Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@NewsyBarbara

The defense team #RichardAllen wants is here. Bradley Rozzi and Andrew Baldwin.

K9 on patrol outside court. About 10 ppl in public line. Lots of media.

View attachment 475639

Bradley Rozzi talking with Cara Wieneke ahead of hearing. Cara filed this original action. Mark Leeman will argue it.

Attorneys have entered followed by law enforcement and families.

10:49 AM · Jan 18, 2024

Bradley Rozzi and Mark Leeman embrace after court. I asked both Rozzi and Baldwin for comment both declined.
Well, that's the first time they've kept their mouth shut about anything. I bet CW will be tweeting up a storm though.

@alcaprari23

JUST IN: Prosecutors have amended their charges against accused #Delphi killer Richard Allen. He now faces four counts of murder & two counts of kidnapping. Two more charges of murder were added since the crime was committed during the act of another felony crime, kidnapping.

2:54 PM · Jan 18, 2024

That was always the charge that made more sense to me given the description of events in the AA. I still wonder why they charged it as felony murder at first, but I guess we may never know.
Death penalty trials take much longer, require qualified defense attorneys and generally cost more. It may also take a larger pool of potential jurors to find enough willing to rule on a DP case.

In fact, this may render moot the decision about the first team of defense attorneys. If the old ones aren't DP qualified, they can't represent RA.

ETA: Does anyone know if the original defense team is DP qualified?

@alcaprari23

JUST IN: Prosecutors have amended their charges against accused #Delphi killer Richard Allen. He now faces four counts of murder & two counts of kidnapping. Two more charges of murder were added since the crime was committed during the act of another felony crime, kidnapping.

Why were these charges not filed long ago? Is this a tug of war game going on here? Ugh!

Same question, different day: When is justice coming for Abby & Libby?

Why were these charges not filed long ago? Is this a tug of war game going on here? Ugh!

Same question, different day: When is justice coming for Abby & Libby?

IANAL, but this may streamline the process with clear, established procedures designed to protect the rights of the defendant.

It looks like Indiana instituted some new rules of criminal procedure

On the positive side for the defendant, if found guilty and sentenced to death, the sentence is automatically appealed and state covers the cost of defense attorneys.

More information about death penalty trial procedures

Last edited:
Death penalty trials take much longer, require qualified defense attorneys and generally cost more. It may also take a larger pool of potential jurors to find enough willing to rule on a DP case.

In fact, this may render moot the decision about the first team of defense attorneys. If the old ones aren't DP qualified, they can't represent RA.

ETA: Does anyone know if the original defense team is DP qualified?
He has represented clients accused of committing multiple murders and other heinous acts and is death penalty qualified in the state of Indiana.

Logansport, Indiana Law Attorney Bradley A. Rozzi | Hillis, Hillis, & Rozzi | Logansport, Indiana Lawyer | Estates, Wills, Corporate, Real Estate Law.

Several times it was stated that they, the SC Justices, want the case back on track. Their decision will be forthcoming rapidly, is my impression. The proper decision will be made but time has been lost.

We would be watching RA's trail for the kidnapping and murder of these two wonderful children right now if not for the Judge ambushing the Defense attorneys. Today the D's attorney made it clear that the actions of JG unequivocally stopped the D's case in its tracks.
And they're right! There is NO way this man should have to wait til October 2024 to even START a trial!!

I have no idea.
But, I am on board with them continuing and using the Odinism as their defense.
Let them make fools of themselves.

Judge Gull can't shame them anymore than they have shamed themselves.

LET THEM.

JMO
I don't think they've made fools of themselves really. I think they did their job. Defended their client vigorously. And just because perhaps some people don't want to believe that perhaps Odins were involved in this matter, does not mean they weren't in some way. It is worth investigating this further, even if that investigation takes place on the stand in my view. I'd rather hear alternative theories than have to swallow whatever LE present without any rebuttal. If we don't hear about the Odins at this point, people will always wonder if the lawyers messed up and we *should* have heard about them more. Now that it is out there, the current counsel has no choice really but to run with it otherwise its going to just confuse people more.

@alcaprari23

Makes sense to add kidnapping to assist the felony murder charges. Unsure why there are now 4 murder charges, though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member