Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I’m not feeling as optimistic, not sure why...

I’m wondering if he will be ruled out via alibi.

ETA: I think my hope fell because I was hopeful about the possible Delphi connection and I’m seeing this is still unconfirmed, is this correct? Tia.
Possible Delphi connections remain unconfirmed. But unconfirmed is not the same as untrue. I see two possible connections and I'm keeping them in mind until LE tells us TB is ruled out.

One possibility can be discussed here (one cannot). The one that can be explored under TOS is that there was a Calvary Chapel in Delphi. It functioned until March 2017. After that time, the congregation meets with the Lafayette chapel. TB, as we know, was a Calvary Chapel pastor in MO, until his church closed as few years ago.

To me, it looks like the Calvary Chapel pastors are a small group and know each other. Just a hunch, of course, not confirmed.

jmo

What gets me is the gun I see through his coat, and white coming out of his jacket (possibly rope, imo...), and how nobody in the area seems to know this guy, and how he disappeared so easily, etc.

He very well could have been there fishing, or walking and when the girls came across him and spontaneously acted upon them in an opportunistic manner; however thinking out loud more as we discuss these aspects, and hearing @Foxfire ‘s voice in my mind (“there’s a reason for everything they do...predators...hunting...”), I tend to think he was there with the premeditated intention of sexually assaulting and possibly even murdering someone, moo.
He would have known, that on a Monday morning less men/boys but women or girls, one or more, would perhaps happily walk their dogs on the trail. He got fascinated by women's hair, perhaps even more if glittering in nice February sunshine. Who knows, by what else he got fascinated. Then he mutated into an attacker, all the necessary tools already nearby or hidden under his clothing ...

Possible Delphi connections remain unconfirmed. But unconfirmed is not the same as untrue. I see two possible connections and I'm keeping them in mind until LE tells us TB is ruled out.

One possibility can be discussed here (one cannot). The one that can be explored under TOS is that there was a Calvary Chapel in Delphi. It functioned until March 2017. After that time, the congregation meets with the Lafayette chapel. TB, as we know, was a Calvary Chapel pastor in MO, until his church closed as few years ago.

To me, it looks like the Calvary Chapel pastors are a small group and know each other. Just a hunch, of course, not confirmed.

jmo

I've attended Calvary Chapel churches and you are correct...within a reasonably close geographical area, they would all know each other. I don't see how that church closing has anything to do with this, though. Didn't he stop pastoring a church many years before that?

I see a definite possibility/connection in comments on a news article.

I think it's very possible BG exposed himself to Abby and Libby, and that is not something you just start doing in middle age.

I do lean towards BG being a crafty master serial killer type like IK but then I wonder if I’m giving him too much credit and he’s just been lucky.

Whatever turns out with TB, he’s behind bars, and if he is NOT BG if anything this shown that there is still hope for resolution and that this has brought renewed attention to Abby’s and Libby’s case and maybe even reached some new eyes (an awful price paid for this...). If he IS BG this means other people had to die before he was caught, if he’s not BG this means this threat still exists.

Jmo

Last edited:
Today I’m not feeling as optimistic, not sure why...

I’m wondering if he will be ruled out via alibi.

ETA: I think my hope fell because I was hopeful about the possible Delphi connection and I’m seeing this is still unconfirmed, is this correct? Tia.
Very first post in thread is by Tricia. She recaps that Libby's bio mom made an FB post that LE does have DNA in the Delphi case, but there has been no match. So the Delphi perp has no criminal history where DNA was collected.

They have TB's DNA. I for one am very hopeful on this Delphi case. I think TB may be a serial killer who is tired of himself. TB left a business card at the HotShots bar on the same street, the same day, broad daylight, busy road, where he lives and is known, in the CSS case. Delphi was in broad daylight, but in a remote area, where he is not well-known.

Give LE some time. If the DNA matches Delphi, they won't announce right away until they tighten up the case. So we wait. Cheer up, margarita! :)

Last edited:
When I woke up this morning I checked the news before coming here. I was so afraid that once I got here we would have some sort of video that proved he wasn't the monster that killed Abby and Libby. Now I'm questioning if I believe he is because I just want the (expletive) to be caught, or if I really think he is the one. Can we please have some audio? Why doesn't he have any representation? I feel like facebook usually goes down pretty fast once they get an attorney.

TB allegedly committed the STL crime the afternoon of Nov 19th and was arrested the morning of Nov 21st. It’s encouraging that it appears Indiana LE already had their eye on the unknown suspect based on his general description. It’s reassuring that police forces are actively proactive in mutual crime solving and maybe that’s also the reason the possible connection to Delphi was publicly disclosed.

Nov 22nd
“.......Authorities in Indiana have noted "similarities" in the description of the suspect released immediately after the Catholic Supplies attack and the description of an unknown suspect wanted in the February 2017 slayings of Abigail "Abby" Williams, 13, and Liberty "Libby" Rose German, 14, in Delphi, Indiana, reports the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

"We're aware of the similarities and we've been in contact with authorities there in St. Louis County," said First Sgt. Jerry Holeman, who leads the investigation for the Indiana State Police, the paper reports. "But it is way too early to tell if this is the same" person, he said....”
Report: Suspect in murder, sex assaults at religious supplies store was a pastor
STL police were the first in building a connection (NOT the other way around) and called Carroll County (or FBI/LE).

Like usual since I have been interested for decades in true crime I have read extensively about rapists..pedophiles and those who murder their victims.

What has stuck with me the most I think is learning how many are constantly cruising the busy streets and rural backroads in rural areas looking for their next victim.

The majority always carry their tool kit with them and when they think they have an opportunity to strike they make sure the tools needed are on their person or even in a backpack which they will carry. Such as ropes...zip ties and weapon such as a concealed handgun or very sharp knife or both. Etc.

Most are opportunistic predators. They are constantly thinking..planning and looking for their next victim/s.

Surprisingly some do not have a preference when it comes to being gender specific.

Such as Joe Duncan.

I also saw a show on ID yesterday where two young boys went riding their bikes down in a secluded area. They were both found tortured.... raped and murdered. The case remained unsolved for over 15 years because DNA wasnt as advanced as it is now. The killer was IDd by cigarette butts found at the scene. They found he had raped and murdered both male and female victims. He picked his victims based on who he found easy targets when his victims were alone with no one else around.

Imo BG is also an opportunistic predator. He came fully prepared that day.

Often these kind of predators can be nomadic and tend to move on shortly after they have killed their victims to strike in another area....even moving to other states.

No longer do they seem to hesitate about abducting more than one victim at one time. Imo

Jmo though.

Last edited:
Is anyone in Delphi? There would be no way to contain the range of raw emotions from the girls’ families or from that small town if word was buzzing. I strongly believe the local Delphi news has been asked by LE to stay away so that they do not jeapordize convicting this monster and obtaining all that they need to do so. They will want all evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to charge him. If there was not substantial connections the news would be out there fishing and the police wouldn’t care.

I am wondering if the similarities between the murder of TW and A&L . was more than just the arrangement of the gravesite, leaves etc.. but perhaps a gunshot wound with a specific trajectory at close range.

Just ruminating that the killer may repeat a specific scene in his fantasy where he executes
his victim. it may be a signature, or not.

just thinking . IMO .
I think, his victims maybe always had to undress themselves .... (possibly underwear in the water in case Abby/Libby). And maybe, his victims had certain injuries beyond the gun shot wounds. Though in case JS in MO he perhaps hadn't enough time; we don't know yet.

What was TB’s job in the Navy?

ETA:

Just saw this:

Thank you. I had read "military stipend" but had not located "partial disability". It is stated on page 45 of 55 on the BK documents:

Thomas Bruce: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

TB's time in service includes the 1st Persian Gulf War 1990-1991 under GWBI. His job in the Navy as an AT would not be highly dangerous, but anything could happen.

Aviation electronics technician (United States Navy) - Wikipedia

I wonder if he has a limp ?

—-

Hmmm is there a small airport close by to Delphi? Shot in the dark I know...just thinking about the traveling for work angle...

Last edited:
Hopefully TB kept his clothing or other things as a "trophy", I beg!

That was my exact thought! Isn’t it interesting that he kept the clothing -hidden inside his own home, no less-, rather than simply getting rid of it? He had plenty of time to throw it into a Dumpster or whatever.

As dumb as it sounds, I’ve even wondered if the paperboy cap and the Carhartt jacket were a part of a uniform of sorts or a “good luck outfit” for him. If TB is BG, given that he hadn’t been caught in almost two years, maybe he was becoming more and more confident and didn’t even consider the possibility of members of public -let alone LE- noticing the similarities between the two.

I’m any case, I’m sure the investigators have been tearing their previous residence in Imperial apart, looking for additional evidence. I hope the new owner hadn’t moved in yet.

I think, his victims maybe always had to undress themselves .... (possibly underwear in the water in case Abby/Libby). And maybe, his victims had certain injuries beyond the gun shot wounds. Though in case JS in MO he perhaps hadn't enough time; we don't know yet.

It never gets any easier thinking about the girls’ last few moments. :(

How their families have to get through that...

I've attended Calvary Chapel churches and you are correct...within a reasonably close geographical area, they would all know each other. I don't see how that church closing has anything to do with this, though. Didn't he stop pastoring a church many years before that?

I see a definite possibility/connection in comments on a news article.

I think it's very possible BG exposed himself to Abby and Libby, and that is not something you just start doing in middle age.
The church closing in Delphi doesn't necessarily mean anything at all and I don't suggest anyone in the congregation is involved at all.

But I'm wondering that since TB also experienced a church closing, he might have visited the Delphi congregation and/or pastor on a Sunday in February to give support, share knowledge about closing, speak encouraging words, etc. Then stayed overnight that Sunday and took a hike across the bridge before heading home on Monday.

That is pure speculation on my part. Not fact. JMOpinion

I’m interested in other SAs in the area...just thought of something, I was going to say above I’m interested in other SAs and “attempted abductions” in the area, but neither the Missouri victims nor Abby and Libby were actually removed from the initial location.

Would this be to say that judging from TB’s actions in the Catholic store, that he would be more inclined to these types of “onsite assaults” as oppose to taking them away from the location? He maybe did both but what I’m saying is maybe we can look for other SA crimes or attempted crimes that occurred “on-site”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413