Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not one of today’s hearing, but I came across a video that I don’t believe has been posted yet (my apologies in advance if it has).

Most of the information in it isn’t necessarily new, but the video confirms a lot of things that have been reported previously. The first five or so minutes of the video shows a Q and A portion of last Wednesday’s press conference, while the rest is of a newscast from the same day.

One thing I do believe new is that around 3’20”, answering a question from a reporter, the prosecutor confirms there is DNA evidence that is being analyzed.

Other things I personally found interesting:
1. Reporter says he has confirmed TB and his wife moved into their current residence in late June of this year;

2. He reports a neighbor says s/he had seen TB wearing a newsboy cap before;

3. Neighbor reports s/he saw a computer being removed from the residence on the day of his arrest;

4. Neighbor says LE also took a bag of clothing that appears to have been hidden under the mobile home. The video shows a hole in the skirt of the trailer:

View attachment 157162

[I do wonder how the neighbor was able to tell what was inside the bag. Was it a clear plastic bag?]

5. Neighbor says both TB and his wife were some of the friendliest neighbors they’ve ever had;

6. They moved into the home that was foreclosed on in December, 2008.

7. A neighbor in that neighborhood says s/he found TB “arrogant and aloof.”

8. Neighbor says TB said he had a bad back.

Catholic Supply homicide suspect makes first court appearance

Thanks for you excellent summary!

From your list.
4. Neighbour says LE also took a bag of clothing that appears to have been hidden under the mobile home. The video shows a hole in the skirt of the trailer.

I’m unable to find the link so is it my imagination or did I read one of the charges filed against TB was connected to Tampering with Evidence because he’d hidden his clothing? If so, possibly under his trailer would suggest he had reason to make an effort to keep it as opposed to discarding it in an out of way trash bin.

If there’s a proven connection to TB to the Delphi murders or others, if he was inclined to save the clothing, it’s hopeful that forensics may be able to obtain DNA or other evidence such as fibres or soil samples associated to other criminal acts as well.

What was TB’s job in the navy?
AT1 Aviation Electronics Technician, an enlisted job

The patch on his arm in the young Navy photo at Heavy.com also matches the patch shown on Wikipedia, and his twitter handle @NavyVetAT1.

Thank you. I had read "military stipend" but had not located "partial disability". It is stated on page 45 of 55 on the BK documents:

Thomas Bruce: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

TB's time in service includes the 1st Persian Gulf War 1990-1991 under GWBI. His job in the Navy as an AT would not be highly dangerous, but anything could happen.

Aviation electronics technician (United States Navy) - Wikipedia

I wonder if he has a limp ?

A Missourian said the Catholic Supply Store suspect worked as a pastor

According to this TB hasn't been at pastor with calvary church since 2007. So I'm not sure I see a connection with the carroll county calvary church?
His particular Calvary Chapel church in MO closed. That doesn't mean he wasn't still connected to the Calvary Chapel in general. I would think that since it was such a big part of his life, he didn't sever ties with everyone just because his own church closed.

But I'm not selling the idea, so nobody needs to buy it. I think there is a connection between TB and Delphi and the church is one possibility. Take it or leave as you wish.

jmo

Not one of today’s hearing, but I came across a video that I don’t believe has been posted yet (my apologies in advance if it has).

Most of the information in it isn’t necessarily new, but the video confirms a lot of things that have been reported previously. The first five or so minutes of the video shows a Q and A portion of last Wednesday’s press conference, while the rest is of a newscast from the same day.

One thing I do believe new is that around 3’20”, answering a question from a reporter, the prosecutor confirms there is DNA evidence being analyzed.

Other things I personally found interesting:
1. Reporter says he has confirmed TB and his wife moved into their current residence in late June of this year;

2. He reports a neighbor says s/he had seen TB wearing a newsboy cap before;

3. Neighbor reports s/he saw a computer being removed from the residence on the day of his arrest;

4. Neighbor says LE also took a bag of clothing that appears to have been hidden under the mobile home. The video shows a hole in the skirt of the trailer:

View attachment 157162

[I do wonder how the neighbor was able to tell what was inside the bag. Was it a clear plastic bag?]

5. Neighbor says both TB and his wife were some of the friendliest neighbors they’ve ever had;

6. They moved into the home that was foreclosed on in December, 2008.

7. A neighbor in that neighborhood says s/he found TB “arrogant and aloof.”

8. Neighbor says TB said he had a bad back.

Catholic Supply homicide suspect makes first court appearance
Thank you for this break down! WOW on the hole in the trailer!

Today I’m not feeling as optimistic, not sure why...

I’m wondering if he will be ruled out via alibi.

ETA: I think my hope fell because I was hopeful about the possible Delphi connection and I’m seeing this is still unconfirmed, is this correct? Tia.

Even if TB isn’t connected to the Delphi murders, I think it’d be highly unusual for a 53 year old man to suddenly become a first-time violent murderer and rapist and begin attacking total strangers in the way the STL tragedy has been described (assuming he’s guilty).

That he was captured within only two days is remarkably fortunate because had he not, doubtful a crime so atrocious wouldve been his last hurrah either. Other innocent lives were saved imo.

Is anyone in Delphi? There would be no way to contain the range of raw emotions from the girls’ families or from that small town if word was buzzing. I strongly believe the local Delphi news has been asked by LE to stay away so that they do not jeapordize convicting this monster and obtaining all that they need to do so. They will want all evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to charge him. If there was not substantial connections the news would be out there fishing and the police wouldn’t care.

Out of respect for the victim, it often seems the media holds back until the memorial service/funeral of the victim/s has occurred before they run wild with headlines focusing only on the perp.

JMO but i think if TB had ever been to calvary chapel in Delphi somebody would have already leaked it to the media.....In addition the media would run with it, especially on a case like this that has drawn so much attention.....MOO

Last edited:
Thanks for you excellent summary!

From your list.
4. Neighbour says LE also took a bag of clothing that appears to have been hidden under the mobile home. The video shows a hole in the skirt of the trailer.

I’m unable to find the link so is it my imagination or did I read one of the charges filed against TB was connected to Tampering with Evidence because he’d hidden his clothing? If so, possibly under his trailer would suggest he had reason to make an effort to keep it as opposed to discarding it in an out of way trash bin.

If there’s a proven connection to TB to the Delphi murders or others, if he was inclined to save the clothing, it’s hopeful that forensics may be able to obtain DNA or other evidence such as fibres or soil samples associated to other criminal acts as well.

(Ugh what else did they find in the hole of the skirt in the trailer I wonder)

In addition to all the other charges...he stole something from the store??? Many he does have a habit of retaining mementos of his crimes?
Burglary 1st Degree { Felony B RSMo: 569.160 }

When I saw that I thought for sure the I-70 killer. I guess we'll see. Would be great to have answers on multiple cases!

jmo

Last edited:
In addition to all the other charges...he stole something from the store??? Many he does have a habit of retaining mementos of his crimes?
Burglary 1st Degree { Felony B RSMo: 569.160 }
What did he take?

I wouldn't be surprised if he does have trophies....I hope LE got a good look at everything in his home. But, I'm sure many of his trophies are "normal things" that wouldn't mean anything to anyone except him. Seem to fit with this type of perp - sort of shoving the crimes under the nose of the world, but without the world recognizing them. Speculation only, just thinking aloud.

jmo

JMO but i think if TB had ever been to calvary chapel in Delphi somebody would have already leaked it to the media.....In addition the media would run with it, especially on a case like this that has drawn so much attention.....MOO

I don’t think TB would’ve have a reason to attend Calvery Chapel in Delphi. And there’s absolutely no indication he was Pastor there.

But he became Pastor of another Calvery Chapel that was newly established in the same year, 2003. It’s possible through the CC Pastor network, meetings, mentoring, conferences, fellowship, religious training, etc that TB became familiar with the Delphi area because of that mutual connection.

They have TB's DNA. I for one am very hopeful on this Delphi case. I think TB may be a serial killer who is tired of himself. TB left a business card at the HotShots bar on the same street, the same day, broad daylight, busy road, where he lives and is known, in the CSS case. Delphi was in broad daylight, but in a remote area, where he is not well-known.

Very likely that TB finally unraveled to the point where he gave up on himself. How could he figure he was going to get away with this? Investigators will say that killing sprees are often triggered by stressors, which include:
  • legal troubles

• marital issues

• sexual stress or frustration

• conflict with peers or co-workers

• employment problems

• financial strain

• mental health problems.
He's been through a recent bankruptcy, just had his home foreclosed on, can't hold a steady job, and relies on his wife for their financial welfare.

Another thing I find interesting is that at the time of their bankruptcy filing, his only source of income was a military stipend of $133 per month. I’ve felt since his arrest that TB hasn’t been entirely truthful about his background or personal and professional history, including his purported military service. $133 a month sounds like such a small amount for someone with a military service of 11 years, assuming he was honorably discharged.

It was for his disability.

"Veterans with a service-related disability and an "other than dishonorable" discharge can qualify for a monthly tax-free benefit ranging from $133 to over $3400 every month."

Veteran Disability Compensation

Last edited:
When I saw that I thought for sure the I-70 killer. I guess we'll see. Would be great to have answers on multiple cases!
I-70 stores that were the crime scenes:

shoe store (Indianapolis)
bridal shop (Wichita)
ceramics shop (Terra Haute, IN)
another footwear store (St. Charles, MO)
gift shop (Raytown, MO)

Possible additional crimes by the same perp:
antiques store (Fort Worth, TX)
dance apparel (Arlington, TX)

Did he keep trophies from any of these stores? The crimes were in 199os Would he hang on to them that long, if he is the perp (which we don't know, of course!)

FWIW: source of shop locations: I-70 Killer - Wikipedia

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members