Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That'd be rich-- solved by sleuther using fb technology. But seriously makes you wonder what they have.

I agree and apologize for my error. I don't know where I got what I would've sworn I'd read but cannot relocate the article (although a couple really early were kind of vague) so I can only conclude I misread somewhere.

The creek looked pretty narrow in one picture. Is it a seasonal creek? Wide in some spots but narrows? Could he have marched them up the creek? Was the creek bank brushy, or more park-like? It sounds like the trail network was a local treasure and pretty frequented, but were there areas made inaccessible by creek side vegetation or steep terrain?

At the very beginning it was stated that the girls were found in Deer Creek, but that turned out to refer to the area (Township, iirc) not the actual creek. LE shortly clarified they were 50 feet or so away from the water's edge.

There are numerous videos posted by people who viewed the crime scene. Here's a link to one which gives a good view of the creek. It was said the creek changes significantly based on weather conditions.

Flowing water shown about the 4:20 mark.

Today would have been Libby's 16th Birthday !! Happy Heavenly Birthday sweet angel.
26056046_10156195258435798_3670142340612796899_n.jpg

Absolutely heartbreaking. Lovely post.

At the very beginning it was stated that the girls were found in Deer Creek, but that turned out to refer to the area (Township, iirc) not the actual creek. LE shortly clarified they were 50 feet or so away from the water's edge.

There are numerous videos posted by people who viewed the crime scene. Here's a link to one which gives a good view of the creek. It was said the creek changes significantly based on weather conditions.

Flowing water shown about the 4:20 mark.
That must be where I got the "in the creek" fixation and subsequently skimmed that part of later stories.

My lousy satellite connection provided broken transmission of the video but it was interesting. From all the crime scene tape at the end of the bridge I can see where they turn down the hill...
Precarious bridge. Eerie. No chance Abby perhaps fell off the bridge and Libby was ordered "down the hill"? But transporting an injured person to a murder site stretches things.
I remember reading Abby's mom had told her not to go there. Because if the dangerous nature of the structure?
The perp was sure moving lickety-split. That might seem like a practiced ability, seems to be, having crossed a similar track once. Mind, I must suffer vertigo in dizzying places as I can still feel the impulse to drop to my knees and crawl across.
Just thoughts.

I wonder if he’s ever revisited the crime scene, I wouldn’t think so considering the “heat” but you know never know with a monster like this
I imagine he has, probably to try and relive the high he got from the kill. Unfortunately like a drug, he won’t reach that exact high again so my opinion is, he will kill or try to kill again, unless he’s caught soon.

I also wonder how far BG strayed right after the crime. He just blended right back in perhaps?

Looking at it all more logically after almost two years, I go back to Libby’s stepdad saying her phone was pinging all over town. (This is a horrible link, but I do remember that quote from Mike Patty in the early days- this was the best quote I could find in the media right now: Two bodies found in search for missing Indiana girls | Daily Mail Online).

I never felt like the pinging of her phone was satisfactorily explained. IMO.
Do you think maybe he carried the phone around awhile before disposingvof it? Surely, no doubt, nearby cameras would be checked.

That must be where I got the "in the creek" fixation and subsequently skimmed that part of later stories.

My lousy satellite connection provided broken transmission of the video but it was interesting. From all the crime scene tape at the end of the bridge I can see where they turn down the hill...
Precarious bridge. Eerie. No chance Abby perhaps fell off the bridge and Libby was ordered "down the hill"? But transporting an injured person to a murder site stretches things.
I remember reading Abby's mom had told her not to go there. Because if the dangerous nature of the structure?
The perp was sure moving lickety-split. That might seem like a practiced ability, seems to be, having crossed a similar track once. Mind, I must suffer vertigo in dizzying places as I can still feel the impulse to drop to my knees and crawl across.
Just thoughts.

Ok WOW please you guys tell me if I am crazy, or just way too paranoid to have kids , or if we should accept this as our new norm , I am not AT ALL in Any way victim blaming or parent blaming but this is the first GH Video I've watched there is no way in bloody hell that I would walk that path without another person and fully armed( I didn't think it was that secluded) I would NEVER let two young girls go alone EVER it looks like the perfect place to be murdered , now with that being said I know when I was that age (even younger) I was deep in the woods by myself but do you guys think that this is just too dangerous now ? I really wanted to go hiking this year but I'm seriously having second thoughts so I googled it , and it did nothing to help my hiking adventure but this stuck out

After 20 years, Shenandoah National Park double-murder still unsolved, but the FBI says the case remains active

wonder where the David Rice guy is now ?

Last edited:
Ok WOW please you guys tell me if I am crazy, or just way to paranoid to have kids , or if we should accept this as our new norm , I am not AT ALL in Any way victim blaming or parent blaming but this is the first GH Video I've watched there is no way in bloody hell that I would walk that path without another person and fully armed( I didn't think it was that secluded) I would NEVER let two young girls go alone EVER it looks like the perfect place to be murdered , now with that being said I know when I was that age (even younger) I was deep in the woods by myself but do you guys think that this is just too dangerous now ? I really wanted to go hiking this year but I'm seriously having second thoughts so I googled it , and it did nothing to help my hiking adventure but this stuck out

After 20 years, Shenandoah National Park double-murder still unsolved, but the FBI says the case remains active

It's not just human predators. I came across a bunch of wild hogs and babies about a year ago. I wasn't even but 1/4 mile from home. I try not to think how that could've ended with protective sows.
But at least animals have some degree of predictability. A hog will be a hog.
It's humans you cannot predict.

It's not just human predators. I came across a bunch of wild hogs and babies about a year ago. I wasn't even but 1/4 mile from home. I try not to think how that could've ended with protective sows.
Thank you was not even thinking about non human,you are correct, wild Hogs , wolf, snakes , bears , Human has to be the scariest !

I left a message with the Carroll County Comet, a online local newspaper based in Delphi, IN.
Message left was "I have a good idea for upcoming story for your newspaper, please call me".
I pray by not saying what my ideas for a feature article is a reporter, will call me back.
These days people read online newspaper. This is just a start.
I plan on contacting other newspapers in the region.

Making sure Abigail and Liberty murder are not forgotten, and help apprehended this killer.

In myhumbleopinion your great post (771) what towns along that train ride would you suggest?

The girls were found in water according to what I've read. Dna could be lost. He knew this when he left them there.

Possibly he shot them, maybe even forced them into the water and shot A gun would give him control while some distancing from the victims. Maybe he's carrying one in the photo as it appears to me. Forensic evidence w guns.

Rough terrain controlling two healthy teens would take physical ability too. He was competent in an outdoor environment, steep trails.

Training? Experience? Could be a lead in some directions.

Brushy trails can snag clothing and skin. I hope dogs were somehow used to try to define the path of catastrophe, search for clues. Maybe they have something.

I sure hope he's brought to justice. He's smart but they've got to have a clue somewhere.

Topic jumping here but in reading up on the Monon High Bridge and trails I found reference to them fencing it off where the girls were found. Was it ever done? The perp could visit.

Were there many people coming to gawk?

Was something unusual about the spot?

Were they afraid evidence still existed, or wanted to preserve something?

The phone was pinging off 3 towers that were about equi-distant from the phone. The phone was not moving. This is per LE in one of the videos, possibly the one with Meghan.

I remember all that being discussed. It’s been a while and explanations on how cell phones triangulate with towers was put out there, but I never understood it all, especially how quickly the pings were detected. I use the find my iPhone feature occasionally, and that is immediate information, but to contact the cell phone carrier to triangulate pings might take longer.

No doubt the family was calling the phone, too, so makes no sense BG would carry it off, but that statement from MP is one I never could get my head around. I don’t think we know for sure how and when the phone was found, am I at least getting that part right? Thanks for your help!

Ok WOW please you guys tell me if I am crazy, or just way too paranoid to have kids , or if we should accept this as our new norm , I am not AT ALL in Any way victim blaming or parent blaming but this is the first GH Video I've watched there is no way in bloody hell that I would walk that path without another person and fully armed( I didn't think it was that secluded) I would NEVER let two young girls go alone EVER it looks like the perfect place to be murdered , now with that being said I know when I was that age (even younger) I was deep in the woods by myself but do you guys think that this is just too dangerous now ? I really wanted to go hiking this year but I'm seriously having second thoughts so I googled it , and it did nothing to help my hiking adventure but this stuck out

I've hiked by myself in some fairly solitary places (out-of-the-way trails in Yosemite, Lassen, Sequoia, etc.) and never worried about running into bad guys, but I'm male. A female might face some risk in a secluded place, but I don't know that people should live their lives based on fear and avoidance of all risk.

Oh, man! Wild animals can be scary. I've hiked around the Slough Creek portion of Yosemite, and there are supposedly grizzlies in that area. Thankfully I never ran across any. If you run across a mother with cubs, it's pretty much game over.

I've hiked by myself in some fairly solitary places (out-of-the-way trails in Yosemite, Lassen, Sequoia, etc.) and never worried about running into bad guys, but I'm male. A female might face some risk in a secluded place, but I don't know that people should live their lives based on fear and avoidance of all risk.

Oh, man! Wild animals can be scary. I've hiked around the Slough Creek portion of Yosemite, and there are supposedly grizzlies in that area. Thankfully I never ran across any. If you run across a mother with cubs, it's pretty much game over.
OT
The hogs tore into my dogs a few days later and nearly killed one with a gut wound. The dogs will run them off if they don't get mortally wounded trying.

At least hogs eat snakes.

I'm far more worried about hogs and snakes than serial killers around here. The wildlife folks even decided we lacked bear around here and re-introduced them not far from here.

Are there wild pigs roaming the river bottoms in Indiana?

DN has been transferred to El Paso Jail from Freemont Jail. Note his alias name!
Offender Name:
NATIONS, DANIEL JAMES
Custody Status:
In Custody
Race:
White
Contact Facility:

Offender ID:
A0327279

Date of Birth:
10/08/1985

Aliases