Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would suck if they don't have any DNA. It could be possible. I did read a reporter's tweets of what he saw coming upon the crime scene. Haven't a clue if he was a spammer or not now. Maybe I kept some notes from back then. I'll check.

They could have a partial DNA profile or no history to match it to. So the 23 or other sites. They did send something off in December 2018. Guess I'll wait 6 months...I really wish the girls murders will be solved soon for the family and everyone else who wants justice for their deaths. RIP girls.

It would suck if they don't have any DNA. It could be possible. I did read a reporter's tweets of what he saw coming upon the crime scene. Haven't a clue if he was a spammer or not now. Maybe I kept some notes from back then. I'll check.

They could have a partial DNA profile or no history to match it to. So the 23 or other sites. They did send something off in December 2018. Guess I'll wait 6 months...I really wish the girls murders will be solved soon for the family and everyone else who wants justice for their deaths. RIP girls.

Can I please ask that any leaks about the case especially about the crime scene are not discussed as it could harm the investigation. Discussing this would be detrimental to putting BG behind bars which is what we all want badly. It would also be a breach of Websleuths TOS.

Hey Everyone,

I want to make sure this report has been posted. This is from
Meredith Barack RTV 6/ABC Affiliate.

Meredith Barack
I would hope they would use any and all tools available. But if they are using ViCAP - Violent Criminal Apprehension Program - there are going to be problems there. For one it is still not mandatory for local and state LE to enter data in ViCAP.

Why Can't the FBI Identify Serial Rapists?

NCIC has problems of its own as well and again this is due to the state and local LE entering data - incomplete, inaccurate or late data.

Not saying they should stop because anything and everything should be searched. But I would not be surprised if BG committed some act - maybe not murder - somewhere else and it isn't in the ViCAP.

The system they are using is called "Pyramid". The article goes into a little detail about how the system works.

Delphi investigator: We wont leave any stone unturned

Snips from the article:
Every tip received about Libby and Abby’s murders gets entered into the FBI system called “Pyramid.” That system stores information like names, descriptions and motives so it can be cross-referenced with other tips.

When certain violent crimes occur anywhere in the country – like murder or assault – police departments enter very specific information about those crimes into a secure system run by the FBI.

That system then looks for potential connections to other crimes.

Here's another article with more info about Pyramid.

Inside the FBI's Internet Tip Line — FBI

These two articles highlight the reasons why keeping rumors out of our discussions are important and why more info isn’t being shared with the public.

I know that it’s frustrating that this case hasn’t been solved and we all want to help, but at the end of the day, the most important thing is finding justice for these two precious young girls.

Best wishes toward good sleuthing all.

Why Police Have Not Released Details on the Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams from Delphi, Indiana

Delphi murders: What's still missing 2 years after the slayings of Abby and Libby

This is great, SouthernMom! Thanks so much for sharing these!

RIP M+J

These two articles highlight the reasons why keeping rumors out of our discussions are important and why more info isn’t being shared with the public.

I know that it’s frustrating that this case hasn’t been solved and we all want to help, but at the end of the day, the most important thing is finding justice for these two precious young girls.

Why Police Have Not Released Details on the Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams from Delphi, Indiana

Delphi murders: What's still missing 2 years after the slayings of Abby and Libby

These are two good articles. I totally understand why the police hold back information and completely agree that they should keep the cause of death etc quiet. But they seem to one want it both ways and the carousel spins round and round. LE releases no information...so the public speculates and comes up with sometimes wild theories...some folks put recreations on YouTube that LE in this article say are all wrong...other people see the videos that fuel more incorrect information that the public believes...LE has press conferences and begs the public for tips...people call in tips based on the incorrect info...LE complains and derides the public for sending in bad quality tips and false tips. Round and round and round.
What LE really wants, understandably, is for someone to call in with the last piece of the puzzle...tell them who did it. For that one person who has resisted a $250,000 reward for two years to suddenly decide they need it.
I guess my point is, if LE needs the public’s help and better tips then they should release some more information. For them to stand around and marvel at all the wrong info people are putting out there, I believe, helps no one. Conversely, if they are not going to release anything else then they need to stop asking for help from the public.
And I guess we all need to close up shop and go home because, according to LE, we have it all wrong, and everything we talk about is incorrect and seemingly laughable to them.

These are two good articles. I totally understand why the police hold back information and completely agree that they should keep the cause of death etc quiet. But they seem to one want it both ways and the carousel spins round and round. LE releases no information...so the public speculates and comes up with sometimes wild theories...some folks put recreations on YouTube that LE in this article say are all wrong...other people see the videos that fuel more incorrect information that the public believes...LE has press conferences and begs the public for tips...people call in tips based on the incorrect info...LE complains and derides the public for sending in bad quality tips and false tips. Round and round and round.
What LE really wants, understandably, is for someone to call in with the last piece of the puzzle...tell them who did it. For that one person who has resisted a $250,000 reward for two years to suddenly decide they need it.
I guess my point is, if LE needs the public’s help and better tips then they should release some more information. For them to stand around and marvel at all the wrong info people are putting out there, I believe, helps no one. Conversely, if they are not going to release anything else then they need to stop asking for help from the public.
And I guess we all need to close up shop and go home because, according to LE, we have it all wrong, and everything we talk about is incorrect and seemingly laughable to them.

You make a good point!

Not sure if my post will be interesting to anyone but I wanted to share incase it is, It's my own opinion, sharing my thoughts out loud. (and they aren't organized, sorry)

I seen it posted earlier (2yrs ago) that some thoughts were that it could be a truck driver. My thoughts were that a driver really wouldn't have time as they are under time constraints, and stuff as mentioned in previous posts. My husband is a truck driver and he told me yesterday he was going to Delphi (I've talked to him about the case) I really wish I was on the trip with him. He picked up his delivery yesterday and doesn't deliver until tomorrow, in his memo from his company it said overnight parking welcome, well I thought nothing about that really... until I spoke to him today (2pm - 3pm EST), he said the building where he delivered is empty not a person in site, no cars in the lot, but the building is open and unlocked. I said maybe its just the lobby area so drivers can use the facilities, he responded he could of went to the warehouse area if he wanted. Which got me to thinking, Maybe BG is a truck driver and he has delivered here several times and had a "day off" and explored the area, which wouldn't be suspicious as that's what historic sites are for? So maybe he's been there several times and had hours to get a feel for the area. I would think tho if BG delivered to this plant, that whoever checked him in would see the sketch and say wow that looks a lot like the dude who delivered today (esp with the reward and no personal ties to BG), unless it was a drop and hook trailer with no personal contact but then why have the 24-36hr lay over unless the had to reset their hours (DOT regulations)... but I would think that LE would investigate any deliveries and drivers for the 12th-13th and maybe even weeks/months before to see if any repeat deliveries were common with that day. The fact that the building is empty gives reason to think that a driver could walk off site and back on and not even be noticed. I'm going to include a map with the trails there is a section of the trail that goes in front of the place my husband delivered to but it doesn't connect with out a main st according to the map. Google said it was a 45 min walk but that was using the road and not as the crow flies... maybe one of the great map makers could make something up, if this has any merit.

Also something that I can't figure out is he said he didn't see anything about the girls, no billboards no memory of, no home of, nothing. Maybe having that stuff would hurt more than help? Thoughts on that please? cause that bothers me.

Also he said he didn't see the monon high bridge from 25 but he will look for it tomorrow when he leaves, to see if he does see it.

When I talk to him tomorrow I'll ask him if he seen anyone to check in or if someone could deliver with out really seeing anyone...

all of this is just my opinion and would love your thoughts on it.

I highlighted in yellow where he delivered

upload_2019-3-28_21-34-56.png

Not sure if my post will be interesting to anyone but I wanted to share incase it is, It's my own opinion, sharing my thoughts out loud. (and they aren't organized, sorry)

I seen it posted earlier (2yrs ago) that some thoughts were that it could be a truck driver. My thoughts were that a driver really wouldn't have time as they are under time constraints, and stuff as mentioned in previous posts. My husband is a truck driver and he told me yesterday he was going to Delphi (I've talked to him about the case) I really wish I was on the trip with him. He picked up his delivery yesterday and doesn't deliver until tomorrow, in his memo from his company it said overnight parking welcome, well I thought nothing about that really... until I spoke to him today (2pm - 3pm EST), he said the building where he delivered is empty not a person in site, no cars in the lot, but the building is open and unlocked. I said maybe its just the lobby area so drivers can use the facilities, he responded he could of went to the warehouse area if he wanted. Which got me to thinking, Maybe BG is a truck driver and he has delivered here several times and had a "day off" and explored the area, which wouldn't be suspicious as that's what historic sites are for? So maybe he's been there several times and had hours to get a feel for the area. I would think tho if BG delivered to this plant, that whoever checked him in would see the sketch and say wow that looks a lot like the dude who delivered today (esp with the reward and no personal ties to BG), unless it was a drop and hook trailer with no personal contact but then why have the 24-36hr lay over unless the had to reset their hours (DOT regulations)... but I would think that LE would investigate any deliveries and drivers for the 12th-13th and maybe even weeks/months before to see if any repeat deliveries were common with that day. The fact that the building is empty gives reason to think that a driver could walk off site and back on and not even be noticed. I'm going to include a map with the trails there is a section of the trail that goes in front of the place my husband delivered to but it doesn't connect with out a main st according to the map. Google said it was a 45 min walk but that was using the road and not as the crow flies... maybe one of the great map makers could make something up, if this has any merit.

Also something that I can't figure out is he said he didn't see anything about the girls, no billboards no memory of, no home of, nothing. Maybe having that stuff would hurt more than help? Thoughts on that please? cause that bothers me.

Also he said he didn't see the monon high bridge from 25 but he will look for it tomorrow when he leaves, to see if he does see it.

When I talk to him tomorrow I'll ask him if he seen anyone to check in or if someone could deliver with out really seeing anyone...

View attachment 176904
Welcome to Ws dansbia, thanks for the insightful post and map too!

View attachment 176904
If you go to the Delphi Packers webpage read the comments from drivers picking up orders. It must be a very slow process.

View attachment 176904
Welcome, Dansbia. Excellent post.

View attachment 176904

Welcome to Websleuths Dansbia. Thank you so much for joining us on the thread. Myself and other members here have often wondered if BG is a truck driver. No posters etc about the case at the truck stop is disturbing but not surprising. Unfortunately too few people know about this case outside Delphi and it concerns me greatly.

They need to run his DNA in ancestry data banks.

I hope and pray they are doing everything possible to try and catch this monster. I don’t care what it costs the state just needs to get any testing available done ASAP. I do not want this to be one of these cases that is solved decades from now with new technology when BG is an old man or dead and cannot be held accountable. That and him reoffending is my biggest fear.

View attachment 176904

Welcome to WS!

Part of my theory from early on has been that BG knows about the bridge, because he looked for it during working hours, or at least how to get to it via C.R. 300. My profile of BG holds that he is a regular working stiff, but might have time on his hands per his occupation.

Was he working that day? My guess is no, he was not, however he may have lied to family members or ? about what he was up to that Monday. His job might bring him to places near to where he will do recon of an area, places he can check out while on the clock, or that he'll come back to later.

I think he recon'd the bridge weeks or months beforehand.

When I visited August of '17, the one poster I saw in Delphi was in color, and it was in the Marathon on U.S. 421 on the south end of town. I visited the canal park near to where your husband dropped the trailer, and there just happened to be a gathering of ISP troopers and their families that day. No posters in the park. I went to Riley Park, again, no posters, and then I walked around town for a couple of hours.

I maintain BG is a SK who, at times, has time on his hands to recon areas for his crimes, and his occupation may allow him time to do so. Truck driver. Contractor of some sort. Etc. He may have certain normal work days of the week off from work, on a regular basis. Also, many people in Illinois had the day off for Lincoln's birthday (state holiday for some workers there).

JMO

Great post, dansbia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members