Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he will be found to have been hiding in plain sight. Just a regular guy nobody thought of.
I’ve always felt that he was a local, and also knew there was no school that day, and may have overheard the girls’ conversations about going to the bridge. Either overheard, or saw it on social media. I really don’t think they were random victims.

I’ve always felt that he was a local, and also knew there was no school that day, and may have overheard the girls’ conversations about going to the bridge. Either overheard, or saw it on social media. I really don’t think they were random victims.
Yes - I have long speculated he had been communicating with Abby; posing as a Bieber look-alike.

One thing that stymies me is how this press conference will provide new information, but there is no suspect, no questions will be allowed from the media. That’s a brazen approach.

I would imagine the new information has to do with the leading suspect, BG, in his big blue coat, though.

I know, it is confusing how the term suspect is used.

Yes - I have long speculated he had been communicating with Abby; posing as a Bieber look-alike.

I'm picturing more somebody they kind of knew, like somebody who works at a store where they shop or delivers packages in their neighborhood or lives a couple of blocks away or something along those lines.

I don’t know how the U.S manages with the different time zones I would be so confused.

This better be huge news. If it's not it's unconscionable to get these families hopes up!

If they are playing some sort of mind game with BG then they should let the families know. Anything else is inexcusable.

Families should be informed before press and public. Before a press release or press conference the families should know what is going on.

The girl’s loved ones will be told beforehand what is being announced there is no way they would learn the information at the same time as the general public. It would be outrageous and cruel if law enforcement did that. They have obviously been advised to watch what they say to the media before the press conferences.

I just hope it is a big breakthrough as I don’t know how much longer law enforcement can ensure media and public interest in the case which has definitely waned from the early days. It was very difficult to watch the last press conference till the end when it immediately became clear nothing new was going to be announced. It is going to be very interesting to see what Superintendent Carter has to say I have so much respect for him.

It seems this LE team has been pretty good about keeping the family in the loop about what's going on, but it's sadly frequent that the families of victims are overlooked or forgotten completely. :(

I'm picturing more somebody they kind of knew, like somebody who works at a store where they shop or delivers packages in their neighborhood or lives a couple of blocks away or something along those lines.
I’ve never thought it was random. I’ve often considered how many people both girls came in contact with, either separately or when they were together. Someone who might have noticed them at the stores where they shopped, or gas stations, convenience stores, restaurants, etc. A person who looked at a vehicle for sale. Someone could develop an unhealthy obsession after any insignificant sighting of either one of them.

Like you mentioned, it could be someone who lived a couple blocks away. Or, how about someone who visited someone who lived a couple blocks away? Or did some yard work, a handyman job, delivered lumber, etc. a couple blocks away. Endless possibilities.

Less than a mile away from my house, three young people were murdered, and the link turned out to be the brother of the 13 year old girl had sold marijuana to the murderer. While he was buying the marijuana he took notice and returned later with two friends who murdered the three. Just an example of something relatively insignificant can result in murder.

What makes you think a Bieber look-alike (or posing as one)?
It was just an example to mean a cute young guy...posing as a romantic young guy interested in a sweet and innocent romance. : (
I don't even know who the latest 14 year old heartthrob/"Bieber" is these days...

It was just an example to mean a cute young guy...posing as a romantic young guy interested in a sweet and innocent romance. : (
I don't even know who the latest 14 year old heartthrob/"Bieber" is these days...
Catfished in the worst possible way. I’m sure the public knows 40% or less than what police know. Which is a good thing.

My theory is based on this article from last summer:

Delphi detectives working closely with investigators who cracked Fort Wayne cold case

“While officers wait for that one last tip, investigators are using other tactics to track this man down, including DNA which is being analyzed by the Indiana State Police crime lab.

“That information is then put into a national database,” said Sgt. Riley.”

To me it would make sense if they got a hit on familial DNA. They wouldn’t have a suspect just yet, just a link to one. And they probably would not want to answer questions that could reveal the identity of the link, as that person would not be a suspect.
Since Indiana is not one of the 12 states that allow familial DNA searching, maybe LE had to go through a long process in order to get permission and that's why it took so long. (Assuming they have his DNA)
I've read that even in the state's that allow it, there are certain restrictions. For example, they can only get permission after they have exhausted every other investigative option.
Which I'm assuming they have by now.
Anyway, we don't know what the big announcement will be that will turn the direction of the case but I'm really hoping it has something to do with the DNA.
Unless, of course, it's something better than that. Imo

Perhaps they were finally able to re-examine (Cybergenetics?) possibly inconclusive DNA evidence data (complex low level DNA mixtures, i.e. more than one/two individual's DNA for example) and have developed a DNA profile. It may or may not link BG to any other known cases.
Now they can check genealogy databases..And now is the time for anyone (friends, family etc.) to come forward and talk!

All IMO .

-Nin

My theory is based on this article from last summer:

Delphi detectives working closely with investigators who cracked Fort Wayne cold case

“While officers wait for that one last tip, investigators are using other tactics to track this man down, including DNA which is being analyzed by the Indiana State Police crime lab.

“That information is then put into a national database,” said Sgt. Riley.”

To me it would make sense if they got a hit on familial DNA. They wouldn’t have a suspect just yet, just a link to one. And they probably would not want to answer questions that could reveal the identity of the link, as that person would not be a suspect.

Then why bother having a press conference? All that they will accomplish is having the suspect run or kill himself.

Since we're leaving no stone un-turned in our speculations... maybe they found some Delphi connection to the Flora fire. Holman said in November that they had solid persons of interest in that case. Investigators: 'Solid persons of interest' in Flora fatal fire 2 years later (Didn't he say that have a number of persons of interest in the Delphi case, too?)

FWIW, I think Ives is back to work on the Delphi case.
"It's very frustrating for the family, it's very frustrating for the community of Flora and very frustrating for us," said Holman
He says people need to overcome their fear.

Sounds exactly like what they said about trusting the police in Delphi...

Since Indiana is not one of the 12 states that allow familial DNA searching, maybe LE had to go through a long process in order to get permission and that's why it took so long. (Assuming they have his DNA)
I've read that even in the state's that allow it, there are certain restrictions. For example, they can only get permission after they have exhausted every other investigative option.
Which I'm assuming they have by now.
Anyway, we don't know what the big announcement will be that will turn the direction of the case but I'm really hoping it has something to do with the DNA.
Unless, of course, it's something better than that. Imo

Parabon, the company that helped catch Golden State, uses a different (yet similar) method to what you’re describing.

Those states use databases of criminals that have their DNA on file, in order to generate a familial match.

For example, if a suspect’s DNA isn’t in the system, a relative’s might be.

Parabon’s process uses a site called GED Match, which is a public database.

People upload their results from Ancestry and sites like it, to this public site.

Parabon uses this information to generate a family tree, one that leads to a probable suspect.

Law enforcement takes it from there.

As far as I am aware, this is legal in all states, as it doesn’t use criminal databases.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member