Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just listened to the new audio and the voice now definitely sounds younger to me.

But the bridge guy walking to me still looks like a older man due to build and clothing choices.

Yet the new sketch looks like a 20 year old so to me I’m struggling with connecting the two.
I’m having the same problem.

The sketch and voice, seem to be a guy in his 20s or 30s.

The guy on the bridge looks like a man in his 40s.

Given the family's reaction and request, I can't help but wonder if they know who this is.

But it was posted earlier "Capt. Dave Bursten also says ISP has asked Abby & Libby's families to not talk after today's announcement. ISP says family has agreed."

"That ISP request, Capt. Bursten says, was extended for two weeks to let whatever is released to digest and so ISP can chase the leads. Family asked Bursten to make it clear that this was ISP's request, not something the families asked for."

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #89

I do not think LE knows who the killer is, but they now suspect someone very close to the investigation, in one way or the other.
If they knew exactly who it was, he would be in jail right now.

Or, they have an evidentiary problem, and they need an untainted source.

By that, I mean that the police are not trying just to identify the perpetrator, but to convict him of a double homicide. It is possible that they have evidence that they believe was gathered illegally, or that would otherwise be inadmissible. If there's evidence that was gathered illegally, then any evidence they obtained as a result of the illegally gathered evidence would also (probably) be inadmissible.

For example, if they got a confession out of someone, but that confession was obtained in a manner that was unconstitutional, the confession is inadmissible. Anything that they got as a result of that confession is also inadmissible. They may be trying to get a "clean" source of information which identifies the same person so that person could be tried an convicted.

Honestly, that's all I could come up with as to why they held the press conference. The video and audio do not seem to me to be helpful in any meaningful way. The sketch is so totally different that its release, and the direct address to the perpetrator, can be the only purposes. I do hope this is over soon and they get this guy.

I’ve saved the link to watch later... doesn’t feel right listening without headphones with the baby sleeping beside me.

But thanks for all the information you’ve all provided. I have chills. I think, based on the family reaction, that there is an arrest coming. Justice for Abby and Libby is way overdue.
Where can we find the link to the press conference?

What a powerful press conference. The address to BG was chilling.

The instruction not to contact the family for two weeks is interesting - I wonder why they gave such a specific time frame.
Idk about the time frame but remember TG asked for a pic of a previously cleared person when the first sketch was released and that set off a firestorm. Perhaps the family agreed not to say anything and the police wanted to make sure they weren’t tripped up by media

My crude understanding is that they can get an approximate age by measuring the telomeres that cap the ends of the DNA strands. The telomeres get shorter each time the DNA divides (when the cell divides) so if they're really short they know the person is older, but if they're long, the person is younger.
Correct. I was just going to post this.

However this is relatively VERY new and hasn’t been used very much/at all in terms of Parabon sketches.

All in all, a strange press conference. We are hearing the family was given this news today and left 'angry'. There is an LE official who is extremely emotional while talking but, quite frankly, the "new" info released does not match the emotions noted for the family or the LE official. The video and audio files are not much more than already seen/heard especially after some WS members linked the known photos together to create a .gif. The info on the abandoned vehicle is very limited so what exactly caused the elevated emotions for family and LE?

Voice sounds a lot older to me. I don't have any friends that are in their 20's-ate 30's that sound like that... sketch could be older though, I'm thinking like early 40's. It does sound like he's saying "guys" I use that term when referring to a group of 1 or more people, even if it is all females

I think they know who it is and had a sketch drawn to look exactly like that guy. Imagine the shock to BG to have them unveil it and see your face! Brilliant ploy by LE if that is the case.

I agree... But then why doesn't he look like BG??? And I mean in the video they played today not original sketch. Does anyone see the new sketch face matching the video??

All in all, a strange press conference. We are hearing the family was given this news today and left 'angry'. There is an LE official who is extremely emotional while talking but, quite frankly, the "new" info released does not match the emotions noted for the family or the LE official. The video and audio files are not much more than already seen/heard especially after some WS members linked the known photos together to create a .gif. The info on the abandoned vehicle is very limited so what exactly caused the elevated emotions for family and LE?

Was the family expecting an arrest? Charges pressed?

I DO get the feeling LE is wrapping up loose ends, and we'll see someone charged in the very near future.

JMVHO.

blueHopeReturnKey.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members