Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link to that?

I seem to remember something like that too. Especially within the first year there were quite a few press conferences and media appearances by LE. A 15 or 20 minutes press conference followed by a Q and A became condensed into a one page media report primarily focused on finding the murderer. The media thread has some of the links or within these 100 threads are discussions from at the time but unfortunately it’s really difficult to out dig out unpublished details more than two years later. Who wouldn’t guessed this case would’ve gone unsolved for even this length of time!

Another example, I am certain during one of those appearances LE made a statement that everyone who was on the trail that day came forward except for the prime suspect, the man on the bridge. That’s a reason I wonder if sketch one was ever seen on the trail but if he was, then sketch two can’t have been sighted there.

Last edited:
Am I off, or is the same officer who helped find the girls (literally) the same one who was also the first on scene at the Flora fires? I’m not implying anything if true, just thought it was odd.
Yes. He was actually injured at the Flora fire scene while attempting to rescue the girls in the burning home. He suffered burns and was airlifted to the hospital.

4 kids dead, 2 officers injured in Flora fire

Edited to add MSM link

Roadway closed between US 421 and 1275 W on Bicycle Bridge Rd for an investigation. Avoid the area.
Roadway closed between US 421 and 1275 W on Bicycle Bridge Rd for an investigation. Avoid the area.

Instructions:
Avoid the area for an active investigation.
Thursday May 9th, 2019 :: 08:20 a.m. EDT

There are additional media reports that indicate the search warrant was the result of a tip and the man was cleared.

This may have nothing to do with anything but I'm going to look into it further. Anyone remember the location mentioned before about something that happened or was checked out on Bicycle Bridge Rd?
Messages from Carroll County E911 : Nixle
I've wondered about this too. Obviously, they were given a "tip" that led them there, good enough for a judge to sign off on a SW. Possibly they missed something OR perhaps their investigation may now be focusing on the one who provided that "tip"? Just a thought.

There are additional media reports that indicate the search warrant was the result of a tip and the man was cleared.

I haven’t been able to find the media reports you mention but I do think it’s interesting that it is out on Bicycle Bridge Rd where a few days after the murders they had another search warrant. In fact, and I might be wrong, but these and the search out at RL are the only known searches I can think of done by LE. Two on one road, two years apart, after the investigation apparently shifts back to a sketch of a man from two years ago. Just wondering.

old Daily Mail article 2/17/17 said "Authorities were led to the residence (11036 Bicycle Bridge rd.) by tips that have been coming in since the bodies were found."
"A person living on the property was interviewed but not arrested".
hmmm.
taking another look?

DBM Misunderstood.

Last edited:
I haven’t been able to find the media reports you mention but I do think it’s interesting that it is out on Bicycle Bridge Rd where a few days after the murders they had another search warrant. In fact, and I might be wrong, but these and the search out at RL are the only known searches I can think of done by LE. Two on one road, two years apart, after the investigation apparently shifts back to a sketch of a man from two years ago. Just wondering.
When was the second search on Bicycle Bridge Rd?

old Daily Mail article 2/17/17 said "Authorities were led to the residence (11036 Bicycle Bridge rd.) by tips that have been coming in since the bodies were found."
"A person living on the property was interviewed but not arrested".
hmmm.
taking another look?

the stretch of Bicycle Bridge road they have closed this morning for an investigation is very large, and yes the house where they served the search warrant is almost directly in the middle of it. nothing has hit the media yet with regard to it being related to the murders, so I'm wondering if this is just a traffic accident investigation (was there a fatal accident on that road last night or this morning?).

"Indiana State Police said this isn't the first time they've solved unrelated cases thanks to tips on the Delphi line. In fact, they've solved between 20-25 separate cases.

"When we go interview them, we go to their house. They’ve got stolen articles in their house or they’ve got, unfortunately, we’ve found meth labs in homes. We’ve found drugs laying on tables. Warrants have been served, because when we go to do the background on that person, we find that person's wanted on another case."

Delphi tip line leads to dozens of unrelated arrests

Doubtful the killer would park it there again on May 1st though (the date of the video).
But this got me thinking. CCC may have parked at the CPS parking area in his previous visits to the trails. In his planning phase. Someone that travels the road frequently may have noticed the same vehicle parked in that spot on several occasions leading up to the incident.

the stretch of Bicycle Bridge road they have closed this morning for an investigation is very large, and yes the house where they served the search warrant is almost directly in the middle of it. nothing has hit the media yet with regard to it being related to the murders, so I'm wondering if this is just a traffic accident investigation (was there a fatal accident on that road last night or this morning?).
Whatever the type of investigation, it gives us a little bit of hope until we learn more about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vmaximus