Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you’re right, but he might not have been parked at that point.

He could have been driving around, and spotted them by chance.

He could have seen them being dropped off, then parked and set out on foot.
That's exactly what I think. He was driving on that road when he saw them. If he wasn't driving that road specifically to look for a victim, or to hike, than why? That road leads to nothing, and one mile north and south are more convenient ways into/out of Delphi.

Could it be possible that we all thought it was for the killer but it was actually geared towards the person providing the alibi? I'm not convinced it's him either but there's definitely some interesting links between the 2 cases.
I think that press conference was directed at both.

The taunting of the perpetrator was directed at him (obviously), but there was also an appeal to those who might be covering for him, either knowingly or unknowingly.

The misconception comes from incorrect addresses that don't match up to where the photos of the search warrant was actually served

I'm going to step away because some are taking it as gospel when its factually incorrect

I have matched my Google map images with MSM photos of the actual search on BBR

And I'm going to end it there to keep within TOS

Thanks for understanding

Unfortunately I can’t locate other media reports at the time LE cleared this man but it was obviously a tip by someone that didn’t pan out, much like 42,000 other tips in over two years. Why his property has now become suspect without any valid reason places suspicion right back on him.

“Delphi police publicly cleared the man from the search warrant on Bicycle Bridge Road, but threats were posted on social media, prompting authorities to again tell people not to harass the man because he was not involved in the killings....”
High-publicity investigation means keeping a low profile

That's a good thought. Does Deer Creek eventual flow into the Tippecanoe River? (goes off to look).

eta no it flows into the Wabash, then the Tippecanoe some way south close to Battle Ground by the look of it. Wow, loads more comments.

whiteswcd.org

Map of basin for Tippecanoe basin, Carroll County is at the very bottom South End as the river would flow. Which reminds me of a trivia question that I had one time, which river in the world is the only one that flows north.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190509-220315_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190509-220315_Chrome.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 16
That's exactly what I think. He was driving on that road when he saw them. If he wasn't driving that road specifically to look for a victim, or to hike, than why? That road leads to nothing, and one mile north and south are more convenient ways into/out of Delphi.

And if LE have good reason to believe the vehicle was parked at that location at noon, he was already there prior to the girls arrival.

While I don't necessarily think he'd planned to kill anyone, I do think there was something going on inside of him that day-like a lot of anger that was trying to come to a head. He could've just been out driving around and trying to subdue himself. He may not have had a particular destination in mind. I try not to drive when I'm mad, but I know plenty of people who jump into their vehicles and just get on the road when they have things to think about. It could have been the girls' misfortune that he just happened to be driving by the park as they were entering it.

Idea B of mine is that he was walking around the park for a similar reason and he crossed their path by random.

Unfortunately I can’t locate other media reports at the time LE cleared this man but it was obviously a tip by someone that didn’t pan out, much like 42,000 other tips in over two years. Why his property has now become suspect without any valid reason places suspicion right back on him.

“Delphi police publicly cleared the man from the search warrant on Bicycle Bridge Road, but threats were posted on social media, prompting authorities to again tell people not to harass the man because he was not involved in the killings....”
High-publicity investigation means keeping a low profile

Agreed

Its absolutely has no known connection IMO

And it likely has zero relevance IMO

A few thoughts I would like to get off my chest

1. The girls were not found the first night because they were at a secondary location.

I think the girls were murdered within minutes after the video ended (20-40 mins). How could the search missed them? They were looking for girls who were missing, not dead. I imagine there was a lot of yelling there names and listening for them to answer back. I would also imagine people looking might think"there is no way they would go down there" and not consider they went down the hill and across the stream.

2. LE has reason to believe the killer was able to move around on that day. Want to know if the car was noticed

I think the POI must have made it to a gathering or meeting later that day. Perhaps a meeting with peers/family or a meeting for youth.

3. LE may have already spoke to someone who knows.

I think the POI family is well regarded in the community and either has blinders that there Son/Brother/Nephew could do something like this or is straight up covering for him. They think that he is sorry and would never do something like this again. Perhaps redemption through religion. Something like this coming to light could decimate the entire family and thus they ignore or hide what happened.

MOO on this, but wonder if anyone else has thought down this line?

While I don't necessarily think he'd planned to kill anyone, I do think there was something going on inside of him that day-like a lot of anger that was trying to come to a head. He could've just been out driving around and trying to subdue himself. He may not have had a particular destination in mind. I try not to drive when I'm mad, but I know plenty of people who jump into their vehicles and just get on the road when they have things to think about. It could have been the girls' misfortune that he just happened to be driving by the park as they were entering it.

Idea B of mine is that he was walking around the park for a similar reason and he crossed their path by random.
Very valid, grounded thoughts. IMO. I'm also not convinced he was necessarily out to kill that day.

I'm a map person, and I feel there could be a lot of answers on the map. But I can get carried away, too. :)

whiteswcd.org

Map of basin for Tippecanoe basin, Carroll County is at the very bottom South End as the river would flow. Which reminds me of a trivia question that I had one time, which river in the world is the only one that flows north.
the St. Johns River- used to swim in it- me and the alligators.

1. The girls were not found the first night because they were at a secondary location.

I think the girls were murdered within minutes after the video ended (20-40 mins). How could the search missed them? They were looking for girls who were missing, not dead. I imagine there was a lot of yelling there names and listening for them to answer back. I would also imagine people looking might think"there is no way they would go down there" and not consider they went down the hill and across the stream.

2. LE has reason to believe the killer was able to move around on that day. Want to know if the car was noticed

I think the POI must have made it to a gathering or meeting later that day. Perhaps a meeting with peers/family or a meeting for youth.

I think the POI family is well regarded in the community and either has blinders that there Son/Brother/Nephew could do something like this or is straight up covering for him. They think that he is sorry and would never do something like this again. Perhaps redemption through religion. Something like this coming to light could decimate the entire family and thus they ignore or hide what happened.

I absolutely don’t believe there was a secondary location, and those girls were murdered and left in the woods.

If you look at the news coverage from the day they went missing, it’s no surprise they were missed.

Elevation changes, ditches, brush, trees, leaves, and darkness; all complicated things.

Hell, it took them several hours to find them in broad daylight.

He didn’t return to the crime scene, and make two trips to dump their bodies.

No way. IMO.

whiteswcd.org

Ummm many rivers flow north in the US alone like 30 some

Sandusky river in ohio near me for one

Totally agree that they were taken to location B, disagree about pillar of the community. My opinion only.

LE have now mentioned two people owning the vehicle and an alibi so I think it likely two are involved. Even if one is just protecting the perp by given an alibi for instance. They would still be guilty imo. What do you think?
They have ???? I haven't seen any update on owner(s) of the vehicle that was parked there. Do you have a news link ?? Apparently I need to catch up TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishbl