Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In that article someone just posted, Abby's mom is quoted, "...Two little girls died here, horrifically — horrifically.... It's upsetting..." That language brings up nightmarish circumstamces to these two young girl's end. I can't even begin to comprehend her anguish.

To be honest, many of us in the child-loss community would consider our kids' deaths to be pretty horrific. My son wasn't murdered but "nightmarish circumstances" is an accurate description of the events surrounding his death. Things don't get much worse than having to bury your child. The details of their COD don't have to be particularly unique or grotesque for their family to call them "horrific." Abby and Libby were murdered, we know that much. That's the nightmare right there.

I think/ guess some if not all rumors will surprise us as being true......Abbys death certificate does say 2/14 and being that those two girls were so very close, so very good friends, why would the parents choose a date other than the actual one....

I worry a lot about the searchers and the witnesses....I think the cops were jacked around which means they were mislead. which is why we have a new sketch.....

I worry I guess, that the killer returned during the night to complete his horror......so Abby's death could have very well been later....

there didnt seem to be a controlled search with a person in charge.....its said that the families were looking all night......who else was out there?.

JMHO....just conjecture...just my guess....I have no facts to back anything up...

but this case is surely strange.

To be honest, many of us in the child-loss community would consider our kids' deaths to be pretty horrific. My son wasn't murdered but "nightmarish circumstances" is an accurate description of the events surrounding his death. Things don't get much worse than having to bury your child. The details of their COD don't have to be particularly unique or grotesque for their family to call them "horrific." Abby and Libby were murdered, we know that much. That's the nightmare right there.
Yeah, I was about to say the same thing.

No matter how this went down, no matter how fast it was, they went through hell before they died.

One of the girls likely saw the other killed, and they both would have felt tremendous fear.

So I don’t read anything into that statement.

The thing is, if Nicole Bowen was tortured and murdered for talking to police, and these cases are in fact connected, then that would explain a lot about people not talking or perhaps covering for a child murderer here. If I thought that I would possibly meet that same fate, I don't know that I would talk either. Just some thoughts.
Given the alleged evil sadistic nature of these people... and I use that term lightly, “monsters” is much more fitting.... I’ll just say I am extremely thankful that I’ve never had to worry about it, and I pray that I never need to.

I keep coming back to the thought that Derrick German calling Libby's phone may have been what interrupted him.

This is a good thought and if so then that would obviously mean that BG was alerted to the presence of her phone. If that’s the case, then perhaps he left it with her intentionally not knowing he had been filmed. There would be no reason for him to take it, unless he was concerned about the girls being found quickly as a result of pinging, which he may not have cared about if he made a quick exit which it sounds like he likely did.

Last edited:
I think/ guess some if not all rumors will surprise us as being true......Abbys death certificate does say 2/14 and being that those two girls were so very close, so very good friends, why would the parents choose a date other than the actual one....

SBM

This is something that comes up on almost every thread and it's been explained multiple times. We've been told that both girls died on the 13th. Becky Patty addressed this early on and explained that the family got to choose the date of death for the announcement. This is not uncommon in an event like this. Depending on the circumstance, different families have different reasons for choosing this. My kid died during the night. For the death announcement and headstone, we chose the day before as the date of death. Autopsy states the day after. We don't have a specific time of death, we only know that it happened within a 4-hour range which technically could have either been a couple of hours before or after midnight.

It may look suspicious, but in a case full of questions this is one of the few things that the public has been given clarity on.

I think people have recognized his voice and have either second-guessed themselves and talked themselves out of turning in the tip or the tip got lost in the shuffle or (for whatever reason) the evidence they have isn't pointing to him. Even when they put out a sketch of Ted Bundy and released his first name and vehicle, his friends just joked around that it might be him. The more "normal" this guy appears to be, the less likely those in his life would probably be to think he's BG.

The man on the farm next to mine is a widower. He's in his 70s and has been good to my family. He volunteers for everything in town. Is a retired railroad employee. Sits on the water commission. Rescues animals. Comes over and helps us out and, occasionally, drops by with pizza and sandwiches from his son's restaurant. If 2 teen girls were violently murdered and a sketch was released that sort of resembled him, and a 2 second video that sort of looked like the way he moves came out then those of us who know him would probably just laugh. "Ha ha ha, that looks like Jerry. Jerry, did you kill anyone? Ha ha." We'd all be shocked as hell if we found out it WAS him. Some people wouldn't make the call because they'd be afraid of being wrong. And some people wouldn't call in because while they might see a resemblance, they wouldn't in a million years think it was actually HIM. And then some people wouldn't even see the similarities at all.

I think we often confuse lack of arrest with lack of identification. It is entirely possible that someone has recognized him but hasn't done anything about it.

Still catching up on a few pages but I just want to say this is an excellent post and so true I think of many....

How can I tell if someone is arrested in Carroll County?

There is a site where you can look this up. You can search by perp name or Attorney for example "McLeland" (please check my spelling) for attorney name brings up a lot of the CaCo case. There is a deputy attorney too, whose name escapes me. (Other search fields can be selected too )

Case Search - MyCase

As far as the 2 week time frame that was announced at the PC, I can see that being a waiting period of GK’s dna testing since he was arrested around that time.
Law enforcement isn’t going to tip their hand and reveal an investigatory timeline.

There’s absolutely no reason to do that, and every reason not to.

It makes far more sense that this request was made to give the families time to process what is going on.

I worry a lot about the searchers and the witnesses....I think the cops were jacked around which means they were mislead. which is why we have a new sketch.....

I worry I guess, that the killer returned during the night to complete his horror......so Abby's death could have very well been later....

there didnt seem to be a controlled search with a person in charge.....its said that the families were looking all night......who else was out there?.

JMHO....just conjecture...just my guess....I have no facts to back anything up...

but this case is surely strange.

That could be possible except ISP just recently stated both girls were murdered within minutes of the video being taken on the bridge. Or do you believe ISP is lying about that and instead one was alive for several hours? What purpose would that serve, given the murderer certainly knows what occurred? I can’t see any reason because if ISP didn’t want to release any details about the time of death the alternative would be not to write this in their press release:

“This is the face of the suspect that goes with body of the video captured on Liberty German's cell phone minutes before she and Abigail Williams were murdered.”
New 'Face' of the Delphi Murder Suspect

You are right, well remembered - Lebanon is shown in Skibaboo's case map (in post 1 of every thread) as a search location, but no addresses were given out. (Peru was another location also on the map.) This is the link that comes up when you click on the binocular emblem in Lebanon on the map.

Reward now more than $100,000 in Delphi murders of two teens

“But with every search comes speculation about a possible arrest. In the past two weeks, investigators searched homes in Delphi, Peru, and Lebanon. State police said the leads did not pan out.

"Please don't post on those sites [social media] that we've arrested someone or put that person's picture naming them as a suspect," he said. "When you don't have facts to back that up that's a dangerous game and that could be dangerous for the person you're posting on the internet.”

Last edited:
I’m on a Facebook group that discusses this case. They’re bringing up a certain person and I wanted your opinion on him possibly being BG. He’s currently incarcerated on another serious case. I don’t want t break any rules.
The subject of the Nichole Bowen murder has been discussed here to some extent, just in case that’s what you’re referring to.

There is a site where you can look this up. You can search by perp name or Attorney for example "McLeland" (please check my spelling) for attorney name brings up a lot of the CaCo case. There is a deputy attorney too, whose name escapes me. (Other search fields can be selected too )

Case Search - MyCase
Thank you!

As far as the 2 week time frame that was announced at the PC, I can see that being a waiting period of GK’s dna testing since he was arrested around that time.

GK wasn’t arrested around the time of the PC, held on April 22nd. He was arrested April 5th. If he was a suspect and they were waiting for DNA results, LE had plenty of time to just wait and not hold a PC at all. No reason to appeal to a man who was already locked up, or suggest he could be that very room.

While we’re talking about these Facebook groups, I genuinely can’t tell if half the members are trolls, or are genuine idiots who don’t know how real life works.

I hope that if we are ever visited by intelligent life, they don’t contact these people first.

It would make all of us look bad.

Thank God for WS.

Ditto times 100 !

Sorry just throwing an idea out
Ha! Sorry, that unintentionally came across pretty blunt.

We’ve had some back and forths regarding the “two weeks” statement, but it’s probably not a sign that something is coming down the pike.

It’s just meant to be respectful to the families.

Agree. Especially as no one imagined they would not be found alive, perhaps with minor injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member