Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok @MassGuy i have been racking my brain and drawing a blank.

Do you ever remember a case that ended up being a stranger abduction in a public place.

Where the perp abducted victims took them to another location and returned to the site of the abduction to murder them.

Or took them to another location murdered them and returned to place their bodies?

The chances would have to be almost astronomical, wouldn’t they?

It’s one thing to be lucky enough to not be caught in the act once, but twice?

Agree and I'll bet there were NO PARKING signs around the lot.
I'll go ahead and share my theory on how LE knows what car was
parked there during time of murders.
A local patrol cop drove by and noticed the car parking in the "No
Parking" lot, took down license plate and description of car, in case he wanted to issue a citation later, or speak to local Joe about his careless parking. Wasn't a pressing issue so he just
called it in to dispatch to have them follow up as they have time.
Cop first sees car at 12noon, comes back around 5 and car is gone.
That's why they used the time frame 12-5pm that they knew the car was there.
all moo.

Would definitely seem plausible

Agree and I'll bet there were NO PARKING signs around the lot.
I'll go ahead and share my theory on how LE knows what car was
parked there during time of murders.
A local patrol cop drove by and noticed the car parking in the "No
Parking" lot, took down license plate and description of car, in case he wanted to issue a citation later, or speak to local Joe about his careless parking. Wasn't a pressing issue so he just
called it in to dispatch to have them follow up as they have time.
Cop first sees car at 12noon, comes back around 5 and car is gone.
That's why they used the time frame 12-5pm that they knew the car was there.
all moo.

In the videos the building doesnt look to have a proper parking lot or signs and fencing. As another poster mentioned, one can just drive off straight on to Highway 25 or back on to the road past the cemetery. Good point about the timing though and also, he possibly moved the car to join the search as has also been stated.

DBM
We don’t even know for sure that he had a gun, although I believe he did.

Two though? That would be completely unnecessary and highly unusual.
Boxer, you have good ideas. However, I get lost with all the MOOS and MOO MOOs. One idea might be to include one MOO at the end of comments as opposed to MOOing following every sentence

Ok. I just wanted to remind people that it's MOO only.

Ok @MassGuy i have been racking my brain and drawing a blank.

Do you ever remember a case that ended up being a stranger abduction in a public place.

Where the perp abducted victims took them to another location and returned to the site of the abduction to murder them.

Or took them to another location murdered them and returned to place their bodies?

The chances would have to be almost astronomical, wouldn’t they?

It’s one thing to be lucky enough to not be caught in the act once, but twice?
Yeah, I’ve never heard of that before.

To kidnap two girls, remove them from the location, kill them, and carry their bodies back to the abduction site?!

Returning them alive, would be just as hard.

I don’t think so.

Also, there was an ongoing search at the time.

No way Jose.

3. LE may have already spoke to someone who knows.

I think the POI family is well regarded in the community and either has blinders that there Son/Brother/Nephew could do something like this or is straight up covering for him. They think that he is sorry and would never do something like this again. Perhaps redemption through religion. Something like this coming to light could decimate the entire family and thus they ignore or hide what happened.

MOO on this, but wonder if anyone else has thought down this line?]

@NameUser: This that you have said is *right.down.the.alley* of what I posted night before last (which post was deleted, so I must have unintentionally written something that was not to have been posted -- though I know not what). I totally concur with you that the POI family & individual himself is very highly regarded in the community of Delphi (and/or nearby small towns that know him/his family); thus... no one is considering him. I do believe that he & his family tend to be very religious individuals (and I have nothing against people of faith, by the way); however, this is just MOO, based upon what Supt. Carter stated during the most recent PC (it is MOO that the Supt. gave *many* "hints" regarding who they believe may "fit" the POI description/profile -- but that is just MOO; nothing more).

Blame it on my highly intuitive nature... (and no, I myself don't have "ESP"; but I have often been accused of "reading minds" even of those I have just met -- with absolutely no intention of "creeping out" anyone; it's just the way I'm "wired". As a result of this internal "wiring" (as some might describe it), it occurred to me recently -- just the last few days, in fact -- to "imagine" (that's the form my intuiting generally takes) what kind of an individual might do something like this... Once I began that "imagining" process, many "dots" began to connect to one another (yes, and probably all wrong!). Nevertheless, it was an interesting mental exercise, making me eager to read/hear of the resolution of this case for all involved.

Mods - please delete or edit if I have written something here that is against the TOS, since I am sometimes not quite sure, and don't want to go against WS or fellow WS-ers. Thanks.

I have already sent in an idea via the e-mail tip line of who I believe "fits" the many parameters required to be reasonably considered to be a POI in this case. I am trying hard to keep "mum"!

It is entirely MOO that the POI is, in fact, in the immediate vicinity, i. e., between a 5-20-minute drive max from the CS, and that their family residence is also in that range as well (though I truly have never searched for that individual's family address). More than anything, I long to see justice done in this case: justice for A&L, of course, but justice on behalf of all young people who, in their innocence and naivete have believed that they could walk on a street or a trail in their small towns (especially in their small towns, for I myself grew up in a small, small town in the Midwest), enjoying the beauty of nature and glorious scenery in their neighborhoods without any such traumatic events.

Oh! Did I mention that I earnestly hope for justice to be served sooner, and not later? But I digress!

* Italics in @NameUser's quote are italics that I have added.

Last edited:
Also the name Delphi itself is steeped with ancient Greek mythology.
Did BG see Delphi as a sacred land for human sacrifice? If he studies ancient religions?

Its unlikely imho, that this killing had anything to do with human sacrifice or the occult.

There are many towns in the US with names of ancient places: Babylon NY, Memphis TN, Mycenae NY, etc.

I think it was more a crime of opportunity and BG saw the girls, decided he wanted them and killed them after having his fun with them. It wouldn't have mattered if it was in Boring OR, (yes, there is a Boring town in Oregon!) this monster would still have attacked and killed two innocent young girls because he couldn't resist the inclination and he seized the opportunity that presented itself.

moo

Last edited:
MOO MOO he had a handgun his right jacket pocket, and is also concealing a second handgun under his jacket in his left
hand ready to pull it out as soon as he gets close enough.
MOO I think the reason his right leg is crossing over is because he is in the first step of initiating a sprint to cut off the angle between Abby and her possible escape.
MOO I believe Abby is trying to get to where Libby is, on the east side of the southern end of the bridge.

MOO personally I don't think he has any firearms in his pants, maybe a sheathed blade of some type.
I can see the outline of the handgun under the jacket on his right side, it looks more like it could be in a shoulder holster instead of pocket as it’s positioned with the barrel pointing back and in an slight upward angle. So it appears in order to draw the weapon he would reach across with his opposite hand, so is he left handed?
I can’t see anything on the left side.

Regarding something down the leg of his pants I think it’s just his skinny legs that we are seeing
I have always noticed his chicken legs in comparison to his (stuffed?) chest/jacket. It's noticeable. They should update the wanted poster to reflect - "look for Coward who skips leg day at the gym".
; )

I would assume the government building while abandoned would still be locked up securely. Too much liability not to be
Jmo

Well now, that's quite an interesting point you make abo1.
Let's just run with the complete speculation that he (might) have used that building for some purpose during his nefarious acts. If LE didn't find forced entry, how would he have gotten in there? That in itself is a critical element. Even if there wasn't obvious forced entry, meaning he left the abandoned building tidy-like, I would examine it with a tooth and comb.

Anyone know if they have vidcam on that building?

Amateur opinion and speculation

It is difficult and sometimes nearly impossible to accept that someone close to you can be capable of horrific deeds. Sometimes people know, but at the same time believe they have to be crazy for even thinking it. Something similar could be happening with someone close to the perp in this case.

Totally agree. Thus, the silence of family members who, even if they don't "know" any specifics, have a strong "inkling" that something's just.not.right. MOO.

* Italics added to the quote are my own.

I am back to wondering if BG was already on the other side of the bridge and the girls happened upon him. He was doing something illegal maybe drugs. He made it appear he was just going to walk back across the bridge and then turned around and attacked. He is a bad guy and carries weapons as a rule. Maybe he just killed them because he could at that time. The things I see people post on Facebook these days makes me glad I can’t see what is hidden. Drug fueled sick fantasies Two trapped little girls he went nuts. Whatever happened if it was sexual only took a moment. I’m sure this thing was over very quickly.

100 threads, over 42K in tips AND a new sketch. Still nothing. That new sketch just looks TOO specific for me. Somewhere there is someone who matches it. There are a lot of folks who don't follow specifics of crime cases though. I would imagine those of us on here are in the minority. There probably are folks out there that would recognize the killer from the sketch, BUT they haven't seen it.

Blame it on my highly intuitive nature... (and no, I myself don't have "ESP"; but I have often been accused of "reading minds" even of those I have just met -- with absolutely no intention of "creeping out" anyone; it's just the way I'm "wired".

Mods - please delete or edit if I have written something here that is against the TOS, since I am sometimes not quite sure, and don't want to go against WS or fellow WS-ers. Thanks.

snipped by me

I think "psychic" stuff is not allowed on WS which is maybe why your post was removed?

You are, however, allowed to talk about your "hinky meter". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kittycanfind