Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Libby's Grandfather or Father say he called a friend who was a police (ex?) officer for advice when he first realized the girls were missing?

Yes, Libby's grandmother Becky Patty stated in a GH interview that her husband,
Libby's step-grandfather Mike Patty, when arriving at the search for the girls, called a friend og his who is a policeofficer.

I did :p Good thing hubby is out of town or he'd think I'd totally lost my marbles. I couldn't get over the weight and also the length. Maybe we just have the biggest crowbar out there? My next job is to find out how many sizes of crowbars exist. I'm not done with this yet :cool:

I think you can get smaller ones. We have one.

Or, he is from the area and has grown up traversing that bridge, is a psychopath or sociopath who needs to live on the edge and is comfortable doing that, is in a helping profession where dealing comfortably with heights is a requirement. Interesting that one of the early un-official sketches, done by someone in prison, showed BG walking through flames on the ground...a fireman?
Good thought.

Well, true. It puts pressure on the perp. But none of us are meant to examine the image and determine various odd things in it like catheters or goats or puppies or whatever, and thusly solve the case.

LE released the video to put pressure on him and also to get someone who knows him and could thus recognize his gait or voice or image, to call in a tip.

They absolutely aren't meaning for people who don't know him to scour a blown up image with few pixels and get clues from that which will solve the case.

I would eat my hat were that the case.

Sure, but then why go national with the sketch, video on GMA if it's counterproductive and gets 3,000 odd tips of which maybe only 10% are worthwhile? It's like tips equals solution, but it's not working seemingly.

Weird. I always thought it was Delphai. Both cities!

Yeah, the Indiana Delphi is named after the Oracle at Delphi in Greece. In Modern Greek, the "phi" is pronounced as /ðelˈfi/-the "i" acting as the hard "e." The hard "i" in Modern Greek would be written as "/ai/ ". (FWIW, in Ancient Greek it would have have more of a "wuh" sound at the end so we'd all be wrong!)

It really doesn't matter. People can pronounce their town name however they want. I say this as someone who lives really close to "Athens" (pronounced with a long "a").

Sure, but then why go national with the sketch, video on GMA if it's counterproductive and gets 3,000 odd tips of which maybe only 10% are worthwhile? It's like tips equals solution, but it's not working seemingly.

There could be a psychology to it. National exposure=more pressure on the people in his life, as well as him. And there may be people all over the US who know him-not just the folks in Delphi. He could have family and friends in Texas, Florida, etc.Just because LE thinks he may be local doesn't necessarily mean that everyone who knows him is local.

Or, he is from the area and has grown up traversing that bridge, is a psychopath or sociopath who needs to live on the edge and is comfortable doing that, is in a helping profession where dealing comfortably with heights is a requirement. Interesting that one of the early un-official sketches, done by someone in prison, showed BG walking through flames on the ground...a fireman?
Interesting thought. I had thought it represented he's going to hell, more of a religious connotation, but who knows?

Well, true. It puts pressure on the perp. But none of us are meant to examine the image and determine various odd things in it like catheters or goats or puppies or whatever, and thusly solve the case.

LE released the video to put pressure on him and also to get someone who knows him and could thus recognize his gait or voice or image, to call in a tip.

They absolutely aren't meaning for people who don't know him to scour a blown up image with few pixels and get clues from that which will solve the case.

I would eat my hat were that the case.

True, it’s all about the pressure. I don’t think the pic release was intended to create nationwide public discussion, but I don’t see harm in discussing scenarios or what people see in the pic. It’s human nature to be curious and want to discuss things. The pic release was intended to elicit a response from a specific individual(s).

The problem is when say someone sees a puppy in the pic and they look for breeders in the area then post a side by side of said breeder on FB declaring them a suspect. That’s when it’s an issue.

True, it’s all about the pressure. I don’t think the pic release was intended to create nationwide public discussion, but I don’t see harm in discussing scenarios or what people see in the pic. It’s human nature to be curious and want to discuss things. The pic release was intended to elicit a response from a specific individual(s).

The problem is when say someone sees a puppy in the pic and they look for breeders in the area then post a side by side of said breeder on FB declaring them a suspect. That’s when it’s an issue.
ITA LE is hoping someone that knows BG sees it & calls it in. Being that LE considers BG a local or someone who once lived/worked there, somebody knows exactly who he is.
I think LE are correct in saying the person that knows BG is afraid to come forward.
I do not think LE expected people to analyze the video stills as much as they have. They’ve had a huge influx of tips in that sense that have not helped. But as you say, it is human nature for people to do that. I think it’s because that’s part of what little info we, the public, have been privy to.
MOO

I don’t think they are related, either. But there could be a common thread that links BG to both.
It's the two different style of murders that makes me think they're not related. The Delphi killings were up close, hands on. To my knowledge the fire was not. I admit tho, I haven't studied the fire murders much.

It's the two different style of murders that makes me think they're not related. The Delphi killings were up close, hands on. To my knowledge the fire was not. I admit tho, I haven't studied the fire murders much.
Yes, ITA. But there is something possibly connecting him to both. I don’t want to come out & say it, but BG could have been involved with the aftermath of the Flora fire.
Moo

I have not been able to shake the feeling that BG is on the fringe of the investigation since the last PC. I’m not saying he is LE...but he is/was somewhere in the mix. Just barely on the outside, just enough that asking questions about Abby & Libby’s case would go unnoticed & not be under suspicion. I feel like he transferred out of the area (Delphi) at some point. Whether that was through employment, college or what have you. (Those are just examples.) MOO

I have not been able to shake the feeling that BG is on the fringe of the investigation since the last PC. I’m not saying he is LE...but he is/was somewhere in the mix. Just barely on the outside, just enough that asking questions about Abby & Libby’s case would go unnoticed & not be under suspicion. I feel like he transferred out of the area (Delphi) at some point. Whether that was through employment, college or what have you. (Those are just examples.) MOO
Yes. I'm uncomfortable thinking he might be in the mix of the who knows what behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suebrina