Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That all sounds about right. Monday on the thread I posted a map with locations marked, sounds about right that Freedom Bridge is about a mile from the waters edge south of the cemetery as I measured to the CPS building which isn’t far from the Freedom Bridge to be just a little over a mile.

50 feet from the waters edge is probably close to be about right, I estimated about 100 feet but that was just my best estimate .

I wonder what is meant by “a mile from Delphi”? From where in Delphi? If it’s Delphi city limits, it extends on the other side of I25.

A mile east from the eastern Delphi boundary, at what point along the creek would that be, can someone measure that please? I’m just curious and my google distance thingy isn’t cooperating.

8420E04C-9357-4DD7-B1A7-CB810545183E.jpeg

BBM
JMO but I certainly think the first sketch, which was said to be a composite, was heavily influenced by the image on Libby's phone. I believe the second sketch was based exculsively on a tip from one witness and is not a composite. This is why I think it is possible that BG may turn out to look like a 'combination of the two' sketches as Carter so confusingly told the public. Remember that Carter said something along the lines of 'a sketch is not a photograph'. The second sketch is a drawing based on a witness and artists interpretation (so probably on target with some characteristics but not exact). The first sketch includes details from an actual photograph/video but it is so pixilated that it is hard to discern the finer details of his face. So some elements from both sketches should be accurate but neither one 100%.
I do wonder about that, because if it wasn’t a SA type crime, other motives should, and probably are, being considered.
MOO I am now of the opinion one or both of the girls knew him. And he tucked his chin in his collar and may have been wearing a fake nose / mustache combo as a disguise as not to immediately be recognized from a distance by the girls. I know it sounds unbelievable, but MOO he was trying hard not to be identified

'we are seeking the public's help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPSDCS welfare building in the city of Delphi that was abandoned on the East side of Connie(typo) road 300 north next to the Hoosier Heartland highway between the hours of noon and 5pm on feb 14 (although we know he meant to say 13th).
if you were parked there or know who was parked there please contact officers at command post in Delphi.'
This is how I understood it in the first place. The welfare building was abandoned.

Those property changes occurred after the murders - many months and likely a year or two after - not before. The attached image is what Beacon had shown back at the time of the murders.
Glad you had the old one. Wonder why they did that, some kind of indiment domain thing. Maybe has something to do with the bridge makeover?

and further more if the suspect did arrive in this vehicle and he didn't go back to it....why?
lived close enough to leg it back?
was freaking out and hiding in the underbrush for a day or so?
likely stolen? which would give more credence to motive and deception before he even got there.

just my speculations

listen from 1.30.

he definitely states specifically looking for the driver of an abandoned car

Did my best to transcribe Carter from the presser.

We are seeking the public’s help in identifying the driver of a car that was parked at the old CPS DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi that was abandoned on the east side of county road 300 N next to the Hoosier Highway between the hours of noon to five on February 14, 2017 (*think this was later corrected to February 13*). If you were parked there or know who was parked there, please contact the officers at the command post at the Delphi City Building.

I don't know if this map has ever been posted before but here is the area around the trails and bridge showing the lot lines. It is from Carroll County public records. I know some have asked where property parcels end for private properties. Here is a screen shot but you can access this page at the link below and play with different layers.

View attachment 189271

Beacon - Carroll County, IN
Fineprint just bringing forward your earlier helpful post with the link to the land map. I notice all the land under and around the SE portion of the bridge is owned by another private individual.

and further more if the suspect did arrive in this vehicle and he didn't go back to it....why?
lived close enough to leg it back?
was freaking out and hiding in the underbrush for a day or so?
likely stolen? which would give more credence to motive and deception before he even got there.

just my speculations
MOO He came back for the search party that very day

We are seeking the public’s help in identifying the driver of a car that was parked at the old CPS DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi that was abandoned on the east side of county road 300 N next to the Hoosier Highway between the hours of noon to five on February 14, 2017 (*think this was later corrected to February 13*). If you were parked there or know who was parked there, please contact the officers at the command post at the Delphi City Building.

ETA- see why there is confusion.

the point of my post was to highlight the abandoned car misty for clarification ;)

abandoned car says to me LE must have it in their possession.

moo

The car wasn’t abandoned, it was the building that was. Both that and the date were later clarified after the PC. It initially sure caused a bit of confusion though.

But if you're reading this as the car was abandoned.....it was parked there between noon and 5. So, it somehow got there and somehow left. That's not abandoned. The welfare building was abandoned tho. They want people to know (and remember) it was the car parked at the abandoned bldg. and are asking who was the driver. imo.

Just thinking about the law of averages... at the same time thinking why there isn’t an arrest. Also, it’s important (at least to me) to think about the motive. That could narrow the leads and prior interviewees down.

Do you think it’s as simple as the motive isn’t understood?
Probably LE is trying to pin down both motive and opportunity....air tight.

yes that's exactly as I transcribed it too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member