Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheriff Tobe Leazenby interviewed. IMO He is indicating this was targeted. Listen carefully at the 4:37...."solely related to or isolated, if you will, to these individuals involved ." This interview was conducted on January 25, 2019.

Last edited:
There has to be a reason that they decided to add that word for us.
My speculation on why they added this word for the public to hear:
He sounds different.
At the presser, the officer stated that the voice you are about to hear IS the same person talking.
To me, when he says "Guys" it is likely to be a voice and a tone that he would use in everyday life, in everyday situations.
"Down the hill" is a voice that projects ( to me) authority and a more dark attitude.
Adding "guys" may be what someone that knows him could potentially use to identify this perpetrator.
Maybe they know that he has a tendency to sound different in different moods and situations.

All MOO

Sheriff Tobe Leazenby interviewed. IMO He is indicating this was targeted. Listen carefully at the 4:37...."solely related to or isolated, if you will, to these individuals involved ." This interview was conducted on January 25, 2019.

Just from a million miles up looking down into the forest so to speak.. .If it was social media and they were targeted, they would probably already have their man. There would be boatloads of digital data that they could mine and find who out who saw the posts, messages, etc.... Other than 13 year old boys and girls and a few scattered adults, the list of innocent onlookers would be very finite.

Just my opinion though, none of us are in LE on the case.... but some of you are a lot more knowledgeable on what has been released (sometimes accurately, sometime not)

Just from a million miles up looking down into the forest so to speak.. .If it was social media and they were targeted, they would probably already have their man. There would be boatloads of digital data that they could mine and find who out who saw the posts, messages, etc.... Other than 13 year old boys and girls and a few scattered adults, the list of innocent onlookers would be very finite.

Just my opinion though, none of us are in LE on the case.... but some of you are a lot more knowledgeable on what has been released (sometimes accurately, sometime not)

IMO This guy is younger and more intelligent than most of us initially believed. The girls didn't recognize him at the first glance. I don't believe it was a sex trafficker, because he wouldn't take them down the hill to initially groom them.

Where does that leave us for motive? If he was seeking a thrill kill LE would be more concerned for the public. It was a fast crime.

I still wonder about the Kik messenger. "A main attraction of Kik that differentiates it from other messaging apps is its anonymity." Kik Messenger - Wikipedia I am not tech savvy enough to know whether someone can use say a public computer to set up a Kik account. The only user information LE can glean is the IP address.

IMO ...He must have known they were going to be there.

MOO Agree, meaning to me, not a digital targeting but targeting nonetheless.
Who doesn't digital media in this context? A savvy media user, knows to leave phone at home and never contact the intended target, and a non media user who just doesn't have a digital footprint. MOO the former is more likely with the lower age group. I am sorry to say but I hope they scoured Delphi and Flora High Schools and any one coming into contact with the girls through sports, church, parties they attended and any Purdue recruiters or College/HS intro class teachers TAs and students.

MOO I always get the sense from Sheriff Leazenby that the direction he wanted to take the investigation has been shot down several times. He seems like he is just waiting to start his investigation in the direction he thinks it should go. He may have finally succeeded, as that interview just posted was in January 1019.

MOO Agree, meaning to me, not a digital targeting but targeting nonetheless.
Who doesn't digital media in this context? A savvy media user, knows to leave phone at home and never contact the intended target, and a non media user who just doesn't have a digital footprint. MOO the former is more likely with the lower age group. I am sorry to say but I hope they scoured Delphi and Flora High Schools and any one coming into contact with the girls through sports, church, parties they attended and any Purdue recruiters or College/HS intro class teachers TAs and students.

MOO I always get the sense from Sheriff Leazenby that the direction he wanted to take the investigation has been shot down several times. He seems like he is just waiting to start his investigation in the direction he thinks it should go. He may have finally succeeded, as that interview just posted was in January 1019.
Libby took middle school summer classes at Purdue.

IMO This guy is younger and more intelligent than most of us initially believed. The girls didn't recognize him at the first glance. I don't believe it was a sex trafficker, because he wouldn't take them down the hill to initially groom them.

Where does that leave us for motive? If he was seeking a thrill kill LE would be more concerned for the public. It was a fast crime.

I still wonder about the Kik messenger. "A main attraction of Kik that differentiates it from other messaging apps is its anonymity." Kik Messenger - Wikipedia I am not tech savvy enough to know whether someone can use say a public computer to set up a Kik account. The only user information LE can glean is the IP address.

MOO yes KIK is a big question mark. A big unsafe door to their lives left unlocked. Libby had KIK. No accountability and anonymity. KIK's executives answers about letting LE find information on dire cases are evasive and/or marketing PR speechifying. KIK user could be local. Would be great if that was available to police, at least the confirmation of a local KIK user and Libby's phone.

Bbm - Not necessarily. SM definitely leaves a digital footprint, but it’s not going to be super easy to determine who created or even who was using a SM account.

MOO KG may have been using her phone, at her boyfriend's house, looking at posts, etc, and the notification of LG 's snap came in on her phone. The time would be right in front of her face on the notification

True, but the notification wouldn’t have the pic. It would just say something was posted. She’d have to actually go to LG’s story to look at it which she could’ve done. Still think it would be weird to make a mental note of post times.

MOO yes KIK is a big question mark. A big unsafe door to their lives left unlocked. Libby had KIK. No accountability and anonymity. KIK's executives answers about letting LE find information on dire cases are evasive and/or marketing PR speechifying. KIK user could be local. Would be great if that was available to police, at least the confirmation of a local KIK user and Libby's phone.

KIK is a huge question mark.

BBM - couple this with the January 2019 sheriff interview leaves me really questioning motive.

BBM

I’m not so sure. I agree that LE has likely combed through digital tracks and social contacts of the girls, but I think it’s possible that BG was indeed one of them. LE did say it was likely that either he or someone close to him had been interviewed. Also, BG has apparently been “hiding in plain sight”.

So I think it’s very possible BG can be tracked, at least peripherally, to Abby and Libby through SM or some other digital way. I just think he’s been so far able to explain it away.

MOO.

I am so sorry cannot recall who posted it or what the interview was - but LE saying to the effect: they were not concerned about having a suspect, they were concerned about an airtight case

That really struck me!! I mean: if you don't have a suspect then having an airtight case is meaningless...

Point being: really makes me wonder if they have someone in their sights.....

Apologies for not being able to track the interview

I don't see any way for a random person to know the girls were going to be there at the bridge that afternoon.

According to Libby's older sister, the girls decided spontaneously to go hiking there, pretty much just before she took them and dropped them off.

I do see a possibility that someone saw 3 girls in a car and followed them to their destination, perhaps.

Or someone saw 2 young girls being dropped off alone? And then followed the into the park?

But I don't see how anyone knew earlier than that , that the girls were going to be at the bridge.

I don't see any way for a random person to know the girls were going to be there at the bridge that afternoon.

According to Libby's older sister, the girls decided spontaneously to go hiking there, pretty much just before she took them and dropped them off.

I do see a possibility that someone saw 3 girls in a car and followed them to their destination, perhaps.

Or someone saw 2 young girls being dropped off alone? And then followed the into the park?

But I don't see how anyone knew earlier than that , that the girls were going to be at the bridge.

I respectfully disagree. The sister may have believed that they thought it up just then, but we all have been teenagers, and know that teens can always make up stories. They knew they were having the day off school, and could have been invited, or planned the trip to the bridge and pretended it was a spontaneous thought.

I respectfully disagree. The sister may have believed that they thought it up just then, but we all have been teenagers, and know that teens can always make up stories. They knew they were having the day off school, and could have been invited, or planned the trip to the bridge and pretended it was a spontaneous thought.

that's true.

True, but the notification wouldn’t have the pic. It would just say something was posted. She’d have to actually go to LG’s story to look at it which she could’ve done. Still think it would be weird to make a mental note of post times.
I do believe KG was conscious of the time as she was due at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member