Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO. The motive was sexual. He probably had been planning on some heinous and depraved things. But he didn't get his way. The girls fought He didn't think they would. He killed them where he did because he knew that he had lost control.

Agree, KIK is terrible.
MOO KIK + Local young man = the killer
It would be a gr(eat help to the police if all delphi area KIK users could be identified.
KIK= It allows users to share messages over WiFi without alerting their parents. Ugh... I am enormously relieved so many of my friends children are now in their 30's! If this killer is young, knows how to contact/groom/lure and entrap with an anonymous app.... How long before he attempts a repeat contact? I spend a lot of time reading about advancements in bio-science for crime solving, but sadly only 10 states have provisions for "familial
DNA searches." (
Ark, Cal, Colorado, Florida, Mich, Tex, Utah, Virg, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.) Perhaps other states will decide it is a valuable tool in solving crimes.
I truly understand some not wanting to participate....but plenty of others have in the past. And maybe, just maybe someone from the Delphi area was a close enough match....first cousin, half-sibling, grandchild etc... to get the focus back to the local community. I know I am "rehashing" a lot of info..but maybe it will help understand why so many delays, "and investigation taking a new direction"?

After all this time they may have got rid of it.

LE has Libby’s phone—if she was using Kik, they would have seen the Kik app on the phone. They would have subpoenaed the records, which would include transaction logs and recent photos or videos from the last 30 days, but not the actual conversations. The transaction logs would include the IP addresses of all parties.

From Kik’s privacy policy

(https://www.kik.com/privacy-policy/):

“...once you send a message through the app and it has been received by the intended recipients, the text of the message is no longer accessible by our servers and will disappear from your app when you logout (so be sure to backup any data you want to keep); however, attachments to that message (such as pictures or videos) are stored for 30 days for deliverability purposes.”

Link to Kik’s LE help page, including what’s available via subpoena,/warrant: https://help.kik.com/hc/en-us/artic..._guide_for_law_enforcement_-_january_2016.pdf

I hate to bring up 207 again as its settling down... but it's actually quite easy to figure out the exact time. It would be different if people started looking for them days later, but they went missing while the story was active. No doubt, everyone was carefully looking at that post, since it was the last communication. I know on Instagram, my story deletes after exactly 24 hours. Last time, I watched and refreshed to see what time I had posted, because I couldnt remember. I posted at 12:11 am. I know that because that was the time the story deleted. It's not real difficult! I feel confident that the time they said is the time it was posted.

Eta- not to mention, I am sure they got warrants for her snap chat activity and so also have an official record. They will have more than the user log would have

I had to respond to this. Afterwards, I promise, no more talk of 207.

That would be a way to determine exact post time, however, someone would have to be assigned to sit and watch LGs SC. They weren’t found till 12:15 on the 14th and I seriously doubt resources were used for that purpose since there really is no evidentiary value to the snap other than the time it was posted which LE knows it can get via search warrant. Also, the time was put out on SM prior to the girls being found so prior to the 24 hour post availability .

Edit: no more 207 for me for the rest of the day.

I had to respond to this. Afterwards, I promise, no more talk of 207.

That would be a way to determine exact post time, however, someone would have to be assigned to sit and watch LGs SC. They weren’t found till 12:15 on the 14th and I seriously doubt resources were used for that purpose since there really is no evidentiary value to the snap other than the time it was posted which LE knows it can get via search warrant. Also, the time was put out on SM prior to the girls being found so prior to the 24 hour post availability .

Edit: no more 207 for me for the rest of the day.

We dont want you getting withdrawal symptoms, CK.

We will slowly wean you off 207. Ready...........

CK, how many bones are in the average adult human body?

:)

GRAY HUGHES ROUND TABLE WITH BECKY PATTY PART 2

Part A
Becky was on Skype. I’ve transcribed the most interesting questions from callers.

Q. Does she know if the classmates and friends were interviewed to any great extent by LE?
BP: I do know that the police did talk to many of their friends. Many of them took their phones in.

Q. Were there any other cars in the parking area when Kelsi dropped off the girls?
BP: There was one car there.

Q. Was the Mears farm – was that vacant? Was the house – nobody was living there, right?
BP: It was vacant. Both the – the couple were older. Mrs Mears had passed away a while back and Mr Mears had died shortly before.

Q. Has Becky heard all the audio from the recording, and if so, does she think that releasing the audio would help identify the bridge guy?
BP: I don’t know how much audio there is. We have only heard a small clip of it. I don’t know if it would be anymore help to release what we heard or not.
GH: Do you think it would be helpful though if they did have more conversation, to release it, ‘cause I mean the thing is, people might be able to tell more by hearing more of a conversation and go, “Oh wow, that’s exactly how so and so might have said that”.
BP: Oh, I agree. If there is some more and if he was talking a lot more, I definitely agree that I would like for them to release it. I can’t say whether they should release or not because I don’t know what is there.

Q. Has LE ever mentioned whether they ever intend releasing … any more of the actual video of him on the bridge or anything like that that could help maybe identify him better than just what they’ve already released?
BP: The last time that we discussed any of that, they had told us that at that time they had no intentions of releasing any more of the video.

Q. Since you’ve seen it, did you see him walking where they took the still frames from – that portion of the video?
BP: Him actually walking, is that what you’re saying?
Q. Right. Where they got the still frames from – just that little small clip.
BP: We did see him walking. We did see that. That is in a photoshop. He was truly walking. I remember a whole lot about him. At the time, they had us focusing on conversation.

Q. Do you think that they’ll release that, I mean just that portion of it live even though I’m sure it’s super blurry, you could see his cadence or how he is walking?
A. The segment that we – like I said, it was just a very small clip that we saw.
GH: They don’t have much of him walking, you know. That’s the truth of it. Like, they don’t have much of him walking. As a matter of fact, those frames that we’re seeing are the only clear, like, shots that they probably could get off the camera, kind of wiggling around.
Q. Right. But I mean even if it’s him actually moving for 5 seconds, don’t you think that could be beneficial?
GH: Well, I think it’s only going to be, like – I don’t even think it’s 5 seconds. I think they maybe have, like, a second or less of just moving around, but maybe they could do some kind of stabilisation thing. I don’t think it’s 5 seconds of him moving. I mean if it is, I definitely think they should release that if it’s 5 seconds of clear moving.

Q. How far away again was he when the video was taken – 60’?
GH: Yeah, 60’.

Q. I just wanted to ask about speculation about if they think he’s a serial killer or it was just a spur of the moment thing. I don’t think he is a serial killer. Does Becky or LE have any thoughts on that?
BP: They haven’t indicated anything to us one way or the other, whether he’s local, non-local, serial killer. They’ve never given us any indication either way.

BP: We have an FBI Division in Lafayette and the reason the FBI was there so fast was because when the call came in to the State Police that night, the FBI guy was standing there talking to him and he was going off duty also and he asked him if he needed some help. So that’s how he ended up there that night. He just really at that point in time just came to help search. And after that, I don’t know.
GH: Right. See, that’s what I think. To me it feels like based on what they found, that’s why the, you know, the FBI got involved, like right away. Not the first guy that Becky just mentioned, but I mean the fact that a larger presence came in utilising all their tools and so forth.
Q. Is the FBI still part of the investigation?
BP: Yes.

[Link at end of Part B]

GRAY HUGHES ROUND TABLE WITH BECKY PATTY PART 2

Part B

Q. There’s these rumors that go around about the witnesses and the one that really is interesting to me is the 3:15 witness. I mean if there really was a witness that saw him leave, I mean that just blows my mind that he would not be, like, obviously wet and looking kind of crazy. Can you just give me your feelings on that?
BP: I do know LE, you know, they did say that there was a witness that saw him leaving. I’m not so sure on the time. I don’t know where the 3:15 came from but I do know that we were told that there was a witness that did see him leaving.
GH: I think she’s talking about Cheyenne was on the bridge at 3:15ish, but Cheyenne isn’t the witness, that’s the thing. They’re kind of mixing them together. You know what I’m talking about? Remember Cheyenne was out at the bridge?
Q. Yeah. She was on there – was it 3:49 or something? I can’t remember now.
GH: Yeah.
BP: I know what you’re talking about bro, yeah.
GH: Yeah. But she was on the bridge. She got there at around 3… - she said around 3:15 or – 3:10 or something.
Q. Yeah. That’s just – I know – really a lot of speculation going on there with that timeframe, but still, it blows my mind that someone actually saw him leaving, you know, that he was on the trail leaving the scene and I just would really like to know what did he look like, you know what I mean?
BP: They never really said he was on the trail.

Q. Where was he seen leaving? I’ll leave that to Becky to answer. Where was he seen leaving? Where did the witness see him leaving from?
BP: I’m, I’m not exactly sure. (There was definitely a bit of hesitation before answering)
GH: And some stuff is still – you can’t really talk about.
Q. I mean at one point they were asking people to – if they seen anybody out hitchhiking, didn’t they …
BP: Yep.
Q. … in the very beginning?

BP: Well, in the very beginning there was – I remember in the very beginning there was somebody that stopped because there was a work truck or something broke down just a short ways from there and a lady stopped and asked for help. So I remember, I remember that. Yes, I do remember it coming out that they were looking for – if somebody was hitchhiking or something like that. So, you know, I’m not exactly sure where the witness saw him because I’ve not talked to any of the witnesses that I’m aware of. I don’t want to affect the case in any way, you know.
GH: Right.
BP: So I’m …
GH: No, you don’t have to say everything. Like, if you have stuff that you can’t say, then, you know, just don’t say it. You know, I don’t know for sure, you know – I said a minute ago Cheyenne’s not the witness. Well, to be honest, I don’t know if she’s not the witness, alright. So all I can say is that all I’ve ever seen is she has that one photo on the far end of the bridge at 3… was it 49, and then she got to the parking area after – I guess she maybe – I don’t know. She said something like she saw Derrick or something, but I don’t know. That doesn’t really make sense. Well yeah, he got around, he got there around that time, didn’t he – 3:13, right? Derrick?
BP: Yeah, yes. His first phone call when he was coming down the road was at 3:11 and then he called again at 3:14, and those came from our phone records. We just pulled our phone records and stuff so that we could see.
GH: 3:11 was at that bridge back here, crossing …

Q. Did Abby have her phone with her? Was that phone ever found? And where was Abby’s phone found – I mean Libby’s phone?
BP: LE’s never released where the phone was located.
Q. And did Abby have her phone with her that day?
BP: No, only Libby.

I don't see any way for a random person to know the girls were going to be there at the bridge that afternoon.

According to Libby's older sister, the girls decided spontaneously to go hiking there, pretty much just before she took them and dropped them off.

I do see a possibility that someone saw 3 girls in a car and followed them to their destination, perhaps.

Or someone saw 2 young girls being dropped off alone? And then followed the into the park?

But I don't see how anyone knew earlier than that , that the girls were going to be at the bridge.

I thought a third person was invited but didn't see the invite until too late to go but this is just an opinion. Anyone remember this? MOO.

I hate to bring up 207 again as its settling down... but it's actually quite easy to figure out the exact time. It would be different if people started looking for them days later, but they went missing while the story was active. No doubt, everyone was carefully looking at that post, since it was the last communication. I know on Instagram, my story deletes after exactly 24 hours. Last time, I watched and refreshed to see what time I had posted, because I couldnt remember. I posted at 12:11 am. I know that because that was the time the story deleted. It's not real difficult! I feel confident that the time they said is the time it was posted.

Eta- not to mention, I am sure they got warrants for her snap chat activity and so also have an official record. They will have more than the user log would have

SENDER OR RECIPIENT TIME?

Well in the review of old articles I have been doing I found one mentioned it as 2.09 - depending on the recipient's phone signal would that time be the recipient time or send time?
Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member