Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SENDER OR RECIPIENT TIME?

Well in the review of old articles I have been doing I found one mentioned it as 2.09 - depending on the recipient's phone signal would that time be the recipient time or send time?
Just wondering.

Very interesting. Do you have a link handy? TIA

ETA: 2:07 pm was mentioned very early on this site (post #11 thread 1). The article is no longer available, but the poster quoted the reference.

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #1

Very interesting. Do you have a link handy? TIA

ETA: 2:07 pm was mentioned very early on this site (post #11 thread 1). The article is no longer available, but the poster quoted the reference.

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #1

Yep here it is.

These porch lights won’t turn off until a killer is found

"Under a sunny February sky, Libby uploaded a picture of her friend walking on the Monon High Bridge to her Snapchat at 2.09pm. She could not know how haunting that picture would become.

Libby’s grandfather called her mobile just after 3pm, to say he was almost there to collect them and that they should head to the pick-up point.

At 4pm, he called Becky Patty to tell her the girls were not at the pick-up point and Libby wasn’t answering his calls or voicemails.

There were prickles of worry, but in Carroll County the idea that two teenagers would be snatched from a trail and murdered was unthinkable. Perhaps they’d fallen and injured themselves? Maybe they were lost?

By 5.30pm, the worry boiled over. The girls were reported missing."

Thank you. Not sure I'd put too much faith in the reporting; they have the wrong person scheduled to pick them up. moo
You only asked for a link for the 2.09 time. LE have never confirmed it, which is the important thing, so it is all just MSM.

Last edited:
dbm - duplicate of another poster's thoughts:oops:

Some MSM is more accurate than others. This one fails on several key statements of fact. Well known facts, such as the town's population.

moo
Like I said you have the link. Journalistic licence. I am not discussing the population but the SC time, and what you are saying just goes to demonstrate the time cannot be verified anywhere else. I have also seen it quoted in MSM as 2 p.m. so already we have nearly a 10 minute difference in reporting.

Here's the 2pm link.

Eerie photo of bridge where Indiana girls were murdered posted four years ago by tragic Mum

Last edited:
Thank you. Not sure I'd put too much faith in the reporting; they have the wrong person scheduled to pick them up. moo

Well for a long while they didn't reveal who dropped them off and they said the same person was scheduled to pick them up. It was months before it was revealed exactly who had dropped them and who was picking them up IIRC. Never could understand that. MOO.

(Don't get me started on the differences in the drop off time)

Last edited:
Well for a long while they didn't reveal who dropped them off and they said the same person was scheduled to pick them up. It was months before it was revealed exactly who had dropped them and who was picking them up IIRC. Never could understand that. MOO.

Ahem....Tresir, bbm...Yeah, there seems to be a"few barbs in the fabric." Not "getting you started"...just agreeing.

I don't comment on here much but I follow along. I have to say I so agree. In a case where it seems like time and who saw what when in what time period is extremely important, with these inconsistencies I don't see how anyone could give a valid tip, then or now. The drop off times have varied from 1:00 to something like 1:38 to 1:45 and in articles, media, videos, etc., both times exist for people reading who may have a tip, let's hope they read the correct one. The pickup details have varied. And as much as it has been a constant topic here with the SC photo, and may seem beaten to death, when time matters in a case up to almost minutes, the time right on the facts provided is a very big deal--they could have cleared people or centered on the wrong people because the times were wrong in one thing or another. It may have also stopped tips because of wrong times that did not fit what someone thought they might have known or saw or where their "friend" was at the time (or "child" or "spouse").

I would also add I have about 10 theories with variations and I bet one of mine will end up correct as well :)

Jmo.

GRAY HUGHES ROUND TABLE WITH BECKY PATTY PART 2

Part B

Q. There’s these rumors that go around about the witnesses and the one that really is interesting to me is the 3:15 witness. I mean if there really was a witness that saw him leave, I mean that just blows my mind that he would not be, like, obviously wet and looking kind of crazy. Can you just give me your feelings on that?
BP: I do know LE, you know, they did say that there was a witness that saw him leaving. I’m not so sure on the time. I don’t know where the 3:15 came from but I do know that we were told that there was a witness that did see him leaving.
GH: I think she’s talking about Cheyenne was on the bridge at 3:15ish, but Cheyenne isn’t the witness, that’s the thing. They’re kind of mixing them together. You know what I’m talking about? Remember Cheyenne was out at the bridge?
Q. Yeah. She was on there – was it 3:49 or something? I can’t remember now.
GH: Yeah.
BP: I know what you’re talking about bro, yeah.
GH: Yeah. But she was on the bridge. She got there at around 3… - she said around 3:15 or – 3:10 or something.
Q. Yeah. That’s just – I know – really a lot of speculation going on there with that timeframe, but still, it blows my mind that someone actually saw him leaving, you know, that he was on the trail leaving the scene and I just would really like to know what did he look like, you know what I mean?
BP: They never really said he was on the trail.

Q. Where was he seen leaving? I’ll leave that to Becky to answer. Where was he seen leaving? Where did the witness see him leaving from?
BP: I’m, I’m not exactly sure. (There was definitely a bit of hesitation before answering)
GH: And some stuff is still – you can’t really talk about.
Q. I mean at one point they were asking people to – if they seen anybody out hitchhiking, didn’t they …
BP: Yep.
Q. … in the very beginning?

BP: Well, in the very beginning there was – I remember in the very beginning there was somebody that stopped because there was a work truck or something broke down just a short ways from there and a lady stopped and asked for help. So I remember, I remember that. Yes, I do remember it coming out that they were looking for – if somebody was hitchhiking or something like that. So, you know, I’m not exactly sure where the witness saw him because I’ve not talked to any of the witnesses that I’m aware of. I don’t want to affect the case in any way, you know.
GH: Right.
BP: So I’m …
GH: No, you don’t have to say everything. Like, if you have stuff that you can’t say, then, you know, just don’t say it. You know, I don’t know for sure, you know – I said a minute ago Cheyenne’s not the witness. Well, to be honest, I don’t know if she’s not the witness, alright. So all I can say is that all I’ve ever seen is she has that one photo on the far end of the bridge at 3… was it 49, and then she got to the parking area after – I guess she maybe – I don’t know. She said something like she saw Derrick or something, but I don’t know. That doesn’t really make sense. Well yeah, he got around, he got there around that time, didn’t he – 3:13, right? Derrick?
BP: Yeah, yes. His first phone call when he was coming down the road was at 3:11 and then he called again at 3:14, and those came from our phone records. We just pulled our phone records and stuff so that we could see.
GH: 3:11 was at that bridge back here, crossing …

Q. Did Abby have her phone with her? Was that phone ever found? And where was Abby’s phone found – I mean Libby’s phone?
BP: LE’s never released where the phone was located.
Q. And did Abby have her phone with her that day?
BP: No, only Libby.

Thanks for transcribing! I tried to listen to this interview, but it bugged me when GH kept interjecting. Felt like he was trying to make BPs responses fit a narrative and I just wanted to hear what she had to say.

BP mentions that the video clip she saw was short. Wonder if it’s what was shown at the PC. Also wonder if that is actually all that there is of video.

I thought a third person was invited but didn't see the invite until too late to go but this is just an opinion. Anyone remember this? MOO.

This was debunked by Becky Patty herself in one of the GH Q&A videos. I remember watching this. The name was even mentioned but I won't repeat it. Someone else on this board (Mtnlites maybe?) knows the person discussed and it was definitely an incorrect rumor that still, to this day, keeps getting spread around.

This was debunked by Becky Patty herself in one of the GH Q&A videos. I remember watching this. The name was even mentioned but I won't repeat it. Someone else on this board (Mtnlites maybe?) knows the person discussed and it was definitely an incorrect rumor that still, to this day, keeps getting spread around.
Have you got the link to the BP GH interview by any chance?

It's one of the interviews/round tables already linked previously. I'm pretty sure she was answering a caller's question. I'll have a re-listen and see if I can pin down the exact timestamp.

ETA: Here is the link - it's the first part of the round table already being discussed, it's nearer the end. I've decided not to be more specific than that due to WS ToS.

Last edited:
Really? That's cool.

I'd wish they'd finally find this guy so the killer of two young girls can face justice, and their parents have closure.

<modsnip - sarcasm>
Sorry, I thought you would be able to tell that was said jokingly by the “lol” I put at the end.

Obviously all the reasons you listed are the true reasons I would like someone caught.

Yes... Another girl was invited, but I do not remember her name or any other details. It was published early on, in the MSM somewhere...............moo

This was a hypothetical rumination by a young peer, a "what if", that through a game of online telephone has turned into something else. There was never a 3rd girl.

It's one of the interviews/round tables already linked previously. I'm pretty sure she was answering a caller's question. I'll have a re-listen and see if I can pin down the exact timestamp.

ETA: Here is the link - it's the first part of the round table already being discussed, it's nearer the end. I've decided not to be more specific than that due to WS ToS.

Interesting.

Took awhile to find it, but I did. I didn’t hear a specific kid’s name. The person that asked BP about it was named though. BP said that the person said that there was a girl in a group that was friends with LG and that she (the unnamed girl) knew the night before that they were going, but she couldn’t go because her mom wouldn’t let her. BP then asked if the person that asked the question could message her (BP) with the name of the kid because they had never heard of that before. BP then said she that she messaged the only girl that she thought they would’ve told and that girl said that never happened.

Not sure if this violates ToS. Hope not. It’s just a summary of what BP said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413