Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's also point out that the twitter page was created in Aug 2014, and Libby tweeted one single time and that's it.

To then assume that she used KIK more frequently than the app used to locate her KiK name is just that: an assumption.

Is it possible? Sure. Is it rational to then form an opinion that BG used KiK to lure Libby to the bridge to talk about Jr high gossip when we dont know if she used the KiK app more than she did Twitter?

No.

And if I may borrow a line, How can one be so sure that BG used the KiK app to talk to Libby? How can you know he arranged to meet there to talk jr. High gossip? Have you a LE link confirming this?

If I remember right, there was a lot of speculation about the girl’s social media activity early on, and if it indicated anything relatable to their murders. Lots of discussion on WS about the possibility.
Some months later I’m pretty sure LE and the families said everything regarding social media had been thoroughly investigated and there is no connection to the murders and social media. They both have reiterated that in recent months I believe.
Now, I don’t necessarily believe everything that LE has had to say about things, but I do believe this.

If I remember right, there was a lot of speculation about the girl’s social media activity early on, and if it indicated anything relatable to their murders. Lots of discussion on WS about the possibility.
Some months later I’m pretty sure LE and the families said everything regarding social media had been thoroughly investigated and there is no connection to the murders and social media. They both have reiterated that in recent months I believe.
Now, I don’t necessarily believe everything that LE has had to say about things, but I do believe this.
Have you got a link where LE have specifically said no connection to SM? the change at the PC where they have gone back to 2 days after the murders for a sketch has put this in some doubt, because they seem to have cleared someone a little bit too quickly IMO to disregard this sketch so early on.

I respectfully disagree. The sister may have believed that they thought it up just then, but we all have been teenagers, and know that teens can always make up stories. They knew they were having the day off school, and could have been invited, or planned the trip to the bridge and pretended it was a spontaneous thought.

Teens talk, and friends talk to their friends. It's not unreasonable to think someone mentioned it and they mentioned it to another friend etc...

I agree, much has probably not been shared but hopefully all were interviewed, including the kids. I thought it was more vague like 10 to 20 kids? I have read so much it gets confusing :)

It seems logical though if KG saw the kids (her age weren't they or wasn't that said?) then the kids saw her and A & L.

I still wonder about remarks saying there was a lull before and after. Busy place on getting there and then all vanish?

I spent an hour last night rewatching the GH video with BP someone posted last night. I almost quit watching a few times. I did watch to the end though. Going back and rewatching things is always a bit eye opening and yet just brings more questions.

Jmo.

Recently Kelsi German did a Q&A on GH's YT channel. She clarifies quite a few points. As it turns out, it was early on in the investigation, she was nervous being interviewed and she misspoke. She meant to say that there were 10-20 kids on the trails spread across the entire day, not at the very moment that she dropped off or searched for the girls. I think that makes more sense. There wasn't a big concentration of them in the afternoon or anything.

She also talks about the advanced classes Libby was taking with the Purdue GERI program - called Super Saturdays.

Link here:

Have you got a link where LE have specifically said no connection to SM? the change at the PC where they have gone back to 2 days after the murders for a sketch has put this in some doubt, because they seem to have cleared someone a little bit too quickly IMO to disregard this sketch so early on.

I don’t have a link, it’s just my recollection.
I totally agree with you that the last PC puts everything they have ever said in doubt. I just happen to think they are right about this...probably. Their mistake early on, and I do believe they made a big mistake early on, involves something other than social media.
I personally think the mistake involves dismissing someone locally, either as a suspect or as a witness/tipster. Such as, the suspect was too well known, well connected, not smart enough, just a local punk, etc. Such as, a tipster who was a druggie, a punk, not very bright, etc. I base a lot of that feeling on the fact that from early on they had info up all over the country, truck stops nationwide, etc. Now suddenly...the killer is a local.

I saw where they’ve said “there doesn’t appear to be a link to SM at this time”. I’ve never seen them say it’s been totally ruled out.

Recently Kelsi German did a Q&A on GH's YT channel. She clarifies quite a few points. As it turns out, it was early on in the investigation, she was nervous being interviewed and she misspoke. She meant to say that there were 10-20 kids on the trails spread across the entire day, not at the very moment that she dropped off or searched for the girls. I think that makes more sense. There wasn't a big concentration of them in the afternoon or anything.

She also talks about the advanced classes Libby was taking with the Purdue GERI program - called Super Saturdays.

Link here:

Going to definitely give this a listen.

She says there were 10-20 kids there when she dropped them off and some before in the Renner interview which was posted September 2018. Don’t know exactly when it was filmed though. I believe she talks about the interview on Twitter in like June or July 2018.

Link here:

Does she actually say she meant to say 10-20 across the whole day? How ever would she know that? I don't have 3.5 hours to spare to watch this GH video so do you know what time is the relevant bit, and we could skip straight to it?

Does she actually say she meant to say 10-20 across the whole day? How ever would she know that?

I’m trying to listen to it and will let you know what I hear. TBH it’s hard for me to listen to GH videos and I have to do it in small segments. I appreciate him conducting and posting the interviews, but he talks too much. Way more than the people he’s interviewing and it’s annoying.

I’ve gotten through about 15 minutes or so with some fast forwarding. KG does say that she dropped them off between 1:35 and 1:37. The call to her BF apparently was at 1:35.

Edit: Since this was brought up yesterday thought I’d relay the info. Haven’t gotten to the part about the number of kids yet

How can you be so sure there was no other person planning to be there. Have you a LE link confirming this?

Yes, I do. And as I've said in many posts before this, a mod is more than welcomed to PM me and I will send it to them. In fact, I've reported on my own post.

The young woman whose name keeps popping up in this rumor is family. The young woman is also underage and there is a very real threat of her being doxxed. She does not need to be dragged into this.

This idea of there being a third girl was always a rumor that somehow got picked up in a news story. Various people, including BP, have said that it wasn't true. That really should be the end of the discussion IMO.

I’m trying to listen to it and will let you know what I hear. TBH it’s hard for me to listen to GH videos and I have to do it in small segments. I appreciate him conducting and posting the interviews, but he talks too much. Way more than the people he’s interviewing and it’s annoying.

I’ve gotten through about 15 minutes or so with some fast forwarding. KG does say that she dropped them off between 1:35 and 1:37. The call to her BF apparently was at 1:35.

Edit: Since this was brought up yesterday thought I’d relay the info. Haven’t gotten to the part about the number of kids yet

ok, get back to me tomorrow :)
I don't understand the lengthy stuff he does now - it's boring imo. 20 minutes half an hour max, like the Renner interviews, is plenty long enough.

Does she actually say she meant to say 10-20 across the whole day? How ever would she know that? I don't have 3.5 hours to spare to watch this GH video so do you know what time is the relevant bit, and we could skip straight to it?

BP has mentioned the same thing. That evening when the girls were first noticed to be missing reportedly the girls’ friends were contacted to see if anyone knew where they’ve went to. In a place the size of Delphi word of missing children gets around very quickly and both the families were local. So IMO it’s nothing more than the fact people know and talk to one another which explains how BP and KG know what other kids were on the trail that day.

Yes, I do. And as I've said in many posts before this, a mod is more than welcomed to PM me and I will send it to them.

The young woman whose name keeps popping up in this rumor is family. The young woman is also underage and there is a very real threat of her being doxxed. She does not need to be dragged into this.
I have not mentioned any names and I'm not wanting any names. I am wondering how you or anyone would know that the girls didn't ask anyone to go or meet with them.

I have not mentioned any names and I'm not wanting any names. I am wondering how you or anyone would know that the girls didn't ask anyone to go or meet with them.

@ZoriahNZ provided you with a link 4 pages back when you asked for it then.

It's one of the interviews/round tables already linked previously. I'm pretty sure she was answering a caller's question. I'll have a re-listen and see if I can pin down the exact timestamp.

ETA: Here is the link - it's the first part of the round table already being discussed, it's nearer the end. I've decided not to be more specific than that due to WS ToS.

BP has mentioned the same thing. That evening when the girls were first noticed to be missing reportedly the girls’ friends were contacted to see if anyone knew where they’ve went to. In a place the size of Delphi word of missing children gets around very quickly and both the families were local. So IMO it’s nothing more than the fact people know and talk to one another which explains how BP and KG know what other kids were on the trail that day.
Ok have you got a link other than the Kelsie GH one where BP or LE mentions number of kids/young people at the trail that day. If so many were there (10-20?) then why didn't they see the girls for that couple of hours the girls were there. I find it weird that on the one hand it is stated it is a popular trail, against the fact no one seems to have seen the girls. With the Middle school having approx 350 kids and the High School having about 500, thats a lot of kids off for the day wanting to hang out.even if only 5% went to the trails it could mean 40 kids, so 10-20 is a really small fraction of all the kids off that day.

My opinion of course but I think it was a mistake for LE to put out a sketch rendering of BG, young or old. Anyone who knows BG is going to recognize him from the video and audio that was released. LE has said that the guy in the video is the suspect.

Yes the video is blurry but a family member, friend or neighbor will be able to recognize that person regardless. I can recognize my neighbor when I'm in a store shopping from far away and they are not even facing me. I can tell by their stature, clothing and movement.

I think the sketches are doing two things:

1) They are getting a lot of frivolous tips

2) People see these sketches and are dismissive. In other words the person Libby captured on her phone on the bridge looks very familiar to them yet they do not contact LE because he does not look like the sketch. Someone may think the person on the bridge is their neighbor, retaliative or friend but he doesn't look like the 22 year old college student depicted in the sketch.

I think the video and audio is enough and most factual.

I've found that it's easier to listen to annoying video, (or a video that features a "slow talker") if I play it back at 1.5 speed. IMO. If I catch a part that's interesting, I switch back to normal speed.

FYI, for those who don't watch YouTube often, you can acess that feature via the settings icon in the lower right of the YouTube window. MOO :)

Ok have you got a link other than the Kelsie GH one where BP or LE mentions number of kids/young people at the trail that day. If so many were there (10-20?) then why didn't they see the girls for that couple of hours the girls were there. I find it weird that on the one hand it is stated it is a popular trail, against the fact no one seems to have seen the girls. With the Middle school having approx 350 kids and the High School having about 500, thats a lot of kids off for the day wanting to hang out.even if only 5% went to the trails it could mean 40 kids, so 10-20 is a really small fraction of all the kids off that day.

I doubt you’ll find a link indicating what kids were on the trail precisely what time of day, just as there’s no link stating 10 to 20 kids were on the trail the same time as Libby and Abby.

I’d presume the reason is because the general public isn’t required to know that information in order to offer than one tip which will assist LE in identifying the suspect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member