Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be what some of you were discussing several pages ago regarding BG sounding 'impatient.'

It's not a long video (its under 7 minutes) and has some very interesting content. 2 mins 40 seconds in is where he mentions it.

This interview is with Tony Slocum and he mentions when talking about the audio that 'it sounds like he might even be a little exasperated, like he had told them to do that before.'

I found this in the media thread so I am sure its okay to post here.

This may be what some of you were discussing several pages ago regarding BG sounding 'impatient.'

It's not a long video (its under 7 minutes) and has some very interesting content. 2 mins 40 seconds in is where he mentions it.

This interview is with Tony Slocum and he mentions when talking about the audio that 'it sounds like he might even be a little exasperated, like he had told them to do that before.'

I found this in the media thread so I am sure its okay to post here.
Thanks Bradford S.

It's not the source that Ive been manically searching for , but is really interesting in its own right. Not seen it before.

( The presenter makes me cringe )

ok, get back to me tomorrow :)
I don't understand the lengthy stuff he does now - it's boring imo. 20 minutes half an hour max, like the Renner interviews, is plenty long enough.
Found it. It’s in the first 5 minutes. GH actually refers to the Renner interview and basically asks if she worded things wrong specifically referring to the 10-20 people.

KG says it was one of the first times she spoke and worded things wrong and in ways that made things sound bad. She meant that there were 10-20 people there throughout the day.

GH says 2-3 people were at the intersection where you take a left to the Freedom bridge after you park your car. The first part of the T. There were a few kids there.

KG says yes. There were a couple of kids walking and that she had friends that were there before and after.

When I was fast forwarding I breezed right past that. I listened to the first hour. I can summarize if anyone is really interested. I did all I could do and I’m passing the baton.

I've found that it's easier to listen to annoying video, (or a video that features a "slow talker") if I play it back at 1.5 speed. IMO. If I catch a part that's interesting, I switch back to normal speed.

FYI, for those who don't watch YouTube often, you can acess that feature via the settings icon in the lower right of the YouTube window. MOO :)

Thanks for the info!

My opinion of course but I think it was a mistake for LE to put out a sketch rendering of BG, young or old. Anyone who knows BG is going to recognize him from the video and audio that was released. LE has said that the guy in the video is the suspect.

Yes the video is blurry but a family member, friend or neighbor will be able to recognize that person regardless. I can recognize my neighbor when I'm in a store shopping from far away and they are not even facing me. I can tell by their stature, clothing and movement.

I think the sketches are doing two things:

1) They are getting a lot of frivolous tips

2) People see these sketches and are dismissive. In other words the person Libby captured on her phone on the bridge looks very familiar to them yet they do not contact LE because he does not look like the sketch. Someone may think the person on the bridge is their neighbor, retaliative or friend but he doesn't look like the 22 year old college student depicted in the sketch.

I think the video and audio is enough and most factual.

I agree with you on point #1. I do not think most people realize how big of a problem it is that the person on Liberty German's phone cannot be identified. Without enhancement of the video, I think the police have turned to hoping that the killer is one of the eyewitness descriptions of a person who has yet to be identified on the trail that day. In this way maybe they stumble across the right tip about who this person is.

I do not agree as much with point #2. I still think that people have submitted many tips based not just on the sketches, but also on the video image from Liberty German's phone. I submitted a tip a few times to police that I thought the killer was a refrigerated truck driver with a possible birth deformity that gave him smaller hands and legs. His hands and legs worked ok. The person I saw was wearing the same type of clothing as the bridge guy on Liberty German's phone. But I also wonder where anyone driving a semi truck would park and not be noticed? The Monon High Bridge area has very little parking. I got a response saying my tip had been received.

Numerous youtubers and others have tried to enhance the video image from Liberty German's phone and have come to their own conclusions about it. My own opinion is that if someone does know the suspect picture on Liberty German's phone they have not called it in because they do not believe the person is physically capable of committing the crime. That is my conclusion.

I disagree with the police that people are going to remember a voice, especially with such a short audio clip. Or that they are going to remember how a person walks, especially when they are trying to walk across an old rickety wooden bridge that does not show their true walking movement.

So what should everyone make of the sketches or the video image from Liberty German's phone? I think you have to assume the police know what they are doing since they say that they are closing in on the killer. According to reports there is DNA evidence. But the more time that passes I think the more questions there are going to be about whether or not their investigation is going in the right direction.

Just my recollect from watching various interviews, I think the comments about other kids was made to point out Abby and Libby weren’t the only young people walking the trails that day, there were others and so it was quite typical for the trails to be a place of interest for local teens. But I don’t recall anybody ever stating they were all there the same time. It could’ve been earlier or later in the day as KG didn’t offer any additional information.

(Early on there was a lot of unreasonably harsh criticism, very cruel and hurtful remarks about the girls being allowed to visit the trails/bridge that day).

I remember an individual from the area who was interviewed who said (paraphrasing) other than the height of the bridge, there's nothing he would consider creepy, weird, or out of the ordinary about the area itself - it's a standard type "nature area", to and for those who live in areas that have such a scenic trail spot. People walk their dogs there; picnic; and so forth. I've walked its equivalent many times in many different states, and never thought any of them were particularly "creepy" places either. If anything, it's BG's directing "down the hill", that makes it more possible that no third party person saw the girls on the trail at any time - because he wanted to get them out of sight and off the main drag as soon as possible.

So what should everyone make of the sketches or the video image from Liberty German's phone? I think you have to assume the police know what they are doing since they say that they are closing in on the killer. According to reports there is DNA evidence. But the more time that passes I think the more questions there are going to be about whether or not their investigation is going in the right direction.

SBM

I'm not sure what I think anymore. By sheer numbers alone, it seems like BG should've been turned in by at least one person, but maybe not. Hanging around the various discussion groups, I've seen literally hundreds of people with zero connections to Delphi (or Indiana) who have called in "tips" that are really more like theories. ie. "Have you thought about looking at people who..." as opposed to "My husband is a truck driver with a route in Delphi and not only does he slightly resemble the sketch, but he came home on the 13th with bloodstains on his jeans."

I think that either BG has been turned in but either the tip got lost in the shuffle or wasn't followed through on properly (perhaps in the beginning when things were crazy) or, as you say, the person who knows him best hasn't called it in because they simply don't believe he's capable.

The opposing images are confusing and conflicting and the video is so pixelated that the man on the bridge could almost be any man of any age. It feels like someone in his life could put the audio clip, video clip, and image together and identify him, but maybe not. IMO the use of the word "guys" may help someone who knows him recognize his voice, but it doesn't necessarily make him stand out in any way.

I don't think BG will ever be recognized. When he's caught, and I do believe it will be, IMO it will be due to DNA evidence. He'll either commit another crime and his info will be entered into the system or it will be through one of the ancestry sites.

ETA because "cites" and "sites" are two different words.

Last edited:
been reflecting on and pondering for awhile the statement LE made that everything out there is wrong. (to that effect)
so we have somethings not right. they are not prepared to share with us I guess because it may affect the investigation.
so.... *****speculative post only ***** just food for thought to throw out there.

it keeps popping into my mind maybe BG actually pushed abby off the bridge incapacitating her immediately and directing libby down the hill toward the spot where she fell and maybe the girls made a run for it from there across the creek where he could have caught them if one of them was injured.(abby) because it doesn't make sense two fit agile girls couldn't have escaped him.

its just an opinion and an idea, go easy on the shade :po_O

moo

been reflecting on and pondering for awhile the statement LE made that everything out there is wrong. (to that effect)
so we have somethings not right. they are not prepared to share with us I guess because it may affect the investigation.
so.... *****speculative post only ***** just food for thought to throw out there.

it keeps popping into my mind maybe BG actually pushed abby off the bridge incapacitating her immediately and directing libby down the hill toward the spot where she fell and maybe the girls made a run for it from there across the creek where he could have caught them if one of them was injured.(abby) because it doesn't make sense two fit agile girls couldn't have escaped him.

moo

No shade here, just curious as to why you think he pushed Abby off the bridge to gain control of them rather than using a weapon, like a gun?

I hesitate to accept the theory because they're apparently on tape saying that they can't go on any further because they're at the end of the trail. That leads me to believe that they both made it off the bridge.

No shade here, just curious as to why you think he pushed Abby off the bridge to gain control of them rather than using a weapon, like a gun?

I hesitate to accept the theory because they're apparently on tape saying that they can't go on any further because they're at the end of the trail. That leads me to believe that they both made it off the bridge.
because LE keep saying whats out there is wrong.
so im guessing he 'marched them down the hill' might be it.
as you say the girls knew they had to back track from there. abby technically was still on the bridge in the BG shot so I don't think its too much of a reach to include him disabling her immediately by pushing her off and then telling libby to get down the hill which she would probably be already establishing to do to get to abby.
quick and effective.

just where I am at.
moo

Yes and I already know who that girl is and I'm not talking about her, or necessarily any of their regular friends. The girls were up most of the night and it is possible they could have contacted several people about the next day.
Was it said by family that the girls were up all night?

as you say the girls knew they had to back track from there. abby technically was still on the bridge in the BG shot so I don't think its too much of a reach to include him disabling her immediately by pushing her off and then telling libby to get down the hill which she would probably be already establishing to do to get to abby.
quick and effective.

just where I am at.
moo
Abby's mother talks in this ID show about listening to audio of the girls talking. Abby wanting to go further up the trail as BG approached and Libby saying something to the effect that they couldn't because the trail ended up ahead. So the girls were off the bridge as BG approached them, waiting to cross back over.

Down the Hill | Still A Mystery

moo
Would Abby have been able to "cross the creek", if she was pushed off the bridge before? I can't imagine it.

Would Abby have been able to "cross the creek", if she was pushed off the bridge before? I can't imagine it.
doesn't mean from the middle. if she was near the end it greatly shorter.
one doesn't know ones strength until dire straits.
hope one day we get clarity on their suffering, they deserve the world to know what this monster put them through:oops:

moo

ADMIN REMINDER

Numerous posts have been removed.

Screenshots from social media accounts are not allowed. It is a violation of TOS to do so. Please review The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Do not discuss/sleuth an individual who has not been officially named a POI/suspect. It is a violation of TOS to do so. Just because someone's name appears somewhere on a social media account does not give members licence to start sleuthing them and discussing them and insinuating their involvement. Please review The Rules: Etiquette & Information.

Please post in accordance with Websleuths' rules or face a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

Thank you.

quick and effective.

just where I am at.
moo
But he said, "guys, down the hill", directing more than one.

But he said, "guys, down the hill", directing more than one.
good point kkdj but I don't believe we have clarification that it has not been spliced that audio.
a few commentators I respect have suggested it is spliced together.
if so its a mute point.

as i said LE are suggesting we have it all wrong.
well there isnt much to work with. so thats what i am starting to wonder.??

moo

Found it. It’s in the first 5 minutes. GH actually refers to the Renner interview and basically asks if she worded things wrong specifically referring to the 10-20 people.

KG says it was one of the first times she spoke and worded things wrong and in ways that made things sound bad. She meant that there were 10-20 people there throughout the day.

GH says 2-3 people were at the intersection where you take a left to the Freedom bridge after you park your car. The first part of the T. There were a few kids there.

KG says yes. There were a couple of kids walking and that she had friends that were there before and after.

When I was fast forwarding I breezed right past that. I listened to the first hour. I can summarize if anyone is really interested. I did all I could do and I’m passing the baton.
Thanks and well done. So there were 2-3 , a few people there, a couple of kids and she had friends there before and after. So I wonder if she meant she
had friends there before and after or Libby did? And before their arrival or before the murders? So 2-3, a few before, a few after would add up to the 10-20 approximately. That appears to make more sense now. Appreciate the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413