Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we should start with listing the evidence LE have given us.

2.30 BG on the bridge followed by criminal activity.
Video and voice
Height, weight, description, age 18-40
Girls crime scene on N side of creek
Local and/or works local
Majority of family cleared
Some DNA
Vehicle of interest
Phone and SM data
Reenactments wrong

Anything else to add?
LE said in the April LE PC that they had a witness, that saw BG, somewhere in the area.

That makes sense, thank you. There would be nothing wrong with letting two 13 year olds (together, in a pair, not alone, with a phone) going to a public trail close to town which many others frequented, that criticism was unwarranted.

I did think though that I thought it was said or that I read that KG saw the other kids there when dropping the girls off. I could be wrong though.
KG did say that she saw some other kids there, while dropping the girls off. I have no idea who the kids she seen were....moo

Video and voice
Local and/or works local
Some DNA
Vehicle of interest
Phone and SM data
Reenactments wrong

Anything else to add?
I'd like to add.
IMO what LE considers "evidence," is not all "evidence," but rather a lame attempt to scare this guy out of the woodwork.
The last press conference was proof of that.
With all due respect, Carter should be the last person giving press conferences, and here's why.
1,Carter claims in his PC that this guy could be in the room amongst them. If he really thought this to be true, his latest sketch can't be very accurate, because all anyone would have to do is look around. I don't think any detective would announce to any suspect that they were on to them, but rather follow him around, obtain his DNA etc., and not give him a reason to skip town. In the following television interview a day or two later, Carter backpedals and claims "if he wasn't in the room, he was close by." What's "close by?" 10 miles away eating pizza at a pizza shop? IMO, that was a bluff.
2, Carter claims this guy is between 18-40 years old. What 18 year old looks like a 40 year old? IMO, he was guessing because it's 18-40 year olds that commit crimes like this.
3, Carter claims this guy has a family, and that he lives there.
This is simple.There are 3,000 people living in Delphi. According to the demographics of Delphi, 52% are married. That means roughly 1500 men. Out of those, how many are over 40? Half? If the numbers are only 750 possible men, and they have had over 3 years to investigate with access to drivers license pictures and tips received, then why haven't they identified him? IMO, LE THINKS he may live there because he knew of the bridge, and nothing more. Another bluff.
3 years pass, and a press conference with two new developments.
One, The Sketch that LE released 3 years ago looks nothing like the guy.
Two. One word added to the audio. "Guys"
I don't believe they are any closer to finding this guy than they were on day one, and I hope I am wrong.

Has it ever been said how far you would fall from the bridge at the very end where they went down the hill?

LE said in the April LE PC that they had a witness, that saw BG, somewhere in the area.
Also in that April PC, LE said BG was someone who liked to be in control, was closely associated with Delphi, hiding in plain sight (could be in the room) and he was thinking he was home free with the direction the the ivestigation had taken officially up to that point. Someone already cleared, their alibi for whatever investigative reasons came under scrutiny. AJMO

I'd like to add.
IMO what LE considers "evidence," is not all "evidence," but rather a lame attempt to scare this guy out of the woodwork.
With all due respect, Carter should be the last person giving press conferences, and here's why.
1,Carter claims in his PC that this guy could be in the room amongst them. If he really thought this to be true, his latest sketch can't be very accurate, because all anyone would have to do is look around. I don't think any detective would announce to any suspect that they were on to them, but rather follow him around, obtain his DNA etc., and not give him a reason to skip town. In the following television interview a day or two later, Carter backpedals and claims "if he wasn't in the room, he was close by." What's "close by?" 10 miles away eating pizza at a pizza shop? IMO, that was a bluff.
2, Carter claims this guy is between 18-40 years old. What 18 year old looks like a 40 year old? IMO, he was guessing because it's 18-40 year olds that commit crimes like this.
This is simple.There are 3,000 people living in Delphi. According to the demographics of Delphi, 52% are married. That means roughly 1500 men. Out of those, how many are over 40? Half? If the numbers are only 750 possible men, and they have had over 3 years to investigate with access to drivers license pictures and tips received, then why haven't they identified him? IMO, LE THINKS he may live there because he knew of the bridge, and nothing more. Another bluff.
I don't believe they are any closer to finding this guy than they were on day one, and I hope I am wrong.

It's only just over two years but I agree with most of everything else. Except the demographics of the 52% married would be 1500 men and women so 750 men meaning numbers are even less than you say.

Opinions - I think LE has a good idea of who did it, their recovered DNA does their case no good in a Court of Law( and that is all they have), and they were hoping someone would finally snitch him/them out........ After 2+ years without a confession or a snitch, it ain't gonna happen......I am afraid this case will grow colder.....moo

Bumping

Video and voice
Local and/or works local
Some DNA
Vehicle of interest
Phone and SM data
Reenactments wrong
Some witnesses saw BG in the area

Anything else to add?

KG did say that she saw some other kids there, while dropping the girls off. I have no idea who the kids she seen were....moo

I guess if they were named by KG then it is probably safe to assume LE has talked to them. They were clearly at the trail when the girls were dropped off at least.

I still can't get over being told by the previous poster that people actually criticized the parents for letting the girls go there? Wow. I know the world is getting to where we may need to wrap our kids in a total bubble until they are 70, but I see nothing wrong in that the parents thought in a town they likely grew up in and where they know most, let them go for a couple of hours with total daylight, a day off school, a public trail, two teenagers together with a phone as well, to a spot where nothing previously had ever happened. Now I am sure parents in the area think twice about it today, due to one evil coward (or more if it was more than one), which is a shame.

Jmo.

I think there is something taken out between Guys.......down the hill.

Could be
Guys, it's private land, now get DTH
Guys, here's my badge, now get DTH
Guys, I've got a gun, so get DTH
Guys, wtf are you doing here, get DTH

MOO
Guys ... I'm the guy you're waiting for (while removing some of his disguise)... get DTH!
IF someone heard "Oh, my god!" (I for my part can't hear it) it would fit with a big and maybe unpleasant surprise. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
There just dosen't seem to be anything to go on with this case. I think the video grab and voice clip seems to be the strongest clue to capturing this guy. Sad enough, you would think if BG was a local then someone would have identified him by now. His clothing seems pretty distinctive and he certainly didnt seem to be wearing any type of disguise of any sort. I suspect BG is probably someone who is familiar with the old bridge, but hasn't actually lived in the area for possibly many years. It may be that some sort of change in his life caused him to make a brief revisit to the area. It probably wouldn't hurt to check old year book photos for someone who possibly grew up in the area, or maybe just had a short stay there with a relative who is maybe now deceased.

As far as the abandoned vehicle by the welfare building, it sounds like maybe investigators didn't find out about it until it was to late to see or inspect it. I guess I suspect that the new sketch could be of someone that was seen operating, or possibly near the vehicle in question.

As for the audio clip, I agree with some posters that the word "guys" might have been taken from another sentence.

Bumping

Video and voice
Local and/or works local
Some DNA
Vehicle of interest
Phone and SM data
Reenactments wrong
Some witnesses saw BG in the area

Anything else to add?
On DNA, I would probably clarify that the killer's DNA may not have been identified. That comes from an interview with ISP 1st Sergeant Holeman.

Opinions - I think LE has a good idea of who did it, their recovered DNA does their case no good in a Court of Law( and that is all they have), and they were hoping someone would finally snitch him/them out........ After 2+ years without a confession or a snitch, it ain't gonna happen......I am afraid this case will grow colder.....moo

If police have DNA and they have a suspect, even if the suspect does not voluntarily provide a DNA sample, wouldn't police use surreptitious methods to gather publicly discarded DNA samples, such as a coffee cup, to eliminate the suspect?

I'm inclined to think that police have no idea who murdered the girls and they don't even know where to look.

I barely know anything about the details of this case but have been trying to scan over occasionally because it is so cruel and I hope for justice for these girls. One thing that stood out to me is how little time they had to hang out in the area. They were dropped off around 1:45 and from an article or posting I read on here someone came to pick them up about 3 PM. It seemed that person might have had a tip offf or hint that something bad was going to happen and they were in a panic to get there early to stop it. That is such a short time to hike a trail and possibly hang out with friends. From an outsider it just looks like they were set up and that bridge creature person was either the evil one or maybe someone trying to hurry them out of danger but failed? Although it does look like the bridge man has on a quickly contrived disguise which to me looks like a fishing hat with neck shield, old windbreaker jacket over something bulky, fishing tackle holder attached to belt and something stick like hidden in pants leg. Perhaps this has all been said before but from the little I have read so far something just isn’t adding up to what LE should know by now.

I'd like to add.

I hope and believe that they are much closer than they were on day one.
But you make some good points.

I’d like to see a woman lead the next press conference. It may help to have a woman take the lead in communicating an appeal for tips that may be sitting with a female or a child in BG’s life. Especially if they feel that the “someone who knows something” is afraid to come forward. At least, it would be a different approach, and worth a try. JMO

I hope and believe that they are much closer than they were on day one.
But you make some good points.

I’d like to see a woman lead the next press conference. It may help to have a woman take the lead in communicating an appeal for tips that may be sitting with a female or a child in BG’s life. Especially if they feel that the “someone who knows something” is afraid to come forward. At least, it would be a different approach, and worth a try. JMO
I think the Mom’s should speak directly to the Mom of the Perp; appeal to her.

Amateur speculation and opinion

I barely know anything about the details of this case but have been trying to scan over occasionally because it is so cruel and I hope for justice for these girls. One thing that stood out to me is how little time they had to hang out in the area. They were dropped off around 1:45 and from an article or posting I read on here someone came to pick them up about 3 PM. It seemed that person might have had a tip offf or hint that something bad was going to happen and they were in a panic to get there early to stop it. That is such a short time to hike a trail and possibly hang out with friends. From an outsider it just looks like they were set up and that bridge creature person was either the evil one or maybe someone trying to hurry them out of danger but failed? Although it does look like the bridge man has on a quickly contrived disguise which to me looks like a fishing hat with neck shield, old windbreaker jacket over something bulky, fishing tackle holder attached to belt and something stick like hidden in pants leg. Perhaps this has all been said before but from the little I have read so far something just isn’t adding up to what LE should know by now.

I'm sure that everyone has a pet theory, and I do too.

They were dropped off at the start of the trail, the now closed parking area. I think it's quite possible that the suspect saw them at the parking lot. That person then went to the nearby cemetery and parked in the trees, out of view. It's a short hike to the start of the bridge. He waited until the girls were on the bridge and everyone was off the bridge, and then cornered them at the end of the bridge. He ordered them to go down the hill, to cross the creek, and there they were murdered. He then walked up the hill, got in his vehicle, and left.

My question is why they went to that park that day. Sure, it's a party spot, but not that day. The fact that they did not have full parental permission suggests they didn't want their parents to ask all the questions about why they were going to the park.

I still wonder if there was a digital connection that led them to think they would meet someone their age at the park, but it was instead the murderer. One of the reasons I lean this way is that the suspect was well disguised, in a sense anticipating that the girls were taking photos of him and recording him - something they would be more inclined to do if they were meeting someone and were wary of whether he was really their age.

On DNA, I would probably clarify that the killer's DNA may not have been identified. That comes from an interview with ISP 1st Sergeant Holeman.
thanks, thats what i was hoping to infer by "some" DNA. They have only admitted they have some DNA but not whether it is touch or the perps.

I'll add (not known if identifiable to perp ).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member