Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems odd that BG has his hands in his pocket while trying to cross an unstable bridge. It's as if he's trying to remain calm or keep his composure because of the heinous crime he's about to commit. Which begs the question, did he think he was powerful? Was this particular individual someone who may have had some bullying in his past or perhaps wanted to regain that control? Just conjecturing here.

I've said this before on here, but I always keep my hands in my pocket when I cross the high bridge or any time I'm up high. It's the only way I can maintain my balance.

I don't think he only mentioned Delphi. I think he also included the possibility of someone who had connections to Delphi, maybe grew up there, had family there, worked there, had friends there. He did not exclude the possibility that the killer came from the surrounding area iirc. MOO
Quoted bbm
This is the wording from the presser:

"We also believe this person is from Delphi. Currently or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis or works here"

This wording could mean that the killer could also have family or friends who live in Delphi, but he lives within an hr or two away to enable him to visit regularly.

Now why or how LE knows this.....I am not sure.
I personally believe the killer had a locals intimate knowledge of the area near, on, around and under the bridge.

JMO

This is kind of what I think, too. I've heard it said that some of the witnesses who contributed to the sketches saw him on the trail, and LE has said they have a witness, but I'm not sure what to make of those statements. What's fact, what's fiction, and could these people have seen him somewhere other than the trail?

This is another reason why I keep coming back to the idea of him driving by when the girls were dropped off, parking in a secluded spot, walking the woods to the north end of the bridge where he could see if anyone was around before he moved in on them.

Originally I thought maybe he walked past them at some point and something happened to p*ss him off (he said something and then didn't like their response). In that case, though, I figure he'd have already been hiking on the trail, and likely seen by others.

It's perplexing.

To "witness" can mean to see or hear or know by personal presence and perception (dictionary.com definition). I first think visual as well. But it does not have to be.

ALL IMO

-Nin

How does one get a composite from someone with so many clothes on and whats up with his head gear? Is it a hat , hair, helmut...what? How can someone think that sketch is the BG and if that is how he looked when he is seen--well for all we know it could be a woman. All I suspect is someone seeing someone dressed to kill, cause they sure seem covered creepy!
I think we still need to consider what has been speculated numerous times, which is that BG wore some sort of facial and/or head disguise. It could be a face mask, full head & neck mask, wig, hat, fake mustache, beard, or goatee, etc., or any combination of these. Perhaps the differences in the sketches could be attributed to someone who may have seen him with the disguise and someone who saw him without the disguise.

If someone is going to disguise themselves with clothing, oversized and/or layers, it stands to reason in my mind that he would likely use some form of disguise for his face and/or head as well.
JMO

Last edited:
How does one get a composite from someone with so many clothes on and whats up with his head gear? Is it a hat , hair, helmut...what? How can someone think that sketch is the BG and if that is how he looked when he is seen--well for all we know it could be a woman. All I suspect is someone seeing someone dressed to kill, cause they sure seem covered creepy!

I see a hat at the beginning of the video and hair (longer like beiber) at the end. Maybe he had hat hair. It’s so hard to tell because of the quality of the video.

The only thing I would add is they must include the surrounding areas, rural areas and places like Kokomo, West Lafayette, Lebanon and such. Big methamphetamine problem in that area involving locals from Delphi and those from surrounding communities that seem to cross paths. JMO
@susiQ earlier on when I first joined this thread someone was talking about the Meth problems out here. I was perplexed and actually thought...how dare they say that, that simply isn’t so...

So I did some digging and in fact found their are pockets in this area with this problem...I was wrong!

So this takes me to the point that I’ve heard a few times that..it’s a small town and everyone knows everyone...not only is that untrue but not everyone knows all of the strange nefarious things that go one in their communities. This definitely includes me. Guess I’m to busy with work and my own small world.

I live just on the outskirts of my town where everyone has acreage. I only know the neighbors across the street and those on each side. Those that live within about 1/4 of a mile from my house I know only by their vehicles and a wave when they drive by.

Actually, when I very first saw the photo, two years ago, my first thought was one of those hunting hat with flaps, too. I still see that. I can make myself see a baseball hat and the hoodie hood down, but that's about it. Too grainy to say for sure.

Agree--I can see any of those as well--hood, baseball hat (backwards I would say) or the flapped hat. The flapped hat I see the easiest. I wonder where the first hat in the first sketch came from because I do no see that whatsoever...

Jmo.

Right. That's the question we've all had, especially since the last PC. Clearly, of the people who were on the trail that day, of the one's who came forward, of the ones who might have seen him, none of them recognized him.

LE has said that the vehicle they were asking about at the PC was important because it led them to think he was local, and got around quickly. I don't have a link, so I'm paraphrasing, but that's something.

They must have that info now as they are no longer asking about the vehicle.

The first sketch, to which a witness(es) contributed, has been discounted. The person in the second sketch, to my knowledge, was not seen on the trails. So, there's no way to know if he had anything to do with the murders. It could be a person who had a good reason to be in the area but, because the sketch is not detailed enough (or accurate enough), doesn't even realize he is the one depicted in the sketch.

They have said the first sketch is not BG. I don't think he has been discounted as such - he was seen on the trails by several witnesses who contributed. The new sketch guy was also seen by witnesses and is BG. He must have been seen on the trails, as only Libby caught him on camera on the bridge.

Well yes we could indeed have a Bridge Gal not a Bridge Guy. That new sketch is quite gender fluid.

I think Carter wanted to emphasize that BG has ties to Delphi, not that he is necessarily from Delphi or a current or longtime resident. Carter said something to the effect that the murder might live in Delphi, or have previously lived in Delphi, or work in Delphi, or visit often. With whatever LE knows about the crime scene flow, and their opinion that BG 'got around quickly' (whatever that means), they believe that only a person who is very familiar with the trails and surrounding area would be able to commit this crime. LE also believes that he is 'hiding in plain sight' which means he is blending in to the community.
He could be in the room he said - so he has to be local. Why would Carter say that if perp wasn't from Delphi? That would be a stupid thing to say.

He could be in the room he said - so he has to be local. Why would Carter say that if perp wasn't from Delphi? That would be a stupid thing to say.
If theyre so factually certain the perp is from Delphi, then they must know who the perp actually is imo?

What possible evidence could there be for saying we know hes from Delphi but dont actually know who it is?

It makes no sense imo

DC made a number of statements about what they "believe" or "think" about the killer. I imagine he was making statements that had a good chance of being true, based on percentages, hoping that if he was right on a couple of them, it might make the killer nervous. Then, if the killer became nervous, someone near him might notice and report their suspicions to LE. That's my take.
See my reply above.

If theyre so factually certain the perp is from Delphi, then they must know who the perp actually is imo?

What possible evidence could there be for saying we know hes from Delphi but dont actually know who it is?

It makes no sense imo

Well I cannot answer how they know that. Maybe mitochondrial DNA has narrowed it to a particular female line? But no further than that.

LE has not put an appeal out recently, no. Probably because they have no reason to do so as it was done virtually immediately during PCs seeking information iirc.

I also recall a comment made a while ago, that LE know everything about what occurred....it’s the identity of the suspect they lack. That also follows the request that people not send in investigative tips, they’re only interested in information pertaining directly to a possible suspect.
Yes they know what occurred from the tape and the forensics and autopsy obviously and, yes, they need someone to tell them BG's identity. (I.e whodunnit )

They have said the first sketch is not BG. I don't think he has been discounted as such - he was seen on the trails by several witnesses who contributed. The new sketch guy was also seen by witnesses and is BG. He must have been seen on the trails, as only Libby caught him on camera on the bridge.
LE thought the first sketch was BG, but it was not. So, I'm not persuaded the second sketch is BG, just because they now say they think it is. What still interests me is that LE had this "new" sketch since shortly after the murders. I don't subscribe to a convoluted theory that someone intentionally deceived LE into rejecting the sketch for 2+ years. It was the only sketch they had for the first 5 months, yet they apparently didn't find it credible. I don't know why, but it could be because, maybe, the witness didn't place the person on the trails. The witness simply saw something that the witness thought should be reported. That doesn't sound too convincing to me.

Delphi murders: Investigators have had newly released suspect sketch for 2 years

But once LE cleared(?) the person depicted in the first sketch, with 2 years having gone by and new tips becoming rare, LE had to do something bold to generate interest and make something happen. Thus, the PC and the new strategy. The car (as if someone would remember after 2+ years) and the second sketch (despite LE having not considered it helpful before) were flung out there. Like throwing darts at a dartboard while blindfolded, hoping to get lucky. I'm not convinced that LE is convinced that either the car or sketch is going to matter. No one's talking about the car, and DC has hedged his bets about the accuracy of the new sketch. Sorry to say, I think LE has reached a dead end.

I can’t believe we’re on thread #107.

Remember how we couldn’t believe LG had an actual photo of BG?

Remember how we all thought this case would get solved quickly? :(

#justiceindelphi

I sure do remember that. When the local news shows a clip of a robber, it’s pretty quick on finding someone with identification. Clearly surveillance cameras capture better image quality than a cell phone held (not sure how many feet away, but too many). Can’t believe we are still here two years and some months still wondering.

I am so confused by the two sketches. In the April presser, Carter said the first released sketch of the middle aged male with a newsboy cap was to be viewed as secondary to the new sketch. Later, I think it was written up in one of the follow up clarification videos/articles by one of the tv news stations, it was clarified to discard the first sketch and the second sketch of the younger looking guy is the one to focus and outright is BG (!)

The last clarification from Carter is BG might look somewhere between both the first released sketch and the second released sketch. It’s so confusing, I even hear experienced podcasters missing the beat along the timeline of the sketches.

Not sure any of that really matters, unless the sketches matter.

Also, it’s important to note, the younger looking sketch was conducted very shortly after the crime, and wasn’t something new that popped up (I know most of you here know that, but it it’s interesting to listen to podcasts where that doesn’t seem to be fully understood). The young guy sketch was not thought two years ago to be worth the time to share publicly, but is now.

That has to figure in the change of direction.

A few things on the thread have stood out for me this week, things that members have either convinced me of or have thought afresh. (I do find that even with many different , and often opposing, ideas, all the posters on this thread are fabulous.)

1. With a lower age range for the Perp, the groups of 'kids'/ young adults that KG and others attest to being on or around the trail ( at least on dropoff) come into valid consideration. Moo

2. The witness who we believe is the source of ' seeing something that they felt needed reporting' and thus the YSG, may infact have 'seen something .......' away from the trails. Maybe in Delphi. Or on the roads. Or in another Town even etc.... moo

3. There may well be an 'underbelly' of local society, away from the good burghers of Carrol County, that are outside of the usual eyes. Maybe still a notable local, but notable in an infamous ,rather than famous ,way? Moo

4. BG may have been 1 of 2. Moo

5. BG may have dressed deliberately like someone known to frequent the trails/woodland area. (Not RL) .Moo

Ty for humouring me.

Oh, ps...I dont like the storage warehouse theories! ( Runs away really quickly and hides behind a hatstand)..... definite big moomoo

A few things on the thread have stood out for me this week, things that members have either convinced me of or have thought afresh. (I do find that even with many different , and often opposing, ideas, all the posters on this thread are fabulous.)

1. With a lower age range for the Perp, the groups of 'kids'/ young adults that KG and others attest to being on or around the trail ( at least on dropoff) come into valid consideration. Moo

2. The witness who we believe is the source of ' seeing something that they felt needed reporting' and thus the YSG, may infact have 'seen something .......' away from the trails. Maybe in Delphi. Or on the roads. Or in another Town even etc.... moo

3. There may well be an 'underbelly' of local society, away from the good burghers of Carrol County, that are outside of the usual eyes. Maybe still a notable local, but notable in an infamous ,rather than famous ,way? Moo

4. BG may have been 1 of 2. Moo

5. BG may have dressed deliberately like someone known to frequent the trails/woodland area. (Not RL) .Moo

Ty for humouring me.

Oh, ps...I dont like the storage warehouse theories! ( Runs away really quickly and hides behind a hatstand)..... definite big moomoo

Yes, any of these points you make more sense to me now than two years ago when I imagined a random sicko middle aged guy waiting around the trails for a victim type that suited a fantasy to show up. It still could be that, to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413