Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #111

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and if that is the case then there should be little trampling of the crime scene in my opinion. They notified law enforcement and secured the scene at that point. Unless someone else heard something different.
The general area is what Carter was referring to I believe, (trails and bridge) not the actual crime scene where the girls were discovered.

I think it was Kim Riley, was it not? (Who used this term). Or do they all use it now?

Usually if there is the twist in the novel plot, I would interpret it in a straightforward way, that the murderer is also a victim, or the detective's client is a liar and involved, something like it. But the way the IN LE speak, it is hard to tell what they mean.
Tobe Leazenby first used it in an interview with Michael Stroup, IIRC.

But the perp could check the PC later. It is big news in Delphi. Do you imply that they expect him to come to the PC? Has he attended al PCs?

I'd expect him to avoid them.

Also - if they have an idea who he is, they don't need to adjust their schedule to accommodate his. If they hope they know, and think he does not work on Mondays, then they may hope he'll stop by.

Only I don't believe that he does it (attends PCs or taunts them). He is probably anxious and checks all their pressers, follows Twitter, whatever, but I don't think he comes to the PCs. He is really very scared, and - MOO only - he is scared that one day, LE would point at him and say, "here's the man", and he'd be torn into pieces by the crowd. So he avoids the PCs and avoids the PD and probably is in self-imposed solitude. MOO again.

I personally think that he is a very weak person who does not have own personality and like the moon, shines with reflected light. I do have the feeling that he, at least superficially, is a believer, and understands the gravity of the sin. He is not Chris Watts who needed to spend some time in jail to even get "the gravity of what he has done". This one understands, but what prevents him from confiding is the fear of the prison (he is not a social person so predictably, he is very much afraid) and... well, he still enjoys life; maybe he also wants to protect his beloved ones.

But I do think that if he were not so scared, he'd already confide. And I am repeating myself - I would recommend not "the Shack", but Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment", and "The Resurrection" by Tolstoy. Criminals can also grow morally and change, and with this change comes the hope of forgiveness. But they can't absolve own sins.

JP, who admitted own fault, to spare JC to go through the trial, ultimately, did a much more courageous thing than Scott P or Chris W. He is a criminal - but he confessed. I feel sorry for him because I read of the incessant bullying he underwent in school, and I think his crime is related to bullying.

I am getting off on a tangent.
Yes I think LE actually said "he may be in this room" - did they mean it? I think they did. Was he there? Time will tell.

Re all murderers (but especially like Peterson, Watts and Patterson) I have zero compassion because they have none. They didn't have to kill for their selfish reasons. Same as this killer. But he will be caught, he will make a mistake, may already have done so.

I just want to reiterate that in Jessica Ridgeway’s case, the perp left a cross with her body. The police released the image of the cross and it was recognized.

I just wonder if there’s something like that here going on. I would think, though, that if there was any item left behind which someone would recognize, LE would release the photo.

Didn't DC say in an interview (I think it was an earlier one) that they had a thing from the perp, something belonging to him? I clearly remember LE saying it. And then we never heard again about it.

Didn't DC say in an interview (I think it was an earlier one) that they had a thing from the perp, something belonging to him? I clearly remember LE saying it. And then we never heard again about it.

See this (see video):
In this Fox 59 clip from March 2017, Alexis McAdams talks about hearing from Carter about, 'They have recovered a very important piece of evidence from the crime scene that was linked to the killer'.

I have added the facebook link as well, which is worded slightly different.

Alexis McAdams - QUESTIONS: People had a lot of questions...

Here is the article that goes with it. It is missing the direct quote from Carter, but I have bolded some of the references to evidence.

FBI putting together profile of suspect accused of killing Delphi teens

It is snipped to comply with 10% rule.

"All that information provides police with clues as to what kind of things they should be looking for as they serve search warrants. That, paired with evidence found at the crime scene, could help solve the puzzle.

Indiana State Police superintendent Doug Carter says they have several pieces and parts but they are looking for the one piece of evidence that will crack the case.

“I know that we have the human element – we have a very solid science element,” he said. "

Edited to add in facebook link which has slightly different wording.

ETA: it was stated in previous discussions that some here believe this reference by AM/DC was referring to the audio and the video, but this statement was made after the release of “Down the hill”.

Last edited:
Yes I think LE actually said "he may be in this room" - did they mean it? I think they did. Was he there? Time will tell.

Re all murderers (but especially like Peterson, Watts and Patterson) I have zero compassion because they have none. They didn't have to kill for their selfish reasons. Same as this killer. But he will be caught, he will make a mistake, may already have done so.
What I don't understand is if they have the sketches and the vid ..and that's BG.. wouldn't they know he wasn't in there? lol

What I don't understand is if they have the sketches and the vid ..and that's BG.. wouldn't they know he wasn't in there? lol
It gets a little tricky thinking about it doesn't it. I've thought the same. How bold he'd have to be and then surprised by the new sketch which may look much more like him. The new word spoken by him. It sent chills up my spine when ISP Carter said that and I was glued to where he was looking from then on.

Tobe Leazenby first used it in an interview with Michael Stroup, IIRC.
And, iirc, he also said he hadn't come across something like that in 31 years of policing, or something to that effect. Personally, I don't believe he was referring to Libby catching the video and audio on her phone. By the time he did the interview with Stroup, everyone had seen the video/audio so why mention it as "a twist?" JMO
ed:sp

I was always with the camp of releasing more information until recently.

I listen to something on the radio about incarcerated criminals using information they find out through the news and through sites like this to try to gain more favorable conditions in prison or to barter for less a harsh sentence. this can tie up resources that would otherwise be used to further the case.

I do wish we had more information, but have a greater understanding of another reason to keep info close to the chest.

Hair/beauty salons are another possibility. Many are closed on Mondays.

The whole school was closed. It means, kids and their parents were at home. Also, maybe older brothers and sisters who were observing them and could slip out for a couple of hours, especially if the younger kid had a nap.

BTW, was it a holiday for daycares, too? Or not?

But I'd assume that it could be anyone having own business or working night shift.

They're never going to solve this case. This killer is a free man, if he is not already alive.
Oh @SilentRogue. Don't be a Negative Nancy :) Never is a very strong word. I agree 2 1/2 years later it doesn't look promising, but Carter said in April, they "are just NOW beginning." And THAT gives some hope that "what they were onto early on," may yet pan out. Keep the faith!

Re. the twist....

I wonder if this question has ever been asked.

Libby’s phone that was malfunctioning to the degree that she had to do factory reset - did anyone try to log into it? The person who sold her the cellphone? Or did someone advise her to do factory reset, with the ulterior motive to erase all traces of communication? Some photos, perhaps? This malfunction happened so conveniently. Or maybe Abby was having an online crush, she did not have the cellphone, could be using Libby’s one.

Taking BP’s phone. Again, maybe coincidence, or maybe the girls wanted to get rid of some tracking app, such as 360?

Were they set up by BG? I know adults who think they are in a real online relationship, only to be duped into sending money to some online scammer. Teenagers can be deceived easier.

So they went via the bridge until they realized that there was “nowhere to go”, i.e., no one was waiting for them. And then BG emerged.

If he is a loner, a young adult, for him to have an online relationship with a 13-14-year-old teenager would be exactly his emotional level. And then, maybe, the girls guessed that he was not the photo on the screen, but much older, and threatened him? Or started own sleuthing?

Oh @SilentRogue. Don't be a Negative Nancy :) Never is a very strong word. I agree 2 1/2 years later it doesn't look promising, but Carter said in April, they "are just NOW beginning." And THAT gives some hope that "what they were onto early on," may yet pan out. Keep the faith!

Just now beginning.

Re-interview, Re-interview
Witness grow consciences
Loyalties change
People pass
Full CS scene evidence review
There is a piece of physical evidence
Rethink how to connects to the suspect.
Possible overlooked DNA, look for again
Redo Database searches - Ged.com
Timeline review
A younger suspect means a new timeline