Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #111

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he mentioned The Shack because he literally did just watch the movie and it resonated with this case for him regarding the afterlife and how Abby and Libby are no longer in the state they were left here on Earth.

I really don’t think LE would talk about The Shack to taunt the perp in public. I don’t think they know exactly who the perp is and are giving little messages to him through a PC. If they know the perp, take him in for questioning! Grill him, connect evidence, do something. But hold a PC and tease him with hidden knowledge between him and LE? I don’t think so. Moo

Sometimes I think you are right and the person with whom they could even slightly use the religious angle is just one of many POIs. Sometimes I think, OK if someone 88% knows, then the person in question knows 100% he is a POI.

You know, if I were on the list of POIs, and did not commit a crime, i’d yell about it from all rooftops. It is a horrible thing if you are accused and you know they are wrong.

But if you go one with your life hoping their suspicions would dissipate, it is strange.

So, one wonders if the perp saw this movie (The Shack) and was convinced he'd be forgiven no matter what he did. And, that included murder.

I think he was just scared. Maybe it was really a psychotic episode.

The conclusion that he’d be forgiven is just the pretext not to confess. I think deep inside he doubts everything, and I am not at all sure that he is religious. History is full of religious people who would do everything, go to jail, to Gulag, oppose the Nazis, be tortured, die for their faith - but their faith includes moral integrity. This person is someone very different.

ETA. Someone is afraid of US prison... Really religious people were unafraid of Nazi Auschwitz.

Kolbe, The Saint from Auschwitz

Agree entirely, Carter was betrayed .... MOO, and all that.

I’ve thought forever it could be someone in a leadership position, be it religious, education, governmental. Carter seemed like a shattered spirit at the April 22, 2019 PC. The first PCs on this case were weighty in an entirely different way, the weight of shock, horror, and grief. Affected, but not so personal as this last PC.
The thing about the last PC is that it was scheduled days in advance, which gave Carter time to put his emotions in check. It's possible his reactions were part of a scripted performance based on profiling, but if his reactions were real, and in the moment, than I'd guess it had more to do with what was said during the meeting with the families just prior to the PC. JMO

The thing about the last PC is that it was scheduled days in advance, which gave Carter time to put his emotions in check. It's possible his reactions were part of a scripted performance based on profiling, but if his reactions were real, and in the moment, than I'd guess it had more to do with what was said during the meeting with the families just prior to the PC. JMO
there's that and there's also that he saw someone in the moment.

there's that and there's also that he saw someone in the moment.
It's possible. In my mind, I have to think these guys have seen a lot, and dealt with a lot of perps. I don't think they'd get thrown. And I don't think he'd so obviously let on if he did suddenly see the suspect in the room. Honestly, that could be dangerous to the attending public, IMO. I'm just speculating...

IMO Carter was appealing to someone with an educated intellect. Using innuendo and suggesting a book/movie as he did, leads me to believe the person is educated beyond high school. Carter asked what the people around him will think when his identity is revealed [not Carter's exact words but that was his general question]. I would take that to mean that the person that LE suspects likely isn't a derelict or a frequent flyer in and out of the prison system or half way houses. Instead I am thinking the person likely has a good job, is in a position of authority/respect within the community and is a wolf in sheep's clothing. A true snake slithering around unsuspected and professing to be concerned, worried, horrified by the murders all the while knowing he is duping everyone and he thinks he got away with it. Carter looked to me to be angry, almost incensed that LE had been "played" by this killer. I think when the identity of BG is revealed, the community will be sickened by how close this guy actually was to the situation.
bbm
Repeating:
"I think when the identity of BG is revealed, the community will be sickened by how close this guy actually was to the situation." ...... Maybe to Carter himself (NOT in a related way).

I always thought that Carter was especially emotional at the presser because they had shown the families the new bg sketch prior to the presser and the new sketch looks like a lot of young men, including a family member who was already the subject of rumours around the murders (recently debunked by KG). Also the fact that they had been distributing the wrong picture for so long and potentially lost some traction due to that. The reaction of the family had an impact on Carter, who is an emotional guy anyway, and he spoke about the families a lot in the presser, I think he was feeling so bad for them.

ETA snap tl4s
MOO

Last edited:
I always thought that Carter was especially emotional at the presser because they had shown the families the new bg sketch prior to the presser and the new sketch looks like a lot of young men, including a family member who was already the subject of rumours around the murders (recently debunked by KG). Also the fact that they had been distributing the wrong picture for so long and potentially lost some traction due to that. The reaction of the family had an impact on Carter, who is an emotional guy anyway, and he spoke about the families a lot in the presser, I think he was feeling so bad for them.

ETA snap tl4s
MOO
I agree, I think the emotions and the speak of eternity and such could have all been for the families sake.

I def don't believe a professional like Carter would bring up The Shack on a whim or because he just threw the reference in. That PC was carefully scripted by a group in the know, IMO. I think every word of it was carefully chosen.

The comments" "may even be in this room", "may have interviewed you..." and "lives or lived in Delphi area" now resonates to me that they have familial DNA (I know I am a little slow sometime). The question is can they link that DNA directly to the crime? The DNA may link to a family that has been in the area along time so lots of possibilities. I am sure the girl's families were devastated hearing this. I also think they did not tell the families which family was involved. They wanted everyone to leave the girls family alone for an extended time. The poor families don't know who to trust around them. I can't even imagine. I think Carter was pissed because LE has interviewed member's in this family. He doesn't know who is covering for who if any.

Sometimes I think you are right and the person with whom they could even slightly use the religious angle is just one of many POIs. Sometimes I think, OK if someone 88% knows, then the person in question knows 100% he is a POI.

You know, if I were on the list of POIs, and did not commit a crime, i’d yell about it from all rooftops. It is a horrible thing if you are accused and you know they are wrong.

But if you go one with your life hoping their suspicions would dissipate, it is strange.

But is a kind of bind for a lowlife,
"I am innocent, I am only a druggie, drug dealing, child molester"

It's possible. In my mind, I have to think these guys have seen a lot, and dealt with a lot of perps. I don't think they'd get thrown. And I don't think he'd so obviously let on if he did suddenly see the suspect in the room. Honestly, that could be dangerous to the attending public, IMO. I'm just speculating...
I think he saw the perps father at the presser.

I thought so too for a while. But when trying to think beyond clergy or familial alibis I had a thought that what if BG has something to hold over the head of someone in law enforcement? For example, I just recently heard a rumour about a police officer in my home town heavily involved in the distribution of cocaine and heroin.

Could BG's alibi be provided by, say, a probation officer or similar authority figure? Because I just can't see how a family member would be trusted to provide an airtight alibi above all other eividence.
Maybe BG's alibi was a now discredited LEO.

The comments" "may even be in this room", "may have interviewed you..." and "lives or lived in Delphi area" now resonates to me that they have familial DNA (I know I am a little slow sometime). The question is can they link that DNA directly to the crime? The DNA may link to a family that has been in the area along time so lots of possibilities. I am sure the girl's families were devastated hearing this. I also think they did not tell the families which family was involved. They wanted everyone to leave the girls family alone for an extended time. The poor families don't know who to trust around them. I can't even imagine. I think Carter was pissed because LE has interviewed member's in this family. He doesn't know who is covering for who if any.

This is very likely. That there is a DNA indicator. I always thought it was mitochondrial DNA because it is most abundant. But what about Y-DNA? That would not discriminate between a father and a son. What if they have partial, and a Y?

What about reinteviewing? What about a polygraph? One of them will break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member