Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #111

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The many posts relating to 'The Shack'

Not sure if/how relevant but KG and Renner discuss it in the Diner together in one of the 2018 Renner episodes.

Summarily Paraphrasing, I think KG is asked what would she like to happen to the perp, she then asks if JR is aware of the Film. Short discussion ensues.

Will have to check for exact context.

@2m 40sec

Eta link and timestamp

Last edited:
Do you think perp’s father knew, or did not know, that son would be BG?

I just wonder why he would be there unless he knew or at least suspected/provided alibi. Of course the perp may have lied as to the reason he needed an alibi. He could have said he was having an affair and couldn't use his real alibi, a parent would be inclined to believe a son. The perp is probably a well practised liar already.

This is very likely. That there is a DNA indicator. I always thought it was mitochondrial DNA because it is most abundant. But what about Y-DNA? That would not discriminate between a father and a son. What if they have partial, and a Y?

What about reinteviewing? What about a polygraph? One of them will break.

I think this may well be the problem with the DNA. Or a relative of the perp was friends with one of the girls so innocent touch DNA was present.

MOO

I just wonder why he would be there unless he knew or at least suspected/provided alibi. Of course the perp may have lied as to the reason he needed an alibi. He could have said he was having an affair and couldn't use his real alibi, a parent would be inclined to believe a son. The perp is probably a well practised liar already.

Maybe he chased the BG, feeling that something bad could happen? Hence the two descriptions by two witnesses?

The comments" "may even be in this room", "may have interviewed you..." and "lives or lived in Delphi area" now resonates to me that they have familial DNA
“.... you murdered two little girls.” (pause) “Two Children!”...(pause for effect)
That moment stood out to me, immediately, as I watched the April 22, 2019 pc. I could be wrong, but it sounded like a purposeful statement to a particular person who should understand what it’s like to have two children of their own, or to be closely connected to 2 children in a rightfully loving way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am coming back to my thoughts about the dichotomy of the general vibe I get from the video; that BG is a weirdo. Some oddity of the gait that I now ascribe to the stuff in his pants. And yet, his fast walk and some grace navigating the bridge. Such people are usually clumsy, he is not. Why?

Sleuthing, accusing and discussing an individual on the public discussion thread, when that individual has not been officially named a POI/suspect, is against Websleuths TOS.

Such posts have been removed.

Also, do not bring any information from the scanner thread to this discussion. NONE !

Last edited:
“.... you murdered two little girls.” (pause) “Two Children!”...(pause for effect)
That moment stood out to me, immediately, as I watched the April 22, 2019 pc. I could be wrong, but it sounded like a purposeful statement to a particular person who should understand what it’s like to have two children of their own, or to be closely connected to 2 children in a rightfully loving way.

It was purposeful, but I think it was done for a different reason.

That press conference was a master class in rattling a killer, and likely an attempt to goad him into making a mistake.

An angry and agitated murderer, is also one who is easier to spot.

That language also spoke to witnesses, perhaps ones who had previously been reluctant to come forward.

“You are allowing this murderer to walk free, and you need to do the right thing. Look at what he did.”

I am coming back to my thoughts about the dichotomy of the general vibe I get from the video; that BG is a weirdo. Some oddity of the gait that I now ascribe to the stuff in his pants. And yet, his fast walk and some grace navigating the bridge. Such people are usually clumsy, he is not. Why?
Under his disguise as an average "daddy" in his forties BG seems to be a rather sporty man in his (ending) twenties.
If we would know his shoes, we would know more to his sport, I'm sure. Sorry, I have to repeat it every now and then. The white thing, we would recognize perhaps, if we knew the shoes. Then it would finally be clear, what perp we have just in front of us in plain sight .... IMO and MOO

Under his disguise as an average "daddy" in his forties BG seems to be a rather sporty man in his (ending) twenties.
If we would know his shoes, we would know more to his sport, I'm sure. Sorry, I have to repeat it every now and then. The white thing, we would recognize perhaps, if we knew the shoes. Then it would finally be clear, what perp we have just in front of us in plain sight .... IMO and MOO

I agree, ending 20es or early 30es.

I for one don't think this is his first kill. He came prepared and knew how to handle two victims. You run the risk that one will run and get away, but he didn't. He planned this out very well, he had to have known they would have a cell phone. All kids do these days. I wonder if going to that area was a last minute thing, or they made plans the day before, maybe mentioning it to someone. It is possible that he waited for someone, anyone to come alone and then murder them, it happens. I don't think he was living there, maybe close, maybe visiting, but he isn't there now. He will do this again, so I hope they get a solid lead soon.

The thing about the last PC is that it was scheduled days in advance, which gave Carter time to put his emotions in check. It's possible his reactions were part of a scripted performance based on profiling, but if his reactions were real, and in the moment, than I'd guess it had more to do with what was said during the meeting with the families just prior to the PC. JMO
As Carter seems to be an emotional sensitive person, I am really surprised that he informed the family of the new information at the Press Conference albeit before it actually started. It seems a bit insensitive to me and something that should have been done in the privacy of their own homes or at a Police Station. The family are really on public display and it was unfair to put them under this pressure.

As Carter seems to be an emotional sensitive person, I am really surprised that he informed the family of the new information at the Press Conference albeit before it actually started. It seems a bit insensitive to me and something that should have been done in the privacy of their own homes or at a Police Station. The family are really on public display and it was unfair to put them under this pressure.

I think that is a really good observation. There is the fact it could have been done that way so as the content of the PC was not leaked or spoken about by accident prior to the PC.
MingyMoo

I def don't believe a professional like Carter would bring up The Shack on a whim or because he just threw the reference in. That PC was carefully scripted by a group in the know, IMO. I think every word of it was carefully chosen.

Jim Clemente, former FBI profiler, said the same thing on his podcast.

Jim - I know the press conference was scripted by the behavioral analysis unit. Everything was scripted. The lead up to it, the press in advance, they want the killer to know they are coming for him. They now have a laser focus on him. Because that is going to let others around him know that his behavior is changing. Every since he heard the press conference his behavior has changed. He will do things that will put a spotlight on him. He cant hide.

Last edited:
I have been following this case since day one. Many threads back (in the 50/60's) I posted my eerie feelings about my son's best friends Father. I clearly remember two days after the girls were found, laying in bed sick my son asks if I could drop him off to school because his friends dad couldn't because he wasn't back from outta town from a work conference. (Indiana)His parents an I would switch on an off every couple months taking the boys. At this time they are 10th graders. When Carter released the video my heart skipped a beat an I showed my husband. I said who does this look like to you? He said a typical 40's man walking a bridge. The next few months pass I noticed said Dad walking to get in his car. I couldn't take my eyes off of him he had on the same blue pullover windbreaker style coat, Dad jeans, he does have a small gait when he walks.
I know the family fairly well, our sons been friends many years. I'll call him KC.
He is a odd ball. 42 years old. Has no friends, in June of 2017 the wife invited us over one evening for a bonfire. KC sat in front of the fire an hardly spoke. My husband an I felt like we had to keep talking or you'd hear crickets! We roasted marshmallows. After about hour he abruptly excuses himself an goes inside. 40 mins later we are getting ready to leave an his younger son comes outside an says " Mom! Dad didn't have no bellyache! He took the laptop an hid in the bathroom!" Strange an rude. That night I asked my son what does KC do exactly for work? He explained hes some type of 'IT' guy that works on computers. Months would go by an my suspicions grew. My husband would say all the time how crazy of me to even think he could be responsible.
I said he's weird, he looks just like the man on the bridge, he has red hair, gait.
Here's a little eye opener recently back in July my family an I were on vacation. I was thinking of this case an than my neighbor.
I asked my son I know your buddy's Mom grew up here near us (Michigan) what about KC? He says, He grew up in Indiana. I almost my pants! When his buddy returned to the table I asked "Your Dad grew up in Indiana?! What made him come to Michigan? " He met my Mom on a Chat line in 99'. He's from Carroll, county. Maybe just coincidence but, I just cannot shake this. The only reason I haven't till this day called in a tip is because he was in the air force an also part of me feels like he possibly could not kill two girls. I believe the air force would have DNA on file. Secondly an lastly, he wears eye glasses. His son says he's only met his grandparents 3xs in his life. Weird. Just recently KC went back to see his Dad for a few days because he found out he had cancer. Hoping an praying this case gets solved very soon. Prayers an love to the families. ❤

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomgetty