Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #111

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following this case since day one. Many threads back (in the 50/60's) I posted my eerie feelings about my son's best friends Father. I clearly remember two days after the girls were found, laying in bed sick my son asks if I could drop him off to school because his friends dad couldn't because he wasn't back from outta town from a work conference. (Indiana)His parents an I would switch on an off every couple months taking the boys. At this time they are 10th graders. When Carter released the video my heart skipped a beat an I showed my husband. I said who does this look like to you? He said a typical 40's man walking a bridge. The next few months pass I noticed said Dad walking to get in his car. I couldn't take my eyes off of him he had on the same blue pullover windbreaker style coat, Dad jeans, he does have a small gait when he walks.
I know the family fairly well, our sons been friends many years. I'll call him KC.
He is a odd ball. 42 years old. Has no friends, in June of 2017 the wife invited us over one evening for a bonfire. KC sat in front of the fire an hardly spoke. My husband an I felt like we had to keep talking or you'd hear crickets! We roasted marshmallows. After about hour he abruptly excuses himself an goes inside. 40 mins later we are getting ready to leave an his younger son comes outside an says " Mom! Dad didn't have no bellyache! He took the laptop an hid in the bathroom!" Strange an rude. That night I asked my son what does KC do exactly for work? He explained hes some type of 'IT' guy that works on computers. Months would go by an my suspicions grew. My husband would say all the time how crazy of me to even think he could be responsible.
I said he's weird, he looks just like the man on the bridge, he has red hair, gait.
Here's a little eye opener recently back in July my family an I were on vacation. I was thinking of this case an than my neighbor.
I asked my son I know your buddy's Mom grew up here near us (Michigan) what about KC? He says, He grew up in Indiana. I almost my pants! When his buddy returned to the table I asked "Your Dad grew up in Indiana?! What made him come to Michigan? " He met my Mom on a Chat line in 99'. He's from Carroll, county. Maybe just coincidence but, I just cannot shake this. The only reason I haven't till this day called in a tip is because he was in the air force an also part of me feels like he possibly could not kill two girls. I believe the air force would have DNA on file. Secondly an lastly, he wears eye glasses. His son says he's only met his grandparents 3xs in his life. Weird. Just recently KC went back to see his Dad for a few days because he found out he had cancer. Hoping an praying this case gets solved very soon. Prayers an love to the families. ❤

Well, ya never know. I'd call it in just in case. I don't think being the in Air Force automatically means DNA is taken, especially when he would have served.

I have been following this case since day one. Many threads back (in the 50/60's) I posted my eerie feelings about my son's best friends Father. I clearly remember two days after the girls were found, laying in bed sick my son asks if I could drop him off to school because his friends dad couldn't because he wasn't back from outta town from a work conference. (Indiana)His parents an I would switch on an off every couple months taking the boys. At this time they are 10th graders. When Carter released the video my heart skipped a beat an I showed my husband. I said who does this look like to you? He said a typical 40's man walking a bridge. The next few months pass I noticed said Dad walking to get in his car. I couldn't take my eyes off of him he had on the same blue pullover windbreaker style coat, Dad jeans, he does have a small gait when he walks.
I know the family fairly well, our sons been friends many years. I'll call him KC.
He is a odd ball. 42 years old. Has no friends, in June of 2017 the wife invited us over one evening for a bonfire. KC sat in front of the fire an hardly spoke. My husband an I felt like we had to keep talking or you'd hear crickets! We roasted marshmallows. After about hour he abruptly excuses himself an goes inside. 40 mins later we are getting ready to leave an his younger son comes outside an says " Mom! Dad didn't have no bellyache! He took the laptop an hid in the bathroom!" Strange an rude. That night I asked my son what does KC do exactly for work? He explained hes some type of 'IT' guy that works on computers. Months would go by an my suspicions grew. My husband would say all the time how crazy of me to even think he could be responsible.
I said he's weird, he looks just like the man on the bridge, he has red hair, gait.
Here's a little eye opener recently back in July my family an I were on vacation. I was thinking of this case an than my neighbor.
I asked my son I know your buddy's Mom grew up here near us (Michigan) what about KC? He says, He grew up in Indiana. I almost my pants! When his buddy returned to the table I asked "Your Dad grew up in Indiana?! What made him come to Michigan? " He met my Mom on a Chat line in 99'. He's from Carroll, county. Maybe just coincidence but, I just cannot shake this. The only reason I haven't till this day called in a tip is because he was in the air force an also part of me feels like he possibly could not kill two girls. I believe the air force would have DNA on file. Secondly an lastly, he wears eye glasses. His son says he's only met his grandparents 3xs in his life. Weird. Just recently KC went back to see his Dad for a few days because he found out he had cancer. Hoping an praying this case gets solved very soon. Prayers an love to the families. ❤

I would call it in.

Jim Clemente, former FBI profiler, said the same thing on his podcast.

Jim - I know the press conference was scripted by the behavioral analysis unit. Everything was scripted. The lead up to it, the press in advance, they want the killer to know they are coming for him. They now have a laser focus on him. Because that is going to let others around him know that his behavior is changing. Every since he heard the press conference his behavior has changed. He will do things that will put a spotlight on him. He cant hide.
The business of profiling concerns me a bit. Do we have any reliable statistics on how often profilers get it right? In this case someone got it very wrong in the first two years, and here we are, 4.5 months post PC and we're still waiting.....

Granted as I've said before, building a solid case that leads to a conviction takes time. The problem for us is, we have NO idea if they have a particular suspect in mind. As the weeks pass, I'm "collecting" new POI's, some higher on the list than others, but all of which had motive of some kind. Unfortunately, most of them don't fit that PC at all. A couple may have been in jail, but by all accounts MyCase cannot be relied upon for accurate release dates, I have learned. LE have not ruled out more than one person although the PC addresses THE killer. Very confusing. However, I absolutely hope they DO have someone in their sights and watching his/their every move.

I'm in jeopardy of developing a bald spot from scratching my head! :)

Usually, someone that follows a case closely from afar.. .will "try" to connect the dots with some random person.. .and it usually is just coincidence. However, if I were you...I'd definitely call it in or email it in. In fact, unless you are making this whole thing up, you MUST contact the tip line and tell them everything you know. Let law enforcement determine if it has merit or not. Otherwise, you will not be able to live with yourself if it is him.

I've often asked myself if it's possible there's a connection via LE, but in a familial relation. For example, could BG be related to LE? That sure would leave a bitter taste of betrayal in one's mouth. JMO

For me it rings of the Bardstown unsolved murders. It has always been my opinion since I started following that this person is someone important that could take down a lot of people with him. I don't recall the family being vocal about anything at all after the initial investigation. After years and practically nothing being released to the public, I would think the parents would be pushing for something. My opinion of course.

The business of profiling concerns me a bit. Do we have any reliable statistics on how often profilers get it right? In this case someone got it very wrong in the first two years, and here we are, 4.5 months post PC and we're still waiting.....

Granted as I've said before, building a solid case that leads to a conviction takes time. The problem for us is, we have NO idea if they have a particular suspect in mind. As the weeks pass, I'm "collecting" new POI's, some higher on the list than others, but all of which had motive of some kind. Unfortunately, most of them don't fit that PC at all. A couple may have been in jail, but by all accounts MyCase cannot be relied upon for accurate release dates, I have learned. LE have not ruled out more than one person although the PC addresses THE killer. Very confusing. However, I absolutely hope they DO have someone in their sights and watching his/their every move.

I'm in jeopardy of developing a bald spot from scratching my head! :)

Their job is merely to help narrow down the suspect pool, and allow law enforcement to focus on the most probable suspects.

They don’t catch killers.

I've been thinking a lot about this too. Did he actually cross the water? Here's my rather wacky theory and remember I suspect there may have been more than one perp for all of this to go down this fast:

He took the girls "down the hill" at the southend. There was a vehicle waiting on the lane way below. Not hard to subdue two teens with a gun to their head. They immobilize them, duct tape perhaps or zip ties, throw them in the car and head for the cemetery. There's a nice little place there to hide a vehicle very close to RL's property gate. It's been said that it is only two football fields in distance to the crime scene. Remember, killer got around fast. Libby's phone pinging all over town (no matter how one sees the cell tower issue).

Now this is the rest of my theory (not my only one), but I must admit it is at the top of my list. The planning of this murder may have had two purposes. One targeted for revenge on someone close to one of the girls. Two, had a bone to pick with RL as well and derived some pleasure watching what ended up happening to him. There are so many connections down there in Delphi and lots of nefarious goings on. As I said before, in this case, ANYTHING is possible.

There you go. My Thursday afternoon two cents worth :) Don't come down on me too hard.......guys! :p:D
BBM- Well, I'm sure you all know by now (due to my previous postings) but I am obsessed with the cemetery angle.
You are correct that there is a nice little spot at the very back corner of the cemetery that butts up to RL's property. just a few yards from where the girls were found.
I parked there and I could not see the road from that back corner. I then walked up to the road and looked down and could not see my vehicle down there.
I took a lot of pics while I was there. The cemetery has bugged me from the very beginning and after going there, the feeling was even stronger. I may be way off but JMO.

BBM- Well, I'm sure you all know by now (due to my previous postings) but I am obsessed with the cemetery angle.
You are correct that there is a nice little spot at the very back corner of the cemetery that butts up to RL's property. just a few yards from where the girls were found.
I parked there and I could not see the road from that back corner. I then walked up to the road and looked down and could not see my vehicle down there.
I took a lot of pics while I was there. The cemetery has bugged me from the very beginning and after going there, the feeling was even stronger. I may be way off but JMO.
Yes, and where did LE stage their vehicles? - the cemetery. No wonder the scene was compromised - by LE on the cemetery side and searchers on the 13th on the south side. MOO

Usually, someone that follows a case closely from afar.. .will "try" to connect the dots with some random person.. .and it usually is just coincidence. However, if I were you...I'd definitely call it in or email it in. In fact, unless you are making this whole thing up, you MUST contact the tip line and tell them everything you know. Let law enforcement determine if it has merit or not. Otherwise, you will not be able to live with yourself if it is him.
I would call it in, anonymously. The fact that the neighbour didn't seem like he would kill two girls doesn't mean anything one way or another really.

Yes, and where did LE stage their vehicles? - the cemetery. No wonder the scene was compromised - by LE on the cemetery side and searchers on the 13th on the south side. MOO

The thing is, if they put the girls in the car, and then drove them somewhere, there no doubt should have been DNA on the girls. If only from inside the car. Immobilizing, zipping, etc - implies close contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomgetty