Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #111

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say relating to the abandoned/broken down vehicle that was observed at a location near the crime scene on the same day as the bodies were found is: "When two separate events occur simultaneously pertaining to the same object of inquiry we must always pay strict attention." -David Lynch
Refresh my memory. Was there a witness who spotted a broken down vehicle on the day of the murders with a driver in the vehicle? Is there somewhere this has been previously discussed? Thx

LE was looking for a car that may have been abandoned/broken down on Feb 13/14 per the April PC. Never said there was a witness or anyone in it.

Mystery deepens in Delphi girls’ double murder | X101 Always Classic
That is an interesting article. I remember reading it before and liked the analysis. This quote at the end too-

"Walsh thinks Monday’s press conference was an appeal to the community in hopes that more eyewitnesses will come forward.

“People sometimes think their tip may be insignificant so they don’t say anything — but it can often be the key that unlocks the door to justice,” he said. "

LE was looking for a car that may have been abandoned/broken down on Feb 13/14 per the April PC. Never said there was a witness or anyone in it.

Mystery deepens in Delphi girls’ double murder | X101 Always Classic

They are looking for the driver of the car and it was parked, not broken down.

A car is parked. A building is abandoned.

"We’re seeking the public’s help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS/DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi that was abandoned on the east side of County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier Heartland Highway between the hours of noon to five on February 14th, 2017 [Note: It has been updated that the date was misspoken- it should be February 13th, not 14th].

If you were parked there or know who was parked there, please contact the officers at the command post at The Delphi City Building."

They are looking for the driver of the car and it was parked, not broken down.

A car is parked. A building is abandoned.

"We’re seeking the public’s help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS/DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi that was abandoned on the east side of County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier Heartland Highway between the hours of noon to five on February 14th, 2017 [Note: It has been updated that the date was misspoken- it should be February 13th, not 14th].

If you were parked there or know who was parked there, please contact the officers at the command post at The Delphi City Building."

I like seeing these direct quotes. Helps keep things on track.

Is it possible a witness who parked at the abandoned CPS building gave LE false I.D. or left a tip anonymously or left contact info erroneously on the tipline and they are unable to contact him or her?

Or are they just asking in order to see who will come forward with info on who parked there because they received conflicting reports on who parked/left a car there and they need to get those details firmed up ?

I like seeing these direct quotes. Helps keep things on track.

Is it possible a witness who parked at the abandoned CPS building gave LE false I.D. or left a tip anonymously or left contact info erroneously on the tipline and they are unable to contact him or her?

Or are they just asking in order to see who will come forward with info on who parked there because they received conflicting reports on who parked/left a car there and they need to get those details firmed up ?

Great questions...and the right questions to ask imo. It seems so odd tho to ask the public for about a vehicle parked somewhere, 2 years after the vehicle was parked there. Like, who could possibly remember that?

And in an event in which every word likely scripted...how do you get the date wrong? Idk. Just so many question marks about this vehicle.

And I want to point out that Carter brought this up VERY early in the PC. Before any video was show, sketch given, or audio played. Could this have been a tactic to perhaps get someone to squirm? Lead with this small detail to really show BG they are on to him? Am I over thinking it? Lol.

I just dont think they lead with this by accident. But idk. Rambling now...

But here is the beginning to the PC via transcript, to show how soon they gave this request for vehicle info...

I wasn’t sure quite what to expect when I walked out, but I got to say to the Delphi Community, um, I got to say to the Delphi Community how grateful I am. You inspire people you don’t even understand when, you don’t even understand why. Information is being released today is the result of literally thousands and thousands of hours of extraordinary investigative efforts by Delphi, Carroll County, The FBI, The Indiana State Police and countless other agencies.

This community surrounded us some 26 months ago. And you did everything you could to support us, but most importantly you surrounded the family of these two little girls. Gosh, I’ll never forget it! After you hear what we’re going to release today I’m going to ask for your continued support, your continued understanding, your empathy and compassion as we move forward to find out who did this….and we will.

We’re seeking the public’s help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS/DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi...

Refresh my memory. Was there a witness who spotted a broken down vehicle on the day of the murders with a driver in the vehicle? Is there somewhere this has been previously discussed? Thx
Great questions...and the right questions to ask imo. It seems so odd tho to ask the public for about a vehicle parked somewhere, 2 years after the vehicle was parked there. Like, who could possibly remember that?

And in an event in which every word likely scripted...how do you get the date wrong? Idk. Just so many question marks about this vehicle.

And I want to point out that Carter brought this up VERY early in the PC. Before any video was show, sketch given, or audio played. Could this have been a tactic to perhaps get someone to squirm? Lead with this small detail to really show BG they are on to him? Am I over thinking it? Lol.

I just dont think they lead with this by accident. But idk. Rambling now...

But here is the beginning to the PC via transcript, to show how soon they gave this request for vehicle info...

I wasn’t sure quite what to expect when I walked out, but I got to say to the Delphi Community, um, I got to say to the Delphi Community how grateful I am. You inspire people you don’t even understand when, you don’t even understand why. Information is being released today is the result of literally thousands and thousands of hours of extraordinary investigative efforts by Delphi, Carroll County, The FBI, The Indiana State Police and countless other agencies.

This community surrounded us some 26 months ago. And you did everything you could to support us, but most importantly you surrounded the family of these two little girls. Gosh, I’ll never forget it! After you hear what we’re going to release today I’m going to ask for your continued support, your continued understanding, your empathy and compassion as we move forward to find out who did this….and we will.

We’re seeking the public’s help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS/DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi...

They haven't asked again.
Hope they got their info.

They haven't asked again.
Hope they got their info.

I sure hope so. But man it seems unlikely. Unless it was the individual who came forward I just dont see how someone else could remember that. I may remember myself parking somewhere unusual one time, but idk if I could present a date and time without supporting evidence (email, photo, FB post) but just seems unlikely someone else would remember seeing me or my car 2 years later.

There has to be instances my mind just isnt thinking of. Help me out here lol

Right from the get go LE were looking to identify vehicles in the area as shown by the following link.

PHOTO: Police Seek to ID Man in Abigail Williams & Liberty German Case | Heavy.com

“We are asking for anyone to come forward with information or were in the area of the Delphi Historic Trails or Monon High Bridge that might have seen a person or persons, vehicles parked in the area or were taking pictures. Any information may be helpful to solving this case,” police said in a press release. “You can contact the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department or the Delphi Police Department .......”

Now it just seems to be the one parked at the CPS is the only one left unidentified. I hope they have the info now.

We are two and a half years out from these murders and the investigation is going nowhere.
Their biggest asset from the beginning was the public and they have refused to allow the public to help, releasing nothing. Two plus years out, that opportunity has been squandered, things forgotten, tiny impressions that might have been helpful, gone.
If the killer is ever caught it will be by some weird happenstance that causes him to fall into LE hands. I doubt the police will actually solve it.
Just my opinion. Sorry to be so negative.

We are two and a half years out from these murders and the investigation is going nowhere.
Their biggest asset from the beginning was the public and they have refused to allow the public to help, releasing nothing. Two plus years out, that opportunity has been squandered, things forgotten, tiny impressions that might have been helpful, gone.
If the killer is ever caught it will be by some weird happenstance that causes him to fall into LE hands. I doubt the police will actually solve it.

I totally understand how you feel I’ve been here every day since the girls went missing before tragically being found the next day and I’m fearful this is a cold case now. I just keep telling myself we don’t know what is going on behind the scenes. Unfortunately I this case is going to be solved either by new advances in forensic testing or monster committing another crime but hopefully I’m wrong. Hopefully he is too afraid of being caught and his “luck” running out to kill again. I do think he will be caught I just don’t know how long it will take.

I’m still trying to figure out the last press conference and I’m still confused by it. I don’t understand LE’s strategy and wonder if they are out their depth because they aren’t used to dealing with cases like this. Hopefully we will get answers one day in court with monster being convicted.

I see your point. I think imprisoning RL was also not a good move. Also, the public might have been at the Monon area, doing things that are not quite legal. Why share them with the police, they probably think now.

I see your point. I think imprisoning RL was also not a good move. Also, the public might have been at the Monon area, doing things that are not quite legal. Why share them with the police, they probably think now.
And it was a place for activity all hours of the day and night according to Mears and is the reason they closed that as a parking area shortly after the murders. You're right, those people are not the sort to come forward to the police IMO.

The car aside, what else is there on the BG? The fact that he is a hunter? I hope they checked all hunting licenses issued in the Carrol county. To cross-check them against people who were interviewed.

If one of DNA profiles doesn’t match anyone even close, I am back to my dead drops in the woods theory as it could explain so much.

Really, nothing in the story belongs in “the Shack” to me, and the swiftness of the killings indicates someone very different, someone trained. One could always mask it as para-sexual act.

I totally understand how you feel I’ve been here every day since the girls went missing before tragically being found the next day and I’m fearful this is a cold case now. I just keep telling myself we don’t know what is going on behind the scenes. Unfortunately I this case is going to be solved either by new advances in forensic testing or monster committing another crime but hopefully I’m wrong. Hopefully he is too afraid of being caught and his “luck” running out to kill again. I do think he will be caught I just don’t know how long it will take.

I’m still trying to figure out the last press conference and I’m still confused by it. I don’t understand LE’s strategy and wonder if they are out their depth because they aren’t used to dealing with cases like this. Hopefully we will get answers one day in court with monster being convicted.

They are not used to such cases, and perhaps, somewhat obstinate. Using one angle and refusing, or unable, to think out of the box. They think it is a local because he knew ins and outs. 90% of the time it probably is a local, but if not, who could know ins and outs, but not be a local?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member