Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #111

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the actual victim choices were random and opportunist but the crime was planned. Bg went there that day to do what he did. Think about the fact that he knew it was a school holiday and also knew that kids would go to the trails like they usually did on the weekends. He chose the fact that it was a week day hoping it would be less crowded.

I think the actual victim choices were random and opportunist but the crime was planned. Bg went there that day to do what he did. Think about the fact that he knew it was a school holiday and also knew that kids would go to the trails like they usually did on the weekends. He chose the fact that it was a week day hoping it would be less crowded.
And the fact that it was week day makes some of us wonder what this guy does for a living. Assuming he is employed. If he is past resident or frequent visitor and lives a few counties away it really makes me wonder what if he is employed and in what profession.

And the fact that it was week day makes some of us wonder what this guy does for a living. Assuming he is employed. If he is past resident or frequent visitor and lives a few counties away it really makes me wonder what if he is employed and in what profession.
One possibility would have to be the school system. Teachers, administators and maintenance may have had some work scheduled that day even though the kids were off but could have been out a little earlier than a regular school day.

“"One of these days we're going to be right. Today will be the day," said Patty, explaining he's optimistic, but not pinning his hopes on recent developments like investigators requesting the DNA and autopsy results of 55-year-old Paul Etter.”

Snip

“Eventually, we're going to get to the bottom of it, whether it's this tip or not," said Patty.

Patty hopes a new police sketch of the suspect, released in April, will get them closer.

It's the second sketch investigators have shown the public. Early in the investigation, police released a sketch of a man they thought was the suspect, but have since said it's not the man for whom they're looking.

"Whatever information they collected, enabled law enforcement to make this determination," said Patty of the second sketch.”

Snip

“Patty stays alert.

"He's been here once and we seen what he did. Could he be right here, now? Could he still here? Could he have never left?" asked Patty. "All those thoughts go through my mind all the time."

Two-and-a-half years later, Mike Patty never thought he'd be still waiting for answers.

"I really figured we'd be closer. You know what I mean? And would have had some sort of resolution by now," said Patty.

He knows it's coming, though. Patty's a patient man who hasn't lost hope.

"We're going to get this guy. There's too many people out there, helping us to get this done," Patty said.”

Grandfather of Delphi victim 'optimistic' that murderer will be caught
JUL 24TH, 2019
UPDATED: JUL 26TH

One possibility would have to be the school system. Teachers, administators and maintenance may have had some work scheduled that day even though the kids were off but could have been out a little earlier than a regular school day.
Does anyone know whether teachers, coaches and staff were swabbed? I mean they likely were all off that day or p.m. at least.

I watched a video that showed down the hill and then up the road to the right, there was an area over that way, very secluded under the trees. The bridge wasn't visable from there either. It was pretty much right across the creek, up the embankment and over the road from where the girls were found.
If BG engaged the girls at the south end of the bridge, it really could have been from anywhere around there. LE seems to think Libby "had presence of mind" to start videoing him, so I take that as they think she found him threatening on some level. The girls may have gone down to the road, or under the bridge to avoid him. Maybe she turned off her video at that point, since it sounds like she turned on the recorder at a later point. JMO

If a SA occurred, then from wherever he engaged them (and she turned on the recorder), he really could have led them to a number of secluded spots (like the one you mentioned) down the hill from that road, and afterward led them across the creek to where he killed them.

It goes against what I've always felt about BG not spending much time with them. Carter did say it was about "power" for the killer, though. IMO, that does hint at SA (although I pray not).

I still don't understand the lack of police tape. Maybe there was a h*ll of a lot more than we know about? Maybe media doesn't even know about other locations police looked at?

Maybe it's even possible he led them from the north end of the bridge and down, then exited somewhere along the creek. Riley did say the area was so contaminated by searchers that dog's weren't used. But weren't most the searches done on the opposite side of the creek from where they were found?

Sorry, I'm talking in rounds, I know. Just trying to put pieces together still...

I totally agree!

And maybe.... he had lingered around that trail area previous days, but the right opportunity didn't present itself: that is, too many people on the trail, the ones isolated were women and not girls, there were 3 or more people in a group, the coast was not clear in both directions when he made the move, etc.

This leads me to believe that if he was out there before, he would have been seen.. and hopefully this was reported.

If BG engaged the girls at the south end of the bridge, it really could have been from anywhere around there. LE seems to think Libby "had presence of mind" to start videoing him, so I take that as they think she found him threatening on some level. The girls may have gone down to the road, or under the bridge to avoid him. Maybe she turned off her video at that point, since it sounds like she turned on the recorder at a later point. JMO

If a SA occurred, then from wherever he engaged them (and she turned on the recorder), he really could have led them to a number of secluded spots (like the one you mentioned) down the hill from that road, and afterward led them across the creek to where he killed them.

It goes against what I've always felt about BG not spending much time with them. Carter did say it was about "power" for the killer, though. IMO, that does hint at SA (although I pray not).

I still don't understand the lack of police tape. Maybe there was a h*ll of a lot more than we know about? Maybe media doesn't even know about other locations police looked at?

Maybe it's even possible he led them from the north end of the bridge and down, then exited somewhere along the creek. Riley did say the area was so contaminated by searchers that dog's weren't used. But weren't most the searches done on the opposite side of the creek from where they were found?

Sorry, I'm talking in rounds, I know. Just trying to put pieces together still...
So the south side was contaminated by the searchers and the cemetery was chosen as a police staging area so that cannot have helped either, especially if he left that way. BG got lucky unfortunately. He could also have left via the private drive towards IP or along the old rail path to the south of the bridge. Although it does seem some witnesses saw him leaving via cemetery/trail head. MOO.

School softball coach? School bus driver? School caretaker?. IP shift worker? IP lorry delivery driver? Anderson grain delivery driver? Any shift worker?
Many options.

WS goes down at noon Central time. Maybe an arrest is imminent and they are preparing things as we would likely crash the site with our fervor! Ha! I'll take an arrest any day. Today should be that day. BG's days are numbered. With LE so quiet I believe things are happening behind the scenes. That April PC was stunning, IMO. I hope it stunned BG.
News blackout to confuse BG.

I totally agree!

And maybe.... he had lingered around that trail area previous days, but the right opportunity didn't present itself: that is, too many people on the trail, the ones isolated were women and not girls, there were 3 or more people in a group, the coast was not clear in both directions when he made the move, etc.

This leads me to believe that if he was out there before, he would have been seen.. and hopefully this was reported.

If he was out there before (recently) people would have noticed and attacking 2 people whether young or not for SA purposes isnt smart. There is more than meets the eye to this tragedy and we might not ever find out why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member