Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #112

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read accounts of the second day.
They were assembled in a much different way from the first. The volunteer searchers were briefed i town until 11am, and sent to search an area far from where the girls were found.
It was reported 100’s then 1000 searchers were there that day. I’m not sure what is correct. Playing devils advocate if a family from a nearby house came together and were searching the area would anyone know they didn’t sign in?

It has been over 2 1/2 years since this crime happened. NASA and Disney have not been able to enhance the video/audio recording on Liberty German's phone. 2 different sketches have been released of what I assume are different people that law enforcement would like to talk to. The sketches are based on eyewitness statements from witnesses who saw these people in the Monon High Bridge area that day. Neither of the sketches has worked out so far in identifying the mysterious bridge guy. Even if the people in the sketches are found, they may just be people that were out on the Monon High Bridge trail that day.

After all this time, what would you do if you were an investigator in the Delphi double murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German? After 2 1/2 years, how would you solve the case?

I'd go walk the scene from beginning to end and start all over.

Maybe the second day, but I never heard for sure. The first night was not an organized search, so anyone who searched that night wouldn't necessarily be known by LE or others searching. And several searched late into the night even after the search was called off. The official search didn't start until 10am or so, I would imagine there were several already searching that morning before it became an official search.
This is what really bothers me. LE doesn't start the search until 10 am the next day? Not at daybreak?

Has anyone attempted to create a 3D model or bust using the NBG sketch? This could offer a little more realism—perhaps enough to jog someone's memory. One step further and a full / partial body sculpt could be attempted from the video.

Seems ridiculous...but I don't recall mention of this approach on previous threads. You never know; maybe all it takes is a slightly different approach to create the tipping point we all want.

It has been over 2 1/2 years since this crime happened. NASA and Disney have not been able to enhance the video/audio recording on Liberty German's phone. 2 different sketches have been released of what I assume are different people that law enforcement would like to talk to. The sketches are based on eyewitness statements from witnesses who saw these people in the Monon High Bridge area that day. Neither of the sketches has worked out so far in identifying the mysterious bridge guy. Even if the people in the sketches are found, they may just be people that were out on the Monon High Bridge trail that day.

After all this time, what would you do if you were an investigator in the Delphi double murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German? After 2 1/2 years, how would you solve the case?

Good post.

I’d take all of the evidence, give it to fresh eyes, and go back to basics. Determine motive, method, and opportunity.

Narrow it down from there. Talk to their circles of acquaintances. Bring them in for questioning. Whatever can be done legally.

Yes. The beginning may have been the peior month on SM, may gave had more to
Has anyone attempted to create a 3D model or bust using the NBG sketch? This could offer a little more realism—perhaps enough to jog someone's memory. One step further and a full / partial body sculpt could be attempted from the video.

Seems ridiculous...but I don't recall mention of this approach on previous threads. You never know; maybe all it takes is a slightly different approach to create the tipping point we all want.

I haven't seen that, it is a good idea.

I understand not wanting to spread panic but , I would think they would at least tell the public to have a heightened awareness while out and about and discuss the dangers to their children. I would rather be warned if more children are at risk of this monster as to not. And I have yet to hear any warnings in their press conferences. I see many of children standing at bus stops in the early morning hours with no adult supervision. Some of these children are way too young. Sadly as time goes on people tend to let their guard down . It is almost as if LE thinks this will be his only crime and he will never do it again. That is what I find very very ODD. I don't wish anyone to live under a rock and have their life lived in fear ….I just want to know why LE seems so relaxed in not addressing that issue. Every child deserves to have a fun filled life but sadly it doesn't always work that way.....Abby and Libby were doing just that and you see how that turned out,
JMO
There should have been panic and maybe more awareness. Maybe LE would have been able to solve with more awareness

Re. 3D nerve palsy, not sure if it is not artistic liberty. But if not - if he is young, it might be congenital, due to birth trauma, or acquired after trauma. With advancing age, other diagnoses, such as aneurysm, stroke, multiple sclerosis, or myasthenia gravis could contribute.

Re. OCD. The loop is very short to tell with certainty. If he makes this odd movement with every second step, as it seems to me, then, OCD is possible.

With OCD, expect a different array of comorbid illnesses. Tourrette’s disorder, tics, ADHD, anxiety, and similar group of issues.

If the locals know him, it would be interesting to ask them if their POI had OCD/Tourrette’s/ADHD at high school. I do not expect any answer now, but hopefully, when he is arrested, we’ll find out.

Just my opinion, but I don’t think BG has any type of nerve damage or neurological disorder. I would think someone challenged in that way would steer clear of high railroad bridges in disrepair. I think, as LE stated, his odd gait is due to the poor state of the bridge.
As far as OCD, I would consider myself a real-world expert as one of children has it. Trying to diagnose it by gait would be really stretching things.

I would draw names at random of five Websleuthers who have been following this case since early on.(Pick me! Pick me!) I would set them up in a large conference room with all the evidence and give them a detailed history of the investigation to that point. I would allow them to pick some information they believe would be helpful and release it to the public. Give them two weeks to go over thing and discuss things. It might be solved in two weeks.

No. I honestly don't think it's a good idea, and to be honest not entirely sure anyone but the perp knows the true motive. I can say he's nothing short of pure evil.
But does he present himself to be a really respectful young man? I have a suspect that I believe fits every one of law enforcements profile as well as John Kelly's. The problem is I don't live anywhere near Indiana and have no way of confirming details I would need to make that call. He has already been called in anyway. It makes me think he is able to justify why his DNA would be there. It seems that his reputation is such that locals would never consider him ever. In fact some local people have defended him in my opinion. No my suspect is not a family member.

Where did reddish-brown hair come from? The witnesses? He might have colored his hair. Or did the LE get the hair shaft? I won't rely on the hair color.
Well, once we had a frequent guest from Northern Italy. A blonde with blue eyes. Looked German or Scandinavian. Generations and generations of Italian gentry in the genome.
The reddish brown hair is one of the things that stayed the same between OBG and NBG.

Did they call in the right people right away? Who collected the evidence at the crime scene? Did local LE think they could handle it and collected all of the crime scene evidence without realizing that this, is beyond their means, experience and realm of what their on the job training provided. Was the process by which they collected DNA done properly? IMO this local LE tried to handle the evidence collection process themselves and in doing so missed the opportunity to get the smoking gun. When I read that LE didn’t think these girls were in danger through a cold winter’s night was a bad judgment call. Local LE wants the notoriety for solving a double murder case. I think all LE wants that under their belt. I don’t doubt for one second that egos dictated how this case would be managed - too early. By the time they realized they were in over their head and sought the help of other LE agencies. Were they too late? Did they hastily process a crime scene with some assumptions in mind that they “had enough” to process? We are all imperfect humans. It is our strife for perfection where we learn from our mistakes. Let’s hope I’m wrong.
MOO
If a thousand searchers on the first night is anywhere near correct, then how likely is it the killer was among them? (Especially now knowing that the killer is local. )
I do think they had the FBI and ISP and surrounding LE on the case immediately the bodies were discovered, if not before, so no excuse there. Unless the perp was/is LE.
AJMO

Last edited:
Good post.

I’d take all of the evidence, give it to fresh eyes, and go back to basics. Determine motive, method, and opportunity.

Narrow it down from there. Talk to their circles of acquaintances. Bring them in for questioning. Whatever can be done legally.
What did GBI say when they reviewed the case? Was that ever released?

This is what really bothers me. LE doesn't start the search until 10 am the next day? Not at daybreak?
I also have a problem with that particular aspect. And still to this day can't understand why they called it off and didn't continue searching throughout the evening of the 13th early hours of 14th. At that point for all anyone knew they could have been injured and unconscious requiring urgent medical attention. The whole case saddens me however this particular aspect annoys and saddens me.

Sorry for the rant
MingyMoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members