Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #112

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So KG argeed to drive them and took them to the trails before she even knew the girls had a definite ride home? That's news to me. I thought they told Libby's grandmother home that they had a ride home before they left home.
You need to listen to what BP states in her interviews. She told Libby she herself couldn't collect her. Libby says her Dad will pick her up and BP trusts her to call him and says Kelsie wouldn't have dropped her there if she had not already arranged the pick up. I thought I had already stated this.

Yes I love forget me knots as they now always remind me of my mother. Many years ago she gave me a small antique container with "when this you see, remember me" with small painted forget me knots on the lid. So whenever I see them......
My garden is full of them spring/summer as my Mother loved For Get Me Knots as well. Put it this way whilst the majority pull them up and class the as a weeds my family love to see them and leave them to their own devices.
MM

You need to listen to what BP states in her interviews. She told Libby she herself couldn't collect her. Libby says her Dad will pick her up and BP trusts her to call him and says Kelsie wouldn't have dropped her there if she had not already arranged the pick up. I thought I had already stated this.

Well, they omitted one important step. Abby, as far as we know, was never on the bridge. No one called her mom to ask if it was OK for Abby to go.

And to me, it would be important. Why was that call not made? It is a pretty high bridge, Kelsie said this in her interviews.

My question is, when was the last time Libby’s own phone was active? I hope the LE checked it.
Ok again if you check the interviews Libby's phone rang once I believe when he called at 3.11 to say he was near then he called again and it only went to voice mail and continued to go to voice mail indicating the battery out of power. That's my recollection.

Yes but sufficient for an alibi as it would show his phone moving in the general direction. What is the point you want to make ? We know DG saw FSG when he entered the trails right?

Do we? This is according to DG. I never heard an interview with FSG. If the LE spoke to him and confirmed DG’s alibi, if only by one old witness, and can say so, it is fine.

Ok again if you check the interviews Libby's phone rang once I believe when he called at 3.11 to say he was near then he called again and it only went to voice mail and continued to go to voice mail indicating the battery out of power. That's my recollection.

That was BP’s phone. I am speaking about Libby’s one.

Well he must have been local at one point because why else would Grandpa think she may head there? Interesting.
Well her Mom lives in KY also so I would think IF there was reason to think an Indiana child was unhappy and wanting to running away from that situation, an out of state but not too far immediate family would be a place to check.

Well, they omitted one important step. Abby, as far as we know, was never on the bridge. No one called her mom to ask if it was OK for Abby to go.

And to me, it would be important. Why was that call not made? It is a pretty high bridge, Kelsie said this in her interviews.
Have you got a link to say they didnt get Abbey's mum's permission? Perhaps they did not ask because they knew she would say no. I don't know the details of that one. I do remember they were trying to call Anna at work to let her know the situation later in the afternoon.

I had no idea Libby had just done a factory reset of her phone! Does that erase all the information? Texts, etc? Or does the phone company still have records?

If the phone company does keep texts, what about apps like Whatsapp and Snapchat? I am sure there are more that teenagers use. Is all the info gone with a factory reset?

I have not thought too much into the catfish theory or someone she knew well because I assumed all her communication had been thoroughly looked at. If not, that opens up a lot of possibilities!

Because LE wasn't on the case till 5.30 and BP had tried that with the phone company who would not help. By 5.30 the phone was no longer pinging. Also, sometimes the location is not exact and can be out by miles. Especially in rural areas.
And then her battery power was gone, so no pinging would have helped. My phone keeps a great charge but I'm not familiar with the iPhone's battery life. It might not have had a full charge when they left the house, who knows.

Yes, and if you forget the case and only think of the phones...no calls from Libby’s phone, allegedly a call from BP’s phone to DG’s phone, then DG calls BP’s phone that doesn’t answer, then silence, then they alert the PD at 5:30? And BP’s phone is pinging all around the town?

So when was the last time Libby’s own phone was active?

BTW, I think it is a tragic coincidence, but very unusual. It is unusual for the kids who are secretive at this age to take parents’ phones. Unless there was a reason. Was Libby afraid that her own cell would be traced?
Where are you getting your info it was BP's phone that Libby was using that day?

That whole factory reset of her phone is an interesting subject. I wonder why and I'm sure LE has investigated this thoroughly by now. It's an anomaly, Libby not having her phone that day. It may not play into any of the course of actions taken that day by the girls...but then again it may hold a purpose that does. Anything done out of the ordinary could hold weight with the circumstances that followed. JMO
Getting threats, trying to delete someone who knows too much about you on some apps that you're on perhaps. Doing something you shouldn't be and don't want to get caught or did get caught and had your phone confiscated. Memory full. If BP wasn't home how did anyone reach her? Was the Sim card transfered into BP's phone from LG's phone?

It was dark out, they couldn't have know everyone who had shown up to search, only the ones that crossed their path close enough to shine a light on them. It would have been very easy for a person to go unnoticed that night. Especially with no LE participating in the overnight search. JMO

What would the suspect be doing participating in the search? If he was ghoulishly enjoying the increasing worry and wanted to say things like "hope we find them soon" he would need to be near people or maybe he was sitting with his victims listening to people calling them?

Interesting

Well I think a lawyer like @gitana1 could perhaps help with this. Does anyone else know the answer?

I thought he came back as Deputy Prosecutor. His absence was to spend more time with Children and Elderly parents. He came back as Interim Deputy Prosecution because Existing Deputy Prosecutor was on sick leave and would then possibly be retiring. Just another Delphi news link I read somewhere

MM lurking for news link

Do we? This is according to DG. I never heard an interview with FSG. If the LE spoke to him and confirmed DG’s alibi, if only by one old witness, and can say so, it is fine.
Yes we can say this because we have the GH allowed sources on this called "Derrick's path" see GH link on post 1.

Yes that's how I thought it all occured. I must be confused by what you said earlier that KG said Libby called her Dad for a ride while they were in KG's car sitting at the trailhead. I'm sorry if I misunderstood but that's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raquel222