Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #112

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A factory reset will erase all the information on the phone. However, there are ways to get info off the phone even after a factory reset. Not by the average person, but it can usually be done. If the phone was backed up to the Cloud all the information will be in the Cloud, but a warrant would need to be issued to get the info and Apple is very strict about it. The phone carrier would have records of text, calls and data usage, etc., but it's not likely they would have what was said or done on apps, that would need to be recovered from the actual phone itself and a warrant would have likely been needed to do that. It would be great to know what has been done to recover the cell phone info and translations.

Edited to add Cloud info.....

@Tippy Lynn , sometimes the clouds are full. My kid has clogged 50 GB of the cloud and I either have to remove it all, manually, because there is mine, too, or... I don't know. So if the cloud is full it stops synching. Libby's phone was reset, so what was there, was erased.

But yes, it would have been great to know what has been recovered.

Well I think a lawyer like @gitana1 could perhaps help with this. Does anyone else know the answer?
First of all I think Mr Ives came back as Deputy Prosecutor as existing DP was ill. Mr Ives retired due to wanting to spend more time with Children and Elderly parents some MSM news cast somewhere. I will lurk out the link and add

However my problem in 2019 is the below

Prosecutor's Office

Make of it what you will

MingyMoo

@Tippy Lynn , sometimes the clouds are full. My kid has clogged 50 GB of the cloud and I either have to remove it all, manually, because there is mine, too, or... I don't know. So if the cloud is full it stops synching. Libby's phone was reset, so what was there, was erased.

But yes, it would have been great to know what has been recovered.

There are many variables. I'm not an expert, but in most instances whatever was stored in the Cloud is still recoverable even after a reset.

First of all I think Mr Ives came back as Deputy Prosecutor as existing DP was ill. Mr Ives retired due to wanting to spend more time with Children and Elderly parents some MSM news cast somewhere. I will lurk out the link and add

Prosecutor's Office

Make of it what you will

MingyMoo
What is supposed to be there? Nothing loads for me or is that what you mean?

Prosecutor's Office

Make of it what you will

MingyMoo
I don't see anything in your link other than a homepage. I did, however, notice Scott Ayers is the councilman for Flora. Same last name (different first name) as the owner of the house that burned down in the Flora fires.

I don’t know about you, but for me this case has been a roller coaster. I didn’t become aware of it until after the first identikit was released. I watched the BG video and tried to decipher what exactly I was looking at, coming up with something similar to the first identikit. I wasn’t able to identify what type of hat BG was wearing, but agreed that the hat in the identikit was about as close as I could come to any kind of solution.

Each time a new suspect was announced. I agreed they looked enough like the first identikit, that I was convinced LE had they’re man.

Then came the April,23 press conference where LE produced the second identikit accompanied by a profile.

This profile dramatically reduced the size of the suspect pool, and I saw an opportunity to not only speculate from the sidelines, but to participate in solving this case.

I do however have few resources, and even fewer skills. The only avenue I could come up with to identify the suspect depicted by the second identikit, was such a long shot, i didn’t even bother trying for a couple of days.

<modsnip>

I no longer see an individual resembling the first identikit when viewing the BG video. You may not agree, but if you’re interested, try pausing the video frame by frame until BG’s left ear becomes apparent, then use it as context to decipher the rest of the image. What I see is far clearer an image than any other hypothesis I’ve had of what the BG video actually represents. What I see is a young male with no hat, a knot in his hair at the top of his head, no facial hair, with his chin close to his chest, looking down as one might whilst trying to cross a bridge like this one. I see an image entirely consistent with the individual depicted by the second identikit.

<modsnip>

If this first identikit is not BG, and he is not the culprit. Then who is he?

<modsnip>

I also considered that the witness whom described the first identikit, may be the perpetrator. Unable to exit the area quickly enough, trying to divert attention away from themselves by pointing the finger in a direction where there is most likely motive to be found.

<modsnip: LE specifically said to disregard the style of hat>

I’m not sure when LE got hold of the witness statement which produced the second identikit. It seems to me given the size of Delfi, it had to have been very early on.

<modsnip>

I suggest LE concocted the first identikit, in order to apply pressure to their suspect. Hopeful it would cause him to crack under said pressure, and confess.

<modsnip>

I’m sure LE had the best of intentions, just not the most cleaver ones.

In the end, misleading an entire nation of both potential witnesses and victims, and allowing the actual perpetrator the opportunity to do a great deal more harm.

If this is an accurate account of the situation, then how do you think it will play out?

If LE was going to come clean wouldn’t they have done it by now, and if they’re planning to keep it quiet. How can there be a trial where a witness that does not exist, will have to be produced. How can you both catch the culprit and at the same time have no trial?

Perhaps neither will happen, and the perpetrator will either go scot-free or end up “quietly” dead in a ditch, leaving the case to remain unsolved.

<modsnip - it is a violation of TOS to link to pictures of random people a member thinks looks like the suspect sketch>

I can feel the hate mail coming already, and I haven’t even posted yet.

This is just the way I see it, I’m not telling you what to think. I’m only posting out of a sense of social responsibility.

Regardless of what you think of my post, Thanks for reading.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree on that, for sure. Was he the DA, and not just a prosecutor in the DA's office? If so, I can see why he would be involved in a double homicide of children. Maybe the DA himself needs to file a Petition to Seal Autopsy Reports?

It still seems like conflict of interest. If someone was charged with the girls' murders, and acquitted, couldn't DG come back with the argument that RI didn't do his job because he was biased against DG due to prior cases? I don't know. I'm reaching, I guess.

Could it be so that RI initially retired for this very reason? That the initial LE's idea was connecting the girls' murders with some organized crime/drug activity in the area? And RI, having prosecuted certain upstanding citizens of Delphi, not only DG, for the said activity, could have always be accused of creating conflict of interest, had the case come to court? And now, the new track that DC is following, is not related to local drugs/crime, so RI could safely return back to prosecute this case? Specifically because DC's POI is not from the drug world?

(Not sure I agree with DC, but he has all the facts).

I don't see anything in your link other than a homepage. I did, however, notice Scott Ayers is the councilman for Flora. Same last name (different first name) as the owner of the house that burned down in the Flora fires.
You my friend didn't scroll down and look at the empty contact space. It is the home page for contact the Prosecutor

Prosecutor's Office

MingyMoo

I do remember someone saying that Libby had Becky's phone, but I do also remember discussing Libby's phone having to be traced after being re-set. Could it be possible that Becky gave Libby her phone that day in case Libby's didn't work? And that perhaps BG took Becky's phone thinking that was all she had when in fact she had her other re-set phone that she used to record him? So she brought 2 phones to the trail in case one was unable to be used as a precaution. Just a thought.

Ok guys. I’m in an argument with someone (who is a little rude!) over on Reddit about whether Libby’s phone was actually found. I have seen the one Fox59 article saying that it was, but I haven’t seen that from either LE or the family. My rude opponent says that it’s been verified by both of those sources multiple times that LE has the phone, found at the scene. So: do we know for a fact that her phone was found? If so, source pls (other than Fox59 just saying so)? Thank you!!

Edit: found one- the Infamously Indy podcast from Feb 2019 says unequivocally that the cell phone was recovered by LE.

Last edited:
Ok guys. I’m in an argument with someone (who is a little rude!) over on Reddit about whether Libby’s phone was actually found. I have seen the one Fox59 article saying that it was, but I haven’t seen that from either LE or the family. My rude opponent says that it’s been verified by both of those sources multiple times that LE has the phone, found at the scene. So: do we know for a fact that her phone was found? If so, source pls (other than Fox59 just saying so)? Thank you!!
I don't know if this is what you want, but here's a transcipt by @Spellbound from Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence

A: [24.16] Was her cell phone, I mean, are you surprised he didn't try to take cell phone or take any evidence with him?

H: Was I surprised that ....?

A: That he didn't try to take it? I mean, you would think that if that had had, maybe he didn't know that they were recording, but ...

H: Yeah.

A: Do you believe that?

H: You know, I don't know. Nothing surprises me any more after doing this job for awhile, but who knows what he was thinking or what he knew. You know, we don't know that.

A: But it was all pretty, like, you didn't have to go searching through the woods, all that stuff was kind of let in that area, right?

H: ahh, that's a fair statement, the general area.

Have we pinned down when the 2:07 Abby photo was discovered?

I thought someone came forward the night the girls went missing with it. If so they had knowledge of the snap chat bridge photo of Abby on the evening of the 13th then the whole "run away" scenario is a bust.

That right there would have told LE the girls were out on that bridge just a few hours earlier. If the girls had some grand scheme to run away I don't they would first go walking the trails and take a leisurely walk across the bridge and take pictures.

I don't know if this is what you want, but here's a transcipt by @Spellbound from Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence

A: [24.16] Was her cell phone, I mean, are you surprised he didn't try to take cell phone or take any evidence with him?

H: Was I surprised that ....?

A: That he didn't try to take it? I mean, you would think that if that had had, maybe he didn't know that they were recording, but ...

H: Yeah.

A: Do you believe that?

H: You know, I don't know. Nothing surprises me any more after doing this job for awhile, but who knows what he was thinking or what he knew. You know, we don't know that.

A: But it was all pretty, like, you didn't have to go searching through the woods, all that stuff was kind of let in that area, right?

H: ahh, that's a fair statement, the general area.
And at the end of this video, H says, again, that L and A were uncomfortable and L started the recording (video) because she felt something was off. I've seen so many comments questioning whether L was already videoing and just captured him by accident, or if they were even scared of him. IMO, based on the several times LE has stated this, I think there were. LE has to have reason to think this, maybe from something said on the recording, something even the families haven't heard.

And it bothers me, because I think if L was smart enough to video BG on the bridge, she would have said his name if she'd known him. Maybe not, but personally I don't think they knew BG or he would have been caught already.

Last edited:
Have we pinned down when the 2:07 Abby photo was discovered?

I thought someone came forward the night the girls went missing with it. If so they had knowledge of the snap chat bridge photo of Abby on the evening of the 13th then the whole "run away" scenario is a bust.

That right there would have told LE the girls were out on that bridge just a few hours earlier. If the girls had some grand scheme to run away I don't they would first go walking the trails and take a leisurely walk across the bridge and take pictures.
I know I have seen this photo with 2:07 time stamp I have now spent 3 days looking for it and unable to find it, I knew I saw it MSM now its just vanished as far as I can tell. Its really bugging me.

MM

I know I have seen this photo with 2:07 time stamp I have now spent 3 days looking for it and unable to find it, I knew I saw it MSM now its just vanished as far as I can tell. Its really bugging me.

MM
That 2:07 is a bone of contention with me. It's never been confirmed how this person who posted the 2:07 time knew the exact time. The original photo had "7 hours ago" on it, as did the other bridge photo.

Maybe, but he is smarter than they thought, though.

And it LE knew full and well, why are they sitting on the information, and the DNA, for 2.5 years?

I’m guessing, they know BG is the killer, they just don’t know who BG is.
I do wish LE would clarify about the killer’s DNA. Yes we have it or no we don’t. I don’t see how disclosing whether or not you have any, after two and a half years, could matter one way or another.

I’m guessing, they know BG is the killer, they just don’t know who BG is.
I do wish LE would clarify about the killer’s DNA. Yes we have it or no we don’t. I don’t see how disclosing whether or not you have any, after two and a half years, could matter one way or another.
I wonder if they still don't know. Maybe they have multiple samples that don't have matches yet?

That 2:07 is a bone of contention with me. It's never been confirmed how this person who posted the 2:07 time knew the exact time. The original photo had "7 hours ago" on it, as did the other bridge photo.

No !! the one I saw had 2:07 on it. I am in the UK and saw it stamped 2:07 I had no reason to question or save it at the time . I saw it and I saw it online toddles off to have a look for photo in a different direction.

Mingy Moo

No !! the one I saw had 2:07 on it. I am in the UK and saw it stamped 2:07 I had no reason to question or save it at the time . I saw it and I saw it online toddles off to have a look for photo in a different direction.

Mingy Moo
There is one with a 2:07 timestamp on it, but as far as I've heard, that timestamp was put on there by somebody on facebook or something. I can't find the image now, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldeBiddy