Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #112

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember the approximate height/weight of the BG? It was on the police website, but I can not find it now.
Someone posted yesterday that ISP site had changed it from 180-220 to 180-200. I didn't go to the site to confirm this. Now a weight estimate is not there at all?

Someone posted yesterday that ISP site had changed it from 180-220 to 180-200. I didn't go to the site to confirm this. Now a weight estimate is not there at all?

I did not see it on Carrol County police FB. (Off topic - they must be overwhelmed. Photos of people, arrested for throwing fireworks out of the car windows, obviously under the influence, abandoned dogs, horrible car accidents. Not fun).

The FBI put 2:30 as the "last seen" time. They did not specify it was from Libby's video, so IMO, it could be from the video, the audio, a witness, the approx. TOD, etc.

This is JMO, but BG was not last seen on the bridge during the video. He was last seen by the girls the moment they died in the woods. And while we don't know whether witnesses saw BG before or after the murders, Carter (at the April PC) and Holeman (in the Fox59 interview, I believe) have said there is a witness or witnesses.

Maybe 2:07 is the factual SC photo time, and maybe 2:30 is the bridge video time, but as unpopular as it makes me, I can't consider either of those times accurate until I have some kind of confirmation. The entire timeline depends on this information.
That's fine. I was responding to a post asking about the billboards. The last seen billboard time came from LE and was accompanied by the still pic. The viewers decide what it means.

The ISP have stated he is the killer of Abby and Libby. Why the doubting what they've told the public? I don't understand?

"Please keep in mind that the person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls" Carter said. "This is not two people speaking. Please listen to it very, very carefully."

“When you see the video, watch the person’s mannerisms as they walk,” ISP Supt. Doug Carter said. “Do you recognize the mannerisms as being someone that you might know?”

"The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the sketch... is the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls," Carter said."

ISP says new audio, video and sketch shows Delphi killer
Yes! Thank you!

I don't understand why facebook posts and GH video call-ins are taken at face value, while LE is not.

I realize some of LE's statements are vague. Frustratingly so. But if we completely dismiss all the information they give us, all we have left are rumors.

It's really easy to claim LE lies because they're idiots, and ignore the fact that the investigation is ongoing and might change directions. Who cares that they know WAY more than we do, or the families do, or facebook posters do, or GH does, right? Everyone can decide for themselves what is fact, so long as it makes that day's theory work.

People provide reliable links, like interviews with LE, but that's not good enough. The few facts LE have given are highly questioned, and then replaced with something from the rumor mill because that seems to fill in the holes better. To us.

IMO, if we are going to ignore the information LE gives us, than we all need to quit complaining about the lack of information released.

Last edited:
I don't think he lived in Kentucky. I think he possibly lived close enough for the girls to hide out at his place. My curiosity is why he isn't mentioned anywhere else as the other siblings, half siblings, step family, bio family, family by marriage etc. all seem to be mentioned as "family".
Sorry I misunderstood your post that began with the following

"If the brother lived in Kentucky at that time this is an odd quote from DB: etc"

(I don't actually know who DB is referring to TBH)

Last edited:
Yes! Thank you!

I don't understand why facebook posts and GH video call-ins are taken at face value, while LE is not.

I realize some of LE's statements are vague. Frustratingly so. But if we completely dismiss all the information they give us, all we have left are rumors.

It's really easy to claim LE lies because they're idiots, and ignore the fact that the investigation is ongoing and might change directions. Who cares that they know WAY more than we do, or the families do, or facebook posters do, or GH does, right? Everyone can decide for themselves what is fact, so long as it makes that day's theory work.

People provide reliable links, like interviews with LE, but that's not good enough. The few facts LE has given are highly questioned, then replaced with something from the rumor mill because that seems to fill the holes better. To us.

IMO, if we are going to ignore the information LE gives us, than we all need to quit complain about the lack of information released.

But you yourself were questioning the billboard "Last seen 2.30" that had come from the FBI so I think it is just a sign of frustration I think. I do agree with you here though.

But you yourself were questioning the billboard "Last seen 2.30" that had come from the FBI so I think it is just a sign of frustration I think. I do agree with you here though.
It is a sign of frustration. You're right. We all are because we want justice for those girls and their families.

As for the billboard, I'm not questioning the time, I'm questioning that the time is connected to the photo. I think of it like a missing person poster, or a wanted poster with a mug shot on it. Those often have a "last seen" time, also, but it's clearly not the time of the included photograph.

It very well may be that 2:30 was the video, but because LE has said there is a witness(es), I can't assume the photo is where LE thinks he was last seen. It's also never been mentioned again.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember the approximate height/weight of the BG? It was on the police website, but I can not find it now.

“According to an FBI description, the suspect weighs between 180 and 200 pounds and stands between 5 feet, 6 inches tall and 5 feet, 8 inchestall. He was wearing blue jeans, a blue jacket or coat and a hoodie at the time of the killings.”

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #110
post #12

“According to an FBI description, the suspect weighs between 180 and 200 pounds and stands between 5 feet, 6 inches tall and 5 feet, 8 inchestall. He was wearing blue jeans, a blue jacket or coat and a hoodie at the time of the killings.”

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #110
post #12

The FBI still has his height as 5'6" to 5'10", and 180-200 lbs.

UNKNOWN SUSPECT — FBI

Are there any local sources that list his description? I've always thought it was strange that the description isn't on the ISP site.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure law enforcement have been clear that bridge guy is the murderer of Abigail and Liberty. If the attack starts seconds after he is captured on Liberty’s phone they must be pretty sure he is the one who did this.
However, Tobe Leazenby states that the actual attack was not captured on the phone. And, LE have NOT ruled out more than one person. There's nothing that precludes BG from "herding" the girls to the south end of the bridge and "down the hill" into the hands of someone else or others. JMHO.

However, Tobe Leazenby states that the actual attack was not captured on the phone. And, LE have NOT ruled out more than one person. There's nothing that precludes BG from "herding" the girls to the south end of the bridge and "down the hill" into the hands of someone else or others. JMHO.

The crime starts seconds after the video, the initial kidnapping whether by force or trickery.

The crime starts seconds after the video, the initial kidnapping whether by force or trickery.
Agreed. But the post I was responding to related to BG being the unequivocal killer of the girls, which is NOT an ABSOLUTE certainty. Yes, the "crime" began immediately after the video what captured. The rest is speculation on our part as we do not know what LE might know, and they have not ruled out more than one person. That, is a fact.

Ok so we have 2.07 Abby/Libby last seen, 2.30 suspect last seen, just before criminal activity begins yet the recording does not capture the actual attack. So what could the criminal activity be? Deception, impersonating a LEO, robbery, offensive or threatening behaviour, abducting, kidnapping, anything else?

Ok so we have 2.07 Abby/Libby last seen, 2.30 suspect last seen, just before criminal activity begins yet the recording does not capture the actual attack. So what could the criminal activity be? Deception, impersonating a LEO, robbery, offensive or threatening behaviour, abducting, kidnapping, anything else?
Stalking, intimidation, assault, battery, sexual assault...unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova