Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO no. I think he is young, and like Patterson spinning some tale from the the current dark side of youth culture, about being a bronze age barbarian and killing to be powerful.

JP seems to be pre-kindergarten emotionally, and such a loser that he flew under all radars. I think that peculiar trait, expressionless face, worked for him, he did not look like a killer, he probably was unnoticed anywhere he went.

I was thinking that if BG killed before, and if he is currently young, then maybe he had just gotten his driver's license around the time of Elizabeth & Lyric at age 16 in 2012 and went for a trip to Idaho. So now he'd be about 23.

Do you think he's killed before? Same style of killing? Do you think he's a serial killer?

Short story.

Say a guy who was a creepy convicted whacker offer among other crimes like DV, drove to the potential crime scene, was seen by the girls and he was already on probation and in the SOR, knew he would get sent to prison again if reported and instantly or more like instinctively decided to kill the witnesses because he saw they were videoing him?

This dude could have stolen a vehicle which was reported stolen, I think, by an employer back in the beginning. It was her sons truck I think he let him use it to sleep under a bridge at night. Not the Monon Bridge but another. I believe she fired him. Then nothing else was said. I'd have to dig for that info, if it's legit.

This person as of about this time last year made it known he had found religion. Shaved his head at one point. Forgot to tell it honestly like he was portrayed in the news, with a not so nice looking criminal record in front of the public who knew his prior crimes. smh

I'm saying it's probably something really sad like there's not enough DNA or none? An alibi that can't be cracked?

Or he hitched hiked to the bridge which is more than likely. Maybe looking for a job at the pig factory or just doing what he does being homeless and all.

2nd sketch throws me though. jmo

Say this possible suspect...

News casters and most tv actors don't sound like they have accents to me. They sound 'normal'. Are linguistics saying that all the people we hear, even on tv, has different accents depending on where they live? If so, why do most people on tv sound similar even though they're from different regions?
I use the example of tv because that covers the various US state...
Obviously, theres a few obvious ones out there....like Boston or southern, but most people across the country sound basically the same to me...

It's all over the map what BG looks like (two totally different pics). And as many have said, it's all 'over the map' what his age is.
All we got left is linguistics, and just based on one sentence. The one police chief said there was not a lot of DNA. I forget his name.
Kudos to you all for sticking with this, but I don't see how they're going to solve it. I hope I'm wrong.

If the perp's age is unknown...
And we have two totally different pics of him... AND the Police investigator said there was not a lot of DNA...
So, if all that's left is linguistics, I don't see how they're going to solve this case UNLESS LE has more than what they're telling us. (And of course if a more recent murder somehow gets linked to this case).
Kudos to those of you who keep hope alive in this case.

The good thing is law enforcement have confirmed he “made mistakes” and that is going to be his undoing. I do not believe there is no dna or forensic evidence he would have needed to be wearing a forensic suit for him not to leave behind some evidence. Being caught on video on Liberty’s phone was a massive blunder and who knows what other mistakes he made.
I wonder, if he has enough of things, which poisoned his life for 1-2 decades (maybe even previous killing/s) and gradually longs for an end, unconsciously made mistakes?

News casters and most tv actors don't sound like they have accents to me. They sound 'normal'. Are linguistics saying that all the people we hear, even on tv, has different accents depending on where they live? If so, why do most people on tv sound similar even though they're from different regions?
Obviously, theres a few obvious ones out there....like Boston or southern, but most people across the country sound basically the same to me...

BBM

Not everyone is sensitive to these accents, aware of the differences. And, just as people can become "nose blind" to smells & essentially grow so used to a smell that we're not aware of it, this can happen with accents.

Additionally, TV personalities are often coached to minimize any accent so that more people feel the newscaster sounds "just like me." The "normal" you, and most of us, hear:

Charlize Theron speaks "unaccented" North American English and Afrikaans in this clip. Think about the movie Invictus, Matt Damon learned to speak in a South African accent for the film:

JMHO YMMV

RIP Abby & Libby, awaiting justice for you!

Although LE said NBG sketch was drawn just a few d after Feb 13 in collaboration with a witness, ... it COULD be that LE interviewed someone a few days after Feb 13, they now believe HIM to be BG/or accomplice, SOOOOO they invited public well in advance, included many different triggers in the wording of the PC and unveiled the NBG sketch" (a drawing of the one they suspect) all an elaborate ruse to put direct pressure on a *known* NBG?

LE may believe him to be BG ... or an Accomplice ... may be intentionally confusing community members to stir up more chatter, generate more tips?

Last edited:
Could LE (with a BG KNOWN to them) have taken the *guys* soundbite from another time and place of this KNOWN person speaking to community members (perhaps in his role as a group member or group leader of some sort) in order for more townspeople to come forward saying they recognize the voice and present themselves for interviews at which LE might glean more info for the case?

IDK. Feel free to poke holes. I'm no legal expert.

Although LE said NBG sketch was drawn just a few d after Feb 13 in collaboration with a witness, ... it COULD be that LE interviewed someone a few days after Feb 13, they now believe HIM to be BG/or accomplice, SOOOOO they invited public well in advance, included many different triggers in the wording of the PC and unveiled the NBG sketch" (a drawing of the one they suspect) all an elaborate ruse to put direct pressure on a *known* NBG?

LE may believe him to be BG ... or an Accomplice ... may be intentionally confusing community members to stir up more chatter, generate more tips?
I agree. As well, I also agree that something definitely happened between the February 2019 press conference and the April 2019 PC. Something has come to light! DC saying they were onto something early on, Tobe Leazenby stating that he knew that voice or it sounded familiar, and recently in an interview with MVT states that the community will be shocked when an arrest is made, indicates to me they have someone in particular in mind. How does he know the community will be shocked? It certainly strikes down my last POI as I doubt anyone would find it “shocking” that he is capable of murder.

BG has been in their face. Hiding in plain sight. Wants to know what they know. May be in this room! I believe what’s missing at this point is, enough evidence to convict. To go forward with an arrest would be foolishness. They really do need that proverbial “one tip”. I desperately hope they get it!

Welcome to WS. I wonder if there are two involved. LE said the new sketch is the person responsible for the murders, so possibly not the murderer? That and the age range brings up the possibility of an accomplice, as some posters have said maybe two brothers, friends or even father and son. The other possibility is perhaps someone 40 who looks in his 20's. It is a weird conundrum and I wish LE would clarify.
I wish LE had never released that one stupid word lol. It was literally the worst sample they could have chosen. It almost seems like they picked that sample to confuse people more.

IMO they intentionally shared the word ”Guys”, at the same time as the new sketch, because it sounds like it could have been spoken by someone in a broader age category, or younger, than the original perception of BG. Remember when they released “Down the hill”? To me, it sounded like a 40+ y.o., every-day smoker, which seemed to fit with the originally released picture of BG, and my initial personal perception. The sound clip “Guys” fits better with the new, younger-looking sketch

When DC spoke about the full sound clip in April, he said something like, “this is one-person speaking”, and he reiterated it to make a point. It wasn’t to confuse people; but to paint a clearer picture of who BG is. The purpose was to convince someone who knows BG, (maybe someone on the fence); and to get the word out about the younger appearing sketch, and new ‘intelligence’ to a large audience. If LE didn’t release “Guys” with the new sketch, it would be hard to convince people BG was less than 40.

Can you imagine how many posts we would have written and read about how impossible it was that the person who said “down the hill” was between the ages of 18 and 40? Ugh

It's all over the map what BG looks like (two totally different pics). And as many have said, it's all 'over the map' what his age is.
All we got left is linguistics, and just based on one sentence. The one police chief said there was not a lot of DNA. I forget his name.
Kudos to you all for sticking with this, but I don't see how they're going to solve it. I hope I'm wrong.

I think people need to remember two very important things when looking at this case:

First, the video from Liberty German's phone is the enhanced close up version. Even I forgot this. This means the killer was actually standing much farther away on the bridge than the video would make you believe. I think that was probably because Liberty German did not want the man to realize he was being videotaped.

Second, the two sketches and why they are so different is not very hard to understand. Police do not have an enhanced enough version to make a conclusion as to what the killer looks like. The first sketch was based on the first eyewitness description. In my opinion, the 2nd sketch is based on the police's new eyewitness information, whatever that may be. When they say the man in the sketch is the same as the man in the video on Liberty German's phone it is because they think the witness information and description is credible enough to make that statement and link to their bridge guy suspect. It has nothing to do with them making that statement as fact. This is probably what confuses so many people.

So police have no idea who killed Abigail Williams and Liberty German. They have a general description from a video that someone, someday may recognize, but that is it. That is what this case is, a day-to-day case. Someone might get lucky and recognize the suspect and phone/email it in. And if police have physical evidence the case might get solved tomorrow. On the other hand, the general description from the video and confusion over the sketches could cause this case to go on for a long time.

I've seen cases with video's, but usually from surveillance cameras. None that I can think of right off with audio. Several with sketches. But what is REALLY weird to me is a case where LE has one sketch and then comes up much later with an entirely different sketch - I know I've never seen THAT happen before. Then LE doesn't release the reasoning or details behind the drastic change.

It’s possible.

I’m from the NE (NY/NJ), but lived most of my life in the south. I have zero NJ/NY accent even when I go back and visit the family (the conversations tend to be like My Cousin Vinny accent wise). I’ve lived in the south a LONG time and I’ve completely shed any accent I previously had.

I’m in the minority on here and I think BG is young, like currently 18-22. I don’t know that he’d have time to completely shed an accent so you could be right.

TBH I don’t hear any accent at all when I listen to the audio.

Im getting accent-topic reader fatigue but can’t stop myself from reading and writing about it. :)
1) Yep, agreed. I don’t hear an accent. And, if BG has one, that he actually uses, the sound clip isn’t long enough for us to clearly determine.
2) LE, more than likely, has a much larger voice sample.
3) Linguistics is important, but not an exact science.
4) Accents are so easily manipulated. I was born in the Bronx, and have lived in other locations/states, and while my whole family has an accent, I don’t. It’s partially effected by my age when we moved and where we moved, yet purposeful as a teenager and adult.

Maybe these are more easily recognizable accents, so this is not earth-shattering and impressive expertise, but I can clearly recognize regional accents in NH and MA (outside of Boston, Boston, and South Boston), South Philly, PA in general; and of course the general Southern accent, the deep-South, general mid-west accent, WI and NE, but not mid-west region specific.

All that said, it’s important. For example, in the new murder investigation from last week in Anchorage, Alaska, LE said they recognized the offender’s voiced, primarily due to his obvious South African accent. (I’m not linking due to time constraint.)

Im not sure what i think anymore lol.

- its possible he is a serial killer...he's done it before and that explains his illusiveness and ability to avoid capture for over 2 years.

- There is a killer on the loose, but there doesn't/hasnt appeared to me to be a sense of urgency or expectancy that he would strike again. I dont recall a single LE officer say the standard line about other kids in danger until BG is caught. That gives me pause....makes me think no...not a serial killer.

- i think the consensus is that most see BG with something/supplies with him that he used to carry out his crime. That leads me to think heneas prepared, perhaps from previously committing a similar act?

- Does someone kill 2 girls and thats it? Perhaps if it were personal, i guessm. But it seems like whatever gratification or satisfaction he got out of it, would be a need that would have to be met again.

Ultimately I have no idea what to think anymore. Poke holes in what i posted....help me narrow down all these possibilities lol.

What about u? Do u think he is a serial killer?
Im not sure what i think anymore lol.

- its possible he is a serial killer...he's done it before and that explains his illusiveness and ability to avoid capture for over 2 years.

- There is a killer on the loose, but there doesn't/hasnt appeared to me to be a sense of urgency or expectancy that he would strike again. I dont recall a single LE officer say the standard line about other kids in danger until BG is caught. That gives me pause....makes me think no...not a serial killer.

- i think the consensus is that most see BG with something/supplies with him that he used to carry out his crime. That leads me to think heneas prepared, perhaps from previously committing a similar act?

- Does someone kill 2 girls and thats it? Perhaps if it were personal, i guessm. But it seems like whatever gratification or satisfaction he got out of it, would be a need that would have to be met again.

Ultimately I have no idea what to think anymore. Poke holes in what i posted....help me narrow down all these possibilities lol.

What about u? Do u think he is a serial killer?
ScumbagTrav, I just spent some time replying to this but my post isn't showing, I'm going to wait a bit and see if it pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaus28