Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #125

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you dwell on it, and the fact that it was broad daylight and the middle of the day, it seems surreal that two girls were actually murdered.

So what could be different from the official version that could allow this happen? Or, what could provide the killer with an “obvious” alibi? Being one of the group? Being one of the search group? Being a person officially repairing the bridge?

Is that a possible version? That he could be one of the group,

I actually posted on Reddit about the fact that RL’s truck was impounded by the Crime Lab and that it may indicate that maybe there were thoughts by LE or evidence that the girls were in a vehicle at some point. My post was rejected and not posted. I messaged a moderator twice to see if I said something wrong or why it was not posted. I have messaged 2 times and still no response. Could I have touched a neve or what do you think? Usually they tell you why something can’t be posted.

Odd indeed

What Plan A going to Plan B means to me is they were probably 95% sure they had their guy, they may have gotten 28 different tips that said, "Boy the photo sure looks like John Doe".... but then when they went to get evidence of John Doe's involvement... they then got iron clad proof that he COULD NOT have been there... Like video and a debit receipt of him entering a Pizza Hut in town at the time stamp of Libby's video. Or, him being at work all day in his job and his supervisor swearing to it because it is a small operation.

What I think COULD HAVE HAPPENED, is that BG happens to look a lot like someone that lives in town but is actually from another town in Indiana. They give up on the first sketch because they know it does not look like the guy who looks like BG.

just speculating.

So what could be different from the official version that could allow this happen? Or, what could provide the killer with an “obvious” alibi? Being one of the group? Being one of the search group? Being a person officially repairing the bridge?

Is that a possible version? That he could be one of the group,
Or being somehow part of the trail maintenance system as has been suggested by @rosesfromangels in the past? Because the fact of at least 10 people being in the vicinity in broad daylight on a mild day is just so out of joint with murder, unless it is in fact a “hiding in plain sight scenario”. This fact probably is the key of keys.

What Plan A going to Plan B means to me is they were probably 95% sure they had their guy, they may have gotten 28 different tips that said, "Boy the photo sure looks like John Doe".... but then when they went to get evidence of John Doe's involvement... they then got iron clad proof that he COULD NOT have been there... Like video and a debit receipt of him entering a Pizza Hut in town at the time stamp of Libby's video. Or, him being at work all day in his job and his supervisor swearing to it because it is a small operation.

What I think COULD HAVE HAPPENED, is that BG happens to look a lot like someone that lives in town but is actually from another town in Indiana. They give up on the first sketch because they know it does not look like the guy who looks like BG.

just speculating.
That makes a great deal of sense.

just speculating.

I agree with this. And I think I know who they believed sketch #1 was...he's not in the usual cast of characters that's mentioned here, though he did come up right at the beginning. He fits in many ways...known felon for serious sex crimes against this age group, ringer for the sketch, and from a town close to Delphi. And, I think he possibly had the misfortune of not being at his job that day so they leaned on him very hard. However, I think that he was eliminated some other way, possibly through DNA, and they can't get around this result. So they changed directions.

Oh, no, I didn’t expect anyone to be cleared on the stage, this would be from tabloid talk show genre, not podcast, lol. Still a difference.

“On the scene?” Never. But because LE said that they had not yet cleared a single person before they came up with these two podcasts, I started thinking that theoretically, given the situation, they could have invited BG on the podcast, not knowing it. And then I imagined how it would sound like.

But they did not, of course. Instead, came another commercial product, somewhat better done. My main point is - in no way do I view DTH as an official source of information.No more than Dr. Oz, sorry. (At least Dr. Oz has more audience and is the way to attract nation’s attention to the case). I also thought that if instead of PCs all we are getting from LE now are podcasts, the state of affairs must be miserable ((.

So my dream is - that they would finally make a dedicated professional task group, look at all information with a fresh eye, and solve the case. If it is solvable. If not, warn the public. But the perp is a major public danger, so deal with him accordingly.

I agree a task force dedicated to the case would be ideal. There have been several task forces created specifically for apprehending persons responsible for
violent crimes (Green River killer, GSK/EAR are two that come to mind). I have also discovered that NW Indiana has created a task force for several unsolved murders. Why can't Delphi? I'm sure the FBI's Major Task Force Unit would be happy to help.

A little about NW IN Task Force can be found here:
Northwest Indiana – Major Crimes Task Force

Oh, no, I didn’t expect anyone to be cleared on the stage, this would be from tabloid talk show genre, not podcast, lol. Still a difference.

“On the scene?” Never. But because LE said that they had not yet cleared a single person before they came up with these two podcasts, I started thinking that theoretically, given the situation, they could have invited BG on the podcast, not knowing it. And then I imagined how it would sound like.

But they did not, of course. Instead, came another commercial product, somewhat better done. My main point is - in no way do I view DTH as an official source of information.No more than Dr. Oz, sorry. (At least Dr. Oz has more audience and is the way to attract nation’s attention to the case). I also thought that if instead of PCs all we are getting from LE now are podcasts, the state of affairs must be miserable ((.

So my dream is - that they would finally make a dedicated professional task group, look at all information with a fresh eye, and solve the case. If it is solvable. If not, warn the public. But the perp is a major public danger, so deal with him accordingly.

Thank you for explaining your opinion, now I can understand better what you mean. If only family, friends, and experts who have no official involvement with the Delphi case were interviewed, then I'd be inclined to agree with you. However, when both the public information officer for the case and the superintendent of the task force lead agency give on the record comments to accredited journalists (as was the case for the podcast "Down the Hill") I consider that as much official as any MSM news article.

Today as I was looking through some FB posts in my area (Nebraska) there was a post warning about a young man who has been luring young girls , ages around 13-14 to meet him. Says he is a camp counselor....but has attempted to kidnap in the The past. Showed a picture of him - reddish hair, with and without a beard. WHOA- looked like BG!! I am sure it’s purely coincidental but sure made me take a 2nd look

And why was RL’s truck impounded? To me that indicates not that he did it but that LE thought the girls were in a vehicle at some point.

Or suspected that he murdered the girls, and jumped in his car to get to a different location to change, clean up, and dispose of evidence. Maybe they were looking for trace blood or hairs.

All moot I guess as I believe he’s not a suspect.

I agree with this. And I think I know who they believed sketch #1 was...he's not in the usual cast of characters that's mentioned here, though he did come up right at the beginning. He fits in many ways...known felon for serious sex crimes against this age group, ringer for the sketch, and from a town close to Delphi. And, I think he possibly had the misfortune of not being at his job that day so they leaned on him very hard. However, I think that he was eliminated some other way, possibly through DNA, and they can't get around this result. So they changed directions.

ce?

Or suspected that he murdered the girls, and jumped in his car to get to a different location to change, clean up, and dispose of evidence. Maybe they were looking for trace blood or hairs.

All moot I guess as I believe he’s not a suspect.
He is not a suspect and any suggestion of such is unwarranted and off limits.

No, I'm thinking of someone whose name came up in the investigation much earlier on and who actually lives in a neighboring county to Delphi. He's mentioned on these threads back in the very beginning but unlike DN and CE etc has never been named in a MSM article to my knowledge.

If they can't get around DNA, interestingly, did other things match? MO? Was he anywhere close to Delphi that day? Any alibi at all?

After all, DNA could be placed as well. Especially if sources are such that people don't usually think about when they discard it (e.g., a cup, an empty beer or coke bottle, a carton from used food, a cigarette butt, any plastic utensils, etc, etc.)

Or being somehow part of the trail maintenance system as has been suggested by @rosesfromangels in the past? Because the fact of at least 10 people being in the vicinity in broad daylight on a mild day is just so out of joint with murder, unless it is in fact a “hiding in plain sight scenario”. This fact probably is the key of keys.
Yes, trail maintenance has been a long standing theory for me, but maybe too obvious? One would hope those folks were scrutinized early on...

amateur opinion and speculation

"...sketches really aren’t for people who don’t know the person."

That quote is a little confusing. For example, when I submitted my tip to LE I thought I knew who bridge guy was, even if I did not know him personally. So I thought I knew who he was even though I did not know his name. I only had a description along with a possible occupation. I thought about not submitting my tip because I did not know his name or any other identifying information.

If they can't get around DNA, interestingly, did other things match? MO? Was he anywhere close to Delphi that day? Any alibi at all?

After all, DNA could be placed as well. Especially if sources are such that people don't usually think about when they discard it (e.g., a cup, an empty beer or coke bottle, a carton from used food, a cigarette butt, any plastic utensils, etc, etc.)

I don't want to say too much for two reasons. One, he's never been mentioned in a MSM article as someone they are looking into and two, I think they had to (probably) reluctantly clear this person. However, he is discussed in early threads on this case.

However, the reason I think LE looked into him so carefully was that he was local (next county over), was a sex offender who had been to jail for a very serious crime against a young girl, with an MO that might have shared similarities with the Delphi murders (hard to say as there's much we don't know about the abduction for Abby and Libby or the weapon if there was one). The only things I know about his alibi are hearsay.

We do know that LE made a beeline to knock on local sex offenders' doors and I believe this guy was the top of the list as LE are aware of the known bad actors. However, since the change to Sketch #2 (who he doesn't resemble) I think they must have covered him and that's the reason for switching gears, like @Justice101 speculates.

That quote is a little confusing. For example, when I submitted my tip to LE I thought I knew who bridge guy was, even if I did not know him personally. So I thought I knew who he was even though I did not know his name. I only had a description along with a possible occupation. I thought about not submitting my tip because I did not know his name or any other identifying information.

It means "know' as in you live with, work with, are friends with, or associate with the person. You know them personally in such a way that you can recognize their features in an imperfect rendering. Not "know" as in "being sure you are right." IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldeBiddy