Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #126

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or more like shark-like determination and lack of fear. I know what you mean but I don’t want to use the term “guts” for that creep!

The WM
The irony is that even though "The Silence of the Lambs" is a movie, the lesson is still the same in real life. The map points in the movie as well as any other forensic evidence meant very little without a name of a suspect.

Until I re-watched the movie I realized I had forgotten about an important plot point. From the very beginning, Lecter knew who Buffalo Bill was.

Even though the cases and the locations could be linked by what the killer in the movie does to the bodies(as well as any other forensic evidence left on them), without a name, the cases would have remained unsolved. The killer seemed to cover his tracks regarding where he purchased his insects too.

This is only my opinion, but the reason that movie was so good was how subtle it was regarding what Lecter knew. The movie really is a quid pro quo conversation between two people, one who has information that the other wants. A level of trust is developed that culminates in the story about the lambs and how it impacts Clarice's life. And even then Lecter does not give her the name.

So how is this related to the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German? None of us knows what type of information or evidence the police have regarding this killer, but police may have evidence. The missing piece might be that they need that name to connect it to a person.
"He covets, and how do we begin to covet?"
"We covet what we see, every day."

BBM

I wasn't aware of that, can you please provide your source. It also changes my poi.

Thank you!
I'm missing my answer to you. Don't know, if posting didn't work?? So, my answer is: Mum AW said it in a video, which you will find several pages back. :)

I have followed Abby and Libby since day 1 and to say that I am dismayed that we are still trying to find their killer would be an understatement.

MOO

I believe that BG's close family may either be aware that of what he has done or certainly suspects that he may be the killer. I have thought this very early on.

I had hoped that during this whole Covid nightmare that something would pop. Being in close quarters, lockdowns, quarantines, etc., might jog someone in his circle to get out from under and take their suspicions to LE.

Everyone is under stress and I was really hoping that someone, somewhere would finally let something slip or that a significant "other" would do what needs to be done and "out" this person.

Sigh....but we still wait.

MOO

Christensen has more bodies I suspect, many more.
According to what he stated, yes. However, he does clear of evidence, obviously, so his MO might be different. Report of another Champagne student that BC tried to abduct by pretending be an undercover officer
Witness says accused U. of I. killer Brendt Christensen tried to get her into his car by posing as undercover cop
is interesting, as several people even in this thread, having listened to the recording of BG, noticed his authority notes when speaking to the girls.

The WM

"He covets, and how do we begin to covet?"
"We covet what we see, every day."

I would assume, “triangulating” information from BC murder, and Samantha N’s murder (cases can be different, but the perps might have the same tendencies) that the Delphi perp might, too, like BC, covet petite girls. In Samantha N’s case (we have a thread, here), it is possible that the murderer has some sort of a signature, and that he takes something from the place. I am wondering if he is preoccupied with numbers, not as much dates as numbers. but this is my own feeling.

I was reading this article from 2017 and a line in here stood out like a sore thumb. 25th anniversary for the film was Valentine's Day.
Silence of the Lambs 25th anniversary: untold tales of Oscar film – Deadline

The murders of Netherlands, they were found on 4/22. I was trying to remember whose B-day was that, probably, Vladimir Lenin. But assuming the victims were probably killed the day before, and perhaps the exact date might not be that important, (in Delphi case, it was the day before), 4/20 is the b-day of Hitler, and the Columbine.
As to the Val-day, i’d look at Chicago massacre and people around it. We don’t know if the person is preoccupied with romance, or with Chicago history,

Last edited:
I have followed Abby and Libby since day 1 and to say that I am dismayed that we are still trying to find their killer would be an understatement.

MOO

I believe that BG's close family may either be aware that of what he has done or certainly suspects that he may be the killer. I have thought this very early on.

I had hoped that during this whole Covid nightmare that something would pop. Being in close quarters, lockdowns, quarantines, etc., might jog someone in his circle to get out from under and take their suspicions to LE.

Everyone is under stress and I was really hoping that someone, somewhere would finally let something slip or that a significant "other" would do what needs to be done and "out" this person.

Sigh....but we still wait.

MOO

It might be useless to appeal to their sense of duty or anything. I think the only thing is, they assume he won’t be found. The shame on the family if he is, though, is something I’d think of.

I'm excited because ......
(Off topic: PE guys are beginning work on the Delphi case (btw, state police have asked them to pull back for a bit, but they will move forward soon)!! Thursday, Rebecca Zahau case will be discussed, and tomorrow they are on Court TV).

Starts at 1:35: 30. (...... video follows)
Post #185 on SM thread
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46
PE= Profiling Evil
Does that mean ISP is close to making an arrest?

Does that mean ISP is close to making an arrest?

I wondered this too because the ISP participated readily in more than one podcast over the last year in the interest of "getting the word out to the right person who can help us" so what makes this one different? Unless the quality of the podcast is really low/unprofessional and they don't want to be involved in it. (I have never listened to it.)

Can I find the map without watching the movie again?
Probably
Can I find the map without watching the movie again?
I'm sure it's on youtube or something and you can just pause it. I can say with ninety-nine percent confidence the red arrow points to Delphi, I just don't know if it's purely coincidence.

The release date of Valentine’s Day 1991 is a non-starter for me. The girls were killed on February 13th. If a killer is going to be all about numbers and dates and anniversaries, I would think he would get the date right. Not almost the date, but the actual date. Just my thoughts.

The release date of Valentine’s Day 1991 is a non-starter for me. The girls were killed on February 13th. If a killer is going to be all about numbers and dates and anniversaries, I would think he would get the date right. Not almost the date, but the actual date. Just my thoughts.

My thoughts exactly. How could BG have predicted they would not have been found the night of their actual deaths...the 13th? Or even that it might take a few days to find them depending on what occurred at the scene? It's a non-starter for me as well.

Probably

I'm sure it's on youtube or something and you can just pause it. I can say with ninety-nine percent confidence the red arrow points to Delphi, I just don't know if it's purely coincidence.

Sometimes coincidences are just that, coincidences. They only seem to matter when they actually mean something. It is like the Delphi calendar date of Abigail Williams and Liberty German's murders when read backwards 2-13-17 comes out as the date Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins were kidnapped in Evansdale, Iowa, 7-13-12.

Does it mean anything? That is up to you to decide.

Sometimes coincidences are just that, coincidences. They only seem to matter when they actually mean something. It is like the Delphi calendar date of Abigail Williams and Liberty German's murders when read backwards 2-13-17 comes out as the date Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins were kidnapped in Evansdale, Iowa, 7-13-12.

Does it mean anything? That is up to you to decide.
In isolation....interesting "coincidence". Add this "coincidence" to the profile and looks of the teens, the outdoor circumstances, and whatever else we can connect....and YES. I'd say this is quite relevant. Quite.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member