Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #126

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though admonishments to others about the dangers of DNA tests and not to give blood may be a little less likely (younger members of the family would probably view such an admonishment as in invitation to openly speculate), I think the idea of the older BG personal having a quiet protector is not improbable at all.

(S&BBM)

^^^This.

(And -- hypothetically speaking, of course -- whether or not such a "protector" is a parent, a sibling in the area, or just a good friend with whom the killer has always been in touch, that person *is* still "protecting" the killer. Just sayin'.

But -- who knows? -- maybe the "protector" doesn't even **know** the word "accomplice". Is that even *possible*, to "cover" for a relative or a good friend, without knowing/understanding the legal implications of such "protecting"? Hard to imagine...)

Yes I agree anything is possible.

I’ll admit I’ve always been curious if there was a specific reason Libby sent the SC photos almost immediately after she took them although it may’ve been nothing more than routine habit.

But it’s always struck me as an unusual coincidence if there’s absolutely no connection - to become randomly selected victims of an unknown murderer, shortly after that SC was sent to various online recipients announcing their presence on the bridge.

JMO
Exactly.

considering the whole trip to the bridge was put together kinda spur of the moment, I would think that wasn’t the case.
Respectfully snipped for focus and commentary response.
I have never believed the trip was spur of the moment. I think they were waiting to be contacted for a rendezvous, and it came through. I realize this speculation is not a popular theory with many, and I am not seeking to instigate disagreement. This is truly what I believe. It's just my deductive reasoning on what propelled them to the bridge that day, and how they intersected with the murderer.

Amateur opinion and speculation

But it’s always struck me as an unusual coincidence if there’s absolutely no connection - to become randomly selected victims of an unknown murderer, shortly after that SC was sent to various online recipients announcing their presence on the bridge.
Right. Their presence is announced, and the murderer appears.

Anyone watch the latest GH episode about Delphi? Any new information?

I have never believed the trip was spur of the moment. I think they were waiting to be contacted for a rendezvous, and it came through. I realize this speculation is not a popular theory with many, and I am not seeking to instigate disagreement. This is truly what I believe. It's just my deductive reasoning on what propelled them to the bridge that day, and how they intersected with the murderer.

You are certainly not alone in thinking this and I appreciate everybody’s opinion. I’m just going from the narrative from BP and Kelsi.
It’s OK if we disagree. We’re all friends here hoping for justice for Abby and Libby.

You are certainly not alone in thinking this and I appreciate everybody’s opinion. I’m just going from the narrative from BP and Kelsi.
It’s OK if we disagree. We’re all friends here hoping for justice for Abby and Libby.

yep I’m with ya. The ‘catfish’ and ‘geocaching’ angles seem way off to me, but what do I know until they announce an arrest. We all want justice for those girls. Hard to believe we’re over 3.5 years In with no arrest :(

But -- who knows? -- maybe the "protector" doesn't even **know** the word "accomplice". Is that even *possible*, to "cover" for a relative or a good friend, without knowing/understanding the legal implications of such "protecting"? Hard to imagine...)

I can see such a possibility:

"Priscilla" is an elderly woman who has little formal education and little experience with the larger world outside of her experience as a rural mid western farm wife. As a result, she has little understanding or interest in the legal definitions of "accomplice", nor does she have any knowledge of the implications the definition.

Lacking a formal education, however, does not always mean "unintelligent"- especially in Priscilla's generation. Priscilla is astute. She has cared for "Wally" (son, nephew, brother etc) for years and knows his interests, habits and mannerisms. She may quietly note and tolerate an interest by Wally for say, *advertiser censored*, but does not facilitate it.

Priscilla is also aware of the murders and notes the specific circumstances in which they occurred. Being astute, she also noted a that the circumstances of the murders may coincide with Wally's activities or interests. Likewise, she also noted a change in Wally before or after the crimes.

Priscilla's suspicions are raised. She, however, does not face the reality of Wally being the actual perpetrator. Instead, she goes into a quitely efficient protective mode.

I'm sure Kelsi or her grandparents said that Libby and Abby had wanted a lift to bridge the day before. Wouldn't the police have checked out the people who could have viewed the photos?

Having said that, I have at least a partial theory which is probably way off the mark (and probably discussed before), but Abby is the key person in it. In the snapchat photo it is of solely Abby, not Abby and Libby, just Abby. I don't know the sort of photos Libby used to take, but most teenage girls take selfies, especially if they're sharing them with friends. If 'they' were intending to meet someone thrre, wouldn't they share a photo of 'them'?

Interesting point about the selfie @I wonder.. Usually when i post pictures of any sort, i am included in the picture. :p :) (unless scenery or something, i.e. like the photo of the bridge Libby took).. Hmm.

I also don't see anything weird about the immediate upload of the photos to Snapchat. It appears they were added on her story (I don't know if her stories were public, private, etc.) not sent to a particular person. Most people upload photos pretty quick after taking.. not weird to me? I am hoping LE has been able to track/figure out everyone who viewed her stories though?

I'm just still not convinced this was a 'wrong place, wrong time' type of thing. BG had no way of knowing how many people would be on the trail, etc. until he arrived. I think he zeroed in on A+L and made his choice when he saw them. Not before. JMO! :)

I still truly wonder if they were trying to catch a predator.Especially considering the crime seminar that Libby had taken a couple of weeks prior.Were they panning on capturing him on video , figuring he would just walk away when caught?Kids that age don’t realize the danger behind a seemingly innocent quest.

I agree with you. I know that teens plan things secretly or quietly between themselves, then ask permission when they feel the time is right.

They could have planned it days ahead or a couple of hours ahead, but I do not believe it was spur of the moment. MOO.

I also don't see anything weird about the immediate upload of the photos to Snapchat. It appears they were added on her story (I don't know if her stories were public, private, etc.) not sent to a particular person. Most people upload photos pretty quick after taking.. not weird to me? I am hoping LE has been able to track/figure out everyone who viewed her stories though?
when he saw them. Not before. JMO! :)

yep, Snapchat images aren’t stored for later. You take the picture, immediately choose who you want to send it to (multiple recipients as well as your public story is an opinion, and hit send, as part of the same process. You can send images from your phone camera instead but it will look slightly different (it’ll say “from camera roll”.) Now, it includes time frames to indicate when the picture was taken but I don’t remember if that’s a new thing or if it would be relevant. Either way it always looked to me like the pictures were taken in the app, not in the phone’s camera itself.

If 'they' were intending to meet someone thrre, wouldn't they share a photo of 'them'?
Respectfully snipped and BBM for focus and commentary response.
I don't think the Perp was expecting "they"/them both. I think he was expecting only one of them. I think Libby's went along to protect her friend when meeting someone from online.

*Just theorizing*

I agree with you. I know that teens plan things secretly or quietly between themselves, then ask permission when they feel the time is right.

They could have planned it days ahead or a couple of hours ahead, but I do not believe it was spur of the moment. MOO.
I agree 100%

I agree 100%
I’ve always had an intuition regarding a meet up with a “boy” who turned out to be the killer, even though it’s not a popular theory and many people and some facts refute it.

Two questions I have, though:

1. If, as my intuition and yours as well tells us that the Snapchat upload and the killer appearing are connected, that would mean the killer had a phone. What happened to it and why didn’t it ping or show in connection to the Snapchat?

2. What of Abby’s Mom’s insistence that Abby wasn’t “spiffed up” to meet a boy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413