Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #127

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think until we have more information anything is possible. However, one thing I thought was kind of strange was that from the information about the audio, it was said that Abby and Libby were talking about things that girls talk about. So they were not concerned about the man on the bridge at that point?

Does this mean that Libby turned on her audio/video before they were even aware of this man on the bridge? Then in the course of their conversation they realize this man is walking towards them on the Monon High Bridge so Libby films him because she thinks it is strange he is walking towards them as if he is going to try to pass them while they are all still walking in the same direction on the bridge?

So she gets off and while waiting for Abby who the killer is gaining on, turns around and quickly get a video shot before putting her phone in her pocket and waiting for Abby?

So maybe this explains the 26 minute gap between the 2:07 pm photo of Abby and the information that the video/audio of the suspect began at 2:33 pm. The police are omitting the time on the audio recording where the girls talked about girl stuff?

So this case leaves you with a lot of questions that are probably not going to be answered until it is solved.

Yes just a possible scenario that fits the timeline of what we know, both the killer and the girls crossed twice.

Even when the suspect is arrested and convicted I don’t think we’ll ever know precisely what occurred. The prosecution will deliver their theory about what took place. But aside from proving beyond reasonable doubt the accused is the person responsible for committing the murder, precisely what occurred before and after may be forever unknown. I have high doubts the killer will confess and disclose everything, the victims are dead and there were no eye witnesses. Every murder case I’ve followed where the defendant pleads not guilty but is convicted of murder, there’s still a lot of unanswered questions.

So I think LE isn’t interested in informing the general public everything they know because seeking tips about the identity of the killer isn’t dependent upon a complete storyline beyond what they’ve already disclosed - date, appx time and location.

JMO

What do you make of Sgt. Holman saying none of us sleuths have the story right of how this incident occurred? All I can think of different is if the girls followed BG to see what he was doing and he then ambushed them. Can you or anyone else think of any other possible scenario that is the opposite of what we all discuss all the time?
I think there are scenarios, when logic is applied, that would be probable, but that violate the TOS of this board. I tend to approach things that are puzzling by examining what didn’t happen. JMO

I think her mom said she didn't have a cell phone, only Libby. I think that is her hand, like it is bent and you are seeing the knuckles that make that appearance.
I agree. If the original poster was referring to the pocket of Abby's pants rather than her sweater, I wonder if Abby had an iPod or other digital music device. I don't know what capabilities those devices had in 2017, but I just asked my daughter to check her iPod and she says it does have location services.

Some things that give me pause:

AW appears to be wearing her same clothes and having a near identical hairstyle as she's seen pictured in on the day prior (Feb 12/17).

There weren't any witnesses that saw the girls on the trails on Feb 13/17, other than KG dropping them off (as confirmed by MP & BP, in a recent interview, when asked).

Why wasn't the Snapchat photo of AW used by LE (not on the FBI website, etc.)?

These are just my personal thoughts and questions.

Edit: typo

I’m not sure why it matters about Abby’s clothes but she did spend the night with Libby the night of Feb 12 and that seemed to be a fairly spur of the moment thing if I remember right. Abby had to call her Mom to OK it I think. So unless Abby headed home for a change of clothes, those were the only clothes she had with her on Feb 13th.

What do you make of Sgt. Holman saying none of us sleuths have the story right of how this incident occurred? All I can think of different is if the girls followed BG to see what he was doing and he then ambushed them. Can you or anyone else think of any other possible scenario that is the opposite of what we all discuss all the time?
IIRC, he referred to re-enactions on Youtube. I would guess that he's pointing out that those re-enactments are imaginary, not factual. For example, how do we know that BG said "down the hill", when they met at the end of the bridge? Maybe that was at a different point in the abduction...Just that one assumption leads to many other assumptions, like the route they took, or how he did or didn't control the girls.

I think the problem for LE is that those kinds of re-enactments, in particular, cause many people to believe that is exactly how it happened, and then they believe they are an actual witness and contact and maybe even harrass LE with their sense of having been a witness and knowing what really happened.

I don't think people on Websleuths are the problem, IMO the problem would be the many, many people who don't understand anything about solving crimes, or weighing evidence, or the difference between a youtubers re-enactment and the actual crime.

Partial transcript from April , 2019 Presser , DC Speaking:

Directly to the Killer, who may be in this room: We believe you were hiding in plain sight. For more than 2 years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy. But we have. Will you likely have interviewed you or someone close to you. We know this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know. And one day, you will. A question to you: What will those closest to you think of you when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls? Two children! Only a coward would do such a thing. We are confident that you have told someone what you have done, or at the very least they know because of how different you are since the murders.

We try so hard to understand how a person could do something like this to two children. I recently watched a movie called ‘The Shack’, and there’s also a book that talks so well about evil, about death, and about eternity.

To the murderer: I believe you have just a little bit of a conscience left. And I can assure you that how you left them in that woods is not, IS NOT, what they are experiencing today. To the family: I hope that you all [the media] will give them some time, because we’re going to be asking that there is no media inquiry, or no media response for at least the next two weeks, and I hope you understand why.

Does anyone want to take parts of this section of the PC and give their opinions on it?

I know we have discussed before..but maybe by putting the portion that was directed to the killer..it could open up conversations about a possible profile, or some other message we are potentially missing?

Some of the things that stand out to me...
1)
Directly to the Killer, who may be in this room: We believe you were hiding in plain sight.

Question- was he in the room? DC seemed to feel certain that if he was NOT in the room, he certainly WAS watching.

2)
For more than 2 years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy. But we have.

Question~Any opinions on why the strategy changed?

3)
Will you likely have interviewed you or someone close to you.

Question~ Is this signifying that they have someone particular in their sights? Or at least narrowed this down to a handful of suspects?

4)
We know this is about power to you

Question~ How do you interpret this statement?

5)
A question to you: What will those closest to you think of you when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls?

Question~ Does this hint at the fact that this person is closely engaged with children professionally, or that they even have children of their own? Is it alluding to the fact that this individual is a trusted person that will possibly feel shamed at the fact that he kills children?

6)
Only a coward would do such a thing.

Question~ (I agree) Is he trying to piss the killer off?

7)
We are confident that you have told someone what you have done, or at the very least they know because of how different you are since the murders.

Question~
Totally open to what others think in regards to this?

8)

To the murderer: I believe you have just a little bit of a conscience left. And I can assure you that how you left them in that woods is not, IS NOT, what they are experiencing today.

Question~

Was this just a ploy to try to convince the killer he may have the opportunity at redemption, or do you feel this is likely said because there is reason to believe that this individual is active within the religious community.

The shack reference..if anyone wants to touch on it- I am open..just feel that it has been explained as being DC's own belief / faith being expressed.

I would really like to hear anyone's thoughts on parts or all of this section of PC.

AMOO JMO MOO

I’m not sure why it matters about Abby’s clothes but she did spend the night with Libby the night of Feb 12 and that seemed to be a fairly spur of the moment thing if I remember right. Abby had to call her Mom to OK it I think. So unless Abby headed home for a change of clothes, those were the only clothes she had with her on Feb 13th.
AW (the mom) talks about going to her home with the girls, to gather up things (art supplies are mentioned) for the sleep over. It would make most sense to also take a change of clothes and hygiene items. JMO

Directly to the Killer, who may be in this room: We believe you were hiding in plain sight. For more than 2 years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy. But we have. Will you likely have interviewed you or someone close to you. We know this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know. And one day, you will. A question to you: What will those closest to you think of you when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls? Two children! Only a coward would do such a thing. We are confident that you have told someone what you have done, or at the very least they know because of how different you are since the murders.

We try so hard to understand how a person could do something like this to two children. I recently watched a movie called ‘The Shack’, and there’s also a book that talks so well about evil, about death, and about eternity.

To the murderer: I believe you have just a little bit of a conscience left. And I can assure you that how you left them in that woods is not, IS NOT, what they are experiencing today. To the family: I hope that you all [the media] will give them some time, because we’re going to be asking that there is no media inquiry, or no media response for at least the next two weeks, and I hope you understand why.

Does anyone want to take parts of this section of the PC and give their opinions on it?

I know we have discussed before..but maybe by putting the portion that was directed to the killer..it could open up conversations about a possible profile, or some other message we are potentially missing?

1)
Directly to the Killer, who may be in this room: We believe you were hiding in plain sight.

Question- was he in the room? DC seemed to feel certain that if he was NOT in the room, he certainly WAS watching.

2)
For more than 2 years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy. But we have.

3)

Question~ Is this signifying that they have someone particular in their sights? Or at least narrowed this down to a handful of suspects?

4)

5)
A question to you: What will those closest to you think of you when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls?

Question~ Does this hint at the fact that this person is closely engaged with children professionally, or that they even have children of their own? Is it alluding to the fact that this individual is a trusted person that will possibly feel shamed at the fact that he kills children?

6)

7)
We are confident that you have told someone what you have done, or at the very least they know because of how different you are since the murders.

Question~

8)

To the murderer: I believe you have just a little bit of a conscience left. And I can assure you that how you left them in that woods is not, IS NOT, what they are experiencing today.

Question~

Was this just a ploy to try to convince the killer he may have the opportunity at redemption, or do you feel this is likely said because there is reason to believe that this individual is active within the religious community.

The shack reference..if anyone wants to touch on it- I am open..just feel that it has been explained as being DC's own belief / faith being expressed.

I would really like to hear anyone's thoughts on parts or all of this section of PC.

AMOO JMO MOO
I will only comment that my impression at the time, when I watched that press conference, was that DC was aiming everything he said at the perp. I didn't feel the purpose was to inform the public of anything. However, I don't know why he was doing it.

IMO, when LE have a suspect, and they are closely watching that suspect, they don't hold a press conference to inform the public and talk publicly to that person. They may leak a little bit of info to put some pressure on, but more likely they don't want the person to know they are watching them.

After the press conference, the reaction on WS was to assume LE really had a suspect, however I'm not surprised that no one has been arrested yet.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

Question~

8)

Question~

AMOO JMO MOO
Okay, if you would like my opinion, and I am sorry if my opinion is offensive to anyone, it is not meant to be. I think : #1. Yes, criminals usually do follow the case, so he probably watched the talk. #2. Bluster. They haven’t unfortunately made progress. So whether they switched gears or not I sincerely doubt the killer is now more petrified of getting caught than before. #3. Yes of course. He is from there or his folks are....or Somebody is or he wouldn’t know the trail. #4. Sociology 101 “rape is about power not sex”. Personally, I think for *advertiser censored* addicts, it’s about both...*advertiser censored* addicts usually rape Barbie doll types, or nubile children, not fat old ladies like me. But that’s just my bias. I’m convinced I’m a helluva lot safer than I was at 20 from *advertiser censored* addicted rapists. #5.what do you think they’re going to think? This guy has no conscience. They (family)do. So he may wish his family never found out what he’s done, but frankly, what difference does that make? Do you think he’ll turn himself in? No,if anything, that’s more reason not to confess. #8. No, he does not have conscience left, he’s probably a sociopath, ergo, no conscience. I’m sorry. The conference was not impressive to me, and I sure wish it had been, and I wish they got the son of a b.

Some things that give me pause:

AW appears to be wearing her same clothes and having a near identical hairstyle as she's seen pictured in on the day prior (Feb 12/17).

There weren't any witnesses that saw the girls on the trails on Feb 13/17, other than KG dropping them off (as confirmed by MP & BP, in a recent interview, when asked).

Why wasn't the Snapchat photo of AW used by LE (not on the FBI website, etc.)?

These are just my personal thoughts and questions.

Edit: typo
I read somewhere on this site (don't ask me for the original reference, but this site is the only one I read) that the sleepover the night before was impromptu. So Abby would be wearing the same clothes as the day before.

1)

It's my belief LE has an idea at this point who the killer is, and they think him to be someone who has gone about his daily business as usual to avoid suspicion.

2)

I suspect the strategy changed when LE awakened to the fact that the killer left a crime scene and/or planted evidence that sent them down the wrong path for the first 2 years.

3)

I think the first sentence here should state "We have likely....." Yes, I think LE has a suspect in mind here, but only wishes to inform him that they are on to him.

4)

This 'power' I suspect is in regards to the killer having control over the situation, over the direction of the investigation. I've also thought the killer may have some kind of 'score' to settle with local LE, but not necessarily.

5)

I think LE is playing to the killers conscience, trying to rattle him, to get him to crack, or respond in some obvious way. Indeed, LE may suspect who the killer is and is confident when finally apprehended that his family, friends, and the community will be shocked.

6)

As above in several instances, I think LE, and criminologists, have standardized, proven practices, methodologies, some psychiatric, that they utilize to attempt to flush out a suspect.

7)

Question~

This too fits the narrative of likely proven psychiatric and behavioral changes that occur in murderers and other criminals. I think LE threw this out so as to inform the public as to what to be on the lookout for.

8)

Question~

For me, same answer as #6

I seriously believe that the killer here duped LE by contamination of the crime scene, thereby leading them down the wrong path early on. If NOT contamination of the CS itself, then through some other form of deception in the following days and weeks, dealing with the investigation, interrogation, acquisition of statements, alibis, and the like.
AMOO JMO MOO

Last edited:

AMOO JMO MOO

Snipped by me for focus

The Shack was brought up by KG, in an interview with JR (dated September 19, 2018), in answer to his question about what she wanted to see happen to the killer when he’s caught.
Virtually a Detective /// Case 101: Delphi /// Chapter 8 (more with KG)
Listen starting at 2 minutes 45 seconds

After that, as you’ve mentioned, DC brings up “The Shack” in the April 22, 2019 PC.

Then, in “The Scene of the Crime: Delphi: A New Direction”, from 10 months ago, the producer has KG interview DC, on their behalf, about his mention of “The Shack”.
Scene of the Crime: Delphi on Stitcher
Listen starting at 50 minutes and 2 seconds

IMO, DC’s mention of “The Shack” was not merely a personal musing.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

Question~

8)

Question~

AMOO JMO MOO
In total, I wonder how much, if not all, was scripted with the help of FBI or state profilers to elicit a response from the killer. I did note since that the FBI and others are conspicuous by their absence and that differs from previous PC's. They also teased with statements before the weekend that alluded to the possibility this PC would be different. All part of the script and strategy.

#1. 'in this room' could have a broad meaning. That is, he is watching on TV. Again, strategy. Was this PC timed so that the killer might at work and therefore it would be noted by those around him that he is showing an interest?
#2. Going back to the first sketch created. Did LE uncover something that made that sketch more relevant? That in itself is a shift. But then so is this PC compared to the previous ones.
#3. With the volume of tips, I've always thought that LE has come across this killer. I'm certain many involved in the case think so, too.
#4. If this was sexually motivated - and there doesn't have to be rape for it to be about sexual motivation - I believe the killer does believe it is about power.
#5. I think this ties to #8. I don't believe he has much of a conscience. I believe when he is caught his only regret will be about not getting away with it. And he might regret what those around would think of him now that his true self is revealed.
#6. Yeah, this appears to be scripted and designed to elicit a particular response. Possibly one that those around him would note.
#7. I personally believe he hasn't told anyone. But for those who might call in a tip his reaction to this conference might finally convince someone to call in a tip. Also, killers have been known to state to future girls or wives that they could suffer the same fate as a previously murdered or missing person. Could this guy have cautioned a niece, daughter, friend's daughter, not to do something because, 'You don't want to end up like those two girls in Delphi.'?
#8. Already covered at #5.

The shift in strategy as to how the PC was conducted is probably a reason why there wasn't a PC at the 3 year mark. They may not want to go back to the previous format because that might seem to be failure to the killer. Maybe they want to leave things as they are after that April 2019 PC to leave unanswered questions in the killer's mind.

Last edited:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

Question~

8)

Question~

AMOO JMO MOO

Thank you for bringing this press conference topic up in a new way. I like the way you've broken it down here. I remember the day this press conference happened and I was convinced an arrest was imminent. To me it seemed like they were talking directly to a specific person and it came across almost personal. But then an arrest hasn't been made and to my recollection there haven't been more press conferences like this since. So at this very moment I have a hard time putting much stock into that press conference. The new picture vs the old picture, someone in the room, etc. It seems like they thought they knew who it was and tried to scare him into making a damning move but I now think they didn't know and still don't know who it is. I also think the prep looks like the first bridge guy picture instead of the second picture. Moo

Thank you for bringing this press conference topic up in a new way. I like the way you've broken it down here. I remember the day this press conference happened and I was convinced an arrest was imminent. To me it seemed like they were talking directly to a specific person and it came across almost personal. But then an arrest hasn't been made and to my recollection there haven't been more press conferences like this since. So at this very moment I have a hard time putting much stock into that press conference. The new picture vs the old picture, someone in the room, etc. It seems like they thought they knew who it was and tried to scare him into making a damning move but I now think they didn't know and still don't know who it is. I also think the prep looks like the first bridge guy picture instead of the second picture. Moo

Yes the content in the April/19 PC might’ve made for meaningful analysis had an arrest been made.

But LE have no reason to hold a public PC to speak directly to a known suspect. If the PC accomplished anything, it generated a lot of additional public attention at the time. The days priors, I recall how these threads were fired up over what was to be The New Direction and many people expected it pertained to an announcement of an arrest. Didn’t happen and now almost 2 years have passed...but I can’t blame LE for using every approach they think might prove successful. JMO

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

Question~

8)

Question~

AMOO JMO MOO

I’ll have at it. I’ve been kinda thinking about that press conference a lot lately. Just my thoughts of course.

1) I don’t think the killer was in the room and I’m not so certain he was watching. I think the killer probably has a regular job and he was at work during the PC. Of course that would mean he is “hiding in plain sight” and just blending in with the rest of us. I do think when he got home from work, he was very interested in what was said.
2) The million dollar question is what caused LE to change direction, but whatever it was they wanted the killer to know they were changing it. It’s very defiant and “in your face” to the killer, almost angry. I wonder whether LE felt deceived by some information that wasted their time and sent them in the wrong direction. But if that is the case, then wouldn’t they know who deceived them. A year and a half later no arrest. Very peculiar.
3) Whereas 2) seemed very specific, this part seems aimed at everybody they talked to. An attempt at intimidation I guess.
4) Picked right off the profile tree. I guess the FBI profiler told them to say it. Unless LE was trying to quell rumors of the girls being targeted, or a revenge killing it hard to know the reason this was included. Added nothing.
5) I doubt this was aimed at the killer since I don’t think he cares at all that he killed two children. I think it was aimed at family members that might be struggling with whether or not they should report their suspicions about somebody.
6) Agree with you. Just to try and get him angry and maybe he’ll make some stupid mistake....like maybe respond by mail or something.
7) I don’t think LE is confident the killer has blabbed to anyone. I think the second part of the statement is to make the killer paranoid that someone close to him might suspect him. Again maybe he’ll make a mistake.
8) A wildcard chance that LE can convince the killer that it is OK for him to turn himself in. That LE “understands” and will treat him Like a human and not a monster.
I believe DC when he said “The Shack” reference was a personal statement by him.

At the time of the press conference I was riveted to it all. It seemed certain to me that they had uncovered something huge and an arrest was imminent. Now, a year and a half later, with the one word added to the audio, and the tiny tiny video, the second sketch and all the confusion and incorrect info about the vehicle I look back on it as one of the most absurd things I’ve ever seen. If anything that was said in that PC has any validity I’d be surprised. I don’t know what LE hoped to accomplish there but I think it’s safe to say at this point, it was a complete bust.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

Question~

8)

Question~

AMOO JMO MOO

Thank you for this post, I forgot about this presser and will have to look at it closer. Lots of food for thought.

Okay, if you would like my opinion, and I am sorry if my opinion is offensive to anyone, it is not meant to be. I think : #1. Yes, criminals usually do follow the case, so he probably watched the talk. #2. Bluster. They haven’t unfortunately made progress. So whether they switched gears or not I sincerely doubt the killer is now more petrified of getting caught than before. #3. Yes of course. He is from there or his folks are....or Somebody is or he wouldn’t know the trail. #4. Sociology 101 “rape is about power not sex”. Personally, I think for *advertiser censored* addicts, it’s about both...*advertiser censored* addicts usually rape Barbie doll types, or nubile children, not fat old ladies like me. But that’s just my bias. I’m convinced I’m a helluva lot safer than I was at 20 from *advertiser censored* addicted rapists. #5.what do you think they’re going to think? This guy has no conscience. They (family)do. So he may wish his family never found out what he’s done, but frankly, what difference does that make? Do you think he’ll turn himself in? No,if anything, that’s more reason not to confess. #8. No, he does not have conscience left, he’s probably a sociopath, ergo, no conscience. I’m sorry. The conference was not impressive to me, and I sure wish it had been, and I wish they got the son of a b.

BBM Please don't think I am trying to scare you, but we had a serial killer in FL that targeted elderly women and raped, killed and then burned down their homes to hide evidence. This was in the 80 or 90 before I came to FL. I also know of many rapes that are women over the age of 60 and you will never read about them in the MSM. Rape is always about POWER. It has nothing to do with how you look or what your age is, it is about taking your power away and giving them the power to hurt you, control you and destroy you. I have seen cases of very young men, in the 20's raping older women. So please always be aware of your surroundings and lock up that house and car. But other than that, you are on target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel