Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #128

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this, agreed. And with the post that made similar points from @Ravenmoon

If you listen to the interview with Sgt. Kim Riley on the podcast Down the Hill, he answers the interviewer's questions about the recording very carefully. He says he has heard the recording. It has things on it that are upsetting from the standpoint of hearing ONE of the girls' reaction to what is happening - and he adds "but I don't want to say which one." As a parent himself, he was highly affected and saddened.

I don't think the public has any right to hear the girls' expressions of extreme fear and grief if that's the remainder of the recording.

BBM...I have always wondered if the entire event(s) wasn't captured on audio? LE has stated that they did not have VIDEO of the murders, but they have never said whether they had AUDIO or not. Possibly, Libby concealed her phone in a pocket or somewhere as he got close to them blocking the video recording. But, if it was still running, the audio may have captured everything. I don't believe there is video of the part Yemelyan quoted above, but there obviously was audio of it. MOO

If you listen to the interview with Sgt. Kim Riley on the podcast Down the Hill, he answers the interviewer's questions about the recording very carefully. He says he has heard the recording. It has things on it that are upsetting from the standpoint of hearing ONE of the girls' reaction to what is happening - and he adds "but I don't want to say which one." As a parent himself, he was highly affected and saddened.

I don't think the public has any right to hear the girls' expressions of extreme fear and grief if that's the remainder of the recording.
I couldnt agree more with your last paragraph, it breaks the heart to just think of their fear.

I just hope that IF in fact LE is at a totally standstill still lacking the killer's identity AND there are snippets of just the killer's voice, that LE considers releasing more. It could be extremely advantageous in getting the right tip they've been waiting on. JMO

Did one of the girls see the other one being murdered? Is that what Sgt. Riley is talking about? We have no idea how they were killed, but what if it was not a gun? To have to watch as someone is being killed, knowing you are probably next, but not knowing what to do is a feeling hard to understand.

this crime is just sooooo sad .

And it is all the sadder because of the fact the victims, Abigail Williams and Liberty German, managed to get video/audio of their killer yet the case is still unsolved. I wish I was as optimistic as Kelsi and the families about the investigation. But to me it feels like time is passing by.

The other day I was looking through all the cases I have commented on and realized that only two of them have been solved(an arrest has been made).

I've always wondered whether it was actually two deer that person saw, or just something that looked like two deer.
On the one hand, the CS looked so bad that it made DC feel nauseated, so there must have been a lot of staging. On the other hand, it was a closed spot, not easily seen from the other bank, so, maybe, deers. Maybe even, part of staging? "Two deers = two does"?

On the one hand, the CS looked so bad that it made DC feel nauseated, so there must have been a lot of staging. On the other hand, it was a closed spot, not easily seen from the other bank, so, maybe, deers. Maybe even, part of staging? "Two deers = two does"?
Do you think that he took longer with staging or their murder, and/or torture if there was any?

And it is all the sadder because of the fact the victims, Abigail Williams and Liberty German, managed to get video/audio of their killer yet the case is still unsolved. I wish I was as optimistic as Kelsi and the families about the investigation. But to me it feels like time is passing by.

The other day I was looking through all the cases I have commented on and realized that only two of them have been solved(an arrest has been made).

I feel the case is stalled. LE can talk all they want about working on it everyday, or working every tip, we’ve heard it all before. I am sure that they are. But if you’ve got nothing, you’re working nothing. Let the public help you. I still believe there is something about the crime scene or some piece of evidence that somebody would recognize. They can’t recognize it if they don’t know it’s there. I’m starting to hope someone will leak some information.

Did one of the girls see the other one being murdered? Is that what Sgt. Riley is talking about? We have no idea how they were killed, but what if it was not a gun? To have to watch as someone is being killed, knowing you are probably next, but not knowing what to do is a feeling hard to understand.

No indication that the murders were on the recording. My interpretation of what he was saying was that you could hear one girl's reaction to being abducted/confronted by a predator and it was incredibly sad and disturbing to hear.

I don't follow your statement that a gruesome scene means a lot of staging. Many staged scenes are actually "sanitized." What's your definition of staging?

I don't follow your statement that a gruesome scene means a lot of staging. Many staged scenes are actually "sanitized." What's your definition of staging?

Altered from how it should have originally looked like.

In this case, I remember one interview of DC. He was standing on the bridge. The way I understood him, what he said was, he gave the CS one look and felt nauseated, so I assume there must have been something nasty there.

The previous poster assumed that maybe, the person who saw the girls did not see the deers (assuming, the girls were standing?). I think, not, because the CS was not easily seen.

Very interesting word choice. “
type of violent crime cannot and will not go UNANSWERED. It says nothing about punishment/trial/imprisonment, etc.

I do not, at all, like the way that was written. MOO.

Yes, I agree. The usual term would be “unpunished”. But in this case, it sounds like an “alternative” version.

It seems that they perfectly well know who the person is.

MOO - re : the choice of words 'not go unanswered' - this case has from time to time seemed to have a religious input - even if only from the statements and press conferences we have seen.
If we consider that (a) the convicted answer for the crimes, and (b) everyone answers to God eventually.
It has been speculated in previous threads many times that either the killer, or someone known to them may have followed the case closely.
This may be a reminder to be passed onto the killer that law enforcement has not given up, so they may well have to answer for their crimes, but that if they are religious they will eventually have to answer for them to a higher authority.
Hence 'will not go unanswered' rather than unpunished.
Just moo

I would like to know if LE assumes that the new sketch of the younger guy is the person in Libby’s video.
yes.. they said that they think this new sketch is def BG..and that tells how bad this investigation is, they didnt call him a POI like its supposed to be. we don't even know where this NS was seen...except from what the late local sleuth disclosed.

It’s so hard to believe how much nothing has been accomplished on this case.

Looking back now on it all ..... can only think LE has a clear suspect or set of suspects in mind that they can’t move on due to lack of evidence/ political pressure / whatever else.

What a disgrace.

Yes but neither can you libel a dead man .... if LE had a dead suspect in mind, there’d be no reason not to announce it to the world. if only so they could claim to have solved this mess

I don’t think LE would announce a dead “suspect”. Like court, I think they would have to know beyond a reasonable doubt.
Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member