Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #128

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What leads you to believe this?
It has been almost 2 years since any new information has been released. There are several basic facts about the case that have never been released. They may know who did it and just don't have enough evidence to convict at the moment. I feel like the course will stay this way. MOO

In regard to what details have been released, I think more than enough have been released for anyone who knows anything to recognize him and come forward. If that person(s) hasn't come forward, it is not due to a lack of information. JMO

Last edited:
the idea that they have an unnamed suspect who they are certain is the perp and have not found a way to charge him after all this time seems impossible to me.

this person would be an extreme danger to any community he resides in or visits. mOO

can you imagine being on this case and all the freaking random things that show up and seem to connect but never really connect? omigod how do they do it? that said.. serial killers are hard to catch, thats how they get away with killing many over a long period of time..it's not unusual that he hasn't been caught, not unusual and really not a feather in his cap...as time passes the day he is arrested is closer... that's just how it works...and he will be caught , his day will come and he is no winner of anything, just because he's evaded charges this long. Time runs out...thats what it does...the cops will see you soon BG, they just will.

mOO

Sgt Kim Riley said, at that point, that they had not made positive identifications of the two bodies.

I have a few questions. As most of you know, I am relatively new-ish at following missing persons cases.
My questions are as follows; is it standard procedure to go before the press so quickly after finding the victim(s)? And is it also a standard procedure to say that they haven’t made a positive identification at the first PC? And the autopsies only took 2 hours but they say that the murders were brutal. I am having a hard time ascertaining why they were only 2 hours total, for both girls. I’m pretty sure that one takes a minimum of two hours per person, and up to four if it’s forensic in nature. MOO.
Will someone please clarify what’s what.

can you imagine being on this case and all the freaking random things that show up and seem to connect but never really connect? omigod how do they do it? that said.. serial killers are hard to catch, thats how they get away with killing many over a long period of time..it's not unusual that he hasn't been caught, not unusual and really not a feather in his cap...as time passes the day he is arrested is closer... that's just how it works...and he will be caught , his day will come and he is no winner of anything, just because he's evaded charges this long. Time runs out...thats what it does...the cops will see you soon BG, they just will.

mOO
Are you sure BG is a serial killer? And if so, why? What leads you to believe this?

MOO - re : the choice of words 'not go unanswered' - this case has from time to time seemed to have a religious input - even if only from the statements and press conferences we have seen.
If we consider that (a) the convicted answer for the crimes, and (b) everyone answers to God eventually.
It has been speculated in previous threads many times that either the killer, or someone known to them may have followed the case closely.
This may be a reminder to be passed onto the killer that law enforcement has not given up, so they may well have to answer for their crimes, but that if they are religious they will eventually have to answer for them to a higher authority.
Hence 'will not go unanswered' rather than unpunished.
Just moo

Here is what concerns me about allusions to God, and specifically in this case.

Supposedly, LE thinks it is a SK, and have no clue who it is.

How on earth do they know he is religious? Or, even if he is, that their sermons would reach him? If indeed BG looks the way he does, all I can say is, "middle-aged and likely, Caucasian".

He can be atheist, agnostic, Buddhist, Hindu, Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Protestant, Muslim, Jewish, Rasta, you name it.

But no, they address him as if they know that he is white and a Protestant. Not just any Christian, because, even to a Catholic, one should appeal in a different way.

So I don't know why, but these two things LE knows for sure, if they are, indeed, alluding to religion again in the article. And I'd like to know what makes them think so.

the idea that they have an unnamed suspect who they are certain is the perp and have not found a way to charge him after all this time seems impossible to me.

this person would be an extreme danger to any community he resides in or visits. mOO
Yes, and every February I hope he is not out hunting again for another Valentines Day surprise. If they have an idea who it is they need to get him off the street and confront him with what they do have. It may save a life or two of young girls.

Here is what concerns me about allusions to God, and specifically in this case.

Supposedly, LE thinks it is a SK, and have no clue who it is.

How on earth do they know he is religious? Or, even if he is, that their sermons would reach him? If indeed BG looks the way he does, all I can say is, "middle-aged and likely, Caucasian".

He can be atheist, agnostic, Buddhist, Hindu, Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Protestant, Muslim, Jewish, Rasta, you name it.

But no, they address him as if they know that he is white and a Protestant. Not just any Christian, because, even to a Catholic, one should appeal in a different way.

So I don't know why, but these two things LE knows for sure, if they are, indeed, alluding to religion again in the article. And I'd like to know what makes them think so.
Maybe a cross or other Christian artifact was left at the scene.

Maybe a cross or other Christian artifact was left at the scene.

ok now that's interesting...may be why they were getting all" still have a shred of decency" or whatever on the BG presser. is this a weird thing to do? do we know of any other cases involving religious objects at the scene or used in staging?

I say if it's true and he did that, it was a dramatic flourish or a red herring. If something like a necklace was broken and found at the scene, I would say it has little value unless it can be identified.

If they had an artifact like this, why wouldn't they show it to the public?

mOO

Sgt Kim Riley said, at that point, that they had not made positive identifications of the two bodies.

I have a few questions. As most of you know, I am relatively new-ish at following missing persons cases.
My questions are as follows; is it standard procedure to go before the press so quickly after finding the victim(s)? And is it also a standard procedure to say that they haven’t made a positive identification at the first PC? And the autopsies only took 2 hours but they say that the murders were brutal. I am having a hard time ascertaining why they were only 2 hours total, for both girls. I’m pretty sure that one takes a minimum of two hours per person, and up to four if it’s forensic in nature. MOO.
Will someone please clarify what’s what.

@UnapologeticallyAspie I think I can clarify some of this (maybe). This press conference was done the same day that the victims were found. I think it is probably not typical for LE to go before the press so quickly but you have to remember it was a very small town and a huge story in Indiana with a lot of volunteers out searching and invested in knowing what had happened. So IMO LE felt they owed it to the community to make some kind of statement.

"Positive identification" means something very specific. It goes beyond "victims were wearing the clothes we know they had on" (for example) and "no other young females from the area were missing.' In some jurisdictions a positive ID is specifically done with DNA matched to a known relative. So a positive identification would not be announced until after autopsy...even if common sense told you it couldn't be anybody else.

The autopsies of Abby and Libby took place the day following this press conference. This article says the girls were autopsied in Terre Haute at 8 am on the Wednesday after they were found: Indiana teens found dead: What we know so far

I don't see where you got your information on how long the autopsies took so I can't comment on that but I can tell you that in Indiana not just any coroner can perform an autopsy in a homicide investigation, it has to be done by a pathologist with particular forensic credentials. So that's why the autopsy wasn't undertaken the same day and why it was done in
Terre Haute instead of locally. IMO

I know this is the account that has been given but it was given by the searcher, Kelsi was not directly next to this person and did not see the deer herself. It may be absolutely how it happened but there is also the possibility... MOO
I don't know whether the crime scene was "staged" (masked) or not (in order to mislead investigators or thwart an investigation), but I do think it's possible that the crime scene was "posed" (that it involved a signature). If it was posed, I think it's entirely possible that the searcher who first spotted the scene from a distance may have only thought they saw two deer. As some others on WS have suggested, I think it's possible that BG was familiar with deer hunting. All just my opinion.

I think BG was familiar with hunting young girls.
this was a totally shocking crime and crime scene , done by someone who wants attention,
wants to outsmart authorities and be the cause of their frustrations.
he laughs at the hurt and empathy the officers feel for the victims.
he delights at the shocked, frightened family members and finds it all arousing.

he doesn't live in a vacuum and I am sure he cruises our boards when he is not enjoying his kiddie *advertiser censored* and other fantasies.

I suspect this will escalate and he will reach out, especially after the HLN show airs.

wonder if he calls in fake tips and stuff like that...or if he's a total loner and won't leave clues or call in...I would think he would love to talk about all the things he has done and all of his preparations. He would love to hear how many police and agencies failed to find him and
all of the details of everything that happened with their bodies and who saw them.

I think he really needs to just come a little closer so we can see him clearly.

mOO

I feel the case is stalled. LE can talk all they want about working on it everyday, or working every tip, we’ve heard it all before. I am sure that they are. But if you’ve got nothing, you’re working nothing. Let the public help you. I still believe there is something about the crime scene or some piece of evidence that somebody would recognize. They can’t recognize it if they don’t know it’s there. I’m starting to hope someone will leak some information.

I do not doubt that LE wants to solve the case. I think they probably spend their days going over old tips and new tips they get in daily.

The problem with releasing any more information is what do you release? Is releasing any more audio going to help identify this person's voice any more than the audio that has already been released? The person on the audio has a voice that sounds rather average. There obviously cannot be any closer video to help with identification or else they would have released it.

Do you start releasing details about the crime scene or unique signatures associated with it? That will probably lead to everyone sending in tips regarding what they think and then trying to link what they think to some person they know or have researched.

Release more audio and a new discussion regarding dialects will start again. I am shocked that anyone on here can determine a person who lives in Michigan versus someone who lives in Ohio based on their voice or speech. I cannot do that. There are some exceptions like someone who lives in the South or on the East coast. I can hear some difference, but someone who lives in the Midwest?

I think the mistake was going away from Liberty German's video in favor of this second sketch. I think it was a guess because they thought it might be connected to a vehicle nearby, but have really no idea if that person is indeed the person responsible for the murders. It was new information released telling people this is the person responsible. And people today are probably still trying to make it fit someone they know.

If this case gets solved it will be interesting to see what this person looked like at the time of the crimes? The irony is that it could be releasing new information that made it more difficult to solve the case.

The problem with releasing any more information is what do you release? Is releasing any more audio going to help identify this person's voice any more than the audio that has already been released? The person on the audio has a voice that sounds rather average. There obviously cannot be any closer video to help with identification or else they would have released it.
Apropos the voice:
What, if the girls already knew, this man on the bridge was really drunk (also high?) and despite drunkenness tried to approach them on the bridge? Maybe therefore Libby videoed him? His voice may have been a few octaves lower and also more rough than if it would have been in BG's normal state, because of alcohol/cigarettes/yelling a lot the days before.
The girls could have spoken about his drunkenness before the audio tape, they hadn't to mention it once more on tape.
BG's maybe drunken voice cannot be assigned to a state, where he grew up, especially not, if he left the state several years ago. His dialect/accent may be a mix of 2 or more dialects, deliberately and in his real life as well as during his evil "adventures". He might be someone, who just has a talent for language (sober or drunken), which had passed into flesh and blood since years. I'm not surprised, if BG will turn out to be someone, who speaks different foreign languages perhaps, not only American dialects/accents. MOO and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413