Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #131

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the Dr Oz video. I noticed that Ives claims that LE believes that the crime may have been planned, I had a feeling this guy didn’t just see the girls and perpetrate a spur of the moment crime.
I have felt since the beginning that is was planned and targeted.
I am in the minority, I know, but has been my thoughts since the girls were found.

Bear with me on this-
Not certain this will come across the way I intend it to.
What if an individual known to LE claimed to have seen a car parked at this place during the hours in question.
Maybe this person participated in the search, or is someone residing in the area.
What if this person was trying to draw attention away from themselves, and embellished this story .
Could it be possible that this individual is the ONLY person to report having seen this vehicle , and LE is trying to verify the sighting by others- hence leaving the description of said vehicle, and driver, out .
Maybe there have been inconsistencies by this person, maybe their alibi is no longer holding up.
Perhaps they started to look back at this persons statements and started to find things that were used to throw them off the trail.

I know this is probably going to sound strange, but I am wondering if this could be a trusted person in the community that was trying to implicate someone else, and it just did not pan out the way the person had hoped.

MOO JMO AMOO
I am right there with you !!!
That was my first thought when they finally mentioned the vehicle parked there in the April 2019 presser.

From day one, I believe he entered or left or both thru the cemetery.
I parked at the very back corner, by RL property and could not be seen from the road and I could not even see the road from down there.
I could however look across the woods and see approximate crime scene.
JMO
And what better alibi than to say I was only there visiting a late loved one. IMO

From day one, I believe he entered or left or both thru the cemetery.
I parked at the very back corner, by RL property and could not be seen from the road and I could not even see the road from down there.
I could however look across the woods and see approximate crime scene.
JMO
And what better alibi than to say I was only there visiting a late loved one. IMO
But deer season ends in January.
Portable Tree stands on public land can only be overnight and have to be removed by Jan 10th.
Now, if tree stand on private property, then it can be left up, but then BG would either have to have known it was there, been on his own property, or poaching, which could be possible.
Deer | Indiana Hunting Seasons & Regulations – 2020 | eRegulations
wish we knew if RL had a stand on his property and more importantly if any of his son’s friends who he stated would be familiar with his property ever used the stand or hunted on his property. We need a podcast lol but seriously! IMO

This quote you posted makes me think they're pretty sure they know who is responsible, but they need something more to corroborate their theory on it in order to nail the guy. It sounds like they've talked to someone / persons close to the killer and they know they have done so, but the person(s) they've spoken with either aren't giving up information, or do not *have* information to give LE.

Perhaps the killer hasn't yet told anyone about his crimes. I wonder what the police hope that someone will tell them that would let them know for sure their suspect is the right one??
ALIBI

But deer season ends in January.
Portable Tree stands on public land can only be overnight and have to be removed by Jan 10th.
Now, if tree stand on private property, then it can be left up, but then BG would either have to have known it was there, been on his own property, or poaching, which could be possible.
Deer | Indiana Hunting Seasons & Regulations – 2020 | eRegulations

On that topic -

Does anyone recall this deer stand ever being confirmed by someone local? I recall it was a Youtuber who claimed it was a deer stand from looking at the background of a photo or video. I also saw the same photo quite some time ago and instead to me it looked more like a rickety old tree house from a bygone era, doubtful it would’ve supported children let alone an adult.

I’m sorry, I don’t have a link to the actual photo....plus I know nothing about deer stands. But I’m still curious if the existence of this apparent deer stand has ever been confirmed to be factual information by anyone who is or was aware of it’s actual presence?

I’d also be very surprised a tree stand would be located near a public trail system and nature reserve without anybody caring...doesn’t quite make sense to me. If it belonged to a landowner, as the acreage parcels are quite small what would be the point of requiring a deer stand? We’re not talking remote wilderness - as we’ve seen in the videos there are several nearby residences backing onto the trail as well. JMO

Last edited:
Hmm...thank you! Any idea how we could possibly know where this was located? It was put together from panned sections of a video, which just happened to capture the full length of it with detail and clarity. But it didn’t specifically raise the curiosity of the person taking the video, that’s odd to me. I’m quite certain that’s not the same image I recall seeing early on. I’m also not noticing anything at all in the other photo from that same link -

View attachment 288823

While searching for it, I saw posts which said it was on the Mears' property, but not exactly where.

Found this regarding the "deer stand". HTH's.

Found Deceased - IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi
It’s actually a great spot for a predator to watch the comings and going’s on the trails. If anyone noticed him he could say he was bird watching or taking photos of birds and other wildlife in the area.
dear-stand-jpg.118071

While searching for it, I saw posts which said it was on the Mears' property, but not exactly where.

I’m sceptical as to location considering the size of that huge tree trunk. The trees in all the videos I’ve noticed, including the one of RL going down the hill towards the crime scene, are all smaller and quite spindly in terms of trunk support. It’s as if the soil doesn’t support large tree growth or the area had all been logged years ago.

I’d believe it if BP or KG confirmed it’s existence, including if it’s view overlooked any part of the trail or bridge. Given how often they’ve answered questions about the case I don’t recall anything about a deer stand ever being asked.

In fairness, everyone speculates about false confessions because that's been brought up by the lead investigator, Sgt. Holeman, as a reason that they keep details of the crime private: Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence | Fox 59

However, in a way it's a bit mis-leading because LE aren't really worried about, say, a crazy person walking in off the street and confessing to this crime. (Though this does occasionally happen...in the Evansdale murders there were supposedly at least two men who falsely confessed but were ruled out because their facts were inconsistent with the crime). IMO what LE are really trying to prevent is a POI who they are legitimately trying to interrogate eventually capitulating under pressure and "confessing" by repeating or agreeing to details of the crime that are publicly known. If they hold back information, when they hear those details in an interrogation, they know they are talking to someone with incriminating knowledge of the crime.
Agreed.

Kind of along those same lines, say the murder weapon was hypothetically a machete. If LE released that information, they would immediately be swamped with thousands of tips about machetes. It would be difficult to find one good tip in those thousands.

On the other hand, if LE doesn't release the info about the machete, and they get a tip about a machete, then there is a good chance that that tip is legitimate.

I think it is a bit of a double-edged sword for LE. Releasing more info to the public COULD potentially lead to the case being solved. It could also prevent the case from being solved, or potentially hurt a future prosecution. As frustrating as it is for us not knowing much information, I believe that LE is doing what they feel is right. I guess we can agree or disagree whether or not that is the case. I tend to think that they probably are doing the right thing.

MOO

Agreed.

Kind of along those same lines, say the murder weapon was hypothetically a machete. If LE released that information, they would immediately be swamped with thousands of tips about machetes. It would be difficult to find one good tip in those thousands.

On the other hand, if LE doesn't release the info about the machete, and they get a tip about a machete, then there is a good chance that that tip is legitimate.

I think it is a bit of a double-edged sword for LE. Releasing more info to the public COULD potentially lead to the case being solved. It could also prevent the case from being solved, or potentially hurt a future prosecution. As frustrating as it has is for us not knowing much information, I believe that LE is doing what they feel is right. I guess we can agree or disagree whether or not that is the case. I tend to think that they probably are doing the right thing.

MOO
Sounds like a catch 22 :)
IMO I trust LE and think they are doing the right thing. I also believe if needed, additional information could be released that wouldn’t hurt the investigation (ex. 1 aspect of profile). I just don’t think they need to.

I think the killer has an alibi and perhaps someone uninvolved helped him establish one. I think the killer is very cocky but more transparent than he realizes. He blends in and does not look like the boogie man. JMO

If so, I wonder that the change DC spoke about is more visible with the person providing the alibi than with the killer. It is a huge stress to lie about a murder.

I've been aware of the tree stand for several years. It plays a part in my opinion theory that BG had a view from a perch of the trail and/or bridge and could see who was traversing it.

I've mentioned several times that BG could have easily parked at the cemetery, checked and/or set up the crime scene, then moved to a vantage point where he could monitor the trail. For that matter, he may have done this very thing numerous times prior, but the pieces never fell together until that fateful day.

Park at cemetery, check crime scene for security, go to perch and watch. Then to the NW side of the bridge, follow the girls across, force them back over the creek to the crime scene, then right back up to the cemetery, easily driving away on rural roads.

The only issue is IF he was seen on the NW side of the trails, closer to the Freedom bridge, or known drop off spot, which sighting is a thing I question. Of course, he may have accessed that part of the trail to get a handle on the number of people milling around, prior to a forced walk back to and across the bridge, trapping the girls.

All speculation, as we just. don't. know. :):):)

This photo is of the bridge. It gives perspective as to the high ground that would provide one the ability to monitor activity. Moving in the woods a bit would surely give varying vantage points of the bridge, and likely even the trail.

deer8untitled-png.118072
I've especially considered his movement in the woods (monitoring the trails and such) AFTER the crimes. It would depend on where he parked, of course, but if he wasn't parked near the crime scene, he might have taken an alternate route back than the way her came, particularly if he walked the trail following the girls.

Last edited:
Tree stand is visible and mentioned about the 6 minute mark in this video. It has a view of the bridge, per RG. I'm assuming it is allowed since it was linked on the image thread.

ETA: I noticed the stand looks smaller in the video but it seems to be the same.

Do we know if he was walking this in February time so that this is how the foliage would have looked for that time of year? found that real creepy like the Blair Witch project or somethin.

The wooded area along Deer Creek is so narrow with houses and public trails so close by, I find it hard to believe deer hunting is allowed in that area. Does anyone know for sure if it is allowed there?
If there is no hunting allowed, then what other purpose would there be for a tree stand other than simple wildlife observation. Of course BG could have used it for a more nefarious purpose.
If someone put it there for innocent reasons years back, it would be nice if that someone, or LE, would clarify that. It wouldn’t mean the killer didn’t use it, but at least we’d know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member