Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #135

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they still have him on their radar? Perhaps someone gave him an alibi…

I must confess that when I first heard of JBC, I asked myself, What are the chances that there’d be a sex crime like this right in the tiny Delphi area, unless he’s BG? I simply had no idea how prevalent it had become…

Someone having an alibi isn’t always reason enough not to lay charges. It depends on the strength on the alibi, whether or not it can be proven. No doubt any circle of friends around JBC are likely of similar character as he. But neither is lack of an alibi evidence of guilt in the eyes of the law, as a defendant isn’t required to prove their innocence.

Let’s hope LE is able to collect more evidence against JBC than what we are aware of at this time, which primarily consists of public FB posts.

Last edited:
Someone having an alibi isn’t always reason enough not to lay charges. It depends on the strength on the alibi, whether or not it can be proven. No doubt any circle of friends around JBC are likely of similar character as he. But neither is lack of an alibi evidence of guilt in the eyes of the law, as a defendant isn’t required to prove their innocence.

Let’s hope LE is able to collect more evidence against JBC than what we are aware of at this time, which primarily consists of public FB posts.
Just to clarify: I was wondering if the unnamed Kokomo-based pedophile she was describing, and whom she claimed must have been investigated right after Libby and Abby were killed (as he was a known sex offender in the area) is still on the Delphi-crime investigation radar, or f he had a solid alibi which excluded him, such as work surveillance CCTV.

Last edited:
Anyone recognize the script below? This case is unconnected to Delphi, owing to Libby’s video he’s definitely not the one.

Sketch released of suspect in abduction, sexual assault case in Indy | WTTV CBS4Indy
“….Because the suspect showed some awareness as he drove around the neighborhood, detectives think he may have lived in the area at one time.

“If you’re from around that area, he may not live in it anymore, but he was certainly familiar with it,” said Rosenberg……

…..Police remind everyone walking alone anywhere in the city to always watch your surroundings.

“One of the important things to teach your children is you’ve got to be aware of what’s around you,” said Rosenberg…..”

Anyone recognize the script below? This case is unconnected to Delphi, owing to Libby’s video he’s definitely not the one.

Sketch released of suspect in abduction, sexual assault case in Indy | WTTV CBS4Indy
“….Because the suspect showed some awareness as he drove around the neighborhood, detectives think he may have lived in the area at one time.

“If you’re from around that area, he may not live in it anymore, but he was certainly familiar with it,” said Rosenberg……

…..Police remind everyone walking alone anywhere in the city to always watch your surroundings.

“One of the important things to teach your children is you’ve got to be aware of what’s around you,” said Rosenberg…..”
Yes, very similar statements.

Was that for a murder case too?

jmo

Snipped

Perhaps they didn't find him because he isn't in the group of known sex offenders.

jmo

He was definitely a registered offender. There's quite a bit of info about him on early threads for this case. He has since moved out of Indiana IMO.

My point is NOT that this guy is a better candidate than JBC, or anyone else, which is why I'm not naming him.

My only point is that there are more local-ish individuals who have been looked at for this crime than we know about, and while some of them have likely been covered, some likely remain as possible POIs. And some of them have done things just as heinous as JBC, hard as that is to believe.

Last edited:
We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one, many a case has relied upon witnesses picking out a suspect from a lineup or the "big book of similar looking perps" - if say all the witnesses pick out the same bloke - BINGO !!!!!!!
JMOO
The scenario that you describe has led to many wrongful convictions. Most of the people exonerated by DNA evidence in recent years were initially convicted based on eyewitness testimony.

He was definitely a registered offender. There's quite a bit of info about him on early threads for this case. He has since moved out of Indiana IMO.
I was referring to JBC not the other person, fyi. JBC was not on a registered sex offender list.

jmo

No, abduction and sexual assault of a teen at gunpoint.
Right. That is my point.

Apparently I'm off track for thinking that BG is a rather rare criminal who willingly MURDERS children he happens to encounter and that JBC shares that same characterstic. Others seem to think it's not rare at all.

jmo

Right. That is my point.

Apparently I'm off track for thinking that BG is a rather rare criminal who willingly MURDERS children he happens to encounter and that JBC shares that same characterstic. Others seem to think it's not rare at all.

jmo
No, I would agree that the murder of the Delphi girls and the attempted murder of the Lafayette 9 year old are indeed signs of a much smaller pool of criminals.

Right. That is my point.

jmo

It's rare but...take a look at how many missing young people there are and how many unsolved murders of children Indiana has. JBC isn't responsible for all of them IMO.

There are other people out there who haven't been caught yet, and they have this same urge that BG had, and JBC had. Uncomfortable as it is to think about....they are out there. It would be great if there was just one monster but it's not the case.

And again - I'd be relieved and thrilled if we eventually find out that JBC is the one for Delphi or any other crime. My words of caution are not about one POI over another.

It's rare but...take a look at how many missing young people there are and how many unsolved murders of children Indiana has. JBC isn't responsible for all of them IMO.

There are other people out there who haven't been caught yet, and they have this same urge that BG had, and JBC had. Uncomfortable as it is to think about....they are out there. It would be great if there was just one monster but it's not the case.

And again - I'd be relieved and thrilled if we eventually find out that JBC is the one for Delphi or any other crime. My words of caution are not about one POI over another.
Exactly.
@Inthedetails We can’t rule JBC out yet, and I’m sure LE has not, either. Whether it’s him, or one of the other possibilities out there, LE need a break to give them something solid and definitive, so they can announce with confidence. Let’s hope that happens soon.

Finally they arrest Barry Morphew.
Finally Mollie Tibbets’ killer goes on trial.
Finally they indict Vallow and Daybell on murder charges.
Things have really been moving on quite a few cases.
I’m hoping we’ll hear something on this case soon too.

Finally they arrest Barry Morphew.
Finally Mollie Tibbets’ killer goes on trial.
Finally they indict Vallow and Daybell on murder charges.
Things have really been moving on quite a few cases.
I’m hoping we’ll hear something on this case soon too.

Right, you never know when a case will suddenly “move”. After months of stagnation and silence, all it takes is one headline, one announcement of an arrest. Yes, let’s hope it’s soon.

I think there’s a difference between someone who actually observes a crime taking place or a suspect fleeing from the scene because then they have a good reason to remember while the sketch would be drawn immediately following the incident while their memory is fresh. Here the witnesses didn’t know the person they sighted had murdered two teens because no foul play was suspected at the time and it was days and more following before they worked with the sketch artist.

Just my opinion but considering these witnesses weren’t eye witnesses, I don’t think they’d become key witnesses in any future prosecution. But LE went with the first and second sketches hoping it would lead to lucrative tips for them to work toward placing a suspect at the crime scene who was responsible for the murders.
I agree. These "witnesses" and the sketches that were arrived at via a process of elimination. IOW, as "witnesses" described other trail users LE went through a process of elimination. That is, what we have is descriptions of persons in the area that have not been identified. For all anyone knows they can simply be an unidentified user of the trail and not the killer.

I agree, no way JBC is the only possibility. The perpetrator may’ve also moved out of state anytime after Feb/17. More than four years after the fact and considering the media focus on Delphi, no reason to believe he still must be residing close by.

BBM
“We have a strong suspicion that the person is either from the area, has visited there before or has lived in the Delphi area for a number of years," said Sgt. Kim Riley of the State Police, who has served as a spokesman in the investigation….”
Delphi killings: What we know about killings of Abby and Libby
This isn't a huge area like the Great Smoky Mountains or Yellowstone. One can make the argument that someone who is very much at home in the woods with a keen sense of direction could have sussed this all out in one or two trips. A hunter, soldier or marine or paintball competitor for example. I tend to believe, though, that this is someone who lived in the area or visited quite a bit several years ago. If this killer was a middle school student 10 years earlier or before or visited a close relative (no longer alive or in the area) in area 10-15 years ago is more likely in my thoughts.

This may be from being out of state but these murders strike me as rage against Delphi or LE versus sexually motivated. Primarily to induce fear or payback for some perceived wrong. It is just the impression. Jmo.

The scenario that you describe has led to many wrongful convictions. Most of the people exonerated by DNA evidence in recent years were initially convicted based on eyewitness testimony.
I understand that happens, I didn't say that this would be the only thing that BG would be convicted on because I know that LE need way more than that to secure a conviction in a case like this.

No, I would agree that the murder of the Delphi girls and the attempted murder of the Lafayette 9 year old are indeed signs of a much smaller pool of criminals.

Just thinking, until JBC’s name was mentioned in the media I can’t recall the Delphi murderer categorized as a pedophile. It was JBC’s alleged crimes against a 9 year old that focused toward that direction IMO. Neither do we know much about JBC, if his victim preference is solely young children or if he’s simply an opportunist.

I don’t recall LE ever stereotyping the perpetrator either although DC did refer to Abby and Libby as “little girls” in the Apr/19 PC. But both were 5’4”, 100 and 200 lbs respectively and unlike young children, were out for a hike without requiring parental supervision so they may’ve not been immediately recognized as ‘children’ especially if the perp first sighted them from a distance.

I’ve also unsuccessfully searched for a video I recall. LE was pleading for tips and said something like “you don’t know, it could be your mother, sister, (various other family members), next. This comment wasn’t limited to children which leads me to believe LE chose not to publicly associate the killer with pedophilia, although we don’t know why.

So my point is the pool would also be much larger if it’s not limited to only crimes against children. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaus28