Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #136

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking a lot about the transcript you posted of Holeman’s interview on page 47 in this thread (thank you for that, BTW!), and, particularly, this little bit of it: ”'Cuz it was February so there was still people on vacation or winter "snowbirds" they call them, and so there were still some houses that we didn't make contact right away, so... But we have now, I mean we continue to do that and now six months later we're still getting new tips on people, so we're following up on those.”

If Holeman is implying or saying that making contact with a snowbird, who ostensibly was nowhere near Delphi before, during, or for weeks/months after the murders, resulted in new information or tips, then that’s quite interesting, IMO. A scenario that immediately came to my mind was that BG possibly made use of an empty snowbird’s property, either squatting on the property (a barn or a shed?), parking there, or quickly escaping across the property, and was perhaps briefly caught on an exterior camera. (Could explain the escape route?) The snowbird returns home after several weeks or months down south, links the trespasser footage with the murders, calls in the tip and possibly provides a screenshot or couple-second footage. It takes LE time to review the tip and perhaps originally dismiss it, but then “continuously reviewed and examined” that “some bit of new information.” Boom, the old but unused sketch from 2017 is released in 2019.

I just think it's awfully interesting that Holeman specifically referred to snowbirds and, in a roundabout way, empty houses, when talking about having new tips after six months. I mean, it could also be someone came home after a few months of unplugging from Delphi/Lafayette life and thought they recognized the sketch, so. Who knows.

And, of course, this is an interesting development today about the blackout. Hopefully it means LE is inching toward a close, or have closed it but can't jeopardize the Lafayette trial if JBC did it.

(Long, long, long-time reader on WS; first post. I live a couple hours from Delphi and drove HHH around Delphi many times on the way to Purdue games back in the day but would in no way say that I’m familiar with the town. I’ve followed this awful case for years and have read a lot of threads and information, but please forgive and ignore if the snowbird/empty property scenario has been discussed and dismissed before.)

Just my opinions and speculation only.
Welcome! I am glad to see you join the discussion.

LE (especially Holeman) has been so deliberate about any info they've released, it is an interesting angle to think about.

Holeman mentioning that they didn't make contact right away with owners of empty homes and following up months later could be connected to a tip that was originally dismissed.

A homeowner who had been gone for months who delayed submitting footage from a tresspasser could certainly be a factor here.

Some home security cameras are only triggered by movement... maybe something was captured on a different day that they didn't realize was significant at the time, and they later circled back to it and realized it was the killer scouting out the area ahead of time?

I don't recall reading about any Search Warrants taking place in the 'snowbirds' homes, but then again, LE has kept the details of most of the SW's pretty secret.

With your semi-local insight, I am interested to know whether or not you were aware of the Monon High Bridge prior to these murders taking place?

JMO

Welcome! I am glad to see you join the discussion.

LE (especially Holeman) has been so deliberate about any info they've released, it is an interesting angle to think about.

Holeman mentioning that they didn't make contact right away with owners of empty homes and following up months later could be connected to a tip that was originally dismissed.

A homeowner who had been gone for months who delayed submitting footage from a tresspasser could certainly be a factor here.

Some home security cameras are only triggered by movement... maybe something was captured on a different day that they didn't realize was significant at the time, and they later circled back to it and realized it was the killer scouting out the area ahead of time?

I don't recall reading about any Search Warrants taking place in the 'snowbirds' homes, but then again, LE has kept the details of most of the SW's pretty secret.

With your semi-local insight, I am interested to know whether or not you were aware of the Monon High Bridge prior to these murders taking place?

JMO

I’m glad the post was possibly somewhat useful! Holeman seems like a thorough and specific yet relatively open investigator; I’m even intrigued that he walked back “…but we have now, I mean we continue to do that…” That’s a really interesting thought that a snowbird’s security camera could have caught BG before the murders! Definitely.

I wouldn’t at all consider myself even a semi-local. The weird thing about rural Indiana (and most Midwest states, I’d assume) is that a town 40 minutes down a highway can seem like your backyard (which is why I WOULD consider JBC a local), but a town 2-3 hours down the same highway can feel like a different world. For me, Delphi is a town you pass through on your way to somewhere bigger; those kinds of towns are all over Indiana’s highways and tend to blur together. (I recently drove through Nebraska and couldn’t figure out what was ‘wrong’…it was not seeing endless random little towns cutting cornfields into acred-off squares.)

My most clear memories of Delphi are (1) pulling over to eat at the Arby’s with the railroad track right behind it off Old State Road 25; (2) the colorful freight trains that were almost always active in that area when we drove through; and (3) possibly (POSSIBLY) brown landmark road signs for the Historic Trails. It’s the freight trains and tracks that I remember most about Delphi, but, no, I had no idea that the Monon High Bridge existed until the girls were murdered. But I find it beyond strange that lifelong Delphi locals reported not knowing it existed. I don’t get that. It seems like a heavy railway/railroad town, and it also seems like a hell of a landmark for such a small town.

In my town, there’s a short but elevated and decrepit railroad bridge that is part of an expansive, wooded trail system. Everyone knows it’s there, but it’s also on the main trail. I used to cross it with my friends back in middle school (all the kids still do it!) and explore the river bank underneath it. We didn’t have cell phones back then, but, boy, does this case hit home in a lot of ways. Indiana has a lot of trail systems built on, around, or near the old railroad lines. As it is, old railroad bridges are all over Indiana, in towns, cities, and even on random rural backroads between two middles of nowhere. But a bridge as high and as long as Monon High seems to be? I’ve never seen one of those in-person in Indiana (I’m not the explorer I imagine myself to be, though) and would probably have naively told you it wouldn’t exist in Indiana. I can see why LE thinks he’s a local.

This got long and nostalgic… Hope it helps.

Edited to add: my opinion and speculation only.

yes, how many brazen sadistic child abductor/murders are in any rural area the size of this area? None.

99.5% of child molesters do not kill the child

Had he pulled this double murder, the LE would have found him a long time ago. He is impulsive, might have even killed before, but not planned.

Here is the question

we don’t know much about the BG, but knowing what we know, what is more likely:

- that he keeps an open FB and vents his psychosis to the whole world
- that he keeps no FB, stating “no time”
- that he keeps a closed FB, with his family and a few friends; posts family trip photos, some memes, new Covid information, well-informed but nothing extraordinary. Maybe all he does is liking his friends’ photos.

I do not have insider information. Just using common sense.
Was this 1 year old killed? Hopefully not.... and if they weren't then not the same profile. again, the percentage who actually kill the child drastically reduces the chance

Holy Moley batman
Batman has followed me around the internet for years. Holy Moley is right.
Many, many years.

Had he pulled this double murder, the LE would have found him a long time ago. He is impulsive, might have even killed before, but not planned.

Here is the question

we don’t know much about the BG, but knowing what we know, what is more likely:

- that he keeps an open FB and vents his psychosis to the whole world
- that he keeps no FB, stating “no time”
- that he keeps a closed FB, with his family and a few friends; posts family trip photos, some memes, new Covid information, well-informed but nothing extraordinary. Maybe all he does is liking his friends’ photos.

IMO it is likely, BG having no private Fb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members