Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #137

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave Bursten said Keep in mind that there is a likliness of possibility of more than one person, were not saying that the person that the voice that you heard is the same as the person here ( he outstretches his hand indicating a different place) he then says this is all very complicated very involved.

I agree they are focusing on one person as the killer again Bursten when on unveiling Sketch 2 pointed directly at it and said we believe this is the person that murdered those two little girls.

But I beleive the evidence points to killer acting with others to commit this crime.

Take the audio. I am now advised by a WS member with legal knowledge that I can give my interpretation and opinion on it.
In my opinion I hear
The guys:- and then you can take the chick/chicks and rush past her down the hill.

In my opinion this is someone giving others instructions..Is it instructions to how someone is to be abducted?
What came before or after we have no record of could the male whose voice we heard have given instruction to girls as well as guys - maybe.

To listen to the audi can I suggest you use the official recording from the link below.. using in ear headphones and volume as high as you can get it adjust the settings wheel bottom right of the video to 0.75. personally I use just the right ear piece. replay will be needed for you to become accustomed to the slower speed ..you can also adjust the setting again to a lower setting if you feel you need more clarity of a specif word being spoken...
I hope this helps
The audio footage starts at 8.15 in the link

For what it's worth. My personal hunch on what they know is that it was an abduction/kidnapping gone wrong. I don't think the intent was to kill them in the trail area. I don't think the initial plan was to take 2 victims, I don't think the perpetrator was equipped for dealing with controlling 2 people, and it caused problems that led to the perpetrator having to improvise but they have attempted to make it look like that was the plan. I think the outcome would have ultimatly have been the same. I can't really go into why I think that here, as it's based on quite a bit of non LE verified information.

I agree there is a lot of unusual noise, which I am unsure as to why it wasn't cut out. They've done a lot of playing about with the audio IMO, I had thought perhaps because the phone was being held with fingers over the mic or in a pocket at the time and so they've had to do a lot of playing to get the voice clearer.

I've tried your recommendation, I am struggling to define words if I am honest. But I am also 8 beers deep and all for new ideas on this so I will try again when more cogent :p

jmo.

I've tried your recommendation, I am struggling to define words if I am honest. But I am also 8 beers deep and all for new ideas on this so I will try again when more cogent :p

jmo.

Good to hear you will try again ..dont rush the analysis of it. I always make sure Im relaxed and in quiet room without distractions you will have to replay numerous times and dont forget to remove one earpiece if you find it makes things clearer.
I always listen to audios over a period of days and at different times of the day, but you will find the adjusting of the speed setting on the video as described previously a great tool for tuning into spoken words that cannot be heard normally in recordings.

For what it's worth. My personal hunch on what they know is that it was an abduction/kidnapping gone wrong. I don't think the intent was to kill them in the trail area. I don't think the initial plan was to take 2 victims, I don't think the perpetrator was equipped for dealing with controlling 2 people, and it caused problems that led to the perpetrator having to improvise but they have attempted to make it look like that was the plan. I think the outcome would have ultimatly have been the same. I can't really go into why I think that here, as it's based on quite a bit of non LE verified information.

I agree there is a lot of unusual noise, which I am unsure as to why it wasn't cut out. They've done a lot of playing about with the audio IMO, I had thought perhaps because the phone was being held with fingers over the mic or in a pocket at the time and so they've had to do a lot of playing to get the voice clearer.

jmo.

I agree @infinit.. they knew.
Thats leaves with the motive for the abduction now. Were the victims themselves the intended traget or was it the relationship of the victims to someone else that made them the target.

Whose phone was actually being used to record these events and for what purpose.

Could some of these recordings have been sent to a third party to prove a abduction/kidnap had taken place?

Just my opinions.. thinking outloud

I never thought JBC was bridge guy but the more I read about him the more I think it is possible. In February 2017 JBC was residing in Kokomo which is not far from Delphi, the tattoo on his arm looks like Libby and he allegedly changed his FB Profile to private for exactly 1 year after the girls deaths. Relatives have said that he is the type of person capable of the murders of Libby and Abby. Did I mention that he liked hanging around the woods and there are quite a few photos of him camping out and always by himself? He is ticking quite a few boxes..

i'm not feeling the 3 or 4 perp theory ..this many people can't keep a secret...also there would be a much different approach to finding them and arresting them..there would be additional DNA..and why wouldn't Libby get all of them on her phone or why would police hide the others from the public?

I was also thinking that JBC is the type to try to make his murder look deep and full of hidden meaning s etc..this is just his narcissism and wanting to emulate famous killers. ( he really does not have the intellect to support real
puzzles and clues). but he want it to look that way and that's why it's so complicated..probably none of it really means anything.

also his step father called his father a sperm donor or something like this and of course there are issues there, especially if his stepfather spoke these poisonous words to him as a child...because he was a sadist even in childhood and tried to drown his little 1/2 brother.

seems like he wants to kill children, this is his thing..he has a thing, he has an ax to grind..and unlike LE , I for one do not think " he has and ounce of goodness" left in him.

In my mind he spent his formative years in prison, I heard he spent much time in isolation...with a great deal of time to fantasize and even create another reality in his own head..it just makes sense..they let him out and he was a wandering person with no place to go much of the time. Could not sustain due to bouts of irresponsibility and
alcohol abuse. So he has just been out there " doing his thing" wandering Indiana with money in his pockets from welding jobs and the state...

mOO

The first time I listened to the audio, in the very beginning, I heard clear footsteps crunching on leaves. I have been following this from day one and this is the case I am most vested in on WS. I did not hear that crunching on subsequent audio released not more than a day later. I am convinced that some audio was removed or tinkered with pronto from the original audio released . This is just an FYI and MOO.

On another note we have discussed "guys" over and over. I have never thought there was more than one person involved but after yesterday's discussion I am thinking it could be possible there was more than one person. I live very close to Delphi and have most of my life. I use "guys" all the time. This did not seem strange to me but now I am not so sure. Guys is sort of inclusive and I would use it if people are familiar, known to me. I also might use it for men I did not know or a group of males and females I did not know. If I was addressing 2 teen girls I did not know I would absolutely use "girls" or 2 boys I did not know I would use" boys". I would think that "girls" would give the speaker authority, "guys" not so much. JMHO

The first time I listened to the audio, in the very beginning, I heard clear footsteps crunching on leaves. I have been following this from day one and this is the case I am most vested in on WS. I did not hear that crunching on subsequent audio released not more than a day later. I am convinced that some audio was removed or tinkered with pronto from the original audio released . This is just an FYI and MOO.

On another note we have discussed "guys" over and over. I have never thought there was more than one person involved but after yesterday's discussion I am thinking it could be possible there was more than one person. I live very close to Delphi and have most of my life. I use "guys" all the time. This did not seem strange to me but now I am not so sure. Guys is sort of inclusive and I would use it if people are familiar, known to me. I also might use it for men I did not know or a group of males and females I did not know. If I was addressing 2 teen girls I did not know I would absolutely use "girls" or 2 boys I did not know I would use" boys". I would think that "girls" would give the speaker authority, "guys" not so much. JMHO

@raja Im from UK ... can you give some insight as to how chick/chicks is used when referring to a female. Is the term chick/s used by a certain male type or age, particulary around Delphi

I don't really ever hear chick or chicks used. That may be because females would probably find that derogatory IMO. It may be used by males in conversation excluding females but I don't know. Of course if you were getting ready to commit a crime on two girls you are not worried about respect or derogatory names.
@raja Im from UK ... can you give some insight as to how chick/chicks is used when referring to a female. Is the term chick/s used by a certain male type or age, particulary around Delphi

lets say a gun was used for shooting .. which i dont believe is the case...but ive been having this argument with someone
is it true that if you fire a gun..you MUST lose your hearing for a while and so you cant have a convo with others.??!!! what about killers caught instantly or chased by le.. or those talking with accomplices..

I think when all is said and done there are only 2 viable scenarios:
- BG is local to Delphi and LE have a good idea who he is but do not have any concrete evidence. Delphi is too small to not have had anyone identify him, even if it is a more vague "local connection" such as someone with family there or someone who grew up there. Someone would have identified him to LE I reckon.
- BG is not local and LE has no idea who he is. This would make a one and done or serial killer scenario more likely with Libby and Abby unfortunately being a stranger target.

I can see both scenarios being probable. So frustrating.

lets say a gun was used for shooting .. which i dont believe is the case...but ive been having this argument with someone
is it true that if you fire a gun..you MUST lose your hearing for a while and so you cant have a convo with others.??!!! what about killers caught instantly or chased by le.. or those talking with accomplices..
Mostly not true. When young and foolish, I many times fired weapons while not wearing earplugs. You are unlikely to be deafened unless it goes off right by your ear or you are in a sound-amplifying environment. This is true even for powerful handgun and rifle rounds. (But you should really use earplugs for your long-term ear health.)

Mostly not true. When young and foolish, I many times fired weapons while not wearing earplugs. You are unlikely to be deafened unless it goes off right by your ear or you are in a sound-amplifying environment. This is true even for powerful handgun and rifle rounds. (But you should really use earplugs for your long-term ear health.)
That's been my experience as well as I've fired medium caliber rifles and shotguns without ear protection when younger. I've been next to a naval deck gun, 3"50 cal, with ear protection and was still conversing with those around me. And if this guy used a .22, .25 or .32 it not only won't be a problem, but those in that rural area probably wouldn't pay it any mind.

I'm from an area just north of Delphi. We don't use "chick" or "chicks" when referring to females. We use "guys" for two or more males or females or a mixed group. MOO

i'm not feeling the 3 or 4 perp theory ..this many people can't keep a secret...also there would be a much different approach to finding them and arresting them..there would be additional DNA..and why wouldn't Libby get all of them on her phone or why would police hide the others from the public?

I was also thinking that JBC is the type to try to make his murder look deep and full of hidden meaning s etc..this is just his narcissism and wanting to emulate famous killers. ( he really does not have the intellect to support real
puzzles and clues). but he want it to look that way and that's why it's so complicated..probably none of it really means anything.

also his step father called his father a sperm donor or something like this and of course there are issues there, especially if his stepfather spoke these poisonous words to him as a child...because he was a sadist even in childhood and tried to drown his little 1/2 brother.

seems like he wants to kill children, this is his thing..he has a thing, he has an ax to grind..and unlike LE , I for one do not think " he has and ounce of goodness" left in him.

In my mind he spent his formative years in prison, I heard he spent much time in isolation...with a great deal of time to fantasize and even create another reality in his own head..it just makes sense..they let him out and he was a wandering person with no place to go much of the time. Could not sustain due to bouts of irresponsibility and
alcohol abuse. So he has just been out there " doing his thing" wandering Indiana with money in his pockets from welding jobs and the state...
Can we say specific things about JBC here?

11/20/20 Monday, 10:55 a.m., deputies arrested James B. Chadwell II, 41, Lafayette, on an unknown charge

Police reports, Nov. 14, 2020

7/20/2016 Saturday, 9:50 a.m., deputies arrested James B. Chadwell, 37, 1000 block of North Apperson Way, Kokomo, on a charge of operating while intoxicated

3/14/16 Sunday 12:35 a.m. — Arrest. James Brian Chadwell II, 37, Peru, was arrested on a warrant of receiving stolen property. CCSD.

Police Blotter: March 14, 2016
7/20/2016 Saturday, 9:50 a.m., deputies arrested James B. Chadwell, 37, 1000 block of North Apperson Way, Kokomo, on a charge of operating while intoxicated

Police reports July 20, 2016

5/10/16 Saturday, 4:15 p.m., police arrested James B. Chadwell II, 37, Peru, at the intersection of Indiana 18 and South Meridian Road, Bunker Hill, on a charge of hit-skip.

Police reports, May 10, 2016

Just another fool who has been to the range without hearing protection. In the 1980's.

More recently, using a noise-cancelling headset. Effective sets are about $50. These are designed to muffle the shooting sounds & do allow you to carry on a conversation between rounds while wearing them!

Just another thing this cowardly child-murderer might have carried, or stashed, or....

jmho ymmv lrr

thanks guys for the feedback..I knew this guy was just trying to force his theory down my throat ..which I knew didnt make any sense with the zillions of situations with criminals .and cops and so on
but he was just using this ( now if you have ever fired a gun ) ..which I did once in my teens ..it was a rifle and I recoiled and fell .. but he didnt need to know that :rolleyes:

Do any of you remember the meth house the ISP busted after 2/13/17? Many arrests. Posters at the time thought it was part of the A & L investigation.
I don't remember. Can you provide a memory-refresh or are you asking because you don't remember either?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke