Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #139

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Extortion is common in these cases. It's the vehicle to maintain control.

Another thing these pervs might do, they buy marijuana for their juvenile victims. After this, the girls (and boys, as they prey on boys, too) are doubly afraid. First, ashamed, and then, scared because of the illegality part. If they manage to escape the tenets, they end up with PTSD and often, addiction. Some never escape and are being trafficked. Ugly, ugly world, and there are lots of such pervs around. KAK is going downhill, and I don't feel sorry for him. I don't think he is BG, but he is rather close. One hopes...

P.S. remember, yesterday I mentioned preying for victims on KIK, and today, KIK is involved in KAK's affidavit? I mentioned the victims being as young as 12, and he does have 12-year-old girls. Not a killer, perhaps, and not too smart, but a mature predator.

Another thing these pervs might do, they buy marijuana for their juvenile victims. After this, the girls (and boys, as they prey on boys, too) are doubly afraid. First, ashamed, and then, scared because of the illegality part. If they manage to escape the tenets, they end up with PTSD and often, addiction. Some never escape and are being trafficked. Ugly, ugly world, and there are lots of such pervs around. KAK is going downhill, and I don't feel sorry for him. I don't think he is BG, but he is rather close. One hopes...

P.S. remember, yesterday I mentioned preying for victims on KIK, and today, KIK is involved in KAK's affidavit? I mentioned the victims being as young as 12, and he does have 12-year-old girls. Not a killer, perhaps, and not too smart, but a mature predator.
I agree with you, except I am still considering him a suspect. He's either the killer or an accomplice.

I agree with you, except I am still considering him a suspect. He's either the killer or an accomplice.

He is very close to the killer and knows who the killer is. JMO.

P.S. could the killer be a very good hacker? And perhaps, moving to a different building was explained by the need of better protection?

When I saw the news this morning I too jumped to the conclusion the girls must have been catfished but that is not necesaarily the case. Remember this case? I believe this has been discussed in one of the threads.
Alaska teens allegedly kill friend in twisted catfishing scheme after $9M offer - National | Globalnews.ca
Very interesting. The catfish, Darin Schilmiller, in that case was also based in Indiana and his victims were in Alaska. One of the Insta profile descriptions of anthony_shots / Kegan Kline showed he was lived in Alaska and Indiana. I wonder if Darin had a connection to Kegan? I can kind of see BG looking like Darin...

P.S. could the killer be a very good hacker? And perhaps, moving to a different building was explained by the need of better protection?
That's the thing though, if he did know who the killer is, then he'd have every reason in the world to cooperate.

I don't know what the sentencing guidelines are for those charges, but we've got to be talking potential decades in prison.

If he knew, he would have spilled by now to save himself.

The KAK affidavit states that a new lead investigator was assigned to KAK's case on April 24, 2020 and that the forensic examination of the devices which were seized in 2017 was delivered to the investigator on June 12, 2020. Investigators then met with prosecutors the week after the forensic examination was delivered. Makes me wonder if there were some issues with retrieving the information on the devices. It mentions that many of the devices were secured by PIN codes including the iPhone 4 on which the majority of the chat logs and abuse images were found.

The file paths of all the files and chat logs listed in the affidavit also begin with "Cellebrite" (i.e "Apple iPhone 4\Cellebrite\files\video\ IMGi3630"). Cellebrite is an Israeli company that specializes in providing software to law enforcement agencies for use digital forensics and notably for hacking into iPhones. This article from 2020 states that ISP had spent around $500k on software from Cellebrite and other digital forensics companies since 2015.

I'm curious about when ISP got access to these specific tools used for this case and how that impacted the investigation into KAK.

I have no doubt there were problems accessing information deleted from his devices. Apple is better at working with LE now but they were not five years ago. Even with a search warrant, they would refuse to release information - even information like a username and password.
With that information, an app can be accessed and logged into even if it has been deleted from a device.

This is a quote about a case I referenced earlier today. The investigation and conviction of this perpetrator took six years. And this is the usual course because the information is difficult to access.

"The investigation was complex, Minkler said, requiring more than 100 state and federal search warrants along with electronic surveillance, wiretapping and sophistic computer forensics techniques. Minkler said more than 200 grand jury subpoenas were issued in an effort to find the “needle in a haystack.”

Bakersfield Man Who Wanted to Be ‘Worst Cyberterrorist Who Ever Lived’ Charged in Indiana Child Sextortion Case: Officials | KTLA

That's the thing though, if he did know who the killer is, then he'd have every reason in the world to cooperate.

I don't know what the sentencing guidelines are for those charges, but we've got to be talking potential decades in prison.

If he knew, he would have spilled by now to save himself.
I agree with you but what if he was involved, even peripherally? What if he was present and didn't know what the other person planned but found himself caught up in it, even participating?

IMO, he's better off if he says nothing at all. The jail time for child *advertiser censored* is stiff but his involvement in a murder would get him a life sentence or worse.

The fact that he added the date of the girls' murders to his FB page, as the date he was in Las Vegas, is a red flag to me - especially considering the other dates listed on his profile are more vague like a month and year. He was only specific with that date which is telling.

I agree with you but what if he was involved, even peripherally? What if he was present and didn't know what the other person planned but found himself caught up in it, even participating?

IMO, he's better off if he says nothing at all. The jail time for child *advertiser censored* is stiff but his involvement in a murder would get him a life sentence or worse.

The fact that he added the date of the girls' murders to his FB page, as the date he was in Las Vegas, is a red flag to me - especially considering the other dates listed on his profile are more vague like a month and year. He was only specific with that date which is telling.

There are intriguing things for sure that point to this guy. LE knows way more than we do, and seem to be very interested in this angle.

I don't believe they have strong DNA evidence here, which is why we haven't seen Parabon utilized.

That means that KAK would be incredibly valuable to them, and a likely candidate for an immunity deal.

Something like no additional time (on top of his current charges) if you agree to cooperate against BG.

He's been behind bars for a year and a half, and that hasn't happened.

So I don't know what to make of this.

Just thinking about LE’s ask……”On Monday night, Indiana State Police issued a release asking for people who may have had contact with a fake profile with the username “anthony_shots” in 2016 or 2017 to contact investigators….” This might not be only directed toward victims, referring to the words “have had contact”.

Reading this below is a mention of a different Indiana pedophile. Really no surprise how there’s online groups for everything imaginable.

BBM

“Investigators also discovered that Walker moderated an online group for the purposes of psychologically, physically and sexually abusing young children, including infants. Walker would encourage users to share content and teach them how to conceal their identities online…”
Indiana man gets 210 years in prison for making, distributing child *advertiser censored*

Yeah, he's a short little guy, at least according to the description they released.

• FBI description: The suspected killer is thought to be a white man who weighs between 180 and 200 pounds and stands between 5 feet, 6 inches tall and 5 feet, 8 inches tall.

Delphi murders: What we know and don't know 4 years after Abby and Libby were killed

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german/@@download.pdf

FBI poster shows:

White male between 5'6" and 5'10", weighing 180 to 220 pounds

bbm

I can understand why some might be skeptical or even afraid to be hopeful that there is an important link between the girls and this newly released information but consider this -

LE did not need to mention the girls to ask for help/information from victims of the fake profile anthony_shots. In fact, it goes against its self-imposed information blackout that has been in place for at least the last year.

LE knew that the public would be all over this press release, especially because the public has been starved for information. Why cause a firestorm if it's not warranted?

The answer is simple - they would not.

There are intriguing things for sure that point to this guy. LE knows way more than we do, and seem to be very interested in this angle.

I don't believe they have strong DNA evidence here, which is why we haven't seen Parabon utilized.

That means that KAK would be incredibly valuable to them, and a likely candidate for an immunity deal.

Something like no additional time (on top of his current charges) if you agree to cooperate against BG.

He's been behind bars for a year and a half, and that hasn't happened.

So I don't know what to make of this.
This action is more intensive "pressure," perhaps?

You don't need to be a hacker to find somebody's log in details. LE do this if they have email addresses too, basically there are places on the internet called "password dumps" where leaked passwords and their associated emails are literally dumped and published for the world to see, it's easy to search them if you have somebody's email already. Usually you see this as people being "hacked" on facebook and their accounts used for spreading spam. They haven't really been hacked, just lax with their passwords.

Change your passwords regularly peeps.

Last edited:
No I don’t either. Something else that stands out for me is KAK has admitted to contacting underage girls on Instagram and then using SC to chat. One of his profiles was Kline Photography. Libby was an incredible photographer and had beautiful photos posted on Instagram. The two photos sent by SC shortly before the murders, especially the one of only the bridge, had outstanding appeal in an artistic way. This has me wondering if Libby thought she had something going with a wealthy, attractive young man as they both shared a keen interest in photography.

JMO
Even music could have been a connection, IMO.

I’m still absorbing the news and trying to make sense of it.

They have KAK. If he’s not BG, do they think others had access to the profile or to Dropbox? Or - is KAK BG, and they can’t break his alibi nor have enough DNA and therefore can’t charge him with Libby and Abby’s murder, so they are seeking other victims to put him away?

They were finally able to get Jesse Matthew for Morgan Harrington’s murder when they got him for killing Hannah Graham. I am probably repeating what others have already said. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel