Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #139

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man behind 'anthony_shots' account charged for child *advertiser censored*; docs don't tie him to Delphi case
Timeline of events

I haven't followed the girl's case in a long time but I'm just confused now.

If this creep isn't connected to the girl's case, why is he being discussed as if he is connected, in some way?
What am I missing?

With this new development, I'm willing to look closer at an online SM connection. The girls certainly could have been planning a secret meeting with somebody, but looking back over the details released from the beginning, I'm not willing to lean completely to that side of the fence yet.

LE said the earlier recordings were just "stuff girls talk about." It would be surprising to me that the conversation would not include the meet-up, if that was the exact reason they came.

And why would they plan to meet this person on the south end of the bridge? Supposedly it was AW's first time across, so yeah, maybe her motivation was the meet-up, but it seems a strange place to plan a meeting... unless it was the "guys" suggestion, of course. Yet this was never talked about in their recordings?

And if they planned a meet-up, DG picking them up around an hour after taking the bridge photo doesn't seem like much time.

If the bridge photo was a signal of sorts, the meet-up guy would have had to be very nearby to get the message and get to the bridge so quickly. Was that why the car was parked at CPS from noon on? LE would have cell data for sure then. But either way, if the girls weren't sure when/if they would even get a ride to the bridge, the meet-up guy would have to have been on standby. If so, I would imagine there had to be some kind of digital trail.

I guess I'm not saying this is all impossible. LE would likely have quite a bit of evidence, I would hope, even though they stated earlier on there was no SM connection known.

But considering both old information, and this new possible connection, I still feel it was unlikely a planned meet-up. However, the girls being known, peripherally, to the killer, via SM does seem possible. I always thought at some point the girls were followed to the trail, and I still feel like that.

If this creep isn't connected to the girl's case, why is he being discussed as if he is connected, in some way?
What am I missing?

What I have ascertained from the chatter that I have read, is that the man behind Anthony shots is a man who had an indirect connection to BG but this man doesn’t actually know the identity of BG. And that is the missing link that LE has spoke about in the past.
I think.
moo.

(I’m withholding my personal opinion of this new revelation, aka another puzzle piece that LE made the public aware of, in order to not spread gossip nor speculation. Because sometimes, some people read way way way way way too deep into what someone says, taking that info as [a] fact. And this is how rumors get started. It is my personal opinion that those types of comments should be shared on reddit, or BookFace, but NOT here on WS.)

What am I missing?

LE is not directly linking KAK to Delphi. Their ask regards the anthony_shots profile, but KAK’s direct connection to the profile is otherwise known because he’s already been charged with 30 catfishing/*advertiser censored* related counts. How LE might believe the fake profile might be involved in some way with the murders, we don’t know.

BBM

“Abby Williams and Libby German were found dead on Feb. 14, 2017. Indiana State Police and the FBI executed a search warrant in the Kline case on Feb. 25, 2017—more than a week later.

“If the time frame fits now, its certainly worth looking into,” said Whitehead. “Anyone that had contact with this person at any point in time could possibly still have information on their computer that would be helpful to the investigation. He may have shared inadvertently or intentionally revealed some personal information that could be valuable. There might be embedded information in the communications that would be helpful to the investigators also.”

Anyone who may have been contacted, met with or knows something about the ‘anthony_shots’ profile is asked to contact law enforcement,” Indiana State Police said in a statement released Monday night. ….”
Delphi murders: Anthony Shots profile tied to Abby & Libby deaths

I also got very confused. <modsnip>

Here's what I can say that might eliminate some confusion. According to multiple media reports, KK is connected to the social media username that the Indiana State Police spoke of during a press briefing on Monday. However, police have not charged him with involvement in the Delphi murders. One can speculate that they don't have enough evidence yet. However, they do have evidence tying him to other criminal activity. They did recover some electronics, one phone had been wiped. It's not clear how long the phone had been wiped nor why. But there is obvious concern that he may have erased evidence of his involvement in the Delphi murders.

Cops link pedophile who was jailed in 2017 to Delphi murders through catfish Instagram account | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looking back at some older media reports that have become somewhat hard to find. I specifically don’t recall LE EVER ruling out possible social media involvement although I’ve noticed that expressed here, unsourced.

Feb17/17
https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-new...in-to-help-isp-with-tips-about-delphi-murders
“Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said they are looking at every possible angle that could put them closer to closing this case.

“We’re checking their cell phones, we’re checking their social media places Twitter, Facebook and that to see if there’s some type of connection there,” said Sgt. Riley. “We’re looking at every possible option.”….”

Of all the many details known about this case, the photo of the bridge that Libby sent by SC reads to me like an announcement intended to be meaningful to someone, similar to a text msg that might say “we’ve arrived!!!”

I just can’t shake that thought, especially because BP has insisted throughout that the trip to the bridge wasn’t preplanned. Otherwise why would Libby send that SC pic, a location where the SC recipients wouldn’t even expect them to be at? I feel strongly the link to the killer can be found somewhere in her SC friends list, not saying a direct link, even an connection made unknowingly.

It just seems far too much of a coincidence to me that the sending of the bridge pic via SC is also a blatant announcement of where they could be found. How often does something like that happen to identify the location of murder victims and be totally unrelated? JMO

This is a great point. I believe that there’s a high chance that Libby pre-planned this meeting (with the catfish - BG) and lied to those around her, or, she might have been messaging with BG in an indirect way in which she was telling him where she was going to be without explicitly asking him to meet her there. It is a bit embarrassing for me to admit, but back when I was 12, I was catfished. I never ended up meeting with the person in real life, but there were lots of hypothetical plans made, and, if the person had lived closer to me, I easily could’ve seen myself telling them where I was secretly hoping to meet up with them. Nobody in my life knew I was talking to this catfish (parents, friends) until something came in the mail for me. I had never given them my home address — but they figured it out with other info I gave them. I think Libby might have had similar communications with BG, and it breaks my heart. (Please note — this is all just my opinion)

It depends how that contact was made. If it was made on Instagram, the data would still be held on the app until Instagram purges data - and that is if they really purge data. If there were photos exchanged, those would be in iCloud storage at least as long as the account exists and perhaps longer, if not forever.

People think that erasing and uninstalling apps wipe data permanently. It's not true. It hasn't been true since at least 2011 when the first cloud storage was created. There's a reason we say "the internet is forever".

Now, if your phone gets too full of photos and apps, you start getting messages that your iCloud is full, and you’ll have to buy more storage if you want your phone backed up properly.

I assume in that case that photos might be lost permanently?

MOO, based on my own observations

Another flashback, an early CNN interview, Feb 16/2017. It’s still interesting to read the full transcript. If there were 30 known sex offenders within a 10-mile radius, I’d hate to guess how many more were UNknown. That’s one reason why I don’t view JBC as a sole strong possible suspect. Unfortunately he’s not unique in terms of depravity. And yes, Riley refers to “these people” but multiple suspects may’ve been a logical assumption in the early days of the investigation considering there were 2 victims.

CNN.com - Transcripts
CASAREZ: Sergeant, one last question before we go. Our producers estimated approximately 30 sex offenders in a 10-mile radius of Delphi.

Are you looking into that area?

RILEY: Yes, we are. We`re looking -- we`re looking at every angle. We`re looking at social media. We`re looking at sex offenders. We`re looking every direction we can to try to come up with that, some information on trying to catch these people that did this.

With this new development, I'm willing to look closer at an online SM connection. The girls certainly could have been planning a secret meeting with somebody, but looking back over the details released from the beginning, I'm not willing to lean completely to that side of the fence yet.

LE said the earlier recordings were just "stuff girls talk about." It would be surprising to me that the conversation would not include the meet-up, if that was the exact reason they came.

And why would they plan to meet this person on the south end of the bridge? Supposedly it was AW's first time across, so yeah, maybe her motivation was the meet-up, but it seems a strange place to plan a meeting... unless it was the "guys" suggestion, of course. Yet this was never talked about in their recordings?

And if they planned a meet-up, DG picking them up around an hour after taking the bridge photo doesn't seem like much time.

If the bridge photo was a signal of sorts, the meet-up guy would have had to be very nearby to get the message and get to the bridge so quickly. Was that why the car was parked at CPS from noon on? LE would have cell data for sure then. But either way, if the girls weren't sure when/if they would even get a ride to the bridge, the meet-up guy would have to have been on standby. If so, I would imagine there had to be some kind of digital trail.

I guess I'm not saying this is all impossible. LE would likely have quite a bit of evidence, I would hope, even though they stated earlier on there was no SM connection known.

But considering both old information, and this new possible connection, I still feel it was unlikely a planned meet-up. However, the girls being known, peripherally, to the killer, via SM does seem possible. I always thought at some point the girls were followed to the trail, and I still feel like that.

“Stuff girls talk about” might have included a lot of giggling about “how cute Anthony is,” without any context that’d show that it was an online connection.

MOO and purely speculation.

This is a great point. I believe that there’s a high chance that Libby pre-planned this meeting (with the catfish - BG) and lied to those around her, or, she might have been messaging with BG in an indirect way in which she was telling him where she was going to be without explicitly asking him to meet her there. It is a bit embarrassing for me to admit, but back when I was 12, I was catfished. I never ended up meeting with the person in real life, but there were lots of hypothetical plans made, and, if the person had lived closer to me, I easily could’ve seen myself telling them where I was secretly hoping to meet up with them. Nobody in my life knew I was talking to this catfish (parents, friends) until something came in the mail for me. I had never given them my home address — but they figured it out with other info I gave them. I think Libby might have had similar communications with BG, and it breaks my heart. (Please note — this is all just my opinion)

I can definitely see your point here! I could imagine myself at that age wanting to maybe meet with a boy I met online but knew my family wouldn't like it. Even asking if it would be ok to arrange a meeting I feel like they might have gotten super angry with me. I also grew up in a small town where everyone knew everyone. In that situation even if I knew it would better to meet up in a public place (fast food place for example) the chances of someone recognizing me and telling my parents that they'd seen me with a boy would be pretty high in my mind. So maybe meet somewhere where I can be pretty certain that nobody my parents know are going to see me and tell on me? Obviously we don't know if the girls had any plans of meeting anyone a boy or girl...Am just trying to think like my younger self might have seen things (parents discovering being pretty much the biggest fear). I have been following this case and I truly hope with all of my heart that this is it! These girls and their families deserve justice. And the person who murdered them cannot be allowed to get away.

This may not be related at all in the slightest, but I just read about a guy who was arrested recently in the UK who was doing a similar thing to KK, but had thousands of victims across the world, even in the US.

He was making compilation videos of the abuse he had manipulated kids & adults into sending and then selling those to other gross pedos. These videos were his SOLE source of income, that's how much money he made from it. Timing of that arrest interesting too.

Abdul Elahi: Blackmailer sold abuse 'box sets' to paedophiles

It's not a stretch to think this is what KK was doing/was trying to do. This was announced yesterday.
This is the type of situation that i have always imagined might have occurred with the murder of the girls, even as far as wondering if the perp live-streamed the crime or at the very least, took pics and posted/sold them to like minded creeps.
Did somebody spot the girls pics on some freaky site that somehow led back to KAK and his operation, and/or other connections?
complete speculation, imo.
This thread is a tough one to handle, but it gives some indication of what is going on..
Europol, Stop Child Abuse – Trace an Object - help ID victims.
imo, speculation , fwiw.

Another thought could be since LE states the anthony_shots profile was getting addresses of where girls lived, he or someone connected to the profile could have been watching one of the girls. After being dropped off at the bridge alone, the perp acted.
Maybe one of the girls had communicated online with him, but became uncomfortable and ended the communication. This rejection took obsession to the next level.
(Pure speculation)

Thanks for sharing and you have no reason to be embarrassed. Unscrupulous people are all around - they fake professions, lead conspiracy theories, create fraudulent financial schemes and even pretend to have inside knowledge, anonymously writing of it on SM and always find people to “believe”. I can truly understand how young people are prone to keeping secrets and how easy it must be to get them to believe someone special has come into their lives.

It is possible. Monticello, Indiana is just 20 minutes north of Delphi and is the home of the Indiana Beach Amusement Park, campground, and two lakes, Shafer and Freeman. Many Illinoisans have lake cottages in Monticello and visit this area in the summer months due to it's proximity to Chicago (about 100 miles south).
Am I wrong to imply that Monticello is a posher version of Delphi? This would somehow fit…

Am I wrong to imply that Monticello is a posher version of Delphi? This would somehow fit…
I wouldn’t necessarily call Monticello “posh.” I would say it is like Delphi on a lake.

Many or most of the lakefront homes are very small and quite old, like bungalows less than 1000 square feet. Many lakefront homes are mobile homes. Many homes are in a state of disrepair.

They aren’t the typical lakefront homes you would see around Lake Michigan, for example.

... Man, LE have been working hard! They’ve been so committed to this case! Fingers crossed this will be solved very soon!
Pez, 100% with you on that. The whole time I've been following this case, I have felt certain that law enforcement people were seriously working on the case, all the time. I was sure that the people with badges would *not* let this case be forgotten, that the girls' murders would be solved if it were humanly possible. And the anthony_shots news makes me sure that was the case. The LE people were working nonstop, though we didn't see it, and that's how the KAK link was exposed. Whatever that link actually may be.

And notice how many hopeful messages are being posted now! :) This catfish/KAK turn gives us solid reason to believe the murderer(s) WILL be caught and prosecuted.

Another thought could be since LE states the anthony_shots profile was getting addresses of where girls lived, he or someone connected to the profile could have been watching one of the girls. After being dropped off at the bridge alone, the perp acted.
Maybe one of the girls had communicated online with him, but became uncomfortable and ended the communication. This rejection took obsession to the next level.
(Pure speculation)

What I can’t quite wrap my head around is the addresses. Obviously this good-looking fake anthony_shots isn’t going to drive up in his porsche and pick up girls for a date. He admitted to LE that he got his rocks off by the videos and pics he collected from his victims, but we don’t know who he was sharing stuff with via dropbox.

The only reasons I can think for pedophiles to attempt to meet up with catfished victim is solely nefarious - such as intent to rape, or follow through with an abduction, confinement, prostitution, ie human trafficking. Under either scenario, if the girls fought back the motive of the perp to murder may well have been to simply silence them to avoid them becoming potential witnesses. Unfortunately for the victims, the secrecy that occurs in catfished situations ultimately works to their disadvantage.

Even IF anthony-shots is not related to future murder charges at all, I think the discussion of catfishing and dangers of falling into the trap of believing everything on the internet somebody says in general is very valuable.

JMO

Last edited:
Just trying to catch up here is a chore. And I'm still trying to grasp LE's tie btw KAK and Delphi. A false or dead end tip? Mistaken identity? Or was said or attached to a social media site or group that KAK was a part of? If it is the later I wonder if someone only identified by a screen name said something only the killer would know. I don't believe KAK is the killer and he may not even know or be aware of a connection. The fact that LE put out the information video on anthony_shots leads me to believe LE STRONGLY believes there is some connection.
Grandfather of Libby German speaks to NewsNation about new information on the case | NewsNation Prime
Wow! They searched KAK's place TWO WEEKS after the murders?!?!?! I've often speculated that LE had the tip they need and got it early on, but for one reason or another it was buried in that massive pile of tips. (They 18K in tips by the start of the summer in 2017 and many unsolved crimes don't have that in 10+ years.) But they actually executed a search warrant very early on and are now circling back around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel