Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #141

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t know if all Libby’s SM connections from after the reset could be traced. For example the internet activity on the device used by the user anthony_shots led to his service provider - comcast - which in turn led LE right to his residential address. Apparently he made no attempt to hide his unscrupulous online activity.

But what about others? What of outgoing calls, contacts via apps, email addys? Were each and every one associated with a service provider and traced to a legitimate residential address and innocent person? What about proxy servers, phoney addresses, online activity using free public internet service?

Clearly LE is open to the possibility of catfishing involvement simply by making this recent ask for information. That happened for a reason. Perhaps that was the point, if not anthony_shots then someone else - they put the possibility on the table. JMO
I still have MOO someone bold, a habitual shoplifter, thief and worse.
<modsnip - no link to support as fact>

I see everything happening within 2000 ft. And withn 50 minutes.
All with no guarantees of others being not being in the woods.
Not afraid of heights, not afraid of the chance of discovery, also not afraid their conscience or that compassion might interfere with their violent plan of killing innocents.

Perhaps it is true somehow on the wiped Libby phone and Kik type app there was a record of what led to this, so frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends what you mean. It is clear that LE does not believe that Abby and Libby were lured to the trail.

It has been suggested (several times) that BG could have lured someone else to the trail but then that person was a no show—so he took out his rage on Abby and Libby. That's unlikely but not impossible. Maybe LE is simply trying to find out whether KAK ever asked anyone to meet in that area—whether he was familiar with that trail system.

(I still don't think KAK has the right body type to even be a possibility for BG, but I can understand why LE would need to do their due diligence and attempt to rule him out.)

LE has never outrightly stated KAK is a suspect or is believed to have been an accomplice. But just upon asking for possible information that’s connected to this case regarding a known catfishing pedophile, to me that indicates LE is NOT ruling out a similar scenario might be involved in these murders.

I still see the possibility the killer knew the girls were to be at the bridge, but not necessarily was it a planned meetup.

Anyway, the idea that there is nothing of importance on the rest of the recording taken that day, well, this old boy has considered that notion a bit lately.

If so, if there's nothing there, then why not release it? Is it because it's too terrifying for our fragile minds to handle? Or out of respect for the families, because of the horror that's contained thereon?

Or is it that there IS evidence of importance on the rest of that recording, far and beyond girls talking girl stuff?

I still have MOO someone bold, a habitual shoplifter, thief and worse.
Apparently there was a MHB bridge committee man, a female photographer and a couple carrying on an affair near the MHB trail, close to the fatal time frame that day.
Add Abby and libby themselves that is 6 people.
7 counting DG and 8 counting BG.

I see everything happening within 2000 ft. And withn 50 minutes.
Not afraid of heights, not afraid of the chance of discovery, also not afraid their conscience or that compassion might interfere with their violent plan of killing innocents.

Perhaps it is true somehow on the wiped Libby phone and Kik type app there was a record of what led to this, so frustrating.
Replying to my own post because after adding after up the risks and the slim window when the girls would be exposed and the dispatch of the crime, I do wonder if my old opportunist theory is fits as well.
The crime fits someone directly looking to harm at least one of the girls when they were alone and exposed, and not with family, school or sports groups that they and kids in their age group mostly travel in.

We don’t know if all Libby’s SM connections from after the reset could be traced. For example the internet activity on the device used by the user anthony_shots led to his service provider - comcast - which in turn led LE right to his residential address. Apparently he made no attempt to hide his unscrupulous online activity.

But what about others? What of outgoing calls, contacts via apps, email addys? Were each and every one associated with a service provider and traced to a legitimate residential address and innocent person? What about proxy servers, phoney addresses, online activity using free public internet service?

Clearly LE is open to the possibility of catfishing involvement simply by making this recent ask for information. That happened for a reason. Perhaps that was the point, if not anthony_shots then someone else - they put the possibility on the table. JMO

She (Libby) had a Kik profile per her info on her IG acct. I know if you log out of kik and then log back in, all you prior convos get deleted on your end (don't know about the side of the person you were talking with on there). So if she reset the phone and didn't block someone, they could still message her. If she didn't reinstall the app, she'd never see the new messages. It would be hard or impossible to track who was messaging her in that case. Kik is very hard to track from my understanding

She (Libby) had a Kik profile per her info on her IG acct. I know if you log out of kik and then log back in, all you prior convos get deleted on your end (don't know about the side of the person you were talking with on there). So if she reset the phone and didn't block someone, they could still message her. If she didn't reinstall the app, she'd never see the new messages. It would be hard or impossible to track who was messaging her in that case. Kik is very hard to track from my understanding

It might be difficult to track but it's definitely not impossible for LE. Kik cooperates with the FBI and other authorities, and they do retain identifying information on their servers even if users seek to delete their history. See this article about the Nicole Lovell murder - she was also reported first as a missing teen - warrant information from this case shows that Kik provided lots of info to the FBI upon request, dating days prior to the disappearance, and included both IP addresses who communicated with the victim's account as well as messaging history:

Warrants reveal how KIK Messenger helped identify suspect in Nicole Lovell disappearance

The Kik information led them straight to the perpetrator in this case.

It might be difficult to track but it's definitely not impossible for LE. Kik cooperates with the FBI and other authorities, and they do retain identifying information on their servers even if users seek to delete their history. See this article about the Nicole Lovell murder - she was also reported first as a missing teen - warrant information from this case shows that Kik provided lots of info to the FBI upon request, dating days prior to the disappearance, and included both IP addresses who communicated with the victim's account as well as messaging history:

Warrants reveal how KIK Messenger helped identify suspect in Nicole Lovell disappearance

The Kik information led them straight to the perpetrator in this case.

I don't know how in this day and age people think they can still fool LE digitally. The only way I'd ever commit murder would be 100 miles away from my home, completely naked in a forest. And since I'll never go naked anywhere, planet Earth is 100% safe from me ;).

Agree. KIK was in 2017 used frequently by predators. They did not keep data.

I did a little research on this app in question. Interestingly, it was banned by one brand of phone because of its lack of security measures for its users. It’s terribly easy to sign up for and is an open ended platform where creep, disguised as a teen that might be attractive to teen girls, could thrive.

I
[...] I see everything happening within 2000 ft. And withn 50 minutes.
Not afraid of heights, not afraid of the chance of discovery, [...]

I've thought the same thing a number of times: BG felt confident, IMO, of being able to commit a violent brutal act with others less than a half-mile away, even though he must have known that being caught or identified meant jail at the very least. And he felt confident that he could control the girls; must have been fairly sure that one wouldn't spin away screaming and running toward help when he hit on them. It strikes me (as I've said several times) that his very confidence MUST have, IMO, some sort of meaning. Either (MOOoo) he had a great scheme, or possibly he was self-medicated to the point that he was willing to risk it.

Edited to add: "... he had a great scheme, *possibly a great uniform or disguise* ..."

Last edited:
I've thought the same thing a number of times: BG felt confident, IMO, of being able to commit a violent brutal act with others less than a half-mile away, even though he must have known that being caught or identified meant jail at the very least. And he felt confident that he could control the girls; must have been fairly sure that one wouldn't spin away screaming and running toward help when he hit on them. It strikes me (as I've said several times) that his very confidence MUST have, IMO, some sort of meaning. Either (MOOoo) he had a great scheme, or possibly he was self-medicated to the point that he was willing to risk it.

Edited to add: "... he had a great scheme, *possibly a great uniform or disguise* ..."
I've always thought he was disguised that day; thus, his bold behavior.

If so, if there's nothing there (on Libby's phone audio --kk), then why not release it? Is it because it's too terrifying for our fragile minds to handle? Or out of respect for the families, because of the horror that's contained thereon?
Or is it that there IS evidence of importance on the rest of that recording, far and beyond girls talking girl stuff?

Those are very good questions. I think I remember LE saying there was nothing else important, and I'd like to think they would not actually lie about that. But I must admit: whatever is on that audio recording certainly MIGHT be "too terrifying for (my) fragile mind to handle." It might be (I know you're a Shakespearean) like what Hamlet Sr said to Hamlet Jr on the ramparts. Libby's phone audio might say to me:
I could a tale unfold whose lightest word
Would harrow up thy soul, freeze thy young blood,
Make thy two eyes, like stars, start from their spheres,
Thy knotted and combined locks to part,
And each particular hair to stand on end 755
Like quills upon the fretful porcupine.
But this eternal blazon must not be
To ears of flesh and blood.

But did anyone else see a disguise? Or was it easy enough to pull out a badge or id of some sort and THAT was the disguise? Or they expected to meet someone and that knowledge by the perp was the 'disguise'

I appreciate your thoughts. I believe it was said that walking on the bridge is technically illegal, but kind of not enforced and everyone does it. That being said, he could have flashed a badge and ordered them off the bridge to gain control. I also remember a partial mask that one of my coworkers wore to a Halloween party. It looked so real and changed his looks to a point that I didn’t recognize him. That’s possible also. The perp was way over dressed for the day, in my opinion, to defray injuries to himself if a scuffle ensued. Commit the crime. Rip off top layer of clothes, take off hat and mask, and calmly walk away. Just my opinion, but realistically possible in my mind.

I’m reminded of Carlie Brucia. That pervert walked up to her as she cut through the car wash, pulled something out of his pocket and quickly showed her and then took her arm and led her away. I’m certain he told he he was LE or the owner of the business blah blah blah and used that ruse to gain control of her. Fortunately, it was caught on security footage and he’s in jail. Something very similar could have happened to Libby and Abby

Are we allowed to post a picture speculating about what the bridge guy had on him in the photo? I photoshopped what I think is under his coat on top of his photo and show how I believe his hand is holding it. I’d love to hear at least one persons opinion.

Is anyone up for speculating about what I recently noticed in the photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suebrina