Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #147

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished listening to to the Murder Sheet podcast too.

The gas station is not located in a place convenient for folks driving in from out of town, like at an exit off the Hoosier Heartland Hwy. My first thought too was perhaps a meet up with a more local person or someone else coming in from elsewhere. My first thought was JBC.
I figured KAK was searching for someone up near Peru, not necessarily KAK himself, that was going to be going to meet this person before going to the trails.

Red circle—gas station
Pink circle—Monon High Bridge

View attachment 361283

Wonder if Deer Creek if passable on a jet ski from the gas station to Monon High Bridge? Rilley Park Drive would be a good place to pull a kayak out of the water after downstreaming from Monon High Bridge. The Kayak would have to have been placed near the cemetery and hidden in the woods earlier. I forget his name but that one fellow that is in jail for another abduction in a nearby city was into kayaking and had even done Deer Creek I believe.

Last edited:
I noted on street view that there was a school crossing sign right at the intersection of the Marathon station. I had wondered which school it was for, so thanks for the information!
Marathon looks like the nearest place to get get gatorade and snacks to the junior/senior high. Just a short block and a half from the soccer field.

What are the odds that the only business video needed, is the same business KAK did a search for? If this is even true, that is.

So a source told them that KAK's phone (or some device) showed a (google/internet) search for Delphi Marathon gas on April 13, 2017, supposedly the exact same gas station that gave the FBI an (unreadable) hard drive with surveillance for that date. A clerk then said the FBI returned the hard drive, what did the clerk do with it? Wouldn't the manager and/or owner know it was returned and if the FBI had then asked them to put the video in a different format? The Chamber of Commerce lists 467 businesses in Delphi. I'm not suspecting a conspiracy, or that anyone lost evidence or is hiding that KAK was or was not in Delphi. It's more likely that this information is just incomplete, but for some, it will be used to add weight to their theories.

Also, after the search warrant was served at the Kline home, the agent (Ramsey) said the search revealed that the residents of the home were “in no way connected” to the deaths of Liberty German and Abigail. The podcast claimed that this was clearing KAK of involvement based on the Las Vegas information. That was not the context of the statement. I don't think the statement is inexplicable, the FBI needed to be clear that the persons in the house, the location that was just searched, were not suspects or POIs in the murders. This is common in LE, to make sure the press and public aren't jumping to conclusions, it could have bad consequences.
The monetized dueling podcasts and true crime videos on youtube, seem to be driving the headline grabbing claims of new information. Everything in this post is my opinion.

I respectfully disagree. I have found them to be professional in their reporting and not at all sensationalist in their tone or style. I still don’t think the Klines are the end target for Delphi, but it doesn’t bother me that they seem to. I appreciate the information we’ve gotten from them.

ETA: I am very seriously considering doing a podcast on a horrific murder that happened 2 blocks away from me in the early 80s - not because I want to sell anyone as a suspect or make money, but because the accused hung himself in jail and left a note saying he didn’t do it before it ever went to trial, it created (ok, probably just exacerbated - this was early 80s) a huge racial rift in our city (and caused white flight to the suburbs on a notable scale), and no one I ever talked to (including a classmate that played football with him and a very good friend of mine who was one of the first black women in our PD) thinks he actually did it. Will I just be someone who is trying to make money on a podcast, too? No. This case has haunted me since I was seven years old (and downright terrified me at the time), I was convinced my house, my family would be next, and I don’t think it was actually properly solved. But I imagine some will feel that way.
Was this case in FW, IN? If so, it has haunted me for years as well.

Wonder if Deer Creek if passable on a jet ski from the gas station to Monon High Bridge? Rilley Park Drive would be a good place to pull a kayak out of the water after downstreaming from Monon High Bridge. The Kayak would have to have been placed near the cemetery and hidden in the woods earlier. I forget his name but that one fellow that is in jail for another abduction in a nearby city was into kayaking and had even done Deer Creek I believe.
Like you, I also thought about waterways and rental boats .....

Respectfully snipped by me for focus.

I took this to mean that DC was trying to imply that BG could literally be anybody. That BG had everyone fooled because of how he may appear outwardly. IMO, this is why DC said that BG was living in plain sight.

JMVHO. YMMV.
"Then the April 2019 press conference. THE NEW YOUNGER SKETCH!! (A_S persona?) "We believe the killer is between the ages of 18 and 40." "Directly to the killer who may be in this room." The killer was in Delphi the day of the conference, but backed out of going into the room? Or LE had a tracking device on a vehicle headed to Delphi that day?)"
May I please abbreviate your moniker to UA? I won't mind if you want to shorten mine to IQ, although sometimes "low" IQ might be what some think when they read my posts and thoughts, lol.
After the FBI informed ISP that "A_S's name" came up in another case they were investigating....a light bulb the size of a basketball finally went on. This crime has garnered international attention and resources. IMO, from that moment on the residents and visitors to the Peru house have been watched, monitored and tracked. Fairly easy to set up surveillance equipment in the commercial building next to the K house or have vehicles coming and going from there. I feel the entire late Monday morning, April 22, 2019 press conference was planned to kick the hornet's nest and see what flew out. KAK, TK or pal? Someone or some vehicle (being surveilled) was heading for Delphi... and LE assumed he/they would attend the press conference. ('You want to know what we know.") Heck, the perp may have even made it to the inside of the lobby, got spooked and walked away. BTW, I believe my SS is great at blending in a crowd and not drawing attention to himself. IMO, the most dangerous snake is the one who blends in with the environment and difficult to spot. Like a chameleon, blending with the environment, quietly remaining unnoticed and overlooked is their means to survive another day. (Hiding in plain sight.)
I am aware there are others who have drawn attention to themselves because of their past crimes, even taunting their proclivities on social media. My SS is cunning (the smartest guy in the room) and patiently contrives identities to lure his victims. He takes a trophy from each of his victims.... their photos, locations, secrets and trust. And to show others his power, he can't help but share his "brilliant schemes and accomplishments" with like minded predators.
(I think I just wrote the prologue for a crime show.)

I respectfully disagree. I have found them to be professional in their reporting and not at all sensationalist in their tone or style. I still don’t think the Klines are the end target for Delphi, but it doesn’t bother me that they seem to. I appreciate the information we’ve gotten from them.

ETA: I am very seriously considering doing a podcast on a horrific murder that happened 2 blocks away from me in the early 80s - not because I want to sell anyone as a suspect or make money, but because the accused hung himself in jail and left a note saying he didn’t do it before it ever went to trial, it created (ok, probably just exacerbated - this was early 80s) a huge racial rift in our city (and caused white flight to the suburbs on a notable scale), and no one I ever talked to (including a classmate that played football with him and a very good friend of mine who was one of the first black women in our PD) thinks he actually did it. Will I just be someone who is trying to make money on a podcast, too? No. This case has haunted me since I was seven years old (and downright terrified me at the time), I was convinced my house, my family would be next, and I don’t think it was actually properly solved. But I imagine some will feel that way.
sorry but
they were unprofessional to start with.. when they obtained a document that wasn't meant for the public and all through using the profession of one of them ( which like one lawyer said is def against the ethics of the bar )
they are constantly pushing a fav suspect making it look like its a done case
already i've seen ppl celebrating the case being solved ( AGAIN )
AND again.. this is my strong argument against juries !

Another thing this new info is making me remember, is a certain line of questions that TL answered in the Carroll County Comet Q&A that he did in February of last year. This always stuck out to me -

Q. Was video collected throughout Delphi from Feb. 13, 2017 including video from the building across from the abandoned CPS building (The Anderson’s)?

A. Multiple pieces of evidence, including anything technologically based, have been gained. At least information followed into or brought to the attention by the investigators.

Q. No matter how distant, do you have the man walking on the bridge, videoed by Libby, on any other video?

A. This is close to an evidentiary information question and I prefer not to respond.

This seems like the member(s) of the public asking these two questions may have been probing to see if LE would reveal info about the Marathon security video, or LE's efforts to obtain video in general. Or, perhaps some of these questions were not from "readers" as purported, and instead were planted in the article by police with the assistance of the Comet editors. "You want to know what we know."

Source: County Sheriff answers double homicide questions from readers - Carroll County Comet

What are the odds that the only business video needed, is the same business KAK did a search for? If this is even true, that is.

So a source told them that KAK's phone (or some device) showed a (google/internet) search for Delphi Marathon gas on April 13, 2017, supposedly the exact same gas station that gave the FBI an (unreadable) hard drive with surveillance for that date. A clerk then said the FBI returned the hard drive, what did the clerk do with it? Wouldn't the manager and/or owner know it was returned and if the FBI had then asked them to put the video in a different format? The Chamber of Commerce lists 467 businesses in Delphi. I'm not suspecting a conspiracy, or that anyone lost evidence or is hiding that KAK was or was not in Delphi. It's more likely that this information is just incomplete, but for some, it will be used to add weight to their theories.

Also, after the search warrant was served at the Kline home, the agent (Ramsey) said the search revealed that the residents of the home were “in no way connected” to the deaths of Liberty German and Abigail. The podcast claimed that this was clearing KAK of involvement based on the Las Vegas information. That was not the context of the statement. I don't think the statement is inexplicable, the FBI needed to be clear that the persons in the house, the location that was just searched, were not suspects or POIs in the murders. This is common in LE, to make sure the press and public aren't jumping to conclusions, it could have bad consequences.
The monetized dueling podcasts and true crime videos on youtube, seem to be driving the headline grabbing claims of new information. Everything in this post is my opinion.
It does seem like a big coincidence. My question is whether the FBI/LE lost any other footage, and/or if KAK's device searched anywhere else in Delphi that day (like the trails, for example). This "source" may or may not know that information, or maybe LE has asked MS not to publish it...IDK.

As far as the FBI clearing the people in the Peru house early on, the first news reports about Ramsey stating that appear to be from mid-afternoon on 2/25/17. For example (2/25/17, 3:37pm EST): FBI searches Peru home in relation to Delphi double homicide

Except, we also know that KAK was being polygraphed about Delphi (per 2020 interview) until 7:30pm that same night. I can't remember who conducted that polygraph: ISP, Peru police, FBI, etc., but it just doesn't all add up, imo. I think there's more to it.

If it is true that KAK's device searched anywhere in Delphi on 2/13/17, AND his device searched the Galveston family the day before ski mask peeper, that is pretty d*mn suspicious, imo.

Last edited:
It does seem like a big coincidence. My question is whether the FBI/LE lost any other footage, and/or if KAK's device searched anywhere else in Delphi that day (like the trails, for example). This "source" may or may not know that information, or maybe LE has asked MS not to publish it...IDK.

As far as the FBI clearing the people in the Peru house early on, the first news reports about Ramsey stating that appear to be from mid-afternoon on 2/25/17. For example (2/25/17, 3:37pm EST): FBI searches Peru home in relation to Delphi double homicide

Except, we also know that KAK was being polygraphed about Delphi (per 2020 interview) until 7:30pm that same night. I can't remember who conducted that polygraph: ISP, Peru police, FBI, etc., but it just doesn't all add up, imo. I think there's more to it.

If it is true that KAK's device searched anywhere in Delphi on 2/13/17, AND his device searched the Galveston family the day before ski mask peeper, that is pretty d*mn suspicious, imo.

Ramsey’s seemingly unilaterally clearing the Klines while KAK was still being questioned never made sense to me.
First, it was obvious from the search warrant, redacted or not, that LE was there for a Delphi connection and not just CSAM.
Second, as stated, KAK was still being questioned and polygraphed when it was said.
Third, the media and everybody who heard it then took Ramsey’s words as gospel at the time. Even now, after everything that has come out since December, people will point to Ramsey’s statement that day as proof that KAK has no connection to Delphi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishbl