Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she was very good at sneaking a picture. I'm thinking he had no idea she snapped a picture or was recording. I don't think he ever thought about a phone, which makes me think he is older than 18. JMO
I had thought that but now I think that what we have is just a bit of Libby getting him into the frame of a video of Abby she was recording otherwise she would have really focused on getting more. I don't think they were at all concerned about him approaching. They had a far enough head start to have been long ran and called for help.

I doubt he lives in Delphi. The community is so small, I can't imagine him living there and not being found yet. All IMO

maybe he moved away shortly after, but was a standup guy so nobody thought anything of it. now he comes back but to visit family + friends, so he's not on anyone's radar. pure speculation.

I still believe that he had advanced knowledge the girls were going to be there. What are the odds that an opportunist killer happened to be in that particular area of secluded woodland on the very same day that two young, unsupervised girls would be there? MOO, he had taken an interest in/harboured a grudge against one or both of these girls beforehand, found out somehow that they were going to in the woodlands that day, and concocted a plan to murder them. If my theory is correct, then it is totally plausible that the killer is 'hiding in plain sight'.
I think it’s totally plausible that this guy is hiding in plain sight, regardless of if this was a targeted attack.

He may have walked that area many times before, and spotted women or girls that met his victim type.

Perhaps he had never struck before, because the opportunity hadn’t presented itself.

He could have gotten lucky on this particular day.

I still believe that he had advanced knowledge the girls were going to be there. What are the odds that an opportunist killer happened to be in that particular area of secluded woodland on the very same day that two young, unsupervised girls would be there? MOO, he had taken an interest in/harboured a grudge against one or both of these girls beforehand, found out somehow that they were going to in the woodlands that day, and concocted a plan to murder them. If my theory is correct, then it is totally plausible that the killer is 'hiding in plain sight'.

And he could have easily overheard their plans, maybe at school the day before, on the bus (thinking school employee, obviously), maybe a family member told someone the girls were going & he found out thru the grapevine, I can’t recall if they put plans on FB. But even texts back & forth in their circle of friends might have been shared with a brother of a friend. Endless possibilities.
Moo

I’m a newbie to this case, but am also wondering did anything more come of the guy Libby’s dad saw on the bridge??? IMO he would be a prime suspect. Did her dad ever give a description of that guy??

Nothing was ever said about the man coming from the bridge by LE one way or another, before or after. For the first few months it wasn’t known who was supposed to have picked them up until both families and iirc Det Riley appeared on the Dr Phil show in Dec/17.

On that show BP described how the girls were only allowed to go to the trail system if they could arrange a ride there and back. Libby’s sister happened to be headed to work and stopped to visit a friend so she dropped them off. Libby’s dad was out of town helping his mom, BP with her appraisal business so he agreed to pick up the girls on his way back into town IIRC. Unfortunately I have no link, due to copyright this Dr Phil Show does not appear in full anywhere that I’ve noticed but I thought it was quite enlightening as far as prior unanswered questions regarding the events of that day.

Just some support for my drawings of the POI on page 3. If you disagree, lemme know why, keep the ball rolling.
I hadn't noticed a moustache before, I had assumed it was a shadow or something. Thanks for the drawings, as before I couldn't figure out the hat and now that I can, I see its an older style one. It does look like he has some kind of white?black? scarf on but not sure.

I had thought that but now I think that what we have is just a bit of Libby getting him into the frame of a video of Abby she was recording otherwise she would have really focused on getting more. I don't think they were at all concerned about him approaching. They had a far enough head start to have been long ran and called for help.
I’m starting to think that. Her pic clear. His a mess. If they were scared they’d turn around and go other way. Call someone. Idk. I’m starting to think the emotion the detective was feeling was maybe this guy killed again since he wasn’t caught

Former homicide investigator: Delphi case is solvable
"Updated: Apr 24th, 2019 - 11:10am (EDT)
DELPHI, Ind. (WTHR) — Former investigators are closely watching their colleagues working on the Delphi murder case as new developments generate brand new tips."

"Kathy Guider is a former FBI agent who has handled hundreds of cases. She is a founding partner at her Indianapolis-based investigation company called Veracity, where she serves as vice president of operations. Although neither she nor her company are part of the Delphi investigation, Eyewitness News asked Guider to weigh in.

"We do a lot of investigations, background investigations," she said. "My gut feeling is something has come to light, something has come out or come up through investigations and they are aggressively pursuing this new information."

"Despite the 2-year timetable since the murders of Libby and Abby, Snow believes the Delphi case is solvable. Now, as state police start to go through new tips, the former investigators stress no new tip is too small.

"If it was my case, I would prioritize the new tips and organize with my other investigators how I check each and every tip," Guider said. "I can guarantee you that the investigators on this case are thinking about how to solve this case every single minute of the day."

Sorry in advance if this theory has already been posted - the thread is too long for me to read completely. Just wanted to say that after watching the presser, my theory is that BG has been inquiring heavily about progress on the case both in person and anonymously online and he accidentally included an unpublished fact, which caught the attention of the police, who started monitoring him. (I wonder if it was something about how the girls' bodies were left, because the police specifically say the girls are not how you left them). This explains how the police seem to know a lot about BG without knowing his exact identity. I think the police dropped clues to let BG know they're monitoring him (the Shack, the fact that he has a family and that someone has noticed he's acting differently). I'm sure they'll be able to connect the online identity with BG in time, but it'll go faster if the person/people he was talking online with recognize the details and go to the police, or if BG cracks under pressure after realizing he's being monitored and someone reports his unusual behavior.
Good theory! Did the local school.have Monday after Easter off? Did LE plan so people may be back in area visiting for Easter. Yes he could have sent in something and it had not been disclosed yet.

Joseph Duncan didn’t have previous knowledge that Carmen Cubias and SammieJo White would be walking to a store. He kidnapped and murdered both girls.

Israel Keyes carefully planned his serial murders and stashed kill kits sometimes years ahead of time. He picked out the Curriers long before he murdered them.

Libby's phone was found by LE.

Starts just after the 2 minute mark.
Notice they say pulled by a special task force. I would put my money on they found the phone in the water and the two audio clips were only what could be pulled from the damaged memory card. Unless the guy deleted the stuff and they used recovery and autosave files.

I hadn't noticed a moustache before, I had assumed it was a shadow or something. Thanks for the drawings, as before I couldn't figure out the hat and now that I can, I see its an older style one. It does look like he has some kind of white?black? scarf on but not sure.
I will have to look that over I have been hyper focused on a few things like his waist and face, I haven't even really analyzed that abnormal frilliness around his chest and neck yet.

My thinking is they have DNA results via Ancestry or one of the other sites, from close matches to this POI. They have it narrowed down to a few possibilities. They may have been cautioned by the local DA that the link is still tenuous and are reluctant to file charges right now. It sure sounded to me like they know it's someone right there in town.

Everybody was looking for an older guy, it may have been someone just a bit older than the girls.

maybe he moved away shortly after, but was a standup guy so nobody thought anything of it. now he comes back but to visit family + friends, so he's not on anyone's radar. pure speculation.
Moving away for college but coming to visit parents or siblings, maybe?

Side note, during the PC Carter said the LE O may have even spoken to the BG before. Could that mean something other than being questioned? As in, someone who was around while someone else was interviewed or questioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member