Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I've looked at many of Gray's videos but most are from 2017 and I can't find the location of the abandoned Welfare Building where the car was parked.

Finding the CPS Welfare building.

Its on County Road 300 on the east side of I25 where 300 runs briefly north/south parallel to I25.
Its between where CR 300 goes under I25 and the where the east side of the delphi trail foot bridge comes out at ( at its observation circle.)
The building and its parkimg lot are in the west side if the street.
Building had since been torn down.
Can clearly seen from an map app.

During the press conference, he said, "This is about power for you." He also said "You want to know what we know."

I thought he meant that the killing was about having power over someone. But I think it means having power over law enforcement. I think the killer has bragged that he has power and has been mocking them with questions like, "Do you know where I took them?"

My thinking is they have DNA results via Ancestry or one of the other sites, from close matches to this POI. They have it narrowed down to a few possibilities. They may have been cautioned by the local DA that the link is still tenuous and are reluctant to file charges right now. It sure sounded to me like they know it's someone right there in town.

Everybody was looking for an older guy, it may have been someone just a bit older than the girls.
I think using Ancestry is a strong possibility. That is why LE knows the person has ties to Delphi but haven't been able to pinpoint exactly who the person is.

thinking aloud....

jmo

Just posting this link as it has a google map and the location of the abandoned building where the car was interest was parked, if anyone’s interested. It’s reportedly a five minute walk to the trail system.

Community hopeful after new images, audio released of suspected Delphi killer

On that topic, just my thoughts.....For the first five months LE released no sketch. LE obviously hoped the photos and the audio would lead to an arrest. So then in July/17 came the first sketch, reportedly one or more witnesses only recently came forward claiming they remembered seeing the guy walking on the trail.

Now the latest sketch and LEs interest in this car that was parked but curiously, they’re not giving a description of it, no make, no model, not even the colour. The potential witness appears not to have been walking on the trail at all, rather someone who noticed the driver of this parked car for some reason. This is the “new direction” IMO. LE now have reason to believe the driver of this car committed the murders. That’s huge - if the witness saw what the driver looked like LE surely know a lot of information about the ID of the car as well.

“Indiana State Police say they are looking for the driver of a vehicle parked at the old CPS/DCS/Welfare building that was abandoned on the east side of CR 300 N next to the Hoosier Heartland Highway between noon and 5 p.m. Feb. 13, 2017. That's the day 14-year-old Libby and 13-year-old Abby went missing. Their bodies were found the next day just out of sight of the bridge. Police did not give a description of the vehicle.”
Community hopeful after new images, audio released of suspected Delphi killer

“The sketch released on Monday was drawn by Bryant on Feb. 17, 2017, a few days after the victims' bodies were found. The picture was based on the description of a person who saw something that the person felt needed to be reported, according to Bryant....”
Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released
Thank you! That's what I have been looking for. I am still about 300 posts behind so I just saw this.
I was just trying to figure out if the killer could have already been in the area where the girls were before they were dropped off.
So it appears as if it is possible that he saw the girls being dropped off, or soon after, and made his decision at that time that he was going to kill them. Imo

There are so many possibilities. Ive been following this case since the beginning. I first thought it was a likely serial killer and definitely not his first murder. Possibly first double murder.
Since the Closs murders & kidnapping by 18 yr old Jake Patterson and also thinking back to Alyssa Bustamente’s first murder at 15 years old, I’m rethinking the possible suspect and motivation.
Personally, I don’t believe this is a serial killer, but do believe that he’s behaving as one.

I do think it’s quite probable that this is his first time killing, even though starting with double murder, is incredibly unusual.

I don’t think they would have taken video of footage of him if they knew him. They clearly knew something was up.
In the press conference I think they emphasized that the way he walks isn’t necessarily related to gait but the structure of the bridge - ie. being forced to walk in that manner to keep balance on the bridge?
I honestly don’t know what to think but it does seem that they know who has done this now.
If they knew and he was local, why wouldn't they just go pick him up ?

Just wondering..
Is it possible for someone to take the sketch and reproduce it digitally into a photograph?
I am not suggesting that anyone here do it, not sure that altering photos is in anyway allowed.
But... I am wondering if maybe police/forensic artists are considering it?
Kinda like the "age progression type photos" .
It would be interesting to see the sketch turn into a full color photo-esque version.

Just me being me, and of course all MOO
Posting altered photos is against WS rules, FYI.

We want to keep the thread open! Closing a thread during new developments is torture, I tell you, torture!

:)

jmo

Just posting this up, reference to “the girls’ phones” that was mentioned quite often early on. If it wasn’t inaccurate reporting, I continue to wonder if Abby indeed had a cellphone and later LE didn’t want that fact disclosed for good reason. Might a mother later deny her daughter had a cellphone if it was helpful to the investigation for some reason? In her shoes I’d do whatever it takes to find the killer of my daughter, even if it involved public deception.

BBM

5:30 p.m.
“After family could not locate the girls they contacted the Carroll County Sheriff's Department.
The Carroll County Sheriff's Department, Delphi Police Department, and Delphi Fire Department were joined by the Department of Natural Resources to search for the two missing girls.

Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said crews began canvassing the area and tried pinging the girls' cell phones into the evening hours but had no success in finding them. The sheriff said they believed the girls' phones were either dead or turned off.“
DELPHI TIMELINE: The search for Libby & Abby's killer

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

“Just 24-hours before, the girls were hiking the trails, dropped off around 1:45 p.m. on Feb. 13. About 25 minutes later, Libby posted a Snapchat of Abby on the bridge. By 3:11 p.m., they had gone silent, Libby’s dad trying to track them down.

“He got there and nobody was there. He ran into a guy and he was coming from the bridge. He said ‘did you happen to see two girls up there?’ He said ‘no I did not.’ By 4 p.m. it was like ‘oh man,’” said Patty.”

bbm
I think the guy crossing back across bridge is not the BG. IMO to be less suspicious, he would've stayed on the other side of the creek and made his walk either back to town or via that 'abandoned' car.

Dear ToothSlooth,

Great insight!

I agree that the hat and clothes were purposely chosen to conceal his body - to make him look larger than he actually is - and to definitely cover his head and face area.

His legs seem too slender for those pants. The jacket is oversized and possibly chosen to conceal whatever he has hidden inside.

When I look at the video still photo of BG, I believe there are shadows on his face and that throws off his identity as well. In addition, his head is down and his glance is down which doesn't help with identification.

The authorities have definite insight as to whether this perpetrator is likely to have committed violent, murderous crimes. They don't share this information, but we will find out when they catch this monster (and I have faith that this investigative team will).

In my opinion only. What if the newer photo is the BG but re-done to show what he looks like without a "disguise". Maybe someone saw him before he put on the hat etc. My other thought is what if the newer photo is what the BG would look like about the time he may have lived in Delphi. Seeing the younger photo, someone states hey, that looks like Joe Smith.

If they knew and he was local, why wouldn't they just go pick him up ?
I don't think they knew for sure until recently. They can't just go pick him up until they have enough evidence to ensure a conviction.
Knowing who he is is only half the battle. They need the evidence to convict. I think that's what they are waiting for. Hopefully it won't be long.
By now the killer knows that it is only a matter of time before they come for him. Jmo

A few frames made me think hair too, but I posted in the last thread about counter shadowing and camouflage theory, i think it's just a cause and effect of being a pattern like real tree camo.
I can't think of the name of that style of hat, but its been around for many years.

I think the guy crossing back across bridge is not the BG. IMO to be less suspicious, he would've stayed on the other side of the creek and made his walk either back to town or via that 'abandoned' car.
Or....was part of the "thrill" to be hiding in plain sight. Did it give him a power trip to walk back to his car just like s regular person out for a walk? If so, talking to a concerned dad looking for the girls must have been quite a rush.

I don't know if the man was BG, but I don't know he wasn't either.

jmo

Or....was part of the "thrill" to be hiding in plain sight. Did it give him a power trip to walk back to his car just like s regular person out for a walk? If so, talking to a concerned dad looking for the girls must have been quite a rush.

I don't know if the man was BG, but I don't know he wasn't either.

jmo
Yeah hard to say, but also he would've had wet pant legs from crossing the creek I assume, so that wouldn't help him keep inconspicuous!

I'm probably going to explain this terribly so advance apologies but try to figure me out ... way back there was a lady working with the images and she had a brilliant moment where she figured out that the bump that looks like the dented part of the hat, was actually a result of two frames merging together in the screen grab and causing a misalignment. I'm not sure of all the technical terms but something along those lines. She was able to split the photo and realign it and it looked less like a hat and more like a head to the best of my recollection. It's probably somewhere in the image thread but I can't find the image thread. If someone can link me (or also remembers this) I'll try to find it. Thought this might help the new guy who is doing a great job with the photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member