Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two sketches released in Delphi murders are not of the same man, Indiana State Police say
"While both sketches were drawn in 2017, police clarified that the renderings are "not the same person."

The old sketch shows a man in the age range of 40 to 50 years old, according to police. He appears to be older than the newly released sketch, which appears to depict a much younger man.

On Wednesday, police said the man in the second sketch could be in his 20s to late 30s. His appearance could be different, police say, if he has grown facial hair or has longer or shorter hair.

"The Delphi community should reflect back on people they know in the community that look similar to the sketch released on April 22," the release said."

These are sketches of two different men.

They are no longer looking for that first guy, as they don’t believe he is the killer.

Something changed.

A newly released sketch of a man suspected of killing two Indiana teenagers in 2017 was created only days after the girls' slayings, but authorities aren't saying why they held onto it for more than two years.

Indiana State Police initially released a composite sketch five months after the February 2017 killings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams depicting a white man with a goatee.

The sketch released Monday shows a clean-shaven, younger-looking man with significantly different facial features.

A state police sketch artist tells The Indianapolis Star he drew it three days after the girls' bodies were found.

Police spokesman Sgt. Kim Riley declined to answer any questions Wednesday about the sketch.

Police Superintendent Doug Carter said Monday that "new information and intelligence" leads police to believe it depicts the killer.

Sketch of suspect in killings of 2 girls was made in 2017

Posted: 10:44 AM, Apr 24, 2019
Updated: 12:44 AM, Apr 25, 2019

I know I’m thousands of miles and the Atlantic Ocean away and I am sleeping with the light on. I can’t imagine living in Delphi and watching that press conference on Monday.
The date on the actual article says February 17 2017 updated on February 18 2017. I don’t know why the date at the top has Thursday’s date. The content seems to fit February of 2017.
I'm getting the article dated 25 April 2019.

Is the bridge guy that looks like he has a big belly wearing a hat NO LONGER a suspect? Is LE saying the bridge guy is the suspect but now looks like a younger skinnier guy??? I don’t understand.

Put this head
529128ff-77dc-41e6-9701-9c290f44ef0b-handout.jpg

on this body
4e-jpg.181008

and you have the killer.
Ha! You’re the best.

It’s late, and everyone will be able to understand that.

Just a few thoughts: I assumed someone thought the first sketch looked more like the guy in the video. Which, now that I'm looking at it again, it is too pixelated to make out whether or not it is an older guy or a younger guy. The outfit made me think middle aged. So, perhaps stereotypes influenced the choice of the 1st sketch. I think at the time that the 2nd sketch wasn't the face they expected to see on that middle aged looking body in the video. Winter outfits by their nature conceal plenty. Still, both sketches or any additional sketches should have been released 2 years ago. It seems strange that they would point their fingers at the 2nd sketch now and tell us to ignore the first one. We don't know what the witness saw that "should be reported". Maybe the detectives didn't think it was related at the time, that something else shady might have been going down totally unrelated to the murder, but somehow something has recently came to light that made them decide he is the same man as the one in the video.
I did think it was strange that in the press conference they said that they are just getting started. That makes me wonder if their clues weren't getting them anywhere the last 2 years, but something has came up that has given them an actual direction to go in. New tip. New technology.
Someone mentioned they thought they saw a watch on the guy's right hand so that made them think he might be left handed. However, I am right handed and I've always worn my watch on my right hand.
Someone had made a comment about how the case might actually have been hurt by the video still somewhat. The argument is that someone might suspect someone and might have put in a tip, but then they discounted that suspicion because the person doesn't quite look like the sketch and the video isn't clear. Anyone with a suspicion should ask themselves the question, could this person look like the video image if they dressed differently? Also, as I was walking back from the gas station I considered how very different I am than my brother. I have gone on rail trails to bike and rollerblade, both in urban areas and in very rural areas and have done so alone. (I'm not sure I will anymore.) In contrast, my brother likes the air conditioning and probably will never be found on a wilderness trail outside of a couple state parks he rarely goes to but never alone. Going back then to why this guy was there in the first place. This person who did this was comfortable on that bridge and likely walks a fair amount outside. He isn't one of those guys who is afraid of dirt or sweat. I can see him being outside a lot. He may even walk that trail a lot or go to that area of the bridge regularly. He might walk alone a lot, either because he doesn't like to drive, doesn't have a car, or his car is unreliable.

Sorry to ask is there any way you could please break your posts up into paragraphs to make them easier to read? It would be very much appreciated. I don’t want to not read your posts because it is too difficult as I like to read every post possible. So many good points are made by all of you and I don’t want to miss yours. Sincere apologies I don’t mean to be critical or rude at all I hope you are not offended.

O/T I've only walked a bridge like this twice in my life... It was during my invincible teen years... And the bridge was not nearly as high nor as long as Monon. Mid-bridge I was certain I was going to fall off, fall through, or a train was sure to approach and, well... Bottom line was... I was terrified. First time I crossed was in the dark! I did not skillfully dance across those beams, it was more like me in a mine field. Can't imagine seeing a video of my crossing... It surely wouldn't represent my normal walking style. But, maybe people who are used to crossing these types of bridges have only minor troubles.

What does BG stand for?

Has LE given a description of the perp’s estimated weight and height?
Bridge Guy.

White male between 5'6" and 5'10", weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddish brown hair. His eye color is unknown. The suspect is believed to be between 18 and 40 years old but may appear younger.

It's two years two late to ask these questions. Yes someone might remember because of the significance of that date in a small town, but I can't remember what I had for breakfast let alone a car two years ago. This is absurd in my opinion.
I remember February 13, 2017 verily well. I took my sister to chemo early in the day. My sister took a picture of the two of us on her front porch. It was a really nice day for February. When I got home about 5:00, I took my dogs for a walk in the woods by my house. I took pictures of the creek, the trees and my dogs. As I was walking back to the house, the sun was starting to set. I had an weird feeling and said to myself "You know this really isn't all that safe out here." I had walked out there probably 100 times over the years. Maybe it got creepy because it was getting dark. Maybe I had a sense that all was not right in the Indiana woods that day. On the 10 o'clock news, I heard the girls were missing.

With it being reported that the families left the press conference angry or frustrated, it makes me wonder if they were blindsided with the info. I can’t imagine them not being prepped ahead of time??? MOO
It's been reported that LE met with the family the in the morning, prior the presser and shared with them what would be discussed. I can't say 100%, but I also believe it was mentioned that they showed them the sketch.

It is said when telling a lie to stay as close to the truth as possible. Perhaps early on a person(s) from the initial search provided valuable info to authorities that now has been proven as false.

I have a hunch investigators have data that an individuals alibi was fabricated. My theory is his/her deceit was detected when their phone pinged at the cell tower near the trail/crime scene. Perhaps that is why investigators want witnesses as to the car being at the parking lot between noon and 5/5:30 pm that day.

My theory/opinion only.

Last edited:
Is the bridge guy that looks like he has a big belly wearing a hat NO LONGER a suspect? Is LE saying the bridge guy is the suspect but now looks like a younger skinnier guy??? I don’t understand.

BG stands for bridge guy. Law enforcement have confirmed he is the killer he just looks younger now as shown in the latest sketch provided.

The man in sketch one is not a person of interest anymore and sketch one is to be disregarded.

The New FBI poster may help

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german/@@download.pdf

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/abigail-williams/@@download.pdf

Last edited:
Many wishful thinking here. But by all accounts PE has confused the public with new sketch. It is still clear as mud after several clarifications. The young man picture just doesn't fit with BG. The new sketch has very distinct features. You can likely count a few guys in town and a few nearby. IMHO, PE is clueless, throwing another smoke here. Don't get why they hid so much info that the public can help since two years ago. Wrong strategy to me.

I agree, there would be an outcry if this happened in Aust. and the Chief Inspector would be sacked if he couldn’t explain why.

LE is saying that the original sketch, the man who looked older and is wearing a hat, is no longer a suspect. They also said that the sketch that was revealed yesterday, the younger looking, clean shaven man, IS the suspect. The man in the video and the new sketch are the same person according to LE.

Edited.....gosh, it's late! I had to correct errors!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member