Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has probably been stated but I can’t read through all the threads. Where did the video clip of the man walking on the bridge come from and why is it such a short clip?

It came from the phone from one of the victims (Libby). It was recovered and this was on it. It's only a small portion of what was actually on the phone that was released to the public. Law Enforcement has said they have a lot more they will not release to the public.

My consolidated theory.

The killer was telling the girls that he needed their help down the hill in order
to throw off their threat detection, he wanted to appear vulnerable. " Guys I need your help, my wife is hurt down the hill, my dog is hurt down the hill, my truck needs a push start down the hill, I will give you $50 each"
he threw one of the girls off the a the lower, descending part of the bridge in order
to order to gain control of the other while the she was shocked; most likely in a moment of opportunity.
His hat is a hunting/winter cap with ear flaps or a real tree regular baseball cap. He is wearing carpenter pants, a double layered jacket (one that you can unbutton the second layer). He might have a tapered a mustache, he has Caucasian features and possibly uses chewing tobacco.
He is clean, he might have been on his lunch break, working close by and living in one of the smaller towns of the area. He lives in such a setting and lives his life in such a manner that either his peers are miscreants and don't talk to the police, or he is liked and level headed enough to not throw up any flags. The phone was possibly found in the water and what audio there is was recovered using the FBI or State lab. The Drawings are my own, not LE! I updated my drawings a bit to include the cord on the jacket, layered shirts etc.

Attachments

• 10.-Diamond-Candy-Sportswear-Womens-Waterproof-Jacket.png
    10.-Diamond-Candy-Sportswear-Womens-Waterproof-Jacket.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 500482_29064_41.jpg
    500482_29064_41.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Big-Size---Men-s-carpenter-jea-5745496.jpg
    Big-Size---Men-s-carpenter-jea-5745496.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20190423_183437422.jpg
    IMG_20190423_183437422.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20190423_183537600.jpg
    IMG_20190423_183537600.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20190423_183802455.jpg
    IMG_20190423_183802455.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20190424_191957541.jpg
    IMG_20190424_191957541.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20190424_192010422.jpg
    IMG_20190424_192010422.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 76
  • perspective 2.JPG
    perspective 2.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
There was a young teen interviewed on the news that stated she had been there with her friends and they had seen a man dressed in all black.

Thank you! That is what I remember but couldn't find it.

So would this be accurate? To anyone.

Teen with her friends. (saw man dressed in black)
Man dressed in black.
Couple arguing.
Man in flannel shirt. (per family member)

Last edited:
I think something is up with the transition to the new sketch and the development today the one we have studied for so long isn’t just secondary, but to be discarded. There has to be something new, and important, to cause that.

I'm wondering if the witness who assisted the sketch artist with (what we now know was the second portrait) saw the (what we now know is the first portrait) and told police that, yes, he/she also agrees that the "new" portrait really does look more like BG.

Or, of course, seeing the "new" portrait might have caused a few people out by the bridge that day to notify police at the present time... that, yes... now that they see this portrait, they can now say that they did see this guy.

Last edited:
There was a young teen interviewed on the news that stated she had been there with her friends and they had seen a man dressed in all black.

IIRC the young person who was interviewed recalled it was her friend who said she had seen a man dressed in black. This was discussed quite a lot but it’s difficult to judge the merits of a secondhand story.

All:

I'm posting the URLs to the first four threads for Abby and Libby. Some might find it useful to view/review these; I found it helpful to refresh my memory.

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #1

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #2

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #4

The first 6 pages of Thread #2 discuss LE checking out vehicles, and conducting interviews.

ETA: Just a reminder--we can't put names of these interviewees here.

Last edited:
It was generated by the police from the video still photo from Libby's phone.

That's why it looks so close to B.G. - because it's a police sketch interpretation of how the man could possibly look from the police sketch artist studying the photo from Libby's phone. It was not from a witness.

If I remember right, that’s not what Bryant the sketch artist of the new sketch said on Monday when he revealed he drew that sketch. He said it was drawn from a witness who “saw something and thought it needed to be reported”. On 2/17/17. I think NOW, for some reason, they think it better represents the bridge and killer. My question would be...how? How can you look at the jumbled blurry awful image from the bridge, either still or video, and make any kind of judgement on whether it looks like one sketch or another.

I know I’m thousands of miles and the Atlantic Ocean away and I am sleeping with the light on. I can’t imagine living in Delphi and watching that press conference on Monday.

I'm miles aware and thinking, when walking my little dog, or in the house, I have no means of protection if attacked and avoid deserted areas.
These horrid cases perhaps make us more vigilant, and we tend to notice our surroundings more.
These young girls didn't stand a chance where they were, and I would think such trails are now not frequently used: perhaps hike in groups, with adults being present.
I hope 'being more vigilant' is broadcast everywhere as these creeps may be around.
MOO.

Has anyone read The Shack or seen the movie? If so, can you explain briefly what it might have to do with Carter bringing it up in the news conference?

Yes I could buy the book or watch the movie but then If it is about a murder, I would have nightmares so I don’t dare do that. There are some posts on these threads I can’t even read. I do follow some cases, but not all. Thanks in advance. :)
I saw the movie last year. It is about one man's journey of redemption.
The main character has lost touch with God. He was abused as a child by his father and as a father himself he is struggling with the death of his young daughter, who was brutally murdered by a serial killer in a shack.
Many years later he receives an invitation in the mail to go back to the shack, where he meets the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
God, who is a woman, teaches him many things.
She shows him that even those who are not close to God can find Him approachable and involved, and although He loves all living things, evil can find it's way in the world. She teaches him that good can come out of tragedy. She shows him that people are not the ones in control, and we can find comfort in relinquishing all control to God. She shows him the importance of forgiveness.
It is basically an inspiring movie with religious themes. I think Carter referred to the movie as part of an explanation as to why bad things happen to good people, and to send a message to the killer and anyone who knows he is the killer. Imo

I totally agree.

To completely change the image of the person you are looking for, is a very big deal.

If you’re going to do this, you have to be supremely confident that you are right.

It brings a lot of heat on you from the public, as more than two years have been spent looking for a guy who doesn’t resemble the sketch you have put out.

Not an easy decision, unless something has changed.

Which leads me to believe he is known, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serge