Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see this happening in broad daylight when kids are off school. Way too risky unless he was planning to kill anyone and everyone he encountered that day.
Well, he murdered them in broad daylight and no-one saw anything. Dragging them 50 feet would only take seconds. The actual murder likely took longer than that. Imo

Sorry if this has been discussed (I’m trying to keep up!!) - if they now believe the monster is local, local ties, visits, etc..., is there a threat to other local girls? I don’t recall any ‘warning’ - but I’d sure as hell keep my daughters under lock & key... because if no warning, does it suggest the girls were targeted?

I think it’s one of those things that goes without saying; as long as he is free, he will be a threat.

They don’t want the community going on some war footing, as that doesn’t really do anyone any good.

“There is a killer among us,” probably suffices as a warning.

I would definitely stay vigilant if I was a local. If the killer is in college. Classes are out for summer in approx. two weeks. No evidence the two girls were targeted vs a random crime of opportunity. So, he could strike again.
Any missing persons/sexual assault/assault crimes in neighboring cities? In about 20-30 minutes radius in the past five years?
That's a really interesting, and IMO spot on theory. It would explain the timing quite well, along with the updated sketch.

Nice post i have not seen this before, what i find interesting is when the camera starts panning right @ about 22 seconds and passes by the old building before being torn down.
this video is of the day of the search feb14th?, then look at the area by the old building i swear i see what looks like a white vehicle sitting there?

maybe someone good at the video enhancement like redbeard can give us a better look!

All I see is dirt and gravel, although I can see why some may think there appears to be a vehicle bc of the unique characteristics of the parking area.....JMO

totally agree. I think Carter is so upset bc this killer is such a hypocrite and is one in such a public way - and may even use a public arena to gain sympathy, attention, and even justification. I also understand his plea for the killer to draw on his conscience but I think none of them understand that this killer has no conscience. This killer is extremely narcissistic - it's all about him. what happened to the girls is all about him. he has no concept of others as individuals. The family does not understand what they are dealing with - what psychopathy is. they are using compassion with a viper. they may be falling on mental illness or developmental disability as a denial tool, but they are missing the mark. the family are probably all under the spell his manipulations and do not have their own locus of control remaining to make choices about him. They may think, as is a common myth in domestic violence situations, that it is a family issue they can solve themselves and that should stay within the family. Once someone takes away someone else's children, it is no longer within the family. Justice must be had. This killer (and possibly his family) has a god complex - they think they are higher than the law.

I think the killer might appear narcissistic, but inside, is very scared. He has rationalized what has happened, with certain help, probably, and built the whole system to explain it, but IRL, alone, he is close to the breaking point. His inner defense is exceptionally weak.

And the problem is, that to confide, he has to acknowledge that he is weak, not strong, and take off the mask. He is afraid of the anger of the people of Delphi, he is also afraid that everyone will see him for who he is. I see his dilemma, but I hope he will find the strength.

The family might be way past the God complex, and merely scared for their child, as we all would be. Especially if the child is weak, or has a disability.

Putting myself in their shoes, I see only one way out, the one that could also somehow help the victims' families.

If I was only presented with the video picture of BG, unrelated to this case and asked to estimate the age group of the person, I would say older 40's and up age bracket.
The clothes that he is wearing somehow do not fit in with what I think a much younger man's attire would be. His build as well, seems heavier, his legs, even with the bulky clothes, he seems older than a younger man.

100%.

DNA does indeed help convict. It's difficult to sow doubt when your DNA is found on a victim of a sexual assault, on the murder weapon, etc...

Yes but even then it still must be proven the same person who committed the SA was the murderer and that the accused was in possession of the murder weapon when the murder occurred, beyond any reasonable doubt.

Also, imagine the amount of adrenaline one must have after killing, and how that could have impacted his ability to move dead weight that far. Humans are capable of doing the impossible in such high-intensity situations.

I do track laps with my partner on my shoulders. I have done sprints with men that weigh more than me on my shoulders.

If you know how to distribute the weight, like a firemans carry, you dont need to be particularly strong to carry a 13 year old girl. Your average adult Male could move a girl that size some distance.

I just do not understand that some one who knows him has not recognized the voice- you know the voice of people you know, IMO.

My guess his family doesn't follow this case or knows it's him and is protecting him to save the family shame. Might be a religious component to it because of the mention of THE SHACK. Or assume only God can judge.

I do see a white pickup truck parked but I don't see the building. (I think the video froze up or something)
Is that where the abandoned building was?

Sorry, MsB I'm not sure. I don't think so but I'm really guessing. I've seen it discussed so hopefully someone will clue us in. moo

I am still firmly in the camp that I feel encouraged, rather than discouraged, by the most recent PC. LE has taken this new direction for a reason, and it is likely based on a new piece of physical evidence.

With that said, I am really struggling to comprehend the fact that the sketches are not the same person (to be clear, I do not believe that LE is lying). Honestly, it is not that the sketches look nothing alike that I keep getting hung up on. In fact, that would be a much easier thing for me to accept. It is the fact that the two sketches, who bare little if any resemblance to each other, represent the exact same underlying characteristics of BG - reddish-brown hair, same weight range, and the same height range. How unbelievably uncanny is that? There are two sketches of two entirely different people who look nothing alike.... except for the key published information. The only explanation that I can think of that rectifies those inconsistencies sounds crazier than the uncanny coincidence. Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Coming back to the two descriptions, LE has not wavered from the fact that the girls' murderer has reddish-brown hair. I wonder if LE found a hair on one of the girls. BG did make some mistakes...

I really do believe that LE has found something significant to move this investigation forward!

Last edited:
I do see a white pickup truck parked but I don't see the building. (I think the video froze up or something)
Is that where the abandoned building was?
that truck you see is not what i was referring to let the camera continue panning right.

also i just went back and listened to the latest presser again, listen closely @ 1:33 and beyond he did state" there was a vehicle abandoned" at the old welfare building.

i thought i linked it in my previous response(expanded)
I found it, thank you! It was just frozen on an image, probably because of my phone, but I saw a white truck parked and some cars going by on a road. I couldn't see a building, though, so I wasn't sure if that was the parking lot where the Welfare building was. Jmo

I think it’s one of those things that goes without saying; as long as he is free, he will be a threat.

They don’t want the community going on some war footing, as that doesn’t really do anyone any good.

“There is a killer among us,” probably suffices as a warning.

I agree. So now that the residents in that area are worried about their children or anyone close to them could be the next victim(s), maybe those that know who the murderer is will talk to LE and turn in the guy.

Hadn't seen this before, it seems rather troubling. Any time you have these kids of disruptions in public office re LE and/or local prosecutors, it doesn't bode well for solving serious crimes. I don't know if there's any data on the subject, but I'd be willing to guess it's one of the top 3 reasons why cases go cold.

JMO, in these cases, it sounds like the locals need some outside "help", meaning someone else needs to be overseeing this case. It's always difficult when small counties have to deal with major, random murders and abductions where the perps are unknown. Local LE and prosecutors are usually not well prepared for that kind of thing, no matter how many seminars they attend. Local politics and relationships always play a role for better or worse and the public spotlight is also a problem. It's something that needs to be studied and solutions developed.

I agree with the concerns you’ve mentioned. As for the investigation, the various partners refer to themselves as a Multi-Agency Task Force.

“The Delphi Police Department, the Carroll County Sheriff, the Indiana State Police, and the FBI are asking for your assistance in identifying the suspect in the double homicide of two teenage girls, Abigail J. "Abby" Williams, 13, and Liberty Rose Lynn "Libby" German, 14, both from Delphi.”
ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member